Leaders Romans Group

Leaders Romans Group Employee Reviews

United Kingdom72 reviews
Productive and collaborative
The company is a rapidly growing and competitive company. Brilliant strategies. Great people. Knowledgable staff. Tight deadlines. Dynamic company and environment. Everyday posed an opportunity to learn.
Hard work pays off
You need to put the works in yo reep the rewards but worth it. I enjoy my job and feel suported by the higher management with in the company. Commission base is good.
Pros
Good team
Cons
None stop
Generally okay place to work
management not great, not a whole lot of progression, fun offices, busy, lot of pressure.

the management have absolutely no regard for you or your career, they will say there's great progression opportunities but there really isn't. office is lively and relaxed, a lot of pressure, especially in back office, with end of month bringing tremendous stress, every month as management don't think ahead and are only focused on numbers, even if that includes compromising staff mental health
Good company to work for
Leaders are a good company to work for and they do offer good incentives and benefits for their employees, however the work/life balance expected of you is too great
Awful
With a shocking salary for the hours and effort you put in, I was an administrator and the management was awful. The reason why I left. No respect, treat you like children, speak to you like rubbish. The worse company I have worked for and that's down to the management
Pros
Cons
Managment, hours, car parking
A good company to work for if you have killer instinct and no morals.
Good company to work for with loads of benefits. The company will invest in training you and send you often to their head office for courses. Most are irrelevant but some are good and can make an impact to your working life. Just have to put in long hours and have a killer instinct with no morals to succeed. Cut throat industry so don't expect to make friends at work.
Pros
Company car, staff
Cons
Long hours, salary, work life balance
Good team
Is a good employer but no room for promotion or progression. Very supportive in all areas. Office colleagues are a good team and we all get on and socialise outside of work
Pros
Company car
avoid this company
Long time worker. You are taken for granted, not rewarded, there is just a company line they constantly push about how they care, they don't . Its one big boys club, They do not care about staff!!
Pros
Car
Cons
far to many
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Leaders Romans Group?
Awful
You are simply a number and not a valued member of staff and you are paid the bare minimum. A complete lack of organisation and management were awful with morale in the office completely non-existent.

I was given several false promises to progress my career and achieve qualifications.
Pros
Cons
No support, False Promises, lack of management.
Happy and Helpful environment to work
lovely company to work with, efficient and professional with a good deal of training given to any new person wishing to enter into the property world.
Pros
local
Cons
Fun, varied and busy job
I spent 12 years working for Romans and progressed from a lettings administrator to running their lettings team. The job was very busy, varied and demanding. I left Romans due to having children and not being able to dedicate the hours required to the job.
Amazing place to work
Absolutely loved working here and would have stayed if it wasn't for other commitments which required me to stay closer to home. The best group of people to work with and the best manager.
Pros
Great working environment and people
Cons
Training is a high standard and a great place to work
A typical day at work is a 8am start getting ready for the day and reviewing the previous days events,

discussing the plans and targets for the day and how to achieve success

reviewing applicants to ensure all opportunities are covered.

over the time working i have learnt basic knowledge of an ever changing industry.

continued to develop my social skills

better problem solving knowledge and opportunity spotting

hardest part of the job is the hours and the commute and hitting targets that increase each time you hit them.

easiest part of the job is the social aspect and the speed of the job days go past very quickly if you put the work in and there is opportunities to progress if you have the right attitude,

the biggest plus is positive reviews from clients, management and the personal reward when you hit or beat your targets.
Pros
fast paced, recognition, friendly, good training
Cons
lots of hours and very target driven, low pay
Fantastic place to work
I absoloutley love working for Leaders! My role is challenging but the team I work for is more like a family and the management are so supportive! Working here is a pleasure! Best job ever!!!
Pros
Office environment
Cons
Not a great deal of training
I don’t feel the higher management are supportive and dont really care. They care more about getting business than the staff they already have which is a shame because they have great staff who work hard.
Pros
Good staff
Cons
Low salary’s
Challenging But Fun
Enjoyed working for Leaders in my particular branch and received many opportunities. I can only speak for my branch but I enjoyed working there. My managers gave me many opportunities to learn and grow which was much appreciated. Unfortunately one left for a better paying job
Corporate company with old working methods
Very much trying to be a company strongly based in sales as well as their well established lettings business.
Old working practices of the corporate agent with limited training and development hence a revolving door of staff.

No real fresh thinking of how to get a great penetration into the sales side with stale canvassing systems.

Management who still use jargon pulled from The Wolf of Wall Street!
Pros
Sound financial backing
Cons
No new thinking, poor development
Had a great time doing work experience
My days at Romans were varied and I learnt a lot of new skills. People skills are very important as is customer service. My typical day was shadowing staff on valuations and viewings. I really enjoyed this. I also helped on general office work and leaflet dropping
Pros
Enjoyable and no 2 days the same
Cons
Long day - 8:15 to 6:30
Fun and target driven work place
I learnt a lot of basic regarding the property market and how estate agents work. The shift patterns were good and commission was un caped. I found dealing with multi vendors the harder part of the job.
Do not work for romans
The managers will happily blame you for bad times in the office and say you are not selling when in fact they are just not getting properties on the market.
They will make you call 100 people a day even if you are calling the same people every day with only aggravates them, just so you make 100 calls.

They will make you work stupidly long hours and will volunteer you for extra days which you cannot refuse. I had to work 6 days a week 2 weeks a month and 1 Sunday one week a month, meaning I had 13-day stints once a month under minimum wage.

I was working 220 hours a month or more and with no properties being sold I worked for roughly 4 pounds an hour.
Pros
Good Training
Cons
Hours, Managers, Ethos
Big changes affecting staff
Leaders is undergoing drastic change. They have a business plan which involves (amongst other things) driving down salary.

Taking admin staff out of branches has also taken away a lot of local knowledge - plus in short staffed offices (with the removal of admin staff), means you spend more time dealing with Leaders cumbersome procedures & archaic computer system and less time earning commission.

This company does not value its people - they make reduncies of traditional key positions and are trying hard to squeeze basic salaries and earning potential.

In short, you can earn more money elsewhere, for less hassle.
Pros
Company car
Cons
Low salary and cumbersome procedures.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Leaders Romans Group. Our community is ready to answer.