Larchwood Care Homes Limited Employee Reviews

Care assistant
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Worcestershire11 December 2018
1 star -Bad management , team leaders and some staff. Not had a good experience, you do good and the lazy staff get away with it as they have been there for years. No improvement with handling the same staff members that bully,lie which encourages good staff members to leave. Not enough activities or outing for residents .
Pros
Some nice staff but they leave
Cons
Old staff. Management and head office
Rather line there pockets than provide good quality care
Senior Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wickwar, Gloucestershire5 November 2018
I worked in Wickwar for a short space of time . The expectation of you as a workers was full on. Management are bullies and would rather line their pockets than the welfare of the staff and residents. Lack of staff. Lack of computer equipment and a turnaround team whom just bullies you. I would never recommend this company to anyone ...
Pros
Salary
Cons
Management . Your just a number
Bad management
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Accrington, Lancashire3 September 2018
The care staff and residents are all lovely but the management, on all levels is absolutely appalling. We had the area manager visit twice weekly, no concern for the residents or staff, just popped in for her free lunch and an office base. Home management changed regularly, you’re spoken to like you are absolutely worthless and if your face doesn’t fit, you’ll be made to feel very uncomfortable. A few things happened whilst I was working at the home with regards to incidents with the residents. One of the incidents demanded police attention but the area manager just swept the matter under the carpet like it had never happened, I was appalled. If you want to feel valued or progress, this is not the place to work.
Pros
Nice care staff
Cons
Bad management, staff are not valued.
Staff friendly welcoming and caring. Free meals whilst on duty free coffee or tea. Free car parking .
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bamber Bridge, Lancashire28 August 2018
A great place to work.. Big improvement s to the home at moment. I have been here for three years. A well led cleaning staff. Would recommend Chances of promotion lots of in-house training.
Pros
Being part of a fantastic team that cares for the residents nothing is too much trouble.
Cons
Some of the night staff are lazy.
Fantastic place to work
Domestic Assistant (Current Employee) –  Scunthorpe15 September 2018
Absolutely wonderful home I work in. I've been here 15 years and wouldn't go anywhere else. A lovely bright warm atmosphere. Fantastic training and support. A great mix of residents and staff. I've enjoyed my entire time here and still enjoy going to my place of work at present!
Pros
Long standing staff, very home like atmosphere
Manic workplace
Former Care assistant (Former Employee) –  Cranford, Aberdeen22 September 2018
Lack of staff, mostly agency staff, no basic equipment, bedding, towels and mostly lack of empathy from the new manager.Nursing staff over worked and poor pay.
Pros
Lovely residents
Cons
Poor work environment and bad management .
To be hppy at work and a hard worker
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rotherham17 November 2018
i am a hard worker workimg six day a week i like to be part of a team helping my colegue and coustumers to be all the time on time at work to have a great relation with averyone
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Preston25 August 2018
bullying , poor management, awful company
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kingsgate , East Kilbride12 April 2018
staff great, management and senior management are bullies . management and owners do not care about residents, only care about profits. residents have not had any outings/trips out of home for years, since HCMS took over and made cutbacks, awful company to work for. senior management and directors encourage a culture of bullying, and staff treated poorly. home managers usually change every year, sometimes more.
Pros
staff great
Cons
poor management by hcms
Care Assistant for the Elderly (Former Employee) –  Ely, Cambridgeshire7 March 2018
Very kind workers and very great place to work
Kitchen assistant (Former Employee) –  Norfolk25 April 2018
Working at lilys house care Home, was a great experience. Everyone who works there is kind and caring especially management. They have a very suffient way of caring for there residents and show great service of care too the residents
Care home review
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wickwar, Gloucestershire19 February 2018
I loved working in this carehome as it made me feel good that I was helping the residents with there daily needs
The staff worked well as a team and also solo
The care home had a few different managers which I felt the care home wasn’t stable at all times. Had some really good managers but also not some great ones
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short staffed
Working alone
Maintenance Engineer (Current Employee) –  Colchester11 February 2018
• I have to respond to call in when was an emergency
• I need to train new people for health and safety and fire evacuation
• getting in touch with contractors and follow the works status
• Attend to meaetings with the manager for improving things in the home
Pros
Including launch
cranford care home
Carer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, Aberdeen City19 March 2018
very short staffed, some carer didn’t know what they were doing which effected the whole team of carers as well as the residents. overall quite good..
Pros
residents were lovely
Cons
lack of support and lack of staff
horrible
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wickwar, Gloucestershire28 March 2018
I worked there , and the manager when it was orchard care was great. but was only interim. has gone down hill since.
Very sad, as a lot of good staff also left at the time.
Pros
training
Cons
current manager
Nice place to work, bad management
Dementia Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Northern Ireland13 January 2018
The home I worked for was great, i loved it, but after a few months of settling in, i soon realized that the management was a disgrace. clear favoritism going on. no regard for health and safety of staff or patients. lack of compassion and empathy on this managements behalf.
The home is good but not run fairly by management
Senior Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Leigh-on-Sea, Essex3 November 2017
The home has 65 service user's and has 9 careers and 3 seniors during the day and during the night u have 2 seniors and 4 careers. The hard time working in this home is when you are working with agency staff that doesn't know our services user's. And plus the management expect a job to be done without considering the staff level.
Pros
Occasionally have free lunch when you are doing a longday
Cons
12 hour shift
Friendly
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brentwood, Essex31 August 2017
Love working with the company , care assistants where I work work really hard and put all residents first and treat them like there own
Long hours or short
The manager at Brentwood as lovely and always there to help you and listen
I have returned to Brentwood care Home more than once and the manager has always taken me back which I'm very thankful for
Very difficult environment to work in. Short staffed therefore stressful.
Health Care Assistant/Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Shoreham by Sea9 September 2017
I joined this job in November but left in December because despite assurances regarding hours and shift patterns they were very long hours. There was poor morale and too lower pay.
Pros
Residents
Cons
Long hours and poor envirinment.
Its a nice place if you are local
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Droitwich Spa, Worcestershire23 October 2017
I have had bad experiences here. Some of the staff can be very helpful and friendly. But if your face does not fit they will make u know this and do their best to make it uncomfortable to work there.
Pros
Some good staff
Cons
Some bad staff

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Larchwood Care Homes Limited. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6