Legal & General Investment Management

Legal & General Investment Management Employee Reviews

United Kingdom22 reviews
L&G is a fast pace progressive organisation that moves with the times. Very client solution focused and has a dept of resources and skills second to none
The team I worked with was awesome. Flexible work environment. Good opportunity to grow and learn. I recommend the organisation for anyone looking to work in an environment that offers good work culture
Pros
Good culture of work
Cons
Salary not as competitive
Not a company in the modern world. Old fashioned culture, absolutely awful tech, the tools given to you are woeful, systems that are decades old, ugly offices etc... Definitely not a company where you can speak your mind. You're not allowed to try and improve things because 'this is the way its always been done'

terrible
Pros
the salary wasnt bad for what we did
Cons
too many to list
Nice, friendly colleagues with good work/life balance in most teams.Great location near to Moorgate station. Would recommend for anyone in the financial services industry.
Understand and collaborative from staff to management and senior management.
Every friendly and nice.

Great offices overlooking park.

Management could do more to engage with staff but overall would recommend to anyone.
Pros
Good catering facilities
Cons
Good work life balance
This company has so much potential, but the management is stagnating. A great company to work for when you're not in a call centre. The office I dated.
Good company to work for. This is a high stressed environment and male dominated IT department. There was a lot of paid overtime. There is opportunity to move internally if you wish to.
Usually a day is filled up with meetings and managing the project. When it's not stakeholder management it's all about developing a tool or creating reports for the client.
amazing place to work, loved the week, really fun and exciting place to work with lots of fun friendly faces. Can't wait to come back for another week of learning.
Fairly decent place to work overall, but management is distant and you only hear from them when they want to blame you for something.

Money is good, but department is in the process of being outsourced to India, hence why I left.

Work/life balance is alright, but the staffing levels were low in my department were very low, so getting time off was always difficult. and if you want a last minute sick day, you better get well quickly and get on the train because it isn't happening!
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Low staffing levels
My main duties at Legal & General Investment Management were the calculation of the funds (PEP's & ISA's) for sign off by Compliance, reconciling the clients financial contributions against monies invested and investigation of any discrepancies. During my time there, I improved the lay out of the reports by making them more transparent and self explanatory which earned me praise from the Compliance team. I was also involved in a high profile project when I single handled the investigation of three thousand L&G clients. It was an excellent work environment with great team spirit which made every one enjoying their roles there.
Pros
Excelent work environment and plenty of overtime
Cons
None that I can think off.
If you are looking for a stable 9-5 job then LGIM is perfect. A lot of fun and helpful colleagues to work with. However, senior management in IT is more concerned with their own objectives and bonus than with their employees job satisfaction, career growth or PDP. Company is growing and transforming, but there is still a huge amount of baggage it carries like poor people and department data which stand in a way of almost every project. HR is pretty much non-existent too. I believe this place for those who have salaries and like working with their colleagues, but not work young and ambitious.
Pros
Great cafeteria, work/life balance, no extra work hours, stability, great people
Cons
Extremely limited career progresion, poor senior IT management, below industry average salary
There was 100% no typical work day, everyday was different ..... this was I enjoyed, so did most people. I have learnt a great deal with working at L&G, mixing with a variety of different personnel within the organisation.

The culture was relaxed but busy, most important .... when there were issues, everyone pulled together to help!
Pros
Flexible working
Cons
Very long hours, but that goes with the role
Entreprise qui favorise la conciliation de la vie privee et la vie publique notamment a travers le travail a domicile
Was OK place to work although the company is very inefficient and management are not good.

Too many employees have got comfortable and are not willing to go above an beyond. i often heard people compare it to a playground - which isn't far from the truth.

Having said that, if you do not get involved in the politics, it is a good place to work and there are so good people there.
LGIM was a fantastic company to work for. I gained immense experience and engaged with staff at all levels of seniority.

I worked in a very fast paced environment with tight deadlines. I enjoyed working under pressure while maintaining a professional relationship with my co-workers.
big plans, established company. Nice people at below to mid management level. staff canteen is good. The can support some people get through accountancy qualifications etc.
Pros
big company
Cons
redundancies
Hard working, good training and secure work place. Able to move up through the business following accountancy qualification.
good work colleagues and supportive able to work on ones own but also the ability to move around with in the company. Very social and the hours were normally within reason
Pros
good social place to work
Cons
little progression
It's a very busy day as a credit research analyst, as I cover 7-8 sectors and up to 70-80 companies. I give my opinions to the fund managers at our daily morning meeting (8am), with research to follow soon after. We often have company meetings in mid-morning or early afternoon or I attend update meetings from our economists or strategists, Life is never boring at L & G and the people are very co-operative and friendly.
Pros
Friendly work colleagues
Cons
No lunch breaks
This placement was only work experience so i didn't get to learn all aspects of the job, but from the short period of time i was there i enjoyed every moment. The people, the journey, the city rush all came natural to me. The management was very professional and knew how to treat staff, they also motivated me to do well and gave good careers advice.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Work experience
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Legal & General Investment Management. Our community is ready to answer.
4.2