Leeds Beckett University Employee Reviews

Excellent support from colleagues and superiors
Part time lecturer (Former Employee) –  Headingley, West Yorkshire27 November 2018
Leeds Beckett were at great pains to ensure that I had all of the teaching materials I needed and were very good at trusting my judgment in line with my levels of experience working in education.
Pros
Very pro active departments, good support throughout.
Cons
Poor level of students for higher education.
Excellent work place great benefits
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Headingley, West Yorkshire16 August 2018
Great place to work with great llke minded people.
Excellent for personal development and fantastic benefits for all staff.
Excellent salary and great holidays.
University’s are the best kept secrets in terms of employment.
Pros
Excellent salary and great holidays
Cons
None but you will work hard
Brilliant University with lots to learn
Sports Therapist (Former Employee) –  Leeds12 August 2018
Every day was different as their would be a variety of injuries coming through the door. Was very interesting and kept you on your toes. I was able to develop my knowledge for different pathologies and learnt new techniques for rehabilitation
Pros
Learning new things
Im still an undergraduate
Undergraduate Student (Current Employee) –  Headingley, West Yorkshire21 July 2018
can't comment, haven't passed yet but so far so good.

typical day is turning up to lectures, seminars and going home to revise or research a topic. Its a typical university.
Productive and fascinating work place
IT Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire3 June 2018
I come in to work, I meet everyone and I sit at my desk on my computer and wait until one of the technicians call me to go on a job with them. I have lunch at around 12, and then I wait until one of the technicians call me to go on a job with them.

In my week of work experience, I have learned to do tasks such as installed SSD drives, changed display on a surface pro dock and trouble shooting a polygon phone issue. All of these, I did it with IT technicians and they showed me how to do these.

The hardest part was to listen to what the technicians are saying because sometimes, it's a lot to take in and I can forget very quickly what they say. But they help me to remember.

The best bit was installing SSD drives as there is a hardware side and software side to installing SSD drives and not just one side of it.

I was supervised by a senior technician that helped me throughout the week.
Pros
I get plenty of help, i gain new skills such as enthusiasm and the technicans are friendly.
Cons
Long hours and some information can be hard to take in from the technicians
Good University
Student (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire24 May 2018
A typical day at university will include lectures and practical sessions in order to teach research and relevant skills essential for employment in your chosen field.
Great workplace
Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Leeds4 May 2018
Great working environment, thoroughly enjoyed every shift I carried out as I got to work with helpful staff and other like minded students. I also developed new skills
Fun workplace
STUDENT AMBASSADOR (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire29 March 2018
The most enjoyable part about this job would be the interactions with the many different people in a day, whether it be on registration or showing people around the university
Cons
Not enough hours
Leave this place alone
Facilities Officer Leeds Beckett (Former Employee) –  Kirkstall Brewery9 February 2018
In the 6 week I had been employed in Leeds, the position was reasonable, the pay erratic, the arrogance and indifference towards the staff paramount. The ignorance towards students welfare attrocious
And they are your customers.
It took 3 weeks to get the uniform supplied, even then wrong fit. In the time their of a team of 5, 6 staff were replaced. Adverts for new staff every 2 weeks, if a subservient newbie can replace a current employee then you could be the next out.
Very poor staff facilities, if you get time for a break that is. Good bit of the position, going home after your shift. Oh yes 11 hours pay for 12 hours at work.
Pros
End of the shift
Cons
Management Hours and staff supervision and support
Limited progression opportunities
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire15 January 2018
Constant cycles of change every few years due to restructuring.

Lots of micro-management.

Limited recognition of effort and success.

Near impossible to progress over the years.
Pros
Good holidays
Cons
Poor management, no job progression
feel like a subhuman...
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  CARES11 January 2018
If you are a simple and easy-to-manipulate man, it is the perfect place for you. If the people who direct you here lie, do not keep their promises and commit worse things, be sure that HR will always turn it well under the carpet and ultimately will make you guilty. At this point people with disabilities are thrown out of work after many years of work. Management of CARES is a few people with a disgusting personality.
Pros
holidays, training, pay on time
Cons
as in review and much more
Great Place to work
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire7 October 2017
Very Enjoyable Experience
Very rewarding
Good benefits and salary
Great team to work with and easy to get on with
Management very easy to work with and very approachable
Leeds Beckett University
Customer Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire30 August 2017
If you see a job you want, just apply for it. The University offers numerous benefits, and the people you work with are all so talented and considerate.
Eğlenceli üniversite ortamı
Stajyer (Former Employee) –  West Yorkshire21 August 2017
Farklı bir ülkede olmanın heyecanıyla biraz tedirgin gittiğim bu üniversitede çok sıcak karşılandım. Kaldıığım 3 ay boyunca farklı ülkelerden bir çok arkadaş edindim.
Pros
Çok kültürlü ortam
Cons
Damak zevki farklılıkları
Great Place to Work and Study
Student Marketing Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire20 August 2017
The typical day involved arriving on time to collect the name badge and sign in. I was responsible for for leading the campus tours during Open Days and answering questions about the course and university life to prospective students and their parents. I have enjoyed the relaxed and positive workplace culture and the hardest part of the used to be leaving the place.
Pros
Free Water Bottles
Cons
N/a
Jobshop
Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire11 August 2017
Varied work, and excellent pay. Everyone is friendly and happy to be working. Advice is very easy to get from Jobshop as they offer help with careers.
Pros
Excellent pay considering you dont have to do much
Cons
Not enough opportunities to work (not their fault)
Operation's Manager & Team Leader (Former Employee) –  City Centre30 June 2017
Loved every minute with this company, only left because of domestic problems.

Good pension, great hours, fabulous team, good learning culture, interaction with students, courses to help you.
Pros
Good pension, long term benefits, hours
Cons
Parking a problem in Leeds City Centre
Pro bono work as a campaign manager
Campaign Manager SU Pres. Candidate (Former Employee) –  Leeds15 June 2017
I was the campaign manager for a student running for SU president. Although they did not win, they garnered a lot of votes.

I ran the social media and took an active role in talking to fellow students about their manifesto points.

I helped create their manifesto with them.
Productive and fun workplace
Student Experienc Champion (Current Employee) –  Kirkstall28 May 2017
Being able to run events and help out with problems aswell as taking guided tours for future students, gave skills that can be taken into future job roles
Pros
Flexible hours
Great benefits in a very bureaucratic environment
Support Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire4 May 2017
Leeds Beckett is a great place to work if you are looking for competitive pay and great benefits however the culture is so bureaucratic and restricted with a very strong hierarchy between academic and support staff.