LanguageLine Solutions

LanguageLine Solutions Employee Reviews

United Kingdom35 reviews
It is a good experience of using both languages to help people in hospitals. The company provided enough information about the patients.
Sometimes however I had to travel very far from where I live and the travel cost a lot than I expected.
I am a freelance interpreter, so I wouldn't have the overall picture, but I am very satisfied with the way my manager is there for me to help me any time I need it!
It is so relaxed to work with Language Line as they are very organised and the e_signature is very helpful as no jobsheet printing needed
The payment is very good comparing with other interpreter companies

Communication with the staff is so easy when I need help or have query
attending meetings or conferences
listening carefully

comprehending languages

accurate and succinct reproduction in the specified language(s)

using technology where appropriate, such as microphones, headphones, telephones, video and the internet.

The work can involve a considerable amount of unpaid travel.
LLS pays quite well for an hour, but the job comes with lots and lots of hours spent on public transport. The opportunities depend on a lot on what language you speak besides English, so if your language is not very high-demand, it is not possible to make a living from only F2F interpreting.
But the job is quite relaxed, it is a good opportunity to network with people and to put your name out there and build a freelance lifestyle from it.

If you are not sure if you could live your life as a freelancer, LLS is the perfect training ground to test yourself if it is for you or not. :)
Pros
No minimum hour expectations, full freedom.
Cons
No paid travel (except in very rare occasions)
I loved each moment of my employment with them. They are highly professional, friendly, supportive and caring people to work with. In house trainings.
Flexible job really suitable for People with long-term health condition or being student or having children and that is very important to have flexible job and being able to work at the same time
I really enjoy working with language line at my own pace and time, I decide time and hours I want to work. I have been working for and halve years and to be honest it was worth it.
Good company paid on time. Helpful staff. We need to register as self employed then jobs come through the phone portal. It has been this rate for years. Would be better if there was an increase in hourly rate. We pay for parking but it is very expensive in hospitals.
Lots of bookings for Romanian, Polish or Arabic speakers. Every day is different, you get to learn and achieve a lot, especially when you interpret for NHS.
Iv worked with languageline for nine years no increase in pay.
Not many jobs everyday in local.

Jobs are quite far many times the pay just about covers the cost of trsveliinng

With a few pounds left over.

Its like volunteering for people who are in need of help with the language barrier.
Great if you want to work from home as you just log in and wait for the calls . Only problem is you might be logged in for 4 hours and only get calls for 2 hours . Only benefit is you do housework and take care of everything else whilst you wait for the calls
For £16 an hour and an extra £4 for every quarter of an hour if the interpreting goes over is not worth it. Although they state that you need to be available from 8am to 6pm or even outside of your working hours, it doesn't mean that you will be paid well. The job assignments you get will depend on whoever gets the job first on the online portal. To be honest with you, it is not worth becoming an interpreter. In the past, one of the agencies I used to register for called Global Accent used to pay face-to-face interpreters £50 an hour. Now they only pay £12 an hour.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Can't make a living with the wages you receive
I really enjoyed working for LanguageLine Solutions, the staff are very friendly, the hours work around your life, there is an appropriate amount of work for all interpreters and you help people communicate
Pros
Cons
No overpay
They will always be there to support in job locations , timing , any enquiry they will be there to listen .
For example if I was late for my appointment due to traffic or being lost they will always contact the client and will guide you through , or if the hours extended they will always take that into account when it comes to payment
Pros
Good communication
Cons
It's ok if you have another income but normally you get 2-3 hours work a week, if you discount transport and the time it takes you to and back from a job, not worth it.
I have been working as freelancer for 1 , it s been poor paid , management wasn't helpful and rude , wouldn't recommend to a third party , only pro is flexibility
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Low paid
I was here around 2 years working with some great people. Everyone was friendly and helpful and made it such a pleasant environment to work in. Plenty of social events and drinks, etc. One of my main frustrations while working here was having to report to people in the US office which caused delays in making progress on projects and sometimes being held back technologically.
Hi There,

Thank you for your comments, we are happy to hear that you enjoyed working for LLS.

We appreciate your hard work and commitment to the role whilst you was with us, and we wish you the best of luck with all of your future endeavours!

The LR Team
Good flow of freelance work in the role of face-to-face interpreter.
Interpreter support line always very helpful and easy to reach.

Reliable on payments, invoices were always paid on time.
Good Afternoon,

Thank you for your comments, we are happy to hear that you enjoy working for LLS.

We appreciate your hard work and commitment to the role, we are looking forward to continue working with you in the future.

The LR Team
A messy office, no support, no respect. They pay late, they are rude on the phone, it is impossible to communicate with them. Overall, a disaster of proportions
Good Afternoon,

Thank you for your comment.

I am sorry to hear that you feel this way about LLS.

We respect all of our interpreters and will always make sure we do everything we can in order to support them. We take on board all feedback from our interpreters, and we are always looking for ways in which we can develop and improve.

All of our interpreters are paid on the same day, every month and never paid late. We haven't had any complaints in regards to this, if this is something that has happened to you please do contact us and we will definitely look into the problem and rectify it.

I am unaware of the details regarding the employees in question being rude over the phone, however this is something we take very seriously. If you wish to discuss this further please give us a call.

I can see you are a current interpreter with us, please contact your quality coordinator regarding the issues you mentioned and we will deal with this accordingly.

LR Recruitment
Flexible to fit in perfect with my personal life. But it should consider telephone interpreting.
should improve on the increase of more sectors for local places, rather than over 5 miles.
Good Afternoon,

Many thanks for your comments.

We do offer both Face-to-Face interpreting, as well as Telephone interpreting. If you are interested in Telephone Interpreting please feel free to call our office and we will be able to further assist.

We do cover the whole of London, you would have access to bookings within a 20 mile radius, not 5 miles.

If there is anything we can help you with, please do not hesitate to give us a call.

LR Recruitment