Lendlease Employee Reviews

Extremely busy, day went quickly
Helpdesk Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Touchwood Shopping Centre Solihull26 January 2018
No day was the same, facilities management so extremely busy, along with organising meeting rooms, booking in contractors, managing reception, ensuring contractors had relevant documentation to work on site, providing site inductions for visitors, issuing working permits and car park passes.

This job was busy extremely varied and the day went so quickly.

There was lots of opportunities to progress within the business.
Pros
free car parking, nice working environment
Great employer
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  London11 November 2017
Great employer, very pro active on mental health awareness. Great internal training benefits and good team spirit.
Flexible with time off for medical and mental check ups.
Great
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Stratford12 October 2017
I started my career at Lend Lease and learnt most of the skills I have now during my time here. I had many different roles which helped me gain experience at different levels.
Very busy enviroment
Pensions Co-ordinator (Former Employee) –  Regent's Park, Greater London24 June 2017
Assisting the Pensions team during benefit changes
Supporting staff with queries regarding their pension
Supporting the team as the first line of contact for staff queries
Updating and managing staff pension data and benefit schemes
Pros
Training provided
Cons
department outsourced abroad
good people in management
site supervisor/assistant Logistics manager (Former Employee) –  Stafford, Staffordshire5 June 2017
The time I spent working for Lend Lease was probably the best I have spent in the 45yrs of being in the building trade.I started there as the on site carpenter and within a few months became the supervisor to the other on site carpenters and the assistant to the senior Logistics manager hence the reason I stayed working on the military base in Stafford for almost 3 yrs. While in that role I learned more on the side of management especially after I took the Site Managers certificate to which I passed and things became a lot clearer on how sites were managed properly.
Pros
Nights out team building on the company
Cons
The are no bad points
Good Company
Part Time Accounts Offier (Current Employee) –  London Euston2 May 2017
I learned a lot over the 11 years at Lendlease and have always worked with nice people who could all work as a team. New system's were brought in which was for the best and working well .
Pros
Bupa Health care
Relaxed working environment
Telephone Switchboard Operator (Former Employee) –  Solihull12 January 2017
Working for Lendlease on a everday basis was nice and relaxed as worked with a team of 4. I have learnt various daily school reports when using the Microsoft Excel package and the use of e-mails on using Outlook Express.

The co-workers was very nice and helpful if required any assistance. The most enjoyable part of the job was the flexibility and getting on well as part of a team.
Enjoyable
Caretaker (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, Lincolnshire27 December 2016
Always enjoyed my work and got on with the staff in contact with a few I've learned new skill with most of the companies and organisations I did my health and safety and food hygiene
Good company
Corporate Switchboard Operator (Current Employee) –  Solihull19 November 2016
Good company in respect of training, packages and healthcare. Departments can be a issue due to Management - too many managers not enough workers, need to be more work life balance and more meetings with seniors.
Pros
Great packages
Cons
Hr
a fun and educating place to work
external host (Former Employee) –  Kent15 September 2016
Bluewater is a very nice place to work . You get to work with members of the public on a regular basis. I also did traffic management which involed directing traffic around bluewater.
Pros
A pretty place to work and the work was outside .that was nice in the summer.
Cons
we had to work 45 hours a week on a rota 3 on 2 off.

Want to know more about Lendlease?

Ask a question
productive, interesting, unique work place
Architects Assistant (Former Employee) –  Elephant & Castle28 December 2015
while i was working at lend lease i learned skills such as time management, team work and communication.the most enjoyable part of the job is designing your own models and sketches of buildings and rooms.
Pros
free lunches, tours around the building sites
Excellant company
Receptionist/Project Administrator/ (Current Employee) –  Oxford Circus, ENG20 August 2015
The company really does look after their staff.
First place I have worked in 30 years where you are still considered a human being.
Benefits are great, good work/life balance.
This is also a great place for graduates who they really train and provide them with jobs once they have graduated.
They also have a scheme to get locals back in to work who have a disadvantaged background and again they train them whilst providing them with a permanent role.
The company is also working hard within the community and in particular they are trying to get women into construction which is a large project and going well even though it is in the early stages.
Pros
Fruit, tea, coffee, cereal, biscuits all free
Cons
n/a
A+
Banksman (Former Employee) –  Banks, ENG16 January 2015
Good Job, and well managed site.
Job would involve, Radio use, Banking HGV,LGVS On and off site.
Booking them in and out, and checking certificates. eg:CPC,Hiab,ADR.
Good people poor pay
PM (Current Employee) –  london23 October 2014
need to pay more to be more competative i dont have anythiong else to say
Productive and enjoyable workplace
Office Junior (Current Employee) –  London, Elephant & Castle23 October 2014
My role was to assist and support a team of 70 in a project office. I did this for 8 months with a property development company called Lend Lease and really enjoy my position. My role was the office junior, so my role varied from covering reception for lunch & holidays,booking meeting rooms and ordering lunches for corporate meeting, distributing post in accordance to company filing system, liaising with suppliers regarding any delivery issues and also assisting the office manager with running the office smoothly such as ordering stationery office supplies on a reoccurring basis, assisted PA's in binding contracts, photocopying and scanning documents, processed senior managers expenses using oracle on a monthly basis, transferring PPE to and from sites to ensure smooth visits and so much more. This opportunity has given me a good experience and i now i want to get in to the admin role of work, its taught me the ability to priorities workload and also given me great opportunities such as defibrillator training and life skill workshops like planning & organizing, analytic thinking & problem solving and a few others. I now feel i'm ready to progress my career in admin and i want to further my skills and knowledge in administration. I got along with all my work colleagues, everyone was very friendly and caring, always willing to help. There wasn't a day when i felt like i was dreading work. was always happy to come in because the environment of the office is very welcoming. Had a good relationship with my manager, she was really down to earth and gave good advice and direction.  more... The most enjoyable part of the job was going to the company events. they were very interesting and great to be a part of.  less
Pros
Refresh area that provided breakfast and hot drinks for free, and free fruit
Cons
Keeping up with the stationery requirements
fun work place
concierge (Former Employee) –  Bluewater10 September 2014
I learned a lot at Bluewater and met some really nice people on the way. Management was always on hand to help when you needed them. The hardest part of my job was dealing with agressive quests but the most enjoyable part was being able to meet my set targets and helping the customers as much as i can and being very helpful to them.
Pros
met some really nice people on the way
Cons
zero hour contract
Educational, Charitable, productive and fun
Post Room/Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Harrow, ENG10 September 2014
A day at the office would be unpredictable and challenging but safe. The business has taught me to put safety first for myself and others. The management system was supportive and allows for progression within the business. The business clearly specifies job roles that there is no room for conflict so co-workers can only benefit from each other.The hardest part of the job was dealing issues involving local authorities. The most enjoyable part of the job was dealing with people.
Pros
Free breakfast and fruit
Cons
sametime had to work sundays
Really nice site to work on
assistant (Current Employee) –  yorkshire8 April 2014
long hours, no family life.

Poor, chaotic and reactionary Management style.

A lot of management decisions (eg, taking on new staff) get sent to senior management in Australia, causing massive problems.

PFI contracts were completed on time and on budget because the buildings were not actually finished; and many contractors were not paid, to the detriment for the maintenance teams trying maintain them.

Job interviews not required, if you manage to turn up to work a few days a week, we will give you a job.

Qualifications can be got later on, ever heard of short courses, who needs engineering apprenticeships.

As a result the only staff who stay are the ones who cant get a job anywhere else.

No professional development, unless someone quits and we need a replacement quick, see above about qualifications.

Health and safety is non existent, keeps the costs down.
Day to Day
Site Engineering Coordinator (also H&S rep) (Current Employee) –  Leeds Oncology Wing30 January 2014
My duties in my current role vary from day to day. Primarily, I coordinate the ongoing maintenance of the hospital, working directly with external contractors and internal service engineers. My secondary role is within the Projects Team at our Lend Lease site. As a group we liaise with the Trust to arrange and organise the internal development of extracurricular facilities that are outside of our facilities Contract. An understanding of Projects & Project Management has been developed and a desire to become more heavily involved has emerged. I am heavily involved with all administrative policy and procedure and find myself (with others) constantly trying to better and make the systems we use more efficient and user friendly. In addition to my regular duties, I am the Health and Safety Representative for our site. In this instance I am responsible for ensuring that our staff has all the relevant protection, such as equipment and safe environments to work in. I advise all staff, Workforce AND Management on Regulations and Requirements of H & S Law that must be adhered to in order to work safely and securely. All in all, this role is fantastic and unfortunately, due to this Facilities Contract’s restrictions on expansion, I feel I have progressed as far as I can and feel I am ready for the next stage in my Career and personal development.
Pros
Great Working Community and good Role
Cons
Poor Advancement Opportunities
Fun place to work because of the people i work with
Guest house operator(Nights) (Current Employee) –  warrington14 January 2014
I think my co workers are great to work with we all work as a team but there isnt much input by line manager.Because we work nights we never see management and just leave us to it..With the job there isnt much variety you more or less do the same each night and ive been there just under 3 years and gained one license which is an IPAF license although i have asked to get other stuff but nothing comes of it when they say yes we will give you training..
Cons
Dont see my family or friends because of nights/hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lendlease. Our community is ready to answer.