Language Empire Management reviews

Productive working environment and good management
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Rochdale, Greater Manchester10 October 2019
I have worked for Language Empire for just short of 2 years and I have progressed within the company. The managing director is very much involved with the running of the business and likes to give all employees new opportunities. You get out what you put in and if you work hard it pays off.
All the departments communicate within the office and is always a good environment to be in. Management is great - all are fair and understanding. The managers are the best I have ever worked with really , I actually look forward to coming into work in the morning.
I don’t advice people to work with them
Interperter (Former Employee) –  Bristol / bath /3 August 2019
1/ salary never been on time
2/ they are not well organized
3/ they keep changing with there rules with out changing the contract
4/ I stopped working with them and ask them to Cuncil my contract with them and they never do I am still on there list.
5/ not good management.
Terrible
Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear14 June 2019
Please do not work for this company as they are a scam. They don’t pay you, the management is really poor. I will not recommend to anyone working for this company.
Avoid
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Rochdale10 June 2019
Never paid on time, that’s if you get all of your wage without the accountant missing half of it out. Which then you have to email and sort out yourself to get the rest of your wage. Most of the managers aren’t approachable, the pay is not worth the job, they won’t even put the heating on when it’s freezing cold we have to wear extra layers. Even the interpreters aren’t paid half of the time, unfair on both the employees and interpreters who work for them.
Pros
9-5 hours
Cons
Payment problems, managers
Good workplace
Customer Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Rochdale1 May 2019
My personal experience within the organisation was very good.

Days were busy but manageable, great progression opportunities as i completed my apprenticeship and had the chance to further progress with my level 3. Management were always helpful, also a very diverse organisation with many different cultures.
Pros
good progression opportunities
Cons
poor paper filing system
Absolute waste of time!
Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Lancashire26 February 2019
Completed assignment in october with a notice of 20 minutes, was promiced payment in December still no payment!

Services are ridiculous, disrespectful and no work ethics.
Constantly having to chase up payments.

Pathetic.
Avoid at all costs
No comment (Former Employee) –  Manchester18 February 2019
A full place to work managers are full of them selves constantly doing assessments with interpreters for no reason they never pay on time not even to call centre staff they sack people without due cause they reduced their pay rates paying under ten pound an hour they got sued by big word and are paying a 1/4 million fine avoid worse company ever
Pros
Cons
Pay, hours, everything
Low pay and disrespectful
Freelance Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester20 December 2018
This company is a disgrace to the profession, and I hope they disappear from the market. I have my worst work experience with them. And to make things worse they have recently lowered their rates of pay. They have a very unjust cancellation policy; you have to give them notice 10 days in advance or you have to pay a charge, but they only need to give you 2 hours notice if they choose to cancel. Please do not work for them!
Pros
I cannot think of any
Cons
Low pay, late pay and everything else
Poorly Managed Company - AVOID!
Freelance Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester13 October 2018
I have stopped working for LE for the following reasons
1> You have to chase for payments this can go on for several months they will not put you through to accounts , you have to send mails but they don't respond but they will 'log' a ticket for your complaint but its ticks the box - they don't get back to you.
2> Cancellation Policy - as an interpreter you cannot cancel within 10 working days without receiving a penalty but they can cancel on the day without a payment to the interpreter - these should be more aligned and fair.
3> The agency will lie/mislead and tell you one rate but when you do finally get paid they pay the standard not the agreed rate.
4> The Management team do not care whatsoever about the position they put the interpreters in when not paying on time and refer to LE T&C on occasions if paperwork not received (don't pay interpreter), if late (fine interpreter) yet don't follow their own T&C around payment schedules.
5> The more work you do for them the less your hourly rate as a loyalty bonus and you also have to wait longer for payment the more assignments you do for them.

Best advice I can give is don't work for LE, they need to realise without interpreters they simply don't have a business.

AVOID, AVOID, AVOID!
Pros
Flexible Hours
Horrible place to work
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Rochdale22 January 2018
I worked for language empire as an apprentice. The way staff are treated in the work place is disgusting. In the department there was one main problem that never got dealt with despite numerous complaints to the manager and the main boss. I handed in a weeks notice but unfortunate my son took very poorly, so I had to have 2 days off to which I got an email back saying I did not need to return. I am very upset with how I was treated at Language Empire. I have took further action to make sure something is done about how I was treated.
Pros
Cons
No management
poor
Bookings Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Rochdale9 September 2017
please do not work for them as they hide a lot of things and give you a lot of responsibility. The CEO is very unprofessional and passes you alot of work that is not in your job description, also they never give you a contract so you never feel secure in this role ever.
Pros
close to home
Cons
long hours, less pay, unorganised, poor managment
Do not work for them!
Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester21 July 2017
The worst experience ever.
They don't pay.
They say you'll be paid a certain rate then they pay you less, when They finally pay you (45-60 days later).
They don't respect any agreement, written or verbal.
They don't reply to your emails or phones.
I'm totally sick of them, I hope they will disappear from this market.
Pros
Cons
Everything.
Horrible organisation
Linguistic Recuiter (Former Employee) –  Rochdale8 May 2017
Disorganised management.
Never paid themployment correct amount .
Given false information while working.
Adivce- do not work there. Yu will regret it.
Horrible company.
No ethical values.
Pros
Some nice staff
Cons
Everything. From working like a robot to miss guided. Everything.
Horendous
Bookings Administrator (Former Employee) –  Yorkshire Street28 April 2017
Worst place to work ever! UNETHICAL they treat people worse than cattle. Totally unprofessional - never experienced anything quite like it - avoid at all costs
Pros
Cons
Too many to list!
Interesting workplace
Interpreter/Translator (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire13 April 2017
Being a freelance interpreter can be very challenging.
I have learned to be very organised and communicative.
Management of Language Empire Services Ltd. is very helpful and supportive. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with Czech/Slovak community.
Pros
I can choose working hours according to my needs.
Problems with pay
Interpreter/Translator (Former Employee) –  Manchester5 March 2017
They don't pay on time you need to beg for payments several months. It's like modern day slavery this place need to be shut down
worst interpreting company
Interpreter/Translator (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester5 January 2017
if you look for a job as a BEGGER, then you found the right company. because you have to beg them to pay you for the assignments you did months ago, never waste your time with them
Pros
nothing
Cons
pay after "fighting" with them, ignore payments issues
Alway's late with payment
Translator/Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester3 January 2017
I only started to work for them as I already work for another similar company..I was thinking Ill fill the gap in my free time..
What a mistake... For my first job I had to call them... Then writte email several times and in the end beg for my money..
Other company that I worked for pay me via cheque the next day of assigment... I was shocked how low respect they had towards they staff... Translators who the actually live from.. Shamble... Never again...
Pros
Cons
Bad management, no pay on time... Shamble