Lancaster University Employee Reviews

Excellent cleaning job with great pay and benefits
Facilities cleaner (Current Employee) –  Lancaster26 March 2019
Excellent company to work for. The pay is above average for a cleaner. Full sick pay after 3 months. Great holiday entitlement with all bank holidays off with pay. Supervisors are friendly and respectful and give lots of training. You trusted to be left to get on with your work in the knowledge that the supervisor is always at the end of the phone if needed and will come once a week to talk about any issues and give feedback on the job. Cleaning supplies are always topped up once a week and you always have everything you need to do your job.
Pros
Good pay, good holidays, good sick pay, understanding management
Cons
Strict rules with regards to contracted hours
Friendly Environment, Always Very Supportive
International Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, Lancashire11 February 2019
One of the most relaxed environment i have ever worked in. I actually loved going to work. The people around were extremely nice and supportive. I never had any issues with anything. I loved the fact that my opinions were always valued
Pros
Friendly collegues
Productive & enjoyable
Knowledge Exchange Claims Officer (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, United Kingdom8 January 2019
Working for the Lancaster University is challenging but very productive and each day is different, I enjoy working for a very respectable and liked University.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
N/a
Good routine and pay.
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Lancaster University29 October 2018
Days can be repetitive and lonely since you woke on your on most of the day however, hours are fantastic and pay is great. All holidays are given off and pay on weekends is time and a half or double.
Good institution for learning and finding opportunities
Student/TV station worker (Former Employee) –  Lancaster22 August 2018
Very friendly and helpful staff, course quality is astoundingly good as are the lecturers that teach and create them. The university is incredibly resourceful and allowed me to learn a lot about film-making and television through both my course and extra-curriculum activities.
Pros
Good people, good facilities, etc.
Cons
N/a
Mostly about money and management.
Health and safety officer boxing society (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, Lancashire21 August 2018
As a student I was another cog in the engine, job opportunities were in a highly competitive environment, to be expected. I learnt that it's not all about money but heart. I put a lot of heart into my society work and in generating a good environment for members.
Learnt Valuable skills
Departmental Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Lancaster28 July 2018
Easy to balance work and studying as hours were flexible.
Pushed me out of my comfort zone and made me more confident from it
Hourly rate was really good
A rewarding job
Pros
Pay
Cons
Minimal hours
A good place to work
Senior Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Lancaster University6 July 2018
it is good place for people looking for working on flexible hours.
work on contract mostly for researchers, academics are on permanent contract. 1 23
The hardest part of my job
Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, Lancashire4 July 2018
Not feeling fully involved in the Lancaster work life. Not feeling opportunities are there for me to progress. Not being able to develop skills and progress in my career.
Amazing opportunity
Careers Intern (Former Employee) –  Lancashire14 June 2018
As a third year student the opportunities and experience I gained whilst working at Lancaster University in the careers department was invaluable and has helped me develop a career beyond study.
fantastic Univeristy
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lancaster3 June 2018
I enjoyed every second of my time at Lancaster University. Lab supervisor is a very kind and understanding human being. Easy going and a pleasure to work with
wonderful employer
Senior Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Lancashire1 June 2018
It is one of the best universities to work at. The people are very friendly, the campus is so well located. You can easily have a great work/life balance
Productive workplace
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lancaster3 February 2018
During my time at Lancaster University I enrolled as a teaching assistant in different courses and labs. I should like to say that I enjoyed every moment of the work with fantastic, open minded people.
Good Culture
Careers and Employment Consultant, HR (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, Lancashire10 December 2017
Good institution with a commended teaching framework and fantastic student community. Rewarding to work with motivated undergraduates and postgraduates.
fun
water polo assistant coach (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, Lancashire15 November 2017
Usually the most common enjoyable part I found within all the organisations was having the chance to work as a team with different employees to build team chemistry and also to make friends. Even though there were a lot of difficulties for some of the teams I worked for we still managed to get on perfectly and get tasks done efficiently by having the desire of learning new things. I reflected about team work as my university have also focused on how to build the perfect team as I believe that team work is not about getting more tasks down it's more about reducing the amount of mistakes done throughout the process of the task.
Pros
reducing errors + more efficient
Cons
some people may feel left out
Nice place to work and study
Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, Lancashire28 September 2017
The University has very welcoming people and they have a nice culture. I enjoyed working there. Colleagues were really supporting and worked as a team.
graduate Student life
Full time MSc in Information Management student (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, Lancashire6 September 2017
Fantastic university to pursue post graduate studies. I was a student not an employee of this reputable university. The staff cared for their student and the research was top notch.
Pros
Highly educated professors
A lot of fun
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, Lancashire3 September 2017
Focus on the company and your individual experience while employed there
Provide reasons for why you liked or disliked working at the company
Ensure any facts you include in your review are true and accurate
Brilliant place to work
HR Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lancaster2 August 2017
Enjoyed my time at Lancaster University HR as all my colleagues were friendly. Facilities are brilliant also, as the Uni is like a mini town.
challenging
College Sports Representative (Former Employee) –  lanacster29 July 2017
This was an elected role for only one person at the Universiy. It was enjoyable, challeneing, yet rewarding also. If you go the uni I would recommend it

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lancaster University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4