Lanes Group PLC Employee Reviews

Good Place to Work
Service Engineer (HGV Driver) (Former Employee) –  Swindon, Wiltshire21 July 2018
Good place to work, management pretty switched on and shifts were decent (4 on - 4 off). If you don't mind working in sewers (It can be pretty messy) it's a great place to work.
Pros
Shifts
Cons
Nature of work (Sewers)
Unsupportive management
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester16 July 2018
Not the best place to work. Unsupportive management that turns a blind eye instead of dealing with the problem. Very clicky and back biting place to work.
Pros
5pm
Cons
The people
Happy Working
Customer Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Slough12 July 2018
My time at Lanes has been the best employment I have had so far. I felt very connected to all levels of management and very relevant to the company. There's a good balance of life and work which makes things very comfortable and I found that working with Lanes gave me the most support in and out of work.
Pros
4 days off. Good management. Engaged.
Cons
Long hours. Have to keep up with change.
Shocking place to work
Drivers Mate (Current Employee) –  Wolverhampton, West Midlands4 July 2018
Shocking place to work. Stafford department are by far the worst place to work for. Messes your wages up week in week out management havn't got a clue what there doing and scheduling is shocking. Expects you to work on dangerous roads with no tm or chapter 8 my advice would be to avoid the place
Pros
No one cares
Never work 4 them
Idiot (Former Employee) –  South22 May 2018
In some 15 yrs of management i have never experienced such poor support from line managers..you end up on a 37.5 hr contract then they expect 60 .. 70hrs a week and not pay a penny piece towards that.. they dispose of managers and engineer's as if confetti..

STEER WELL CLEAR
Pros
No lunch break expected
Cons
Stress no support poor HR
Enjoyable work enviornment
Customer Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Slough Trading Estate, Berkshire16 May 2018
management give great help and advice when need be, day to day gives a lot of ability to learn new things within the waste water industry and how to deal with situations as they come. The most enjoyable part of the job is hearing that a troubled customer is happy with the outcome which is provided
Awful place
Customer Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Slough, Berkshire3 May 2018
I worked here as a customer coordinator, probably the worst job I’ve had unsupportive management & very unsupportive staff always bickering and back stabbing eachother, that’s why they have such a high staff turnover
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Bad management & unsupportive
Good people to work with, not very good managment
HGV Class 2 Driver jetting operative (Current Employee) –  Stafford, Staffordshire17 April 2018
Lanes Group has been a good place to work with very good colleagues but managment could be better. there were good perks to the job which included a company vehicle.
Pros
company vehicle
Cons
manager
We Knew What Was Expected
AREA DEVELOPMENT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Swaffham, Norfolk26 March 2018
Very clear management we knew what was expected and how to achieve it. Their was a bit of clash between the "Doer's and those who didn't want to or could not be bothered.
Pros
Aloud just to get on
Cons
Sometimes works schedules clashed
Avoid
N/A (Former Employee) –  UK7 February 2018
working on foul then add on unsociable hours & only 17k basic for London. Think lanes need to get a grip, maybe then they might retain staff
I would never recommend this type of work unless your desperate.
Pros
20% for
Cons
80% against

Want to know more about Lanes Group PLC?

Ask a question
not a bad place to work
Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire10 January 2018
fair pay but no bonus or rewards for hard work no chance to move up the ladder no late nights or weekends or bank hols which is rare these days for an office that does reactive works
Pros
no weekends or bank hols
Cons
no chnace to advance
Energetic & Fast paced
Team Manager (Current Employee) –  Slough, Berkshire9 January 2018
I have been working for Lanes Group for a total of 3 years now.What I love about my job is the interactions I have with different sectors of the business as we work on behalf of Thames water at the new CSC building in Slough. I absolutely love the fact I have to manage people as I always want to see people develop, and to have an input in their growth and personal development really gives me self satisfaction. There are a few obstacles in the way and given the environment we work in, employee motivation is key as I mange a team on a 4 on 4 off shift pattern and working 12 hours is not an easy task to say the least. Fortunately I have always been a people person and find it relatively easy to garner peoples trust and have them perform at the company standard. No day is the same at Lanes which is why I have worked here for 3 years now; but I feel a change is required to better develop my own skill set.
Pros
My team
Cons
Hours of work
Lions lead by monkeys
HGV 2 Driver (Current Employee) –  Slough Trading Estate, Berkshire29 December 2017
Very poor training , illegal use of hydrants , hygiene of trucks is disgusting, low pay ,abusive boss , pressure to work long hours with no notice . They want you to take your time on jobs so they can charge customers more money .i would not recommend working here .
Pros
Uniform
Cons
Branch manager is very rude and unapproachable, payslips online, holiday booking online .
Not the best to work for.
HGV Driver (Former Employee) –  Monton, Greater Manchester3 December 2017
I worked for lanes in Monton, Salford, the job was ok at first, but slowly went down hill. There are some fair members of management and staff and some who are not. Safety is something you have to look out for as some staff will compromise your safety. I myself had a near miss that could have been fatal . I left after 8 months as you don’t have a home life. Start time , but no finish time. You could be working 19 hours easy. Pay was good, but you do the hours so it would be.
Pros
Good wages.
Cons
Long hours, away from home without good notice. Some colleagues like to try and bully.
Just horrible, leave this one alone.
Operations Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire24 November 2017
The sheer volume of vacancies should tell you something!
A thoroughly nasty experience not to be repeated, don’t leave a secure job to work here.
Value yourself higher than this.
Pros
You really will learn how not to treat people.
Cons
If you are on call they will never leave you to rest.
Lanes group
Hgv jetvac driver (Current Employee) –  Stafford, Staffordshire25 October 2017
I've worked for lanes for over a year and it's the worse job I've ever had. The management don't care about your safety they don't supply you with the correct ppe and mess about with your wages. My advice would be to avoid the place
Not sociable hours and home life
Waste engineer (Current Employee) –  North east london11 October 2017
Job is ok
Unsocoiable hours for family life
Typical day going round to people homes to unblock drains (sewers) checking the drain mapping system to see where they go
Good
Drainage engineer (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London19 September 2017
Good place to work really nice company good work ethics, nice people to work for and it's quite relaxed it's not too harsh working and flexible working hours
Pros
Good money
Cons
Good place to work a lot of variety of things to do
Drainage Engineer (Current Employee) –  Surrey / London10 September 2017
Very good company to work for with lots of nice people working in the field of operations and management and staff in the offices . Thumbs up !!!!!!!!
Pros
Can earn good money if you would like to move up the ladder
Cons
Can be long hrs 12hrs to 15 hrs maximum
Aweful dont bother!
Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  Crosness24 August 2017
I worked as a main contractor who employed lanes as there leading sub contractor. They are terrible at letting clients down terrible at letting there customers down and treat there work force like cattle! Alot of there staff are poorly trained and poorly paid making there work force have very little enthusiasm and very little reason to actually do a good job. Management have very little experience in drainage nor customer relation nor man management all in all I would not recommend this company to any body nor contractor!!
Pros
Little or none!!
Cons
Mostly if not all!!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lanes Group PLC. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8