Lanes Group PLC Employee Reviews

Nature of the job is great!
planning team manger (Former Employee) –  Thames Valley21 January 2019
No issues with the job itself. In fact it's the nature of the job that has kept me here for this long. Lanes needs to be more fair with opportunities and progression with all the colleagues. Reward people for the hard work that they do. Rather than taking them for granted. Also they need to get rid of the mates culture" and stop giving all the promotions to people who are friends with them. This is very disheartening.
Pros
Time goes quick
Cons
Poor management
Worst company ever worked for.Panes not Lanes..
Hgv Tanker Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Uk6 December 2018
Low morale,long hours,poor pay,poor management.About as useful as a chocolate fireguard.High turmover of staff.What's good about this company is when you see it in your rear view mirror on your way home.Don't go there....
Pros
Cons
Have we got all day???
Great time
Bar Staff (Former Employee) –  Brighton and Hove, East Sussex29 November 2018
Fun workplace environment, great staff and a welcoming atmosphere. Great position for someone looking to gain a start into this industry or gain some valuable workplace experience
Good work balance
Contracts Manager (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow15 November 2018
enjoyable place to work when its going well but when its not directors are very quick to pass the blame rather that help find a solution good equipment and investment in fleet
Excellent work
waste network engineer (Current Employee) –  Chertsey, Surrey10 October 2018
Good place to work, great team mates and management are very hands on and supportive with an open door policy any issues and you will get to see someone strait away. good money had to leave due to relocation.
Pros
shift pattern
Cons
N/a
Good company
HGV Driver / Combi Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Slough8 October 2018
Very good company to work for , equipment desined to do its jobs , trainings and course for particular sort of equipment . Health & Safety at first pleace .
Pros
Perks
Cons
Managment
Please, please, please don't do it!!
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol8 October 2018
Middle and senior management couldn't care less about staff. You are there to used, pure and simply. The poor quality of management means that everyone else gets the blame rather than accepting their own poor standards.Huge admin and sales staff turnover means that many professional builders will not use Lanes as there is no continuity. Very poor morale.
Pros
debatable
Cons
incompetent management will blame everyone bar themselves.
Staff turnover
Planning and Reactive Works Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Slough Trading Estate, Berkshire1 October 2018
Company currently merging with Thames Water Ltd so staff cuts & turnover are high. Staff they have are friendly but a lot of competition between different departments or 'teams' within the company
problem solving
Drainage Engineer (Former Employee) –  Chertsey, Surrey17 September 2018
a good place to work for people who work best on their feet and with their hands. daily challenges are never the same in the drainage industry, weather it be customers or the job tasks itself
Pros
overtime available
Cons
poor middle management
19 September 2018

Thanks for you feedback we are pleased that you enjoyed your time at Lanes and the daily challenges that happen daily when working in a contracting environment.

Ok if you don't have a life
Drainage Engineer (Current Employee) –  Iver12 September 2018
Company pay low wages so that people work overtime, promises of pay rises minimal or never materialise. .management teaam ineffective, lanes operate under the facade that there a good company to work for...sadly this is not the case.
Pros
Lot of overtime
Cons
Management, low pay.
19 September 2018

Thanks very much for your feedback. We hope that you have completed your What matters most survey internal survey with this feedback, to enable us to continue to work towards making improvements.

Good Place to Work
Service Engineer (HGV Driver) (Former Employee) –  Swindon, Wiltshire21 July 2018
Good place to work, management pretty switched on and shifts were decent (4 on - 4 off). If you don't mind working in sewers (It can be pretty messy) it's a great place to work.
Pros
Shifts
Cons
Nature of work (Sewers)
19 September 2018

Thanks for your feedback. We do agree that working in sewers can be quite a challenge and not for the faint hearted.

Unsupportive management
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester16 July 2018
Not the best place to work. Unsupportive management that turns a blind eye instead of dealing with the problem. Very clicky and back biting place to work.
Pros
5pm
Cons
The people
19 September 2018

Thanks for your feedback. We value all feedback and will continue to do the best we can to improve things for all our team members. Changes have already been made to the Eccles site to deal with some of the daily challenges of working in contracting.

Happy Working
Customer Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Slough12 July 2018
My time at Lanes has been the best employment I have had so far. I felt very connected to all levels of management and very relevant to the company. There's a good balance of life and work which makes things very comfortable and I found that working with Lanes gave me the most support in and out of work.
Pros
4 days off. Good management. Engaged.
Cons
Long hours. Have to keep up with change.
19 September 2018

Thank for your feedback and most importantly - we love that you enjoy your role with us. Keep up the good work and we hope that you flourish here at Lanes.

Shocking place to work
Drivers Mate (Current Employee) –  Wolverhampton, West Midlands4 July 2018
Shocking place to work. Stafford department are by far the worst place to work for. Messes your wages up week in week out management havn't got a clue what there doing and scheduling is shocking. Expects you to work on dangerous roads with no tm or chapter 8 my advice would be to avoid the place
Pros
No one cares
19 September 2018

Thank you for your feedback. Good and bad feedback is important to us to address everyones concerns. We hope that some of the issues that you have experienced have been resolved. If you still have concerns please don't hesitate to contact the HR team at our head office in Leeds.

Nice people to work with, but management don't recognise hard workers
Customer Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Slough17 June 2018
Is not about what do you know, but who you know. They promote career progression, however this is not the case. Work environment is good, although there is a high staff turnover
Pros
State of art office
Cons
Hard work is not rewarded
Never work 4 them
Idiot (Former Employee) –  South22 May 2018
In some 15 yrs of management i have never experienced such poor support from line managers..you end up on a 37.5 hr contract then they expect 60 .. 70hrs a week and not pay a penny piece towards that.. they dispose of managers and engineer's as if confetti..

STEER WELL CLEAR
Pros
No lunch break expected
Cons
Stress no support poor HR
Enjoyable work enviornment
Customer Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Slough Trading Estate, Berkshire16 May 2018
management give great help and advice when need be, day to day gives a lot of ability to learn new things within the waste water industry and how to deal with situations as they come. The most enjoyable part of the job is hearing that a troubled customer is happy with the outcome which is provided
Awful place
Customer Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Slough, Berkshire3 May 2018
I worked here as a customer coordinator, probably the worst job I’ve had unsupportive management & very unsupportive staff always bickering and back stabbing eachother, that’s why they have such a high staff turnover
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Bad management & unsupportive
Good people to work with, not very good managment
HGV Class 2 Driver jetting operative (Current Employee) –  Stafford, Staffordshire17 April 2018
Lanes Group has been a good place to work with very good colleagues but managment could be better. there were good perks to the job which included a company vehicle.
Pros
company vehicle
Cons
manager
We Knew What Was Expected
AREA DEVELOPMENT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Swaffham, Norfolk26 March 2018
Very clear management we knew what was expected and how to achieve it. Their was a bit of clash between the "Doer's and those who didn't want to or could not be bothered.
Pros
Aloud just to get on
Cons
Sometimes works schedules clashed

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lanes Group PLC. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9