Language Link Employee Reviews

Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WA 9840517 March 2019
Offers training to help you become more professional in your position. Great service we offer to our clients. Competitive pay and offer great benefits.
No tenia ningún ambiente de trabajo, laboraba desde casa.
Interprete Bilingue (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WA1 March 2019
El ambiente laboral era diferente cada día debido a las muchas llamadas que recibía de multiples compañias.
Pros
Solo se trabaja por contrato.
Cons
No hubo ninguna capacitación laboral.
Terrible management
Teacher (Former Employee) –  China, ME19 January 2019
My coworkers got deported because the company did the paper work wrong. The management is completely unprofessional and care more about money than the actual staff. Did not even get paid for my last month. Do not work here.
Would not recommend
Contractor (Former Employee) –  usa17 January 2019
Couple years ago, it was worth contracting for this company, over the last year or so, they is nothing much to desire from this place. I can live with the below average compensation, no benefits whatsoever but dealing with below average IQ individuals as your supervisor, its not going to happen in this lifetime.
I truly would like to see some of credentials of the so called support/supervisor staff but I guess its not my place.
Cons
Too competitive an industry for a small organization to thrive
Business Development Executive Western Region (Former Employee) –  Western Region21 November 2018
Too competitive an industry for a small organization to thrive and consequently, for a sales associate to prosper. Practically all RFPs are won by the competition.
Happy team
HR Manager (Former Employee) –  CN14 November 2018
we are a new company, everything is not specifications, so There's a lot to build from scratch .we work together, Explored new approaches, I overcame many difficulties and tapped my potential. Our team has also built a deep bond.
Pros
work snack, Good leadership
Cons
Working hours vary
Good
Foreign Language English Teacher (Former Employee) –  Московская область12 November 2018
Working for Language Link was an interesting experience. I had the opportunity to live and work in another country. While I was living in The Russian federation, I had the chance to learn how to speak Russian.
Great Experience
Business Consultant, Queretaro, Mexico (Former Employee) –  Queretaro7 November 2018
Was a great chance to experience all aspects of global manufacturing. Enjoyed the opportunity to spend time with executives in high positions within the companies.
It was a face paced, but fun place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WA25 September 2018
A typical work days was just answering the phones and connecting clients with the interpreter for the language that they needed. It was a very fun place to work. Very friendly people. They are a great place to work.
Pros
Very understand Management
Cons
They change policies ofte
It wasn't a good place to work
ESL Teacher (Former Employee) –  Ростовская область13 September 2018
The work was interesting, but not well-paid at all. Employees do not get any benefits or compensations. However, management force people to work hard. It was quite difficult to maintain life-work balance.
Pros
workplace culture, coworkers
Cons
poor wages
I enjoyed working for this employer.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WA22 August 2018
This was a great place to work for. Yes it could be intense at times, but it made your work day go by quickly. It was a very face paced at times, but you where able to have fun while you working as well. They did thing to show their employees that they appreciated all their hard work.
Pros
Everyone was like a big family
Cons
The rules and way to do things was always changing
Ok place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WA22 August 2018
Most of the management are easy to get along with. The work is fast paced, but extremely easy. Some days are very slow so job is a bit boring. The pay is better than minimum, but you will struggle without another source of income.
Well run small language centre
English Language Teacher (Former Employee) –  Tashkent, UZ20 August 2018
A close knit language centre in the community.
Teaching groups are small and manageable.
The focus is mainly on speaking and listening.
You have the freedom to be creative in the lessons.
Pros
close knit community
Great Company, Great People
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Mitino27 July 2018
I taught primarily in Mitino, but I also taught in a camp, in several other schools, and I saw what it would be like to teach in Kostroma. My favorite culture and leadership was in Mitino. Zoya, Olga, and Lena always cared about us teachers and helped us both professionally and personally. The students were great. I really enjoyed my time there.

Regarding the negative comments about pay, American teachers make three times (if not more sometimes) than Russian teachers. The pay is very good in Russia, and Language Link pays for its teachers' housing.
Good training opportunities; controlling atmosphere
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WA11 July 2018
CTS LanguageLink has a tough business model. Language translation is a competitive business apparently... so much so that cracking the whip on production is a constant practice by management. This makes for a stressful workplace and hurts morale. Many people at Language Link are very good people. They are very intelligent and talented artists and designers, and are good at tutoring new employees.
Pros
opportunities for some training, some fun people to work with
Cons
stressful workplace and low morale
Just another company who was the lowest bidder on a government contract
Data Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Knox, KY22 June 2018
Next in line to win a pre-existing government contract by way of being the lowest bidder. That said, job neither improved nor worsen when the company took over. Same workers, different manager. Lots of freedom to make the job what you want, as long as the customer is happy you can pretty much do whatever you want in terms of how you get the job done. Beware of middle management, tend to over promise and under deliver, like to tell customer "Sure we can do that, it's as easy as pushing a button.", without consulting or even involving those who do the actual work.
Pros
Pay
Cons
No benefits whatsoever
Management is bad
Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Florida29 April 2018
Job is fun but bad management. Hiring process is even worst.

I would not recommend. Unless you don't have any other options in terms of work.......
Well run organization
Spanish Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WA5 April 2018
The company was well run, Pay was decent, but I could have worked more hours. It was easy to maintain contact with managers; managers provided timely updates.
Nice
Spanish Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WA19 March 2018
Able to choose own hours, working in a nice environment most of the time. Management is always willing to help and assist me with the information that is needed.
Pros
Relaxed
Cons
Good pay for on-site interpretation, telephonic is not very well organized
MEDICAL SPANISH INTERPRETER (Current Employee) –  Portland, OR17 March 2018
Good pay, respectful to interpreters. I really like this company. On the downside, there aren't enough jobs to make a living. No discounts, benefits or vacations. Sometimes payment gets delayed. Pre scheduled Telephonic interpretation appointments are always with the same company or requester, Many times these are cancelled, and yet the system won"t let us accept another appointment in the same time frame or offer us a substitution..