Lendlease

Lendlease Employee Reviews

United Kingdom42 reviews
Great place to work, with a fantastic culture of support and collaboration, great training and personal development, excellent benefits and fantastic worldwide projects
Excellent company to work with
Caring and compassionate company that strives to look after its employees. They offer flexible working arrangements. They provide mental health first aid overviews which is of great importance in today's society.
Good environment to learn
Good environment and learning modern age of construction and development. A company that supports all its employees with self development and strive for safety first.
Great Work Experience
Polite, professional and dedicated about their cause and ambitions. Accepting of young people and able to teach and develop their skill sets. Multiple branches and different aspects to the company enlighten people who have not had much interactions with their industry
General Manager
Lendlease are an Australian based construction company with 13,000 employees worldwide. The role was to manage the facilities operations at its prestigious London based Head Quarters and 2 showcasing site offices at the International Quarter London and Elephant Park. Direct team of 5, indirect team of 15 key supply chain partners. Budget responsibility of £9 million.
Productive and fun place to work
It is a friendly and fun place to work, it like one big family, you can move within the company. The managers are clear with what is required from you, the hardest part of the job is meeting dead-line.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the flexibility of times and how you work.
Pros
Free Breakfast
busy
good employer, good projects with a good range of clients and internal systems, a good culture of staff with communication at the hart of the company,
good company
Great company to work for
Friendly staff very helpful

Management are great

working hours were always flexible

always paid on time never any later than that
Extremely busy, day went quickly
No day was the same, facilities management so extremely busy, along with organising meeting rooms, booking in contractors, managing reception, ensuring contractors had relevant documentation to work on site, providing site inductions for visitors, issuing working permits and car park passes.

This job was busy extremely varied and the day went so quickly.

There was lots of opportunities to progress within the business.
Pros
free car parking, nice working environment
Great employer
Great employer, very pro active on mental health awareness. Great internal training benefits and good team spirit.
Flexible with time off for medical and mental check ups.
Productive.
IT Technician at Padiham, Lancashire

Sole job very lonely role. Little communication either over phone or email. Very mundane communication.

Although I gained a lot of experience. Working at the school gave me early indications. The outsource company (lendlease) might be being reviewed by the school to go in house with its IT support. So I took initiative early to seek other work.

Very good place to work on hindsight
Pros
Health and Safety
Cons
London travel for a 2 day induction that made no sense, Very little in way of persomal development, Engsgement with others, Online time sheets, Plus excessive phone calls to HR (Australia) which is a pain at best.
Great
I started my career at Lend Lease and learnt most of the skills I have now during my time here. I had many different roles which helped me gain experience at different levels.
Very busy enviroment
Assisting the Pensions team during benefit changes
Supporting staff with queries regarding their pension

Supporting the team as the first line of contact for staff queries

Updating and managing staff pension data and benefit schemes
Pros
Training provided
Cons
department outsourced abroad
good people in management
The time I spent working for Lend Lease was probably the best I have spent in the 45yrs of being in the building trade.I started there as the on site carpenter and within a few months became the supervisor to the other on site carpenters and the assistant to the senior Logistics manager hence the reason I stayed working on the military base in Stafford for almost 3 yrs. While in that role I learned more on the side of management especially after I took the Site Managers certificate to which I passed and things became a lot clearer on how sites were managed properly.
Pros
Nights out team building on the company
Cons
The are no bad points
Good Company
I learned a lot over the 11 years at Lendlease and have always worked with nice people who could all work as a team. New system's were brought in which was for the best and working well .
Pros
Bupa Health care
Relaxed working environment
Working for Lendlease on a everday basis was nice and relaxed as worked with a team of 4. I have learnt various daily school reports when using the Microsoft Excel package and the use of e-mails on using Outlook Express.

The co-workers was very nice and helpful if required any assistance. The most enjoyable part of the job was the flexibility and getting on well as part of a team.
Enjoyable
Always enjoyed my work and got on with the staff in contact with a few I've learned new skill with most of the companies and organisations I did my health and safety and food hygiene
Good company
Good company in respect of training, packages and healthcare. Departments can be a issue due to Management - too many managers not enough workers, need to be more work life balance and more meetings with seniors.
Pros
Great packages
Cons
Hr
a fun and educating place to work
Bluewater is a very nice place to work . You get to work with members of the public on a regular basis. I also did traffic management which involed directing traffic around bluewater.
Pros
A pretty place to work and the work was outside .that was nice in the summer.
Cons
we had to work 45 hours a week on a rota 3 on 2 off.
productive, interesting, unique work place
while i was working at lend lease i learned skills such as time management, team work and communication.the most enjoyable part of the job is designing your own models and sketches of buildings and rooms.
Pros
free lunches, tours around the building sites
Excellant company
The company really does look after their staff.
First place I have worked in 30 years where you are still considered a human being.

Benefits are great, good work/life balance.

This is also a great place for graduates who they really train and provide them with jobs once they have graduated.

They also have a scheme to get locals back in to work who have a disadvantaged background and again they train them whilst providing them with a permanent role.

The company is also working hard within the community and in particular they are trying to get women into construction which is a large project and going well even though it is in the early stages.
Pros
Fruit, tea, coffee, cereal, biscuits all free
Cons
n/a