Lancaster City Council

Lancaster City Council Employee Reviews in Lancaster

Lancaster10 reviews
The staff were friendly and helpful. I enjoyed working in different departments. I made lifetime friends in the Council. The managers were all fair and encouraging. Overall a good place to work.
Too many middle managers all trying to do things their way. Not enough staff hours to do the jobs required as too much of the budget taken by padding out middle management positions.
Constantly changing the job role and responsibilities allows additional jobs but never gave us more hours to do the work.
Pros
Fairly easy to fit around child care neefs
Cons
Too many cheifs not enough Indians.
a good organisation to work for. Flexible working, good access to training opportunities and very supportive managers.

salaries are okay and staff benefits are good
I worked with some amazing people, I went to work happy and I genuinely cannot imagine a better place to work. Unfortunatelly had to leave due to moving to another city, otherwise I would have stayed.
As part of the role as a leisure assistant, you have to supervise and ensure the safety of the public in a swimming pool, prevent and respond to emergencies. You have to constantly be alert and act immediately and appropriately to ensure the safety of the public in the event of an emergency. You need to be able
to provide emergency treatment and care as required until the arrival of the emergency services. You also have to maintain a professional appearance and attitude at all times, as well as maintain a high standard of customer service. As part of the job, you also have to perform various maintenance and house- keeping duties to ensure a clean and safe facility. Being a lifeguard also required you to complete on- going training once a month. This involves keeping up to date with first aid training, maintaining CPR standards and using a defibrillator.
Making Lancaster look better ,more greener,tidy and safer ,cutting grass in all Lancaster schools,( included Morecambe,Heysham,Carnforth) also cutting hedges.
This job is allowing me to put into practice everything that I have learned during my studies.
My work involves independently working to achieve a target goal as set within the department,
i had enjoyed lcc and in fact worked there on 2 occasions but after breaking my leg i felt unsupported and eventually left
Pros
job security
Cons
unsympathetic management
The most important part of local government is working for your community, and it's something which is intrinsic to everything that happens at Lancaster City Council.
Customer Service and professional, effective and efficient services are what the council aims to provide, and this is what the organisation strives for.

Performance management, Project and Programme management and business planning I have learnt are key elements in effective local government.

Strong communication pathways travelling up, down and across the organisation are key to maintaining a cohesive, motivated and productive workforce.

I have enjoyed working within teams and on my own, working as a PA to a senior manager and office manager with a number of teams, and being given the change to develop skills in communication, community engagement, project management and support.
Pros
Flexi-time, good pension
Cons
Uncertain future
cleaning to a high standard in all area,s offices,clinical rooms,doctors room and nurse also offices and men and ladies toilets

learned and trained to use a buffer machine

worked in a 2 man team working together to enable all the jobs where done and completed on a daily or monthly cleaning rota
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lancaster City Council. Our community is ready to answer.
Lancaster City Council Reviews by Location