Leeds City Council Employee Reviews

Good pension.
Safer Leeds Officer (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire4 January 2018
Top heavy management. Un organised.
Good pension.
Opportunities to move within the council.
Pay structure uneven. Some jobs are paid equal when one job clearly requires more and deserves a higher pay.
Good
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire4 January 2018
Been a care provider for over 10 years, very rewarding though challenging at times, I've found the local care team to be very helpful. Extremely good work.
Class Teacher at Leeds City Council
Class Teacher (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire31 December 2017
Day to day duties - planning, marking and assessing. Building solid relationships with all stakeholders - children, parents, colleagues, senior leaders, governors and outside agencies.
Pros
Term time
fun workplace
CUSTOMER SERVICE OFFICER (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire28 December 2017
Monday to Friday on 37.5 contract. I have learned a lot on customer excellence but have also under gone a lot of training to be able to perform my job to a high standard.
Driver and additional duties (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire27 November 2017
I found the driving side challenging and enjoyed working with the ederly as my job entailed taking OAPS to lunch clubs and delivering meals on wheels and delivering a mail service
Pros
good pensiom
Cons
Didnt like HR
Nice place to work
Lunchtime Supervisor (Current Employee) –  LEEDS14 November 2017
Only leaving due to the school not the actual company overall the company is fantastic with great benefits. Such as school holidays still get paid which is a bonus
Nice staff to work with and good work area
Cleaner (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire1 November 2017
Great place to work and the other team members were great. My job was mostly just cleaning schools so it was an overall easy job. I would work here again but im looking for something new
Lovely school
Teaching Assistant / HLTA (Current Employee) –  Morley, West Yorkshire30 October 2017
The teaching staff are brilliant and very committed to their jobs. We all have a good relationship with each other, the children are very nice to teach.
Good place to work and good for development
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  City Centre6 October 2017
A great team of people to work with and I made many friends. It is a good place to develop yourself and others. I was involved in recruitment which I really enjoyed and I enjoyed developing y team members to move on to bigger and better things.
Pros
City Centre Location
Cons
Enjoyed working with interesting people and making a difference to child's lives.
Childcare consultant (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire4 October 2017
The work was varied, interesting, challenging and rewarding, everyday was different, I found all aspects of the work stimulating but overall making a difference was the most enjoyable part of the job.
Not the job I wanted
Cook in Charge (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire25 September 2017
I had been used to cooking large scale, and I was not happy with the methods and practices I was forced to accept in this position. Although I made many friends among residents and staff, I was glad to leave
Horrible organisation to work for.
Civil Enforcement Officer (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire12 September 2017
Leeds City Council claims to be anti-bullying but the organisation thrives on bullying, harassment, setting up to fail, falsifying official documentation, misconduct in a public office and much worse from junior managers right up to the senior managers.
Pros
Cons
as listed
Not satisfactory
Leisure Centre Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rothwell sports centre11 September 2017
I found it very hard to pursue my career, I was in demand for classes by various clients however they were not listened to. I found the manager I was under to be conniving and manipulative and loyalty was not rewarded.
However my duty managers were really good and they were supportive but on the whole not really a good experience which is why I left
Fun and challenging
Nursery Officer (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire11 September 2017
Working with young children provides daily challenges and experiences, team work is essential and a ability to understand and have the knowledge of children's development. Safeguarding is paramount within the role, ensuring children and families get the up most care and support.
Pros
Early finishes
Cons
Shifts
Fun work place secure work
Casual Worker (Former Employee) –  Lotherton hall10 September 2017
Working on a stately home for Leeds city council gave me great customer service skills and opportunities to try new things. Had great training and good pay.
Great environment to work
General Kitchen Assistant (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire3 September 2017
Working in kitchen is fantastic I get good support from my in kitchen supervisor and also from area managers. Good wage and always training programs to enrol onto
Pros
Term time only
good company to work for
Kitchen Assistant (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire29 August 2017
it is a great company to work for the people are friendly and easy to get along with. if there is an issue there is always someone you can confide in. they look after their staff.
excellent place to work
Driver (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire18 August 2017
Open and fair place to work. Lots of training is provided and you are encouraged to undergo training to improve your chances of work progression. Approachable management and great work/life balance.
diverse backgrounds of learner groups
Teacher (Current Employee) –  City of Leeds18 August 2017
Very innovative college.

Day involves lesson planing and engagement of various activities.

Many new and robust electronic systems to encourage teaching and learning
fun youth worker
Youth Worker (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire16 August 2017
work for a local authority's youth services team and volunteered with the youth offending team,
worked as 'detached youth worker', made contact with young people on the streets and in parks and shopping centres.
involved in sports, arts, education and drama activities
counselling, coaching and mentoring