Leeds City College Employee Reviews

good colleagues/ interesting work
Key Account Manager/ Employer Engagement Manager (Former Employee) –  Leeds3 January 2018
I learnt a lot about FE, the work done across curriculum areas and the types of student and employer engagement done by the organisation.
I enjoyed working with a variety of colleagues with different expertise and getting out to local organisations to discover how the college could support staff in gaining new skills and qualifications.
I felt that the work that I was involved with supported people in getting progression opportunities in their chosen careers and in gaining into new fields of work.
Pros
good holidays
good
Learning Support Assistant (LSA) (Former Employee) –  Leeds20 December 2017
it was very good and enjoyable. the people you work along with are friendly and helpful.it was lovely place to be and the job itself was fantcatsic. ,
Pros
environment
Cons
.long
A day at the college
Volunteer IT Technician (Former Employee) –  Leeds14 December 2017
This was where I helped staff and students out with there information technology problems such as computers not working or printers not working etc, also restocking classrooms with supplies when needed.

The workplace culture was interesting and all the staff got along and supported each other when and where possible.
On an upward trajectory
Head of Business Engagment (Current Employee) –  Keighley, West Yorkshire20 November 2017
A positive environment in an institution that is going places. Hard working and professional with some issue around work life balance. A good place to learn about management.
Rewarding
Business Studies Teacher (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire14 July 2017
Diverse set of students which makes the job rewarding and challenging.
A very large organisation, fantastic new facilities at the Printworks Campus which will be an exciting learning space for students and for teachers to deliver.
Money making organisation
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Park Lane12 July 2017
The salaries decreased, maternity pay from 26 weeks of pay (6 weeks full pay 20 weeks 50%) was reduced to 18 weeks only! If you plan the family this is not the place to work. Don't be full by some ridiculous staff discounts. You earn less. Those are your money.
The staff is not important, you're just a number for the organisation. You're just there to make sure that they make money. Your workload is horrendous and you won't be much appreciated for it. If you happy with those conditions, then this is the place to work.
Pros
Teaching and support staff are mostly welcoming
Cons
Maternity pay, stressful environment, long hours of work
not a secure place to work
Work Experience Placement (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire6 May 2017
i have worked at LCC for over 4 years now and it has always been a family friendly organisation. However every year i have worked there my job has been at risk. The last time this happened my whole team had to be interviewed for their own jobs and some of them didn't get their jobs back and left the college. some of these colleagues had worked at the college for 10 years plus.
agréable pour l'éducation
Apprentissage (Former Employee) –  leeds5 April 2017
bel building et environnement pour étudier tout personne sont amicaux gentiment souriant et ponctuell
Pros
personnes amicaux
Cons
quand il pleut
Educational
Student (Former Employee) –  Leeds3 April 2017
It is good because if we have aby problems there is many different people we can go to which can help us, the teachers a really good and i frel like i am learning alot.
Pros
Breaks
Productive and Fun
Co-ordinator and Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire1 February 2017
My days at work were very repetitive yet under pressured most of the time. I learnt how to prioritise work load, how to use programmes, how to file and scan. I had to manage outgoing calls as well as dealing with student, staff and visitor enquiries. I found my co workers very friendly, helpful and welcoming.

The hardest part of the job was thrown in the deep in end on Reception without any help not to mention faults using the photocopying machine. However, the most enjoyable part of the job was socialising with the other members of the team. As well as using my creative flare to put up a Christmas tree on Reception.
Pros
Flexible lunch hours
Cons
Long Hours
I learned a lot about office support and administration
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire12 January 2017
This was a part time job alongside finishing my Degree. My responsibilities included class admin, attendance and absence admin, minute taking and meeting on how to better the overall function of the college. I gained experience of working with members of the general public, spreadsheet and database work. Working hours were often extended and my job role varied as I was able to lend support to different departments due to the skills I gained
student
Student (Former Employee) –  Leeds10 November 2016
i was a student there studying not working there
i used to do diploma in health and social care i found the students really good helpfull and friendly we got along
Fast passed and fun
Student recruitment and admissions team member (Former Employee) –  Leeds29 September 2016
Great place to work, a relatively new and highly committed team providing a great experience for students and staff a-like
lovely teams I have worked in.
Learning Support Coordinator. (Former Employee) –  Leeds10 September 2016
the teams I have been working with here have made the job which is why I stayed but in my 8 years I was up for redundancy or assimilation 5 times which in the end got too much, my last role I was in 11 months to then be told it was going to be down graded and work load doubled.
Cons
constantly under restructure.
Positive place to work
esol tutor (Current Employee) –  Outreach worker-in the community26 August 2016
Good team work and communication as working at different centres in the community. Able to develop own skills and initiate a lot of the work. Good motivation as able to develop own pro-active skills.
enjoyable environment
Maths Teacher (Former Employee) –  various campuses. mainly Horsforth19 August 2016
Fantastic place to work. Management and Staff are very pleasant and helpful. Everything is always readily available and accessible.(computers stationary,library,classrooms etc .A typical day at work is planning my lessons with an appropriate lesson plan and resources,updating students details and track and monitor their progress on the college computer systems, Send homework through google classrooms to the students that have been absent or have contacted me to say they will be absent. Then my favourite part of the day is actually standing in front of a class and teaching the students and sharing my knowledge with them. I enjoy this part of the job with a passion because i care about my students and all most of the students need to know is that someone cares and will help them to meet their targets and their goals. The hardest part of the job is to find the most suitable resources to meet the students needs. I always try to relate my resources to the students hobbies. I have learnt that by doing this i retain more students and keep them interested and focused. .
Pros
doing what i enjoy
Cons
no breaks at times
Not a bad place to work if they stop having restructures
Teaching and learning (Former Employee) –  Leeds3 July 2016
Worked here for over a decade. Brilliant staff and great students. The massive fail of LCC is the constant threat of restructuring and redundancy.
They could do with a decent principle and get rid of the one they have now
The amount of managers is disgusting
Former IT technician (Former Employee) –  Leeds25 June 2016
Horrible place to work for and full of discrimination. There are so many managers that don't deserve their salaries especially in the ITSS department but must say they are really good at cheating the stats.
Pros
Not any more
Cons
Productive, fun place to work. Friendly colleagues.
Student Records Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leeds20 May 2016
A typical day at work at Leeds City College was dealing with the daily data inputting of the student's enrolment forms, photocopying and scanning forms. Filing and dealing with email correspondence from various sites.
I have learned that a friendly office environment is key to making my team work well together and it has also helped with developing my interpersonal skills and also to develop myself and my skills in business administration.
I enjoy meeting new people form different cultures and background. Having come form an ethnic minority myself I fully appreciate treating everyone with respect in a professional manner.
The hardest part of my previous job was dealing with face to face enrolments as it was busy and sometime stressful. But having said that I still enjoyed my work and also meeting and greeting the students.
The most enjoyable part of my job was the reward of feeling appreciated whilst helping the students with their course needs. Such as printing out general letters for proof of study or printing out security badges when they came to enrol on to a course.
Pros
Free Course per year
Great Place to work
Assessor - Lecturer - IQA - Body & Paint (Current Employee) –  Leeds18 May 2016
Well planned days with very good staff training, Parking is an issue.
Facilities are fantastic, Great staff who all work as a team.
On-going improvements.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Leeds City College. Our community is ready to answer.

Leeds City College Reviews by Location