Leeds City Council Employee Reviews

Great team
Case Officer (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire6 December 2018
LCC is a good company to work for, however in the position I am in there is no scope for progression.
My team and management are the best. We ensure the wellbeing of every individual
We all have a strong network of outside agencies and every member of the team brings something different to the table
Pros
Great team and good learning opportunities
Cons
No progression within the department
Great environment to work in
Shop Assistant/ visitor service (Former Employee) –  Leeds26 November 2018
Leeds City Museum is a great place to volunteer and gain work experience- friendly staff and a really positive environment, there's always something to do or look at.
Pros
interesting job, fair breaks
Not bad
CCTV Operator (Former Employee) –  CCCTV Officer18 November 2018
I worked in the CCTV control room for 8 years
Change of mangement ruined the control room
They brought in 2 women from a call centre who didn't have a clue about CCCTV
And then imalganated with the mobile security
Who were given jobs as Team leaders
Waist of time
Overall I enjoyed my job, but the new mange ment and team leaders are all no good
Pros
Good pension scheme
Cons
Rubbish management and team leaders and certain team member's
Its busy place .
LEEDS (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire10 November 2018
I worked for a as a polling clerk it was very busy for us to serve all voters.
There was five of us and it was long day and busy station all day until 9.30 pm .
Pros
Did get launch .
Cons
It was long day 16 hrs worked
productive
Behaviour Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Leeds29 October 2018
I was able to progress to manager, had great supervision and fantastic training opportunities. Supportive colleagues and hard working staff. Holidays increased after 5 years service.
Caring workplace
Presentation Technician (Former Employee) –  Artemis / Childrens service's in Holbeck Ls1126 September 2018
I enjoyed working for LCC
Good pension benefits
Work life balance
And a good chance of promotion. They offer good training opportunities
My managers were over all very fair
Pros
Work life balance ^pension
Cons
Low rates of pay
Always different
Recreational Assistant (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire12 September 2018
Can be quite stressful when understaffed but mostly enjoyable meeting and interacting with new people. Management are ok but can be misinformed about what occurs in the roles other than in the office. Generally helpful but quite an independent atmosphere.
Would not work for LCC
Recreational assistant (Former Employee) –  Yorkshire27 August 2018
Pay is terrible, Getting paid less than cleaners and the staff have more responsibilities and work longer hours. never enough staff to cover shifts.

Always Underpaid.

Would not work for LCC again.
Pros
Great Pension
Cons
Bad Pay
A good place to work
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Leeds16 August 2018
The leisure department works hard to provide opportunities for the people of Leeds.
It has excellent swimming programs and great holiday programs for local communities.
Pros
Free use of the facilities you work in.
Cons
Lots of shift work, some late nights
Productive, enjoyable and friendly work place!
Caterer and Waitress (Current Employee) –  Leeds6 August 2018
I currently work with Civic Flavour and the team that currently work there are extremely outgoing and friendly. They are like a close knitted work family. The only reason I am perusing another job is because of the 0 Hour contract I am on, because I need more hours to support myself financially.
Pros
Friendly staff, flexible hours, amazing management
Cons
Being on a 0 Hour contract
A job well done
Senior Business Support Officer (Former Employee) –  Leeds1 August 2018
The day to day role of the job was varied, interaction with customers and families were a daily requirement. Due to the nature of the job two days were never the same and this made the role more interesting. I have over the years gained a lot of experience dealing with the general public and also management and other professional people. I have learnt a lot about customer service and dealing with sometimes difficult scenarios, listening to and solving queries relating to our service. Although you are expected to provide the best service you possibly can the support of the colleagues and management ensures that you have the tools to do the job, and ongoing training has always been encouraged. The hardest part of the job was keeping up to date with ever conflicting changes to policies and procedures. The best part of the job was knowing that every day you are making a difference for the people of Leeds, and also their families who at times have nobody else to turn to.
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
Not bad for a first job, not much chance for progression
Manual Labourer/Leeds signs department (Former Employee) –  Leeds12 July 2018
Nice, polite staff. Once you get into your routine, the job is easy enough. However, If you're an agency worker, they prevent you from doing overtime, and go against the equality statement. The management is good, however they don't have much control over some workers.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
The effort you put in is underestimated
good secure job, i just had no passion for my role
Electrical Heating & Ventilation Engineer (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire9 July 2018
good job with great benefits, it just felt after so long my career development stopped and the wasn't many options to improve so lost passion in what I'm doing
Good place for work experience
Library Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Moortown, West Yorkshire25 June 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed work experience here, and the people were friendly and I liked doing my year ten work experience here. I learned how to do lots of things, like use the library computer system.
Fun event to work
Counter Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire25 June 2018
I have worked the past two years at the general election and the local election. My role was counting up the votes, its an all night event and can get quiet intense as its very fast paced. Fun to work the counting event, nice to be involved of the action of the elections.
nice please to work
Cleaning Trainee Manager (Former Employee) –  Seacroft21 June 2018
helping customers dealing with people and the community call monatioring keeping an high level of cleaning making the standard was kept to high level make sure employees are happy
Welcoming, positive experience
Temporary Admin Staff (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire20 June 2018
Whilst only a temporary position, I was made to feel welcomed from day 1 and always could ask for help if needed, all tasks were clearly explained to me and proper training given when needed.
Enjoyable
Customer Service Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  Compton30 April 2018
Very hard work due to nature of job. Enjoyed working with the people there. Learned a lot from colleagues. Hardest part was dealing with awkward people on phone.
Pros
Different work every day
Cons
long days due to travelling by public transport
excellent
ADMIN ASSISTANT / OFFICE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire9 April 2018
i worked for a small european funded project under the umbrella of LCC

the whole team had our objectives at the heart of everything we did and we acheived national acclaim. unfortunately the funded finished and the work was absorbed by the youth service
It has been years since I worked here
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire28 March 2018
It has been years since I worked here so I cant really review this fairly, but i had a part time job while at uni and sixth form, it was decent enough earning about £400 a month