Leigh Academies Trust

Leigh Academies Trust Employee Reviews

United Kingdom5 reviews
This was a challenging but ultimately fulfilling experience. Working in a special needs school, whilst hard work, was an extremely satisfying experience.
Pros
satisfing
Cons
management was difficult
Awful place to work if your face does not fit. Plenty of nepotism and a bullying culture,. Avoid at all costs if you respect your sanity. Each day I am intimidated and questioned on my actions.
I had the pleasure to be part of the Leigh Academies Trust, what an amazing experience! The team is all truly involved with the kids, trying always to get the best out of them.
Support staff keep getting more and more piled on them as others leave.

Virtually ignored by some of the Senior Team.

Going the extra mile never rewarded.

You can fit in very nicely if your face fits, but be careful what you say and to whom.
Pros
Co-workers at the same level were supportive
Cons
Management ignore you
My typical day at work. I start at 8am and finish at 4pm.
I have learned a fair amount of knowledge working here as an Administrator but having been working here for about 2 years and was told I could be trained to be a go higher in the department or to learn extra knowledge of another role. This hasn't happened and I was told recently that there is no progression and if I want it, I was to look elsewhere and do better to get promoted.

I was also told I would get bonuses at Christmas (every year), not once been rewarded for going the extra mile.

I do enjoy working here but the job gets repetitive and you get given loads to do on top of the work you already have and you don't get paid extra or the time you spend working overtime, just get rewarded with 'Thank you'.

Recently I was told I could claim travel expenses (petrol) traveling to other Academies which I was able to do last year but wasn't told, so I have lost out.

It's nice to get some extra jobs within the job but it just gets too much. The staff here are nice and I get along well like we are a family but there are limits.
Pros
Free lunches on training days, friendly staff, wear own clothes through half terms
Cons
No extra pay, no free staff lunches
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Leigh Academies Trust. Our community is ready to answer.
2.5