LEEDS UNIVERSITY UNION Employee Reviews

Unless your in the clique don’t bother
Kitchen Assistant (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire9 April 2018
The bars and kitchen are very clicky if your face doesn’t fit don’t bother applying. You won’t get a say in the menu as suggestions go in and don’t get listened to and they are very eager to let you fall and not offer assistance
Pros
Working with fellow students and good social life
Cons
Nobodies got a clue
Cliquey and blinded by procedure
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leeds27 November 2017
LUU suffers from a huge amount of unnecessary bureaucracy and red tape, making simple tasks convoluted and difficult. The management is limited in their thinking and closed off to new ideas.

Work life balance was good, and lots of time off is given, but staff who wear their unpaid overtime like a badge of honour make other staff feel bad about taking the holiday to which they are entitled.

Room for advancement is minimal and on-the-job training is non-existent.
Pros
10% off within the union
Cons
Very cliquey
Very fun place and it gives you so much motivation to work with your colleagues
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Leeds,UK3 March 2016
In general I recommend working at university of Leeds union due to fun and friendly environment and great management. Co workers are very helpful.
Cons
the salary could be higher
productive and fun environment
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Leeds, ENG13 July 2015
awesome place to work the security team is fun and professional grate team to work with the job is never the same day to day as there is always something new going on in the union as the logo states (LOVE YOUR TIME AT LEEDS)
Pros
always hours going
Cons
unsociable hours
Good Part-Time Job
Cleaning Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leeds, ENG5 June 2014
I was only there for a couple of weeks because it was a temporary position, but the time that I was there, the environment was a great one! Although it was at 7-9am, few of the hardest hours of the day for me, the staff made it easy for me to adapt and get the job done. They're friendly and don't take everything so seriously, and still manage to get the job done within the time frame!
Pros
great attitudes, casual, short hours, notified well in advanced of shifts
Cons
None!
a typical day in the finance office
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Leeds, ENG31 January 2014
everyday was a busy day which i loved starting with setting till floats out doing safe checks ,then checking each till from day before counting money pods and all till coupons putting it all through money check machine on to a spread sheet on computer taking floats out and banking days takings sorting out variances from each till in between getting change for bars an shops when they needed it . i got on really well with my co. workers we made time to have chats and a laugh from time to time it eased the stress everyone was under we also had a radio on in the background which eased the stress .the hardest part was on a monday morning when we had 3 days takings to sort out and the pods were not in right days and till reports were missing and they had made up more floats than we gave them and not knowing from which till they have come from little things like that the best part of the day is when you sit back and you have sorted all the problems out and you can start on the next days takings
Pros
working with students from all over the world
Cons
wanting all young workers not very good with older loyal workers
Pro-active and interesting workplace
Volunteer Money Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Leeds, ENG20 January 2014
I learnt how to write a blog. The information that I had to research and found on internet was always very interesting.

Interviewing students for a survey was a new challenge for me. This required a different approach in order to get the attention and interest of the students. I found this experience very rewarding.

Meeting the students and working for the University was very interesting and enjoyable.

I also enjoyed being able to learn new skills.