Las Iguanas

Las Iguanas Employee Reviews

United Kingdom126 reviews
Las iguanas I’ve been working in is situated in the o2 arena, London.
Very busy place during the concert/events days, very quiet during ordinary days.
they claim to be best company in uk, to care and progress their people and it couldn't be more far from true, carrels disorganized and fake company and this is only for not be too bad and not going in to much details, they had the courage to dismiss and redundant people worked for them for over 25 years with children and families, worst directors and absolutely carrels .
Pros
free lunch
Cons
no life/work balance unpaid overtime, no tase for team, no progression.
Good tips

Face paced

Energetic

Great management at the time

Can transfer easily

Holiday cover in other restaurants which was fun

Loads of fun opportunities
Unless you don't have any other options, go for a try. The sistem used to work does not help to make a career. For part time job is OK. Work in the foods industry is not good because we should be paid much better.
I worked as both KP and barback which resulted in me learning a lot in a short amount of time. The staff are competitive with a good work life balance.
On paper, an incredible company to work for. However many managers expect you to complete their jobs whilst they sit and do their role poorly which makes your role unnecessarily stressful when there and then in future since they haven’t done theirs to begin with.

Hiring on a full time or part time basis has no effect on any financial stability as, untold to many, the contract provided only guarantees six hours per week.
This industry provides good salary if you work long hours and a few other benefits, but the work is fast pace and exhausting.
If you are young and prepared to spend long hours at work and if you are passionate about it, then this is the place for you.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
No matter how hard you work you get little to none recognition. Any attempt at progression just gets tangled in red tape and confronted with hoops to jump through. Staff turn over is high for the simple reason that they expect everyone do be doing the work of 2-3 people but will pay you as little as they can get away with.
Great beginning if you just started to work in hospitality. They provide trainings, you will have free meal on the shift, tips and more nice benefits also.
Awesome and fun job
Learning new things everday

Real creativity when it comes to food.

An ability to create menus that are innovative and profitable.

A deep understanding of ingredients and produce.

The capacity to work under extreme pressure.
A good place to develop your management skills.
Hands on cooking. And busy service time.

Working hours is the negative, like all the hospitality sector...
Pros
Development
Cons
Working hours
You only get tips if you work the tables and end up doing more work than everyone else. Apart from that the management is great and the staff are fun to work with
Fantastic place to work if looking to get some experience in a fast pace cocktail bar☺️ Staff are good crack which make work 110% better. Good place to develop new skills
Good place to work if you do a lot of incentives for team and managers and look after long standing employees. Company is changing is always looking at how they can improve
I currently work at las iguanas as a bartender and really enjoy it! It’s like a big family, everyone looks out for each other and the managers will always listen to your needs and views
Pros
Fun workplace
Cons
Very long working hours (sometime even 55-60 hours per week) don't pay for any overtime, no lieu time nether. Very high expectations for little money.
9 October 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.

I am really sorry to hear that you felt you did not have a positive experience working for us.

If you are able to provide any further feedback please do to becky.howells@iguanas.co.uk so we can look into this further.
Management would often change shifts - giving 20+ hours per week and then reducing to 8. Also would send home people when not busy, understandable but not fair on people with already limited hours.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Little appraisal
3 September 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.

I am really sorry to hear that the management were often changing your shifts and you felt there was little appraisal.

I have been working six months in there and I never felt like I had a slightly chance of progression, or just improvement, seemed to me that there was also some kind of nepotism going on in there.
27 August 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.

I am really sorry to hear that you felt you did not have a chance to progress with us as we very passionate on internally developing our people.

Typical day involved general barbacking duties, (glass clearing, ice refills, helping customers, etc). This was my first proper job and was intense but a fantastic learning experience. Management were simply lovely people at my branch, as were most of my colleagues, however there were admittedly issues with timetabling and lack of proper management. Pay was quite agreeable too given that it was my first working experience.
I feel as a married woman that I never got to see my wife due to late starts and late finishes, i spoke to managers about shifts and i was promised it would change but it never did.
The job itself is perfect, good tips, good people, good team spirit, the only down side is the hours.
Pros
Staff are very friendly
Cons
Long unsocial hours
They only cared about lowering costs and lacked respect and care for employees and hours were extremely long/shifts finished late. However, the pay and tips were good.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Long hours, late hours, disrespectful management
29 May 2019
Hi,

Thank you for leaving us some feedback on Indeed.

I am really sorry to hear you felt there was a lack of respect and care for employees. I would like to look into this issue in more detail. Please could you email me your concerns in more detail to becky.howells@iguanas.co.uk . In regards to only caring about lowering costs I am really sorry to hear that the range of amazing incentives that we invest in were not shown to you! We invest a lot of money and hard work into ensuring our employees are motivated. If you can provide anymore details that would be very helpful.

Thanks!