LAND REGISTRY Employee Reviews

Offering so much more than the private sector
HR Advisor (Current Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire14 August 2018
Very happy in my position at HM Land Registry, offering a supportive management team and friendly place to work with great benefits including civil service pension, flexible hours and a team of great people around you to work with! Would happily recommend to others.
Pros
Flexible hours, team culture, friendly & supportive environment
Cons
N/a
Good benefits, stagnant progression.
Reporting Officer. (Current Employee) –  Swansea, Wales.19 July 2017
As a civil servant you get the perks of flexible working, overtime and fair holidays. However, the progression opportunities are limited and the application to progress is competency based which does not give a true reflection of people's skills and strengths.
Pros
Flexible working hours.
Cons
Stagnant managers.
Local government admin job
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Swansea15 July 2017
I thought I had a job for life but was made redundant I learnt administration customer service and the job was flexible hours of work I also enjoyed the diversity and culture of the office work and staff
Pros
Flexi hours
Cons
Redundancy
Does not consider the staff
Caseworker (Former Employee) –  Midlands3 May 2017
Constantly changing direction and tactics before the prior one has had an opportunity to 'bed in' and see if it actually worked. Not allowed to give legal advise but legal professions want us to tell them how to do their job for half the wage.
Pros
Some roles have the option to do evening and weekend overtime if you want to
Cons
All they care is about is how many units you have done, not how their processes impact on you doing those units.
fun work place
Web Editor (Former Employee) –  Croydon, Greater London20 February 2017
As well as working hard and getting your head down, theres always a fun side, during your break you could use the free gym provided at the top of the building, or sit and relax in the cafeteria, maybe watch some television or play a game of pool, really enjoyed doing work experience here and would love to work there in the future.
Pros
free gym and cafeteria
Cons
no cons at all
a most enjoyable position.
Filing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, UK23 January 2017
i enjoyed the whole process of file management. i worked with an excellent team of colleagues, and found the whole experience very rewarding.
Pros
great working conditions.
Cons
travelling conditions.
Quiet work place
Cleaner in offices (Former Employee) –  Gloucester1 August 2016
It's just a normal quiet day at work, cleaning and tidying. Time goes quick when your there and the staff there were friendly.
Pros
Money
Cons
Quiet
Very Good
Purchase Ledger Clerk (Former Employee) –  London, ENG2 July 2015
Another role which was initially temporary and I was taken on as a permanent member of staff and awarded temp of the month due to going above the job requirements when temping.
Pros
Flexi time
Cons
Not enough variety
Fun workplace
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Plymouth21 April 2015
Co-workers are brilliant, I've learn COSHH here and I'd recommenced to anybody. Staff at reception are very friendly and polite, as are the other workers. Facilities are good.
A good place to work
Legal Administrative Officer (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ENG25 October 2013
A varied day with opportunities to learn new skills and good promotion openings. worked in teams with people with different skills etc to achieve an excellent customer service and product to the clients internally and externally.
Pros
flexi hours
Government Agency
Senior Executive Officer - Retired (Former Employee) –  Telford, ENG10 October 2013
A small but important department providing certainty of tenure of legal estates in land within the provisions of the Land Registration Acts and Rules. Taking into account common law, equitable law and the many laws enacted by parliament which affects land ownership.

I enjoyed several roles over the years..
Technical - resolution of imperfections in title, disputes and problem solving as part of a team of experts. Real satisfaction.
Management - working as team leader for up to 70 staff providing technical and career development, appraisal, grievance, managing attendance, discipline...while organising teams to meat production targets - financial, accuracy and time..and still being able to have friends at all levels.

I was frustrated when dealing with red tape and ineffective managers but equally happy to be given freedom to operate when working with enlightened managers!

I enjoyed meeting or beating targets by being clever and working with people getting the best out of them rather than on the backs of staff. I also enjoyed bringing people on and giving them confidence in their own abilities.
Pros
Regular pay and good pension
Cons
relatively low pay for skills gained.
Fun Work Place
Temporary trainee clerical (Former Employee) –  Swansea, WLS9 October 2013
Temporary trainee clerical /admin assistant responsible for scanning and photocopying maps and deeds and the collation and filing of documents in relation to same. Worked as part of an established team and had to communicate regularly with other internal departments to ensure the accuracy of the work I was undertaking.
Pros
Working Hours
Cons
Job Security
Rewarding job satisfaction
Re2 Filing clerk. (Former Employee) –  Pensnett Trading Estate12 September 2012
Sorting daily post,collating files,distribution around file stores, pulling files and sending them out to customers.Leant to use computer to work as a team member and at times as a individual.good working relationship with management.Worked well within the team of my co-workers.Making sure the correct files were dispatched.Job satisfaction and working with my work colleagues.
Pros
flexi time, good pay, and holidays.
Cons
na
the land registry was a pleasent hard working enviroment
Reprographic operator (Former Employee) –  Holburn, central london17 July 2012
The Land Registry was proffesional and hard working with a pleasent atmosphere, enjoyed my time there learnt new skills and made new friends and was sad to leave when made redundent in 2010
Pros
flexi hours
Cons
working underground