Laura Ashley Employee Reviews

DON'T work here if you value your health and wellbeing.
Home Sales Leader / Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Hereford, Herefordshire11 September 2019
Laura Ashley in Hereford - there is so much to say but not enough space to write it, I will say that if certain members of staff changed their ways and stopped listening to the opinion's of those that don't count then the store would be more successful with no back stabbing, secret meetings, false accusations, staff being paid correctly, holidays and bereavement time given properly, rotas being fair, favouritism and lower staff members taking liberties just because they are clicky with the stuck in their ways manager.
You do not have a life outside of Laura Ashley when its your day off you WILL be rung the same applies when you are on holiday or sick you WILL be rung or text about stupid things that could wait ( I had a week off and was away with family I was rung at least once a day with various issues one being that they couldn't find a form on the intranet, that I had process a customers refund wrong - it was fixed easily they just wanted me to know, and the best was on the first day of my holiday which was a call to reprimand me for not being at work on time (they hadn't checked the rota to see that I was on holiday) you are expected to give up everything for the store which I did as a cost to my home life, my social life and my mental health and general wellbeing.
The hardest part of my job was fitting in, I was made to feel like an outsider the whole time I worked there and made to feel like I didn't belong all because I didn't have money I only ever got on with the a hand full of staff member, another thing I found hard was that there was no trust between
  more... management to the staff, any transaction was double checked my the manager (this wasn't company policy just theirs) after I left another member of staff that had left after me informed me that once I left the company the manager and one of her favourites went through every single one of my transactions to see if I had made any mistakes, if I had given extra discount or under/over charged the customers were called and told this, but then informed that they would leave it as is but not to worry as I had left the company this was confirmed by a few customers who had been called but thought that I needed to know.
The best part of my job was when I was left alone on my floor with my team and my customers, I loved designing rooms for customers and seeing a project from start to finish. It may be cliché but one of the last days I felt happy there was the day I knew I would be out of the store for a few weeks and was able to put a certain staff member in their place since they had stepped down but still thought they ran the place, it felt great to say what I had wanted to say since the day I met her. The best day was the day I walked in handed in my notice, said buy to my team and walked out the door never to go back in there again.
Lovely place to work
Sales advisor (Former Employee) –  Worcester, Worcestershire11 September 2019
An enjoyable place to work, with quality products.
The only downside is the quiet days, especially when there isn't much in store to get on with, but colleagues certainly make up this.
Damaging
Warehouse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newtown, Powys23 August 2019
The warehouse is full of bullying, manipulation, and lies. The mid level managers (one in particular) likes to bully and push people to their mental limits. In the twelve months I worked there at least 30 people quit due to one manager. She has HR in her pocket so there is no use saying anything for fear of being sacked. People with common sense and a brain will not go far in this environment, as free thinking seems to be punished. Avoid.
Pros
None.
Cons
Everything.
Terrible, minimum wage, horrendous management.
Key Holder/Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stafford, Staffordshire2 August 2019
Worked at stafford for just over 5 years, Deputy Manger is absolute awful,unprofessional, Load, rude, repulsive. co-op material, enough said. Come on LA we expect more!!!
pleasent
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Exeter5 July 2019
My job role was a cleaner so I was left to my own devices most of which was done before the store opened. The staff were always friendly towards me and I knew in my job role what was expected. If there was something in particular they wanted doing they would just ask
Pros
early start was just right for me at the time to go with another job
Great Manager - Difficult company
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bath, Somerset25 June 2019
As an designer my role has been blessed with a company car, commission scheme and several perks however the company is very difficult to work for. Store staff and hugely undervalued and underpaid with lack of staff and support...very difficult. But I've been very lucky and happy here.
Quality design store
Product Advisor (Former Employee) –  United Kingdom20 June 2019
Stock control, customer service, rota updating, interior design advice to discerning customers. High quality of service. Poor communication from management.
Laura Ashley Hotel Bowness 0 stars
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Bowness-on-Windermere, Cumbria3 June 2019
Laura Ashley Hotel Bowness on Windermere ,be farway from this place, all area know very well this hotel and his management.
From General Manager to Housekeeping Manager, nasty with staff, unfair, treat the staff like slave without respect, they work only wity agency because no one want work for them.
You will finish at 2am in the night and start next day at 7am in breakfast.
No one problem is sort out , they just continue and staff leave every month.
No skills of Management, staff friends of Manager are treat well, foreign people treat as slave.
Pros
no one
Cons
unfair
Horrible work place
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Newtown, Powys9 May 2019
full of thieves, lack of equipment, management is terrible they single out employees they don’t like and bully them. Never worked in a place quite like it
best retail job I've ever had
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen, Aberdeen City30 April 2019
I love working here. I've worked for some awful retail companies, and this store is so nice to work in. The company looks after their staff with a great work life balance, great discounts, detailed training, and store management really cares about their team. Yes you do have targets to sell credit to customers, which can be hard, but recognising the best time to sell makes hitting targets easier.
The team is friendly and welcoming to new staff members, its more like family than colleagues.
Pros
discounts, the team
Cons
selling credit.
Good for a first time job
Stockroom Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cardiff28 April 2019
Great for a first time job and all my colleauges were lovely. The money is average. Nice stepping stone job between jobs that you actually want to do! Laura Ashley discount too!
Pros
Breaks
Cons
Poor pay
Great staff but poor management
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Winchester20 March 2019
For a long time I really loved this job, I made a great group of friends amongst the staff, but something changed. I had the assistant manager tell me I was dispensable- something that’s horrible to hear. The manager became very unprofessional and it turned into a horrible work environment. The actual company is not bad however, I just think there is a few stores that let it down
done
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Shepton Mallet30 January 2019
Managing the store to ensure it runs efficiently. Customer service is paramount.Ensuring KPI's are met.
Ensuring the welfare of my staff and customers
Pros
Pleasant working condition
Cons
Staff shortages
Worst job
Sales leader (Former Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands29 January 2019
Life balance- rotas never get done in advance so you can never plan for the future like appointments.
Salary- very poor pay for a top end company and not enough bonuses to encourage people
Management- expect you to learn training off a computer system and do it quickly not enough time to take it all in, management from nearly every store can be very rude and treat you badly.
Job security- not so good as they are closing more stores currently

Overall i wouldnt go back here to work sales target driven company more bothered about pushing staff to get mastercards forcing customers, they put a sale event on every week which is stressful on the staff which means they hardly ever sell stock at full prices.

You cant merchandise things how you want and be creative they would rather a visual team come in then let anyone use their imagination.

Staff discount is very good
Store staff are quite nice
Pros
Lunch breaks
Cons
Company stress
I enjoyed retail
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London Bridge15 January 2019
My role consisted of assisting customers with fabric and wallpaper measurements. Also, handling sales using the cash register. This was a good learning curve.
Productive and pleasant working environment
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Dunstable, Bedfordshire30 December 2018
pleasant working environment
learned how to provide great costumer service
excellent management
hard but also challenging being understuff and serving many costumers
renewing displays
Bad environment - Head Office
Designer (Former Employee) –  Fulham, Greater London23 November 2018
Upper management do not understand the benefits of peoples's experience. Some don't understand what you do.
Never any regular pay rises in line with inflation
No performance related pay rises
No proper pension benefits.
No extra benefits like % off a (e.g) gym membership
Dictatorial leadership from a Malaysian run company.
Freezing in the winter due to improper heating.
Damp and dirty head office.
Health hazard
No bonus benefits
Pros
Free tea and coffee
Cons
see below
Hard training, not much help from managment.
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Bangor, County Down21 November 2018
To learn everything (and you are expected to know everything) can take time, which are not given, and long to understand the different departments e.g. paint quantities and measurements for made to measure curtains. Not much help for management on these matters
Laura Ashley
Order Processing Administrator (Former Employee) –  Newtown6 November 2018
Busy office and daily contact with Customer services and the warehouse staff.

Excellent working environment in the office and the Manager good to work with.
Pros
Discount staff canteen
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  London3 November 2018
Great place to work if interested in home furnishings and design. I learned many skills while working here. Most enjoyable part of the job is helping customers design their homes.