Leicester City Council
Here to help
Coronavirus update

Leicester City Council Employee Reviews

United Kingdom159 reviews
Very supportive and friendly work environment with excellent work and training culture and although my post was only a maternity cover position with the knowledge that the post could end after 8 - 9 months, i thoroughly enjoyed my time working in Customer Support.
communication skills improved
interactive

job very interactive with the personal

care service providers at time not cooperative

great workplace culture
Varied job roles under one title. I have gained immense experience in various departments that I have worked for at Leicester City Council. Management varies depending which department you are working for, it could be a fast paced or relaxed environment. It is all related to workplace culture. Hardest part of the job is mix and match in an untimely manner which is really unsettling and lose of focus. Most enjoyable part of the job is working with the team!
Nothing but positive feelings towards all aspects of the job. If you’re happy to put the work in and enjoy different challenges then I highly recommend this to anyone.
I had to leave due to the stress,

To much work for amount of time

Most enjoyable working with children

Hardest fitting amount of work into time available.

This was my feeling when I left but does not reflect all of my time working for Leicester
Great people to work with. I have worked for the Leicester city council for many years and my only grumble would be the payroll. Not very helpful and you are always made to feel like you have done something wrong when all you have done is called for some advice.
arriving in the morning to report to supervisor and pick up work for the day. working with a partner and going out to investigate reported problems with drains.
Leicester City Council does not care about the people who are working for the council.
If they a member of management take a dislike to you. They will do everything they can to get rid of you. To the extent of lying and getting junior management to lie. No matter what you are how will you are at doing your job. Your gone.

Don't rock the boat.
It would be nice to paid unsocial hours and paid double overweends.
Interviews should not made hard for applicants. They should be given achance to develop their careers
Customer Service Department was a good place to work. Always different each day. Friendly and Supportive colleagues. Fast Paced. Good on-site training opportunities.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Leicester City Council?
Great company to work for , the training was always very thorough and precise .
The company really lol after there staff .

Residents were given the best food and activities .
I worked as an agency worker assisting clients with no recourse to public funds. I worked in the capacity of an assessor. Assisted clients with accommodation placements and subsistence.
Will be interested in work for Leicester city council because I live in this city and will bring my knowledge and experience which I have gained from my previous employer.
Working for the Leicester City Council is challenging and rewarding, you have to overcome barriers, be creative, innovative and think outside the box.
Pros
Good training, supportive collegues
Very poor management with few professional or personnel management skills, little support, undermined constantly, unappreciated and undervalued. Poor internal communication and career prospects.
Pros
Offices are in a city centre location
Cons
Poor management
would prefer some sort of certificate and a pay during the time i worked there though i was i a young person. I would have preferred if i had been given a future job pathway due to my experience.
I began with LCC in a pool of support staff . From my recruitment onwards , LCC were committed to investing in & encouraging the best from their staff . I learned so much more & broadened my existing skill sets with their support . I never encountered a manager , team leader or colleague within either the Lead Commissioner's Team , the Customer Service Team or Adult Social Care services with whom I worked , who was not helpful, likable & consummately professional by being so . I cannot say a "hard part " of the job with such a protective & supportive umbrella over me . Attention to precise detail was demanding but to equally expected . I can't fault LCC . I enjoyed my life and time and service with that authority . They seem to have their proverbial finger on the pulse where getting the best from staff is achieved with encouragement, support , compassion & treating them as adults. Personally Leicester City Council brought me into day to day contact with a broad spectrum of staff from multiple and diverse backgrounds . This could only serve to further enhance my education and development
The salary is there every month!!.easy going management, comfortable vehicles, variety of work.good working conditions,free physiotherapy,uniform provided,health and safety training,first aid training.
With the job I do you can have a laugh with all the people and its good money and benefits and good pensions and you can say who. Gets the money and who dont
Pros
Free uniform
Cons
Sociable hours
I spent 6 months at the Leicester City Council Construction depot in Beaumont Leys between July and December. A typical day started exactly at 8.00pm and finished around 4.00pm. It was basically labouring duties, clearing over grown council owned land, gardens and public pathways etc. We did this by using council tools supplied. The hardest part of the job was working in hot summer conditions (outdoors) also cold and rainy conditions. I would also include in the hardest part, taking part in clearing accommodation of furniture after an eviction has been served (usually two weeks after the tenant/s have left). Most enjoyable part was working with some great characters and achieving completing the work given to us. It was tiring on occasion but overall I enjoyed it. It was a temporary contract of just six months.The average week lasted four days with every Friday off. I learned a different way of working, before I was an office worker of over 25 years so it was a big change. I would recommend it to someone between the ages of 20 - 45. I was 54 when I worked for them, and not in the best shape but I did try. It also depends on the people you work with. I was one of a team of 10 so getting on with people I would say is key. Hope this review helps someone.
high levels of work related stress/mental health/depression/anxiety due to excessive workloads, excessive working hours & lack of management support

high staff turnover & problems with recruitment & retention & low staff morale

hostile, toxic & oppressive working environment

no advancement, promotion or career/professional development

workplace culture is very cliquey/incestuous where manager's give their friends/colleagues manager's jobs
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Leicester City Council. Our community is ready to answer.
Leicester City Council Reviews by Location