Legal & General Investment Management Employee Reviews

Good company to work for
Server Analyst (Former Employee) –  London5 February 2019
Good company to work for. This is a high stressed environment and male dominated IT department. There was a lot of paid overtime. There is opportunity to move internally if you wish to.
Data Analyst Review
Technical Client Reporting Analyst (Current Employee) –  London21 January 2019
Usually a day is filled up with meetings and managing the project. When it's not stakeholder management it's all about developing a tool or creating reports for the client.
Amazing
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  London26 July 2018
amazing place to work, loved the week, really fun and exciting place to work with lots of fun friendly faces. Can't wait to come back for another week of learning.
Good pay but not much else
IT Production Operator (Former Employee) –  London28 March 2018
Fairly decent place to work overall, but management is distant and you only hear from them when they want to blame you for something.

Money is good, but department is in the process of being outsourced to India, hence why I left.

Work/life balance is alright, but the staffing levels were low in my department were very low, so getting time off was always difficult. and if you want a last minute sick day, you better get well quickly and get on the train because it isn't happening!
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Low staffing levels
Great and relaxed work environment.
Reconciliations & Cash Team Administrator (Former Employee) –  City of London, Greater London2 January 2018
My main duties at Legal & General Investment Management were the calculation of the funds (PEP's & ISA's) for sign off by Compliance, reconciling the clients financial contributions against monies invested and investigation of any discrepancies. During my time there, I improved the lay out of the reports by making them more transparent and self explanatory which earned me praise from the Compliance team. I was also involved in a high profile project when I single handled the investigation of three thousand L&G clients. It was an excellent work environment with great team spirit which made every one enjoying their roles there.
Pros
Excelent work environment and plenty of overtime
Cons
None that I can think off.
Fun and stable place to work
IT Specialist (Former Employee) –  London24 October 2017
If you are looking for a stable 9-5 job then LGIM is perfect. A lot of fun and helpful colleagues to work with. However, senior management in IT is more concerned with their own objectives and bonus than with their employees job satisfaction, career growth or PDP. Company is growing and transforming, but there is still a huge amount of baggage it carries like poor people and department data which stand in a way of almost every project. HR is pretty much non-existent too. I believe this place for those who have salaries and like working with their colleagues, but not work young and ambitious.
Pros
Great cafeteria, work/life balance, no extra work hours, stability, great people
Cons
Extremely limited career progresion, poor senior IT management, below industry average salary
Varied Workplace
Infrastructure Manager (Global) (Former Employee) –  London2 August 2017
There was 100% no typical work day, everyday was different ..... this was I enjoyed, so did most people. I have learnt a great deal with working at L&G, mixing with a variety of different personnel within the organisation.

The culture was relaxed but busy, most important .... when there were issues, everyone pulled together to help!
Pros
Flexible working
Cons
Very long hours, but that goes with the role
Entrprise qui favorise la conciliation de la vie privee et la vie publique
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  londres7 May 2017
Entreprise qui favorise la conciliation de la vie privee et la vie publique notamment a travers le travail a domicile
ok
Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kingswood Warren, Surrey30 March 2017
Was OK place to work although the company is very inefficient and management are not good.

Too many employees have got comfortable and are not willing to go above an beyond. i often heard people compare it to a playground - which isn't far from the truth.

Having said that, if you do not get involved in the politics, it is a good place to work and there are so good people there.
Challenging and engaging workforce
HR Assistant (Former Employee) –  City of London29 December 2016
LGIM was a fantastic company to work for. I gained immense experience and engaged with staff at all levels of seniority.

I worked in a very fast paced environment with tight deadlines. I enjoyed working under pressure while maintaining a professional relationship with my co-workers.
review
Finance Analyst (Current Employee) –  London30 May 2016
big plans, established company. Nice people at below to mid management level. staff canteen is good. The can support some people get through accountancy qualifications etc.
Pros
big company
Cons
redundancies
Hard working
Accountant (Current Employee) –  London10 March 2016
Hard working, good training and secure work place. Able to move up through the business following accountancy qualification.
good place to work
Settlements Administrator (Former Employee) –  London, ENG15 September 2015
good work colleagues and supportive able to work on ones own but also the ability to move around with in the company. Very social and the hours were normally within reason
Pros
good social place to work
Cons
little progression
Daily Life at L & G
Senior Analyst IG/HY (Current Employee) –  london30 March 2015
It's a very busy day as a credit research analyst, as I cover 7-8 sectors and up to 70-80 companies. I give my opinions to the fund managers at our daily morning meeting (8am), with research to follow soon after. We often have company meetings in mid-morning or early afternoon or I attend update meetings from our economists or strategists, Life is never boring at L & G and the people are very co-operative and friendly.
Pros
Friendly work colleagues
Cons
No lunch breaks
Motivational working place.
Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  London29 December 2014
This placement was only work experience so i didn't get to learn all aspects of the job, but from the short period of time i was there i enjoyed every moment. The people, the journey, the city rush all came natural to me. The management was very professional and knew how to treat staff, they also motivated me to do well and gave good careers advice.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Work experience
Nice company to work for and staff and management as friendly as well.
Supervisor Income Team (Former Employee) –  London6 November 2013
I worked at Legal and General for 12 years. I was employed on a 6 months contract to investigate and recover the outstanding income for their clients which I enjoyed as I could see what i was achieving.I was successful in finishing the project and the management was happy with my performance therefore they offered me a permanent position. I was then investigating and processing dividends for L & G clients. I also got involved in their tax project recovering all the outstanding historic tax refunds.
I worked myself up to a supervisory level and was managing a team of 6 people but unfortunately their was a restructure and my job was at risk ans was made redundent.
I am a peoples person so got on well with all my team members and the management as well.