Leeds Building Society Employee Reviews

productive family orientated
Catering Manager (Former Employee) –  Leeds1 October 2019
Fast paced, structured day. In house training programme. Fair Company Policies. Very good place to work. Always busy. People friendly and team orientated. Charity focussed.
Female manager was a nightmare!
CUSTOMER SERVICE ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  Wetherby, West Yorkshire29 September 2019
Ended in me walking out of my position after being told to take on a discrepancy that was not mine but was my manager's.
Wetherby branch former CSA
I was happy until new manager came from Head office.
Average
Customer Service Advisor Society (Former Employee) –  Crossgates21 August 2019
Some staff are part of the furniture so it's there way or the highway, if you can get past the click you may be ok! Each branch is different. Be prepared to be sales based!
Quality Assurance Officer (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire27 February 2019
Was happy here but some bad managers and pay is too low, good place to start to get experience of financial industry, would recommend a job at Leeds building society.
Pros
Overall good place to work
Cons
Pay too low
Terrible culture
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire24 October 2018
The people are great and work really hard and also support each other.
The culture was awful. If you dare to disagree or suggest things are done differently then you are blanked.
I put a number of new ideas forward and they weren't even acknowledged never mind discussed with me.
You have to be a nodding dog to be able to put up with the culture.
Pros
Colleagues and company benefits
Cons
Culture is stifling and destorys you.
Strong core values, could benefit from additional guidance to new starters
Complaints Monitoring Administrator (Former Employee) –  Leeds12 May 2018
A typical day in the role involved using the Society's systems to identify and log complaints for monitoring purposes, liaising with management in other departments for a successful resolution in each case and issuing correspondence. The team was small and as a result, mutually supportive. While the role was stressful additional guidance and training to new employees could counteract this.
Pros
Supportive team
Cons
Heavy workload
Accounts Advisor
Accounts Advisor (Former Employee) –  Blyth2 April 2018
I think in general a good company, sadly the branch I worked in had poor training, with different management offering various codes of practice and procedures. Later found that not all processes taught were correct. I think would be a very good company to work for and I was just unlucky with my immediate management. The branch has subsequently closed.
Pros
Cheaper Insurance. In head office & other areas fantastic staff and company
Cons
sadly had mixed training at my own branch, some subsequently proven to be incorrect.
Fun but frustrating
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Leeds City Centre11 March 2018
The culture is good. Stress levels vary from team to team. The work people and positive culture is great. Benefits are standard within the industry. Flexible hours are a good benefit in particular. As with any job, management is a key factor and this is somewhat of a problem in certain departments at LBS. There is certain favouritism when jobs are advertised with key managers in place for a long time, meaning some issues are in need of attention but continuously swept under the carpet. There are also certain managers whose work ethic and commitment are questionable. They wouldn't get away with it at bigger financial institutions. There is a big push to get more women up the ladder. I am fine with equality but promotion should be based on ability, not gender, race etc The systems are somewhat dated in comparison with similar financial institutions. Friendly place to work, but also frustrating at times..
Pros
Location, benefits, job security, hours
Cons
Management, very slow and limited progression
Brilliant place to work
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire22 February 2018
It is a fantastic place to work. There are great benefits such as volunteering days, reasonable pay and good holiday entitlement.
There are opportunities throughout the Society and management are supportive.
Pros
flexible working
Forward thinking & good place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire24 January 2018
Good place to work with forward thinking colleagues and managers. Plenty of colleagues who have worked for the Society for long periods of time shows that this is a good place to work.
Pros
Colleagues, nice plce to work.
Cons
Reactive changes to structure in an ever changing environment, which is to be expected in the current market place.
Mortgage Processor (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire2 January 2018
Great place to work very accommodating especially working round young families, management all approachable office atmosphere all very friendly and good day to day running
Pros
Great company to work for
Cons
Good place to work but has an ‘if the face fits cluture’
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Tyne and Wear17 November 2017
Good company to work for, can be very caring and accommodating however progression is difficult and in the branch network the area managers have a tendency to reward failure and promote their ‘favourites’ with nothing to do with previous success/failures etc.
Pros
Happy environment, good colleagues
Cons
Area management is terrible
Relentless Bullying and Victimisation
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Hertfordshire30 September 2017
Since working for the Leeds I was severely bullied but middle aged women and told I was dirty and made a mockery of daily. I wasn't allowed to go to the toilet and constantly bullied by people making up I spent my time on google which I didn't. One member of staff didn't like me at all so would make up things to the manager and eventually nearly had me sacked for no fault of my own. It will always be your fault they like to blame people for their own mistakes and there is a lack of system training.
Pros
Cons
Horrible
Fun workplace
Procurement Co-ordinator (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire27 September 2017
Great place to work, great managers and culture. Heavily support internal investment and helping colleagues onto career paths. Senior management are very visible and approachable.
Good Place to work
Manager (Current Employee) –  Leeds25 September 2017
Great Culture, nice place to work friendly staff and good progression, a typical day would be looking at e-mails and discussions taking place with my team around achievements
Not for me
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Wales4 September 2017
Job wasn't really for me. Got bored with doing same thing day after day with no appreciation. This job was ok at the start but then went downhill. No managerial skills either within the branch.
Friendly company
Mortgage Advisor (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire24 July 2017
The staff were great but you are working in a call centre. Hardest part of the was trying to get answers for customers as it is a complex job and training would never be able to cover all aspects. Sometimes managers are too busy to help. Good workplace culture just not enough staff to cope when lines were busy. However the staff are friendly and as helpful as they have time to be.
Pros
Call centre staff were excellent.
Cons
Unable to obtain answers quickly for customers was frustrating.
Good Company
Asset and Liability Analyst (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire4 July 2017
Good company to work for. Good staff, enjoyed working with colleagues. disliked the way in which good members of staff were over looked for promotion in favour of less able but over qualified new recruits. Left to retrain in another industry.
Productive and fun workplace
Senior Credit Controller (Current Employee) –  Leeds2 June 2017
I work as a senior credit controller and enjoyed the time at Leeds Building Society. I am part of a team and culture in our team does help each other. We motivate each other and team members are very helpful.
Good Company
Mortgage Processor (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire4 May 2017
Very friendly workplace environment/ relaxed atmosphere. They have a development program to help you progress within the society. Senior management always visible. Flexible working hours. Downside is pay is poor.
Pros
Flexible working
Cons
Pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Leeds Building Society. Our community is ready to answer.

Leeds Building Society Reviews by Location