Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust Employee Reviews

Not good
Clerical Officer (Former Employee) –  Leeds10 July 2018
This is not a nice place to work, the managers are not professional and the workplace culture is non existent. People are overworked and underpaid and constantly stressed.
Pros
N/a
Great staff and loyalty
Ward housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Leeds5 April 2018
The nhs is a very rewarding place to work as u not only get job satisfaction you also get to meet lots of patients which can be very interesting ,but its very full on work and you very rarely get 5 minutes as its busy ,it can be very hard espically when your short staffed .
But you can also have lots of laughs with colleagues and patients.
Pros
Great job satisfaction and benifets
Cons
Very hard work none stop
Ward Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Leeds14 January 2018
Management can be very demanding an over powering.
Demand for housekeepers/domestic assistants is at a high, work load can be busy, stressful but very rewarding when staff praise you.
NHS say they want you to climb ladders when you get into it, ive been working with them since 2015 still no luck with them not even an interview.
Pros
Staff discount, Part of NHS
Cons
Long hours, Busy, Stressful
A busy level 1 trauma centre
Surgical Rotation Trainee (Current Employee) –  Leeds General Infirmary3 January 2018
The best place to be as a surgical trainee. As a level 1 trauma centre in the vast Yorkshire area, Leeds General Infirmary receives patients with the most severe trauma or most complicated medical conditions every day. You can learn and improve a lot by working here as a junior doctor.
One of the best places I have worked
Domestic Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire10 November 2017
Worked for the domestic team on a weekend so only did 14 hours. Was good environment to work in, enjoyed making friends and preforming a duty for the public. Supervisors were good at their job but under a lot of pressure from management on more than one occasion.
You were always thanked for doing a good job, patients, ward staff and supervisors were always firm but fair.
Pros
enhancement for weekend working, good money, good environment to work in, career progression and qualifications
Cons
weekend working, hard tedious work, extra work load with no enhancements
Improving management structure
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire30 August 2017
Over last 5 years working environment has improved.
Enjoyed my jobs there and relocated for family reasons
More supportive and inclusive atmosphere recently
Standard workplace
Ward house keeper (Current Employee) –  Leeds7 August 2017
Working for the NHS is interesting by far but as for the management side of things it lacks in communication which results in a lot of misunderstandings between staff.
Pros
Meeting different people
Cons
Tiring
Great as a start, but no future for me.
Genetic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire11 July 2017
As a Genetic technologist the work was fascinating, but there were few opportunities for progression as it wasn't long before I felt I had gained everything I could within the role. The biggest thing for me was the desire to work with people and within this role I was often isolated in the work I did.
Pros
Work that is worth doing.
Cons
Limited progression
Diverse and busy
Clinical Support Worker/Student Nurse (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire8 June 2017
Leeds teaching hospitals is a diverse company to work for with lots of learning opportunities. I think I need to expand my knowledge further. I have worked on a busy Acute Medical Unit for 8 years and feel I need to take a different route.
Pros
Opportunities
Cons
Enjoyed working as a team and also on my own
Catering Assistant - Part Time (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire3 June 2017
I enjoyed working there and do lots of training i also worked as ward housekeeping and a domestic. Ordered stock in made sure everything was kept clean and tidy
Pros
The hours
Cons
When people left
This trust is a great place to work
Doctor (Current Employee) –  Leeds29 March 2017
I have worked for this trust for many years.

I have of late become more involved in management and tutor roles

and have learnt more about how it works as an organisation.

The Leeds Way reflects the staff's ideas and priorities.
Overall a very good place to work.
Midwife (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire11 March 2017
I enjoy working as a midwife. I am very privileged in my role as I work as part of an excellent team and get to work with wonderful women and their families.
Fun place to work
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Leeds City Centre, West Yorkshire9 January 2017
I have worked here for nearly one year and I've learnt some amazing skills and I have also met some great people.
There is a great pension scheme, so you don't have to worry about the future.
Pros
Good pension benefits
Cons
Short staffed
Great if you have a high banding
Clerical Officer (Current Employee) –  Leeds, ENG26 January 2016
Being only a band 2 member of staff I feel undervalued and stressed. We are the bedrock of the trust but are the most poorly treated by management especially as it now wants to run a seven day service (I thought the hospital never closed but there you go ) making staff work unsocial hours that we have no choice about. It seems almost feudal, the managers can bully with impunity and victimise without evidence when a complaint is made through sheer vindictiveness .
The only good thing is the annual leave because the pay isn't great and the pensions are being undermined. You are expected to forfeit your right to privacy, respect and dignity to keep the name of the trust intact. Most co-workers are fine but not all, some have an over inflated ego that gives them a superiority complex and they believe it gives them the right to treat you like a peasant.
Pros
You get a free flu jab, seriously that's it.
Cons
Being dehumanised.
Offers variety and chance to learn new skills
Doctors Assistant . (Former Employee) –  Leeds, ENG28 January 2014
My role was to alleviate Junior Doctors of unnecessary and time consuming tasks, such as taking patients blood samples and checking for abnormal results on screen. I also did observations, Bladder scans and ECG. My role also included helping nurses and ward clerking, when required.
Medical Education Administrator (Former Employee) –  Leeds, ENG4 May 2013
A good friendly place to work with numerous chances to expand your potential.
Good management and made many friends working there.
Pros
good holiday entitlement
Cons
Can be busy at times but still good
hospital
peri-operative assistant (Former Employee) –  st james's leeds24 November 2012
during my time with the trust i worked with a number of different people in different specialities which meant i never had a typical day
Cons
being moved to other specialities constantly
productive and an interesting workplace
Staff nurse (Current Employee) –  Leeds14 September 2012
-Typical day at work includes medication rounds (Oral and intravenous), washes, doctors rounds, and other MDT
-Preparation or escorting patients for procedures
-Contacting appropriate MDT regarding rehabilitation or further patient assessments or planned discharges.
-Co-ordinating care for patients/ ward management in the absence of the ward manager or the junior sister. Organising patient placement (admissions, or patients needing isolation via Bed managers).
-There are three staff nurses and 3 HCA's, a pair looking after 8 patients during the day and two nurses and 1 HCA at night.

-The hardest part of the job is when you have poorly patients or confused/ withdrawing on a night shift with less staff.
-The most enjoyable part of the job is to see a poorly patient recover and get discharged. Also when there is enough staff and support
Pros
learning opportunities, support and adequate staffing levels
Cons
no flexibility