Leeds City Council Employee Reviews

Would not work for LCC
Recreational assistant (Former Employee) –  Yorkshire27 August 2018
Pay is terrible, Getting paid less than cleaners and the staff have more responsibilities and work longer hours. never enough staff to cover shifts.

Always Underpaid.

Would not work for LCC again.
Pros
Great Pension
Cons
Bad Pay
A good place to work
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Leeds16 August 2018
The leisure department works hard to provide opportunities for the people of Leeds.
It has excellent swimming programs and great holiday programs for local communities.
Pros
Free use of the facilities you work in.
Cons
Lots of shift work, some late nights
Productive, enjoyable and friendly work place!
Caterer and Waitress (Current Employee) –  Leeds6 August 2018
I currently work with Civic Flavour and the team that currently work there are extremely outgoing and friendly. They are like a close knitted work family. The only reason I am perusing another job is because of the 0 Hour contract I am on, because I need more hours to support myself financially.
Pros
Friendly staff, flexible hours, amazing management
Cons
Being on a 0 Hour contract
A job well done
Senior Business Support Officer (Former Employee) –  Leeds1 August 2018
The day to day role of the job was varied, interaction with customers and families were a daily requirement. Due to the nature of the job two days were never the same and this made the role more interesting. I have over the years gained a lot of experience dealing with the general public and also management and other professional people. I have learnt a lot about customer service and dealing with sometimes difficult scenarios, listening to and solving queries relating to our service. Although you are expected to provide the best service you possibly can the support of the colleagues and management ensures that you have the tools to do the job, and ongoing training has always been encouraged. The hardest part of the job was keeping up to date with ever conflicting changes to policies and procedures. The best part of the job was knowing that every day you are making a difference for the people of Leeds, and also their families who at times have nobody else to turn to.
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
Not bad for a first job, not much chance for progression
Manual Labourer/Leeds signs department (Former Employee) –  Leeds12 July 2018
Nice, polite staff. Once you get into your routine, the job is easy enough. However, If you're an agency worker, they prevent you from doing overtime, and go against the equality statement. The management is good, however they don't have much control over some workers.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
The effort you put in is underestimated
good secure job, i just had no passion for my role
Electrical Heating & Ventilation Engineer (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire9 July 2018
good job with great benefits, it just felt after so long my career development stopped and the wasn't many options to improve so lost passion in what I'm doing
Good place for work experience
Library Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Moortown, West Yorkshire25 June 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed work experience here, and the people were friendly and I liked doing my year ten work experience here. I learned how to do lots of things, like use the library computer system.
Fun event to work
Counter Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire25 June 2018
I have worked the past two years at the general election and the local election. My role was counting up the votes, its an all night event and can get quiet intense as its very fast paced. Fun to work the counting event, nice to be involved of the action of the elections.
nice please to work
Cleaning Trainee Manager (Former Employee) –  Seacroft21 June 2018
helping customers dealing with people and the community call monatioring keeping an high level of cleaning making the standard was kept to high level make sure employees are happy
Welcoming, positive experience
Temporary Admin Staff (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire20 June 2018
Whilst only a temporary position, I was made to feel welcomed from day 1 and always could ask for help if needed, all tasks were clearly explained to me and proper training given when needed.

Want to know more about Leeds City Council?

Ask a question
Enjoyable
Customer Service Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  Compton30 April 2018
Very hard work due to nature of job. Enjoyed working with the people there. Learned a lot from colleagues. Hardest part was dealing with awkward people on phone.
Pros
Different work every day
Cons
long days due to travelling by public transport
excellent
ADMIN ASSISTANT / OFFICE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire9 April 2018
i worked for a small european funded project under the umbrella of LCC

the whole team had our objectives at the heart of everything we did and we acheived national acclaim. unfortunately the funded finished and the work was absorbed by the youth service
It has been years since I worked here
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire28 March 2018
It has been years since I worked here so I cant really review this fairly, but i had a part time job while at uni and sixth form, it was decent enough earning about £400 a month
Flexible working
HR (Former Employee) –  Civic Hall, Leeds27 March 2018
A workplace offering flexible working conditions. The culture of 'doing more for less' without clear management and leadership has led to many people leaving.
Pros
flexible working
Cons
poor leadership
Nursery Nurse Level 3 (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire19 March 2018
Good atmosphere friendly good work life balance . I have a good job, people are friendly work is accommodating to my needs and they take into account personal issues that may arise.
Good employer- empathetic
Personal Assistant for Social Activities (Former Employee) –  Leeds13 March 2018
I helped a blind lady get out and about in the community- walks in the park, shopping, pub quizzes etc. It was very enjoyable. Management were very helpful. Hardest part- too much fun (I had to try to remember that I was there as a guide to ensure my client's safety and wellbeing). Most enjoyable part- almost all of it!
Pros
Lots of fun
Cons
Unsociable/ unexpected hours
Taxi Driver
taxi driver (Current Employee) –  Leeds Station, West Yorkshire31 January 2018
Amazing clients . Very happy some times, very abusive sometimes and very sick in the car sometimes Nice !
Keep running off without paying money for the fare.
Pros
meeting nice people
Cons
fare dodgers and runners
good place to work
Gardener (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire30 January 2018
Care of the gardens.

Knowledge of plants and grass areas. Planting up designs, designing new areas and drawings to use as guides and evidence.

Hard and soft landscaping.
Unprofessional
Kitchen Assistant (Current Employee) –  Leeds30 January 2018
The kitchens are a disgrace the staff are to faced and very slow and lazy people are over looked you are not rewarded for hard work or effort and are constantly been messed about to many staff take time off sick because you are treat like rubbish just another number and nothing more
Pros
Term time only
Cons
Unprofessional dirty kitchens lots of bickering between area managers and staff
good
LEEDS (Current Employee) –  LEEDS26 January 2018
good really enjoyed working here. fully flexible working hours, pay rise every april. own pension scheme. council tax and rent can be taken off wages which is handy