Le Pont de la Tour Employee Reviews

Boring place and really unprofessional managers
HeadBartender (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London28 January 2019
You start with million of promises from management but then at the end;
Not enough hours to live and pay rent/transport/life
25 hours a week in 5 working days
NO LEARNING at all
Horrible pay
No contract following
Management unprofessional
Horrible work place, I won’t recommend to anyone, they also promise free food on duty but you should see the food.
Someone should go and check the status of this place because is really poor as the person in management.
I’d classificate this place as UNPREDICTABLE UNPROFESSIONAL AND NOT RESPECTFUL .
There isn’t chance for you to grow in the place because if you ask for company courses the answer is “we have no enough budget “ as for everything; glasses, cutlery, hours, or anything you need to work.
A place where managers put TIPS in their pockets.
Cons
Belle entreprise mais beaucoup de pression
CDD (Former Employee) –  Greater London10 December 2018
Belle ambiance entre des employés venant de toute leurope, salaire correct mais pas de vie sociale
Pros
Repas gratuit, ambiance
Cons
Horaires compliquées
Ambiente espetacular
Empregado Mesa (Former Employee) –  Londres1 May 2017
Restaurante de luxo, na zona mais cara de Londres, aprendi tudo na hotelaria parte de restauração.
average management
Head Waiter (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London12 April 2017
great restaurant but poor management, too much turn over. I worked only 6months but I learnt a lot from myself and the capacity to hold the pressure and high capacity restaurant
Pros
trainings
Just a good location
Head Waiter (Former Employee) –  London12 December 2016
I've been for the first time employed as Head Waiter in England, in a french venue, by the Wonderful Tower Bridge of London.

Very busy place, but not properly organised because the short of the staff and because the poor management.
Pros
The food was Orrible
Cons
and the atmosphere was like a nightmare
le pont work time
Commis pâtissier (Former Employee) –  London, ENG11 August 2015
great time and chefs to work with .
i always enjoy the most when it is busy but the team we done a great job together.
First real sommelier role
SOMMELIER (Former Employee) –  London, ENG10 April 2015
I started by cleaning the sommelier station, checking glasses, organising for the service, organising the cellar and parties.
I was serving customer in a section of tables. All sommelier tasks.

I learned about the english wine culture. I learned more about wine, and working in a fine dining environment being a sommelier.

The management was good and strong.

My co-workers were great and we had a lot to share.

The hardest was to work a lot of hours especially when terrace was opened.

The most enjoyable was to work with other good sommelier.
Pros
the best list in London
Cons
Not much staff tasting
A proud-to-work-at French restaurant with hard working team
Commis Chef (Former Employee) –  London, ENG13 February 2015
Le Pont de la Tour, a rerstaurant owned and operated by D & D London group is a prestigious 3 rosette restaurant right in the heart of London on the banks of river Thames overlooking The Tower of London. I was fortunate to begin my culinary career at such a esteemed place under very good visionary chef who worked with various celebrated 2 and 3 Michelin starred chefs around the world. I began working as commis chef for work placement as a part of my post graduate culinary arts curriculum and continued working there for 19 months. I started with larder section in Bar and Grill section of the restaurant and eventually moved on to the main gourmet restaurant working in larder, hot starters, meat garnish and fish garnish sections. My day would start at 8 in the morning with daily mise-en-place of preparing different types of potatoes, salads, charcuterie, rillettes, meats and fish. I learned various methods of classic as well as modern French gastronimique cuisine ranging from basics of sauteing, braising, frying to sous vide and confit.

Le Pont de la Tour had one of the best teams I ever had a pleasure to work with. More like a family; every team member in kitchen was understanding and never thought twice before extending helping hand whenever and wherever needed.

Being very busy restaurant at such prime thriving location, 16 hours long shifts and replenishing and keeping up with lunch and dinner mise-en-place was very challenging. Yet, very good team, positive motivation, good work surroundings, and my passion for food made it all worthwhile and enjoyable; making me satisfied
  more... and happy at the end of the tiresome day.  less
Pros
employee discounts at all restaurants owned by the group, very good location, competitive environment
Cons
short breaks, long hours and hence no social life
amazing experience
trainning (Former Employee) –  London, ENG22 December 2013
being a chef is a hard job but if you have the passionate about cooking otherwise you will just hate the job
the hard part about being a chef is the long hours you have to be up on your feet most of the day.
I enjoy seeing customers eating what I cooked and seeing a smile on their faces.
Pros
free food
Cons
équipe dynamique, cosmopolite mais peu d'opportunités d'évolutions
Réceptionniste (Current Employee) –  London, ENG22 June 2013
Je suis actuellement réceptionniste au Restaurant Le Pont de la Tour situé à côté du London Bridge à Londres. Ma journée de travail consisite principalement à préparer le service c'est-à-dire nettoyer les menus, imprimer les nouveaux menus lors de changements, prendre les réservations par téléphone et par e-mail, accueillir les clients, s'assurer du bon fonctionnement du service en salle et parfois aider le service.

Léquipe de Réception ainsi que celle du restaurant globalement est dynamique, cosmopolite. Il y règne une bonne ambiance de travail.

Le management peut être qualifié de juste, motivant même si parfois durant le service il peut être plus stressant que apaisant.

Malheureusement, malgré un fort turn-over, il existe très peu de possibilités d'évolutions internes qu'elles soient au sein du restaurant ou au sein de groupe lui-même (D&D London).

L'aspect le plus difficile de ce poste est que bien trop souvent les réceptionnistes sont intellectuellement sous-estimées.

L'environnement (vue sur le London Bridge) et l'équie de réception sont les points les plus agréables de ce poste car nous formons une véritable équipe avec une réelle communication, un véritable partage de connaissances et d'expériences. Notre solidarité et notre dynamique de travail sont nos principales qualités.
Pros
l'équipe, la vue, la polyvalence, la pratique quotidienne de l'anglais
Cons
pas d'opportunités d'évolutions, salaire bas malgré les nombreuses heures supplémentaires