Las Iguanas Employee Reviews

Awful company to work for
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Bath11 September 2019
Very long working hours (sometime even 55-60 hours per week) don't pay for any overtime, no lieu time nether. Very high expectations for little money.
No chance of progression
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Stratford21 August 2019
I have been working six months in there and I never felt like I had a slightly chance of progression, or just improvement, seemed to me that there was also some kind of nepotism going on in there.
27 August 2019

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.

I am really sorry to hear that you felt you did not have a chance to progress with us as we very passionate on internally developing our people.

If you are able to provide any further feedback please do to becky.howells@iguanas.co.uk so we can look into this further.

For the most part; Fantastic
Barback (Former Employee) –  Stratford, Greater London1 August 2019
Typical day involved general barbacking duties, (glass clearing, ice refills, helping customers, etc). This was my first proper job and was intense but a fantastic learning experience. Management were simply lovely people at my branch, as were most of my colleagues, however there were admittedly issues with timetabling and lack of proper management. Pay was quite agreeable too given that it was my first working experience.
Amazing if you are single or a student
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Cardiff City Centre, Cardiff11 July 2019
I feel as a married woman that I never got to see my wife due to late starts and late finishes, i spoke to managers about shifts and i was promised it would change but it never did.
The job itself is perfect, good tips, good people, good team spirit, the only down side is the hours.
Pros
Staff are very friendly
Cons
Long unsocial hours
management were rude
Bar Tender (Former Employee) –  Stratford20 May 2019
They only cared about lowering costs and lacked respect and care for employees and hours were extremely long/shifts finished late. However, the pay and tips were good.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Long hours, late hours, disrespectful management
29 May 2019

Thank you for leaving us some feedback on Indeed.

I am really sorry to hear you felt there was a lack of respect and care for employees. I would like to look into this issue in more detail. Please could you email me your concerns in more detail to becky.howells@iguanas.co.uk . In regards to only caring about lowering costs I am really sorry to hear that the range of amazing incentives that we invest in were not shown to you! We invest a lot of money and hard work into ensuring our employees are motivated. If you can provide anymore details that would be very helpful.

Good part-time job
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Bath, Somerset17 May 2019
Good work environment, staff discount is great and good value. branch was short staffed at busy periods, and unorganised management lead to stressful and busier shifts
Pros
staff discount
Cons
under staffed
fun workplace
WAITRESS (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands8 May 2019
lovely environment, with polite, kind staff and management. I learned a lot working here. it gave me an opportunity to develop my skills in waitressing. Helped me improve my hospitality skills and developed great customer service over the years.
Having this job has really improved my confidence as it has allowed me to interact with different people.
Pros
great management
Friendly staff
Bar tender (Former Employee) –  Lakeside2 May 2019
Staff are friendly and the food is nice, pay was ok music is good but manages dont see when they have good loyal staff members whom go above and beyond for customers!
Pros
Made friends there
Cons
Some management dont notice good staff
29 May 2019

Thank you for leaving us some feedback on Indeed.

I am sorry to hear you felt the managers did not see loyal staff members. I would like to look into this issue in more detail. Please could you email me your concerns in more detail to becky.howells@iguanas.co.uk

Thanks!

Fun. Place to work but kitchen life is hard work
Seniour Sous chef (Former Employee) –  Newport26 April 2019
If u have the mind set of a champion you will love the early starts and late finishes , except hard work and high standards, good fun place to work if you have like minded team members. Points make prizes incentive systems in place here, unless your management then it’s sales make prizes.
Good food good drink.
Pros
Fun if u want it to be
Fun place to work
TEAM LEADER (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire23 March 2019
Great brand to work for. Has a true family feel despite the continuously growing size of the business. Strong leadership, development opportunities and support.
Friendly, but mismanaged
Commis Chef (Current Employee) –  Milton Keynes18 March 2019
The kitchen management is almost non-existent. Because of this, it's seriously under staffed, resulting in the staff there being overworked and underappreciated.

Work/life balance is awful, regularly working 2/3 times a week a double from 09:30-00:00(ish) with a couple hours break in the middle.The rota/schedule is erratic and unpredictable week on week, meaning working 7 or more days in a row is a real possibility.

Training was minimal, as someone with no previous experience, I was left mostly with being shown how to do most things a couple of times and expected to keep up with an endless work load.

Overall management is friendly and flexible, if you need something, they are very accommodating.

Staff is friendly and make it a somewhat enjoyable place to work when its not too busy.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Long hours Overworked
20 March 2019

Thank you for leaving us some feedback on Indeed.

I am sorry to hear you felt the training was minimal and the work/ life balance was not good. I would like to look into this issue in more detail. Please could you email me your concerns in more detail to becky.howells@iguanas.co.uk

not bad
Chef de Partie (Former Employee) –  Plymouth8 March 2019
worked here for five years on and off. was a good place to work but that was down to management and not the company. current management don't know what there doing.
Bad experience
Waitressing (Former Employee) –  Uk5 March 2019
The wage is minimum wage without discussion. You will hearn the same money as you first day teenager colleague eventough you have years of experience. The place is understaffed all the time. The promise of tons of tips it's true only if you willing to work like a donkey serving millions of customers doing few coins each.
The music is loud especially on the weekend and the lighting are dark.
If you like a busy, messy and loud evniroment can be the right place for you.
Pros
Tips and free meal (from a reduced selection)after 8 hours shift
Cons
Headache for sure, you legs and knees will be sore all time
14 March 2019

Thank you for leaving us some feedback on Indeed.

I am sorry you felt we were understaffed. I would like to look into this issue in more detail. Please could you email me your concerns in more detail to becky.howells@iguanas.co.uk

Quite a terrible environment
Waitress - Part Time (Former Employee) –  Derby, Derbyshire21 February 2019
I was the only waitress in the restaurant that wasn't Polish. The other waitresses would talk about me and to each other in Polish even though they were all fluent in English. We were always understaffed. More often than not, there would be 3 waitresses running the whole restaurant and if we were unlucky, two of us would have to handle all the tables on our own. The management were not so good as they new of conflict between staff members, however nothing was ever done in order to attempt to resolve the issues.
We only got free food if we did over 8 hours work on that day.
14 March 2019

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.

I'm sorry to hear that you felt the restaurant was understaffed. I would really like to look into this further, please could you email some more detail to myself at becky.howells@iguanas.co.uk ?

Sous chef (Former Employee) –  Gibraltar5 February 2019
It wasn't what I expected, not same as UK not sames standards. Not same quality of food, not good comunication between back and front of house. Doesn't look like L.I. uk.
Enjoy work with las iguanas
Head chef (Former Employee) –  South Yorkshire25 December 2018
I haved openings Harrogate,York restaurant to help them and training team I used to covering shift las iguanas really I enjoyed there it’s freshly made food.nice environment
Pros
Pre opening
Cons
I have covers 3 maximum 3 week sites maxium hours weekly I get bonus
Benefits
Team Member/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Warminster14 November 2018
You get excellent benefits when working the company, including free meals during shift, 50% off the entire bill (including alcohol) and all CDG owned restaurants.
Amazing place
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Manchester4 November 2018
Really great company to work for. Good incentives and excellent progression scheme. Generous wages and discounts. Amazing team work. Commendable management. Fantastic training.
Pros
Free lunch, 50% discount on food and drinks.
Fun but very inconvinient
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Reading, Berkshire15 October 2018
It was fun and was a part of good collective. But no discipline, minimal organisation, sometimes too busy and understaff, often changes in management team. Some of customers were really rude.Long hours at weekends.At the end I barely got any hours.
Las iguanas
Commis chef (Current Employee) –  Norwich10 October 2018
I enjoy my job as it’s fast paced and the people are nice.
But I don’t have a good balance with life as I don’t get much time off to see friends
I have learned a lot of stuff like grill and how to do starters.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Late nights

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Las Iguanas. Our community is ready to answer.