Larchwood Care Employee Reviews

Very kind workers and very great place to work
Kitchen assistant (Former Employee) –  Norfolk25 April 2018
Working at lilys house care Home, was a great experience. Everyone who works there is kind and caring especially management. They have a very suffient way of caring for there residents and show great service of care too the residents
bullying , poor management, awful company
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kingsgate , East Kilbride12 April 2018
staff great, management and senior management are bullies . management and owners do not care about residents, only care about profits. residents have not had any outings/trips out of home for years, since HCMS took over and made cutbacks, awful company to work for. senior management and directors encourage a culture of bullying, and staff treated poorly. home managers usually change every year, sometimes more.
Pros
staff great
Cons
poor management by hcms
cranford care home
Carer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, Aberdeen City19 March 2018
very short staffed, some carer didn’t know what they were doing which effected the whole team of carers as well as the residents. overall quite good..
Pros
residents were lovely
Cons
lack of support and lack of staff
Bullying rife
Senior Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ely, Cambridgeshire7 March 2018
I was bullied by fellow senior carers, I was set up with medication not being administered, area manager a bully too. There was a case of if your face doesn't fit. I gave the home all I had and was treated disgracefully. It has destroyed my confidence and career.
Pros
Residents
Cons
Area management have favourites and lead the staff by bullying.
Care home review
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wickwar, Gloucestershire19 February 2018
I loved working in this carehome as it made me feel good that I was helping the residents with there daily needs
The staff worked well as a team and also solo
The care home had a few different managers which I felt the care home wasn’t stable at all times. Had some really good managers but also not some great ones
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short staffed
Disgusting place to work
Care assistant (Former Employee) –  Leigh-on-Sea11 January 2016
Management rude non experienced don't wanna no problems talks to the staff like rubbish the seniors talk to the carers like there children !! The home is dirty the salary is disgusting !!! Awful place iv ever worked !!!
my work
senior carer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Leigh, ENG12 August 2014
administer medication to approximately 30 residents. i have learned how to administer meds in the appropriate way. most of my coworkers are hardworkers but can need a little direction at times.i arrange the allocation of jobs on that shift. arranging breaks, appointments etc., then check the diary and work through it during the day. i have to review careplans and do supervisions and appraisals with staff.any emergency i deal with. i answer the phone and the door asking people to sign in.
Pros
nice residents
Cons
very long hours, interrupted breaks, not enough money and not much respect.
A good learning expericne
Bank senior care worker (Current Employee) –  Colchester11 November 2013
I have worked in Larchwood for 2 and half years now and feel I have gain valuable experience and knowledge for the role.
The staff have been very helpfully and management have been very supportive.
Ex Southern Cross home under new ownership
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Basildon4 February 2013
Every day is very busy. Admin role is very varied & extremely enjoyable. Payroll hours input, preparing management reports. Considerable email activity. Answering telephones. Responsible for staff personnel & training records. Staff recruitment, references, CRB checks etc. Control of company stationery. Budget control. Liason with maintenance, servicing repairs etc. Bank reconciliations, overseeing resident personal allowance accounts. Collecting home fees, credit control. Working closely with local authorities. Marketing the home.

I enjoy my role immensely. Have good rapport with staff members.

Hardest part? Not really sure, I enjoy the challenge.
Pros
local
Cons
lack of computer software

Want to know more about Larchwood Care?

Ask a question