Leaders Romans Group

Leaders Romans Group Pay & benefits reviews

United Kingdom77 reviews
I used to work here, left due to low salary.
Friendly teams to work with, would work for again if they paid more.

If money isn't important to you, I recommend.

More recognition for when you do well at job.
Pros
Friendly, solid company
Cons
Low salary, high turnover of staff
Leaders used to be a fairly decent place when I first started, but then it all went pear shaped when they merged with Romans.

The salaries were so inconsistent - there were junior members of staff being paid higher salaries and commission than people who had been with the company for years. However, you were always made to feel like you were pushing your luck if you questioned this. Never heard anything from Area Management unless they were unhappy about something. There was just very little support and respect, for a fairly depressing salary, which was ultimately why I left. This may just have been my region though a lot of the issues stemmed from higher management so I doubt it.
Pros
Relaxed breaks & lunches
Cons
Low salary, high stress, very little support
Would not recommend them to work for. Too much work and not the hours to do it in. Most work a 12 hours a day instead of the 8 hours contracted and still can't keep on top of the work load.
Long working hours, often go without breaks. Staff are not valued accordingly and salaries and very rarely reviewed. Low chance of advancement in a role.
You need to put the works in yo reep the rewards but worth it. I enjoy my job and feel suported by the higher management with in the company. Commission base is good.
Pros
Good team
Cons
None stop
Leaders are a good company to work for and they do offer good incentives and benefits for their employees, however the work/life balance expected of you is too great
With a shocking salary for the hours and effort you put in, I was an administrator and the management was awful. The reason why I left. No respect, treat you like children, speak to you like rubbish. The worse company I have worked for and that's down to the management
Pros
Cons
Managment, hours, car parking
Good company to work for with loads of benefits. The company will invest in training you and send you often to their head office for courses. Most are irrelevant but some are good and can make an impact to your working life. Just have to put in long hours and have a killer instinct with no morals to succeed. Cut throat industry so don't expect to make friends at work.
Pros
Company car, staff
Cons
Long hours, salary, work life balance
I don’t feel the higher management are supportive and dont really care. They care more about getting business than the staff they already have which is a shame because they have great staff who work hard.
Pros
Good staff
Cons
Low salary’s
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Leaders Romans Group?
Leaders is undergoing drastic change. They have a business plan which involves (amongst other things) driving down salary.

Taking admin staff out of branches has also taken away a lot of local knowledge - plus in short staffed offices (with the removal of admin staff), means you spend more time dealing with Leaders cumbersome procedures & archaic computer system and less time earning commission.

This company does not value its people - they make reduncies of traditional key positions and are trying hard to squeeze basic salaries and earning potential.

In short, you can earn more money elsewhere, for less hassle.
Pros
Company car
Cons
Low salary and cumbersome procedures.
This company offer no praise no room to grow,
no motivation

mangers only work half days and if you ask for any time off its a terrible excuse as to why not
People management of senior management poor and unstructured. No review and performance management structure, no balanced and constructive feedback, no opportunities to speak 121 with line management.

No salary structure in place - based on "what they can get away with" so people doing same job on variety of salaries - men mostly being paid more than women in same roles
Pros
Good service delivery
Cons
Unpaid overtime
Learnt lots very quickly
Bad pay

not much holiday

fun working environment

given lots of responsibility

very stressful

long working hours
My colleagues are really good and i enjoy working with them, it would make the day go faster, they would always help you out and explain things if you didnt understand them. The manager would always take time out to help you. The hardest part of my job would be the long hours and the customers not appreciating the hard work you put in to help them out.
Pros
time out when you needed it
Cons
long hours, no pay for fuel