Leeds City College Employee Reviews

Nice environment
HR Administrator work experience (Former Employee) –  Leeds2 July 2018
Was fun to work there had a lovely atmosphere to work in. Staff were all lovely and easy to get along with, made me feel very welcome and comfortable working there.
Pros
Good hours
Over worked, underpaid and run under a culture of fear
Business teacher (Former Employee) –  Leeds City College23 June 2018
A struggling department across the board
Management faking stats
Teaching staff over worked and under extreme pressures
Bullying in the workplace happened daily
Insufficient support from upper management
Culture of fear
Restructuring happens yearly
No job security
No room for progression
Plenty of discrimination
Under staffed
Pros
Buildings good relations with teaching staff
Cons
Management. Get rid of inexperienced, arrogant, rude members of managemnt and 95% of problems would disappear.
A struggling organisation
Curriculum Leader (Current Employee) –  Leeds11 June 2018
Teaching and learning
That education is a declining area
Regular restructures
Poor communication
Inadequate management
HR department ineffective
FE Struggling to adapt in a changing market
Dealing with students
Poor management and zero job recognition
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Leeds21 May 2018
Managers put profits before staff and students and regularly cut and restructure departments at the drop of a hat and oust out many members of staff to make funds for new buildings and furniture.
No opportunities for advancement; only middle and senior managers were promoted during my time at the College. Workload is immense. Our department was cut to the point where each member of staff was doing a workload of 2 or 3 people. Many staff are not IT trained and there is a clear discrimination to younger members of staff.
Used to be great
Lecturer (Former Employee) –  Leeds9 February 2018
When all the different colleges in Leeds supported local communities it was a rewarding job. Now as Leeds City College the quality and diversity of provision is poor.

Too much emphasis on paperwork to avoid getting another rubbish inspection.
Pros
Other stafr
Cons
Paperwork
good colleagues/ interesting work
Key Account Manager/ Employer Engagement Manager (Former Employee) –  Leeds3 January 2018
I learnt a lot about FE, the work done across curriculum areas and the types of student and employer engagement done by the organisation.
I enjoyed working with a variety of colleagues with different expertise and getting out to local organisations to discover how the college could support staff in gaining new skills and qualifications.
I felt that the work that I was involved with supported people in getting progression opportunities in their chosen careers and in gaining into new fields of work.
Pros
good holidays
good
Learning Support Assistant (LSA) (Former Employee) –  Leeds20 December 2017
it was very good and enjoyable. the people you work along with are friendly and helpful.it was lovely place to be and the job itself was fantcatsic. ,
Pros
environment
Cons
.long
A day at the college
Volunteer IT Technician (Former Employee) –  Leeds14 December 2017
This was where I helped staff and students out with there information technology problems such as computers not working or printers not working etc, also restocking classrooms with supplies when needed.

The workplace culture was interesting and all the staff got along and supported each other when and where possible.
On an upward trajectory
Head of Business Engagment (Current Employee) –  Keighley, West Yorkshire20 November 2017
A positive environment in an institution that is going places. Hard working and professional with some issue around work life balance. A good place to learn about management.
Rewarding
Business Studies Teacher (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire14 July 2017
Diverse set of students which makes the job rewarding and challenging.
A very large organisation, fantastic new facilities at the Printworks Campus which will be an exciting learning space for students and for teachers to deliver.
Money making organisation
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Park Lane12 July 2017
The salaries decreased, maternity pay from 26 weeks of pay (6 weeks full pay 20 weeks 50%) was reduced to 18 weeks only! If you plan the family this is not the place to work. Don't be full by some ridiculous staff discounts. You earn less. Those are your money.
The staff is not important, you're just a number for the organisation. You're just there to make sure that they make money. Your workload is horrendous and you won't be much appreciated for it. If you happy with those conditions, then this is the place to work.
Pros
Teaching and support staff are mostly welcoming
Cons
Maternity pay, stressful environment, long hours of work
not a secure place to work
Work Experience Placement (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire6 May 2017
i have worked at LCC for over 4 years now and it has always been a family friendly organisation. However every year i have worked there my job has been at risk. The last time this happened my whole team had to be interviewed for their own jobs and some of them didn't get their jobs back and left the college. some of these colleagues had worked at the college for 10 years plus.
agréable pour l'éducation
Apprentissage (Former Employee) –  leeds5 April 2017
bel building et environnement pour étudier tout personne sont amicaux gentiment souriant et ponctuell
Pros
personnes amicaux
Cons
quand il pleut
Educational
Student (Former Employee) –  Leeds3 April 2017
It is good because if we have aby problems there is many different people we can go to which can help us, the teachers a really good and i frel like i am learning alot.
Pros
Breaks
Productive and Fun
Co-ordinator and Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire1 February 2017
My days at work were very repetitive yet under pressured most of the time. I learnt how to prioritise work load, how to use programmes, how to file and scan. I had to manage outgoing calls as well as dealing with student, staff and visitor enquiries. I found my co workers very friendly, helpful and welcoming.

The hardest part of the job was thrown in the deep in end on Reception without any help not to mention faults using the photocopying machine. However, the most enjoyable part of the job was socialising with the other members of the team. As well as using my creative flare to put up a Christmas tree on Reception.
Pros
Flexible lunch hours
Cons
Long Hours
I learned a lot about office support and administration
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire12 January 2017
This was a part time job alongside finishing my Degree. My responsibilities included class admin, attendance and absence admin, minute taking and meeting on how to better the overall function of the college. I gained experience of working with members of the general public, spreadsheet and database work. Working hours were often extended and my job role varied as I was able to lend support to different departments due to the skills I gained
student
Student (Former Employee) –  Leeds10 November 2016
i was a student there studying not working there
i used to do diploma in health and social care i found the students really good helpfull and friendly we got along
Fast passed and fun
Student recruitment and admissions team member (Former Employee) –  Leeds29 September 2016
Great place to work, a relatively new and highly committed team providing a great experience for students and staff a-like
lovely teams I have worked in.
Learning Support Coordinator. (Former Employee) –  Leeds10 September 2016
the teams I have been working with here have made the job which is why I stayed but in my 8 years I was up for redundancy or assimilation 5 times which in the end got too much, my last role I was in 11 months to then be told it was going to be down graded and work load doubled.
Cons
constantly under restructure.
Positive place to work
esol tutor (Current Employee) –  Outreach worker-in the community26 August 2016
Good team work and communication as working at different centres in the community. Able to develop own skills and initiate a lot of the work. Good motivation as able to develop own pro-active skills.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Leeds City College. Our community is ready to answer.

Leeds City College Reviews by Location