LEICESTER CITY COUNCIL Employee Reviews

Productive day
Office Assistant, Learning Services, LCC (Former Employee) –  Leicester City Centre, Leicestershire23 April 2018
Every day is different with new things to learn
Staff is excellent and friendly
The most enjoyable part of the day is when I finished my deadline

The hardest part was travelling
great workplace
counc (Current Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire18 April 2018
I have enjoyed every minute I have worked here. great management and work colleges, training that as been provided as been excellent. I would recommend working for lcc
Pros
great work place
Driver server
Driver/Server, Meals on Wheels (Former Employee) –  Leicester meals on weels15 March 2018
Meals on weels to deliver meal to elderly people time keeping is very important to deliver meals on time also you have to be very kind and very helpful with elderly people
fantastic variety of landscaping jobs, terrible job security
Landscaper (Former Employee) –  Leicester12 March 2018
I really enjoyed this job. We dealt with all manners of landscaping accross the whole city. Management and colleagues were great. Unfortunately all agency staff were laid off with only one days notice.
very helping and fun workplace
payable assistant (Former Employee) –  Leicester City Centre, Leicestershire6 March 2018
I have learned a lot about clerical works and how to converse with clients. the most enjoyable part was to learn the new accounting system. typical day at work was very flexible since I am on internship and I had to work for 4 hours only.
Pros
free stationeries
Hard Work & No Life
Civil Enforcement Officer (Former Employee) –  Leicester15 February 2018
Great in terms of what it sells you in terms of what you can get out of working for the county/city council. However when you want to take your annual leave you won't be able to.
Pros
Great Prospects for career advancement
Cons
hardly any chance of taking holiday time accrued
Productive and Relaxed Environment
Domestic Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leicester11 February 2018
A typical day at work would involve cleaning a number of council offices whilst adhering to Health and Safety regulations.
I learned a lot about time-keeping and prioritising tasks.
Management were friendly and understanding.
The workplace culture was a very relaxed environment.
The hardest part of the job was completing tasks to a high standard in the limited time available.
The job in itself was enjoyable and stress-free.
Pros
Productive and Relaxed Environment
Cons
N/a
Too many chiefs, not enough braves
Administrative Asst (Current Employee) –  Depot1 February 2018
LCC has little time for those who work on the lower rungs of the ladder or do not conform to the corporate employee model. Proper training or development is non-existent on this level and it's difficult to move around unless you are on a defined career path and/or work full time.
Workplace culture varies with departments but generally friendly and welcoming with little gender/race/disability discrimination.
The most enjoyable part is leaving work at the end of the week.
Pros
Anonymity
Cons
Anonimity
All departments
Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire29 January 2018
Mainly worked in Education department longest, enjoyed the work and the people around me, managers helpful and understanding. Great flexible working hours too
Amazing.
Web Editor / Content Manager (Former Employee) –  Leicester28 January 2018
It's a really fun place to work. Everyone loves each other. There is a culture of donuts. indeed.co.uk is making me write this and I really can't be bothered. Work there... you'll love it. It's a way of life.

Want to know more about LEICESTER CITY COUNCIL?

Ask a question
People Ok Managment Poor
Procurement Officer (Former Employee) –  Leicester9 January 2018
Was on the graduate scheme back in 2016 and was working in procurement services. After a month I was given a manager who was only in 3 days a week and had a busy schedule themselves. I felt that I was not given long enough to understand the role and how procurement worked at the council. At my probation my manager just let me go saying that I had only made 'minor improvements' and my performance was not satisfactory even though I felt that I had to been given full support or formal training in how to do my job properly. Was a shame as the people in the office were very nice.
Pros
Salary isn't bad, flexi time very handy
Cons
Management was poor.
excellent progression and supportive directorate
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire22 November 2017
I find my job role offers me lots of variety and challenges, the management are very supportive and provide a good steer on objectives. The Team I work with have an excellent set of skills
Good Team ethic
Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire28 October 2017
Worked in a really good team in which every one was very supportive - this was beneficial as i was only 16 when working here - wish they had had the contract to keep me on.
Street mason (Former Employee) –  Leicester26 October 2017
Working for lcc was very good working in the public sector
I used to
Concrete chambers
Reson for leaving
Moved from Leicester
Now living in thanet
Pros
Holidays and toil hours
Cons
Weather
Good employer
Business Support Manager (Former Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire19 October 2017
Stimulating work with opportunities to progress.
Slow decision making
Team working and individual responsibilities
Good work / life balance.
Friendly colleagues and workplace
Good pay and benefits
Good values and ethics
Pros
Family friendly employer
good environment
Carer for family member (Former Employee) –  uk11 October 2017
good environment to work in i was a carer for my family memeber and they helped as and when they could always on call ikf we needed and repairs doing or what have you
Pros
free lunches
Great job but poor pay
Library Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leicester28 September 2017
Working for the council is great on the whole - getting involved with community projects, meeting really caring teams across the city, and an overall belief in the work of the council.

However, let's be honest, the pay doesn't reflect this. Unfortunately there isn't much that can be done about this. But if you want to work in an organisation that provides more real value than almost any other career then great. But if you want to earn big bucks and can sell out, then this isn't for you at all.
productive and fun workplace
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire20 September 2017
productive and fun workplace. Proactive and always there to support when needed. It is well managed and has a good work ethic. Everyday is a learning day.
When the going gets tough management may decide to play rough!
Housing Division ex-employee (Former Employee) –  Various11 September 2017
The first 14 years at the council were very enjoyable and rewarding however the last 4 years bcame extremely difficult after raising valid health and safety concerns at work. I was sadly forced to take voluntary redundancy in order to protect my mental and physical well-being!
Pros
Friendly and supportive colleagues across the divisions
Cons
Lack of management care and support
Too many chiefs!
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Leicester3 September 2017
Over the years this job went from a rewarding enjoyable experience to one of being made to feel undervalued, excluded and in fact bullied by those who should have been managing an equal and fair environment. Managers had been in the same post for many years and seemed to believe they could continue in their behaviours to those who did not fit in to their 'favourites' category. This resulted in many good and caring workers resigning and leaving the establishment in a most unhappy place to work.