Leaders Romans Group

Leaders Romans Group Employee Reviews

United Kingdom72 reviews
Productive and collaborative
The company is a rapidly growing and competitive company. Brilliant strategies. Great people. Knowledgable staff. Tight deadlines. Dynamic company and environment. Everyday posed an opportunity to learn.
Great Company
Great company to work for, very good support from senior management. Reward good work and loads of training offered for new starters to the business..
Innovative company, but too corporate
Started with Leaders as they had a good reputation and wanted to escape the corporate mentality - unfortunately it seems i was employed because i cam from that background - i found many ex colleagues were being recruited to suit this company direction.
No longer a viable option for me... but good company if thats your thing.
Pros
Decent colleagues, happy to help.
Cons
Too corporate - will soon get the rep the others corporate's do
Blame culture and negative working environment
Staff are unmotivated, unfulfilled and frightened about redundancy. Ever changing commission structure that made working within a challenging climate unrewarding. Some good key members of staff although managers are typically part of ‘the clique’. If your face fits you’ll usually be protected.
Great training and encouragement
Great training and encouragement. The Company has also grown and provides lots of opportunities for new starters and those wishing to grow their career in property.
Strong corporate environment
Leaders is a large group of Estate Agents and therefore there is one way of doing things and that is the "Leaders" way and cannot be deviated from. The work is hard and not terribly rewarding.
Leaders
Leaders is one of the most respected and successful Lettings and Estate Agents in Cheltenham. A friendly team in an open plan office located in the town centre.
Fun workplace
Good team to work for. They are fun and energetic. I definitely recommend for anybody starting fresh in the property sector to choose leaders as they will not only take you on board but they will help you all the way through.
Pros
Fun energetic team
Cons
Incentives could be better
Productive and fun place to work
This was quite a difficult job. The hardest part was credit control of rent payments.

The employees of the company were fun and sociable. They enjoyed my company as I did theirs.

There wasn't a fun part was processing payments from the bank
Terrible
This company offer no praise no room to grow,
no motivation

mangers only work half days and if you ask for any time off its a terrible excuse as to why not
Review
I enjoyed my time here at Leeders, it was a volunteer positions that I completed alongside my college Animal Care course. I used to just serve customers, keep the shop clean and stocked.
Unprofessional company
I would say that working for Leaders was not a good experience, which shows as I only worked there for 5 months.

My typical day was delaing with maintenance matters, paying invoices, analysis of inspection reports.

Most of the staff were great, but senior property manager was difficult to work for.
Pros
Close to home and easy commute
Cons
Work satisfaction not evident
Excellent company to work for
Romans Estate Agents are market leaders in 99% of the areas they operate in, the reason for this is they treat their staff well, train them well and reward them for the hard work.
Property Manager
Large company, poor pay, good friends and support from management but lack of career progression. Not many perks for working for such a large company.
Pros
Good Friends
Cons
Poor Pay
Investors in People
Our typical day was to ensure excellent customer service introducing prospective tenants to our available properties. And dealing with any enquires that our current tenants or landlords may have.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the team we work with.
Rewarding for hard workers
Progressed quickly up the ranks and given lots of responsibility.

Rewarding for hard workers. High expectations of staff.

Good management team.
Pros
Career progression
Cons
Great training, Could not fault them.
Working in London, the busiest property market in the world. Where I enjoyed exceeding targets and achieving budgets in a very fast paced, high-pressure environment. My main roles were to communicate and negotiate between Landlords, tenants, Buyers and Vendors by using our electronic database and communication systems. Some other daily jobs included: touting for business using relevant market data, marketing properties online, answering phones, responding to emails, negotiating price and tenancy length.
Pros
Great workplace, productive and good pay
Cons
weekends
Local store serving local people.
I worked in my local premier store where I dealt with customers on a daily basis and serve them with their daily groceries e.g. bread, milk, newspapers, etc. In this role I also used an epos till system and a lottery machine to assist my customers. I also date checked products on a daily basis as well as refill the shelves with stock. This role allowed me to deal with a variety of different people, which I enjoyed.
During my everyday responsibilities I had to time keep the opening and closing hours of the store to ensure a fully profitable working day, cash up the tills at the end of every shift working out all profits made, sometimes this would be difficult if there was discrepancies.
Pros
Learning how to use a different tilling system.
Cons
Long anti-social hours, management could have been better handled, no scope for promotion.
Challanging and professionally rewarding.
Different area of skills required but enjoying the learning process. Supportive line manager but bombastic in approach. Geographically a challenge due to the rapid expansion.

Corporate aims not completely in tune with commercial property issues.
Pros
Good enviroment for self expression
Cons
Work load and renumeration
Unprofessional leadership
People management of senior management poor and unstructured. No review and performance management structure, no balanced and constructive feedback, no opportunities to speak 121 with line management.

No salary structure in place - based on "what they can get away with" so people doing same job on variety of salaries - men mostly being paid more than women in same roles
Pros
Good service delivery
Cons
Unpaid overtime
Property Management - ARLA qualification gained.
I thoroughly enjoyed gaining knowledge of all aspects of property management and lettings.

The responsibilities were to the landlord and tenant and to ensure that the Landord and Tenancy Act was upheld in all senarios.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Leaders Romans Group. Our community is ready to answer.