Lancaster City Council Employee Review

View all Lancaster City Council reviews

Working for your community, even in the office.
Performance Team Support Officer (Former Employee) –  Lancaster15 April 2014
The most important part of local government is working for your community, and it's something which is intrinsic to everything that happens at Lancaster City Council.
Customer Service and professional, effective and efficient services are what the council aims to provide, and this is what the organisation strives for.
Performance management, Project and Programme management and business planning I have learnt are key elements in effective local government.
Strong communication pathways travelling up, down and across the organisation are key to maintaining a cohesive, motivated and productive workforce.
I have enjoyed working within teams and on my own, working as a PA to a senior manager and office manager with a number of teams, and being given the change to develop skills in communication, community engagement, project management and support.
Pros
Flexi-time, good pension
Cons
Uncertain future

Other Lancaster City Council Employee Reviews

Good
Various Positions (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, Lancashire26 September 2019
The staff were friendly and helpful. I enjoyed working in different departments. I made lifetime friends in the Council. The managers were all fair and encouraging. Overall a good place to work.
Particular job required my skills
Security Manager (Former Employee) –  Contractor28 August 2019
Was there to fix a particular issue so was only around for about 3 weeks. Lovely people, good working environment. Always felt welcome and people only too happy to help someone new in town. The food was amazing also.