Leeds City Council

Leeds City Council Employee Reviews

United Kingdom239 reviews
Hard but rewarding
This review only pertains to the Public Health function within the council, I can't give a review of the rest of the organisation.

Some great people and projects to work on. The city has a good, deserved reputation for excellence in the field of informatics.
Would never recommend
Gone from brilliant to work for to very bad to work for in the 10 years I've been here. Looking for alternative employment . Do not look after workforce who are not office based
Good
I love working for Leeds City Council. It has given me the best opportunities to progress and made sure I have had help every step of the way. It’s great!
productive
Although I really enjoy working at this school I feel I am ready for a new challenge and a fresh start in a new environment. I have got the skills to work in more challenging places and am confident a difference in other children's here but I am just ready for a change.
Productive and relaxed atmosphere
I loved working for Leeds City Council, there was always career progression and great people to work with. I would definitely recommend working for them.
Fun Experience
Was short lived due to personal circumstances, but I enjoyed my time. The managers were welcoming, and the customers fun. I would have enjoyed it if i could stay longer.
The most enjoyable part of the job
Great, very happy, all staff get along and make the work better. Very easy to get to work place and training was included and was very helpful, and enjoyable.
Pros
Easy access
Cons
Late start time
Enjoyed working for LCC, they are helpful within problems , always someone to talk too,
Lots of different training courses , for you to try better urself
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Leeds City Council?
Corrupt
I was promised a full time contract for a new cafe that was opening, left my previous part time job at very short notice to work for them and carry their service, was promised over and over that I would get a contract, but I was just kept on a zero casual hour form. I worked on average 40-60 hours for them, did absolutely everything for them, I had my hours gradually decreased down to part time because not enough hours to gp around and got criticised for asking for more hours, wasnt enough to live. I still had ridiculous work load because the manager had a secret meeting with the employer where she would get a fixed 36.5 hours and she would give more to her 16 year old daughter over me. I was fighting a losing battle and ended up leaving because of mental and emotional trauma caused by these people. I was left jobless with mental health issues after because of false promises, overworking and corruption. Staff and employer all stabbed me in the back for their own gains, felt used.
Great Team to be arround
Everyone was super friendly and enthusiastic to do their job and lifted your work ethic to be on their level. If you had any issues then they were quick to fix it with an open, interactive Facebook page or personal email system.
Typical day
Every day is different and you continue to learn every day which makes it interesting.Also I've worked for them for awhile n love my job.But always looking for a different challenge and to progress.
Leeds city council used to be well payed but now min wage as caught up with Leeds city council
I like working at the school as a children dinner supervisor, but the wage was ok when I first starting to work for Leeds city council but now the wage is the same as min wage
Tiring work
Fantastic job not enough staff for the amount of work manager and supervisor approachable and helpful Friendly office environment Pay does not match the job
Excellent
Was very good helped you progress colleagues were very nice and helpful if you needed assistance.
Learned a lot as was a new environment and subject to what have studied and worked in the past.
Pros
Good working environment and colleagues.
Cons
N/a
It was a placement
I worked at Leeds City council as part of my university course. We assisted in the planning department and gained inside knowledge of how the department worked and functioned.

Overall, it was a great experience.
Best thing i ever did was leave
Horrible people. No help from head office. Bickering all the time. Very lazy staff. Back stabbing. Bullying. It all goes on in every school. I know people who still work for lcc & all of them hate it & are looking for other jobs. Only plus side is it fits in if you have children. If you like leaving work in tears & stressed out then yes this is the job for you.
The best city in the UK
Over the years I have worked with Leeds City Council I have found a high level of hard work and dedication not often found in other organisations. There really is a very professional ethos at LCC and that is mixed with common sense and a touch of humour makes it very pleasant workplace.
Good place to work.
I enjoyed every minutes working for the council,they are very friendly, helpful and they treat you with respect,and they also go above and beyond to understand you needs, it was a great pleasure working for the council, only problem too many sickies work there, people are always going on sick when they are not really sick.
Great enviroment
Team work great enviroment good managment structure long term work prospect.
Training provided uniform holiday pay pension schem promotion prospects and extra training
Pros
Training
Cons
Not much overtime
Leeds City council
Working for Leeds city council gives you the chance to connect with people who you wouldn’t usually connect with but it also gives you a chance to meet new people, for example, the guests, the staff, the DJ. If you enjoy a fast paced and eventful job, then this is perfect as it keeps you on your feet.
Overall benefits good
Culture of not what you know but who you know. Quite a click where I worked not very welcoming to new staff. Manager was newly promoted and very much jobs worth trying to prove herself at the detriment of the staff