Lancaster City Council Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Fantastic place to work
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Morecambe, Lancashire30 November 2017
Team all work well together not just work colleagues but friends. Enjoy evenings out together have fantastic managers who are very supportive and approachable. All in all a great place to work.
Has its pros and cons
Joiner (Former Employee) –  Lancastet18 November 2017
Work colleagues are great to work with, pension and holidays are great.

Management are useless always pass the buck, never take responsibility, you do 80% of there work. Pay is shocking for a tradesman takes you 6 yrs + to reach top of pay grade. A driver with no qualifications or skills is on the same pay scale as a qualified joiner, who took 3 yrs training to learn his trade.
Pros
Pension, holidays, work colleagues
Cons
Pay is shocking for a tradesman
Professional and enjoyable.
Assistant Conservation Officer (Current Employee) –  Lancaster24 April 2015
This job is allowing me to put into practice everything that I have learned during my studies.
My work involves independently working to achieve a target goal as set within the department,
lcc
gardener (Former Employee) –  lancaster11 January 2015
i had enjoyed lcc and in fact worked there on 2 occasions but after breaking my leg i felt unsupported and eventually left
Pros
job security
Cons
unsympathetic management
Working for your community, even in the office.
Performance Team Support Officer (Former Employee) –  Lancaster15 April 2014
The most important part of local government is working for your community, and it's something which is intrinsic to everything that happens at Lancaster City Council.
Customer Service and professional, effective and efficient services are what the council aims to provide, and this is what the organisation strives for.
Performance management, Project and Programme management and business planning I have learnt are key elements in effective local government.
Strong communication pathways travelling up, down and across the organisation are key to maintaining a cohesive, motivated and productive workforce.
I have enjoyed working within teams and on my own, working as a PA to a senior manager and office manager with a number of teams, and being given the change to develop skills in communication, community engagement, project management and support.
Pros
Flexi-time, good pension
Cons
Uncertain future
cleaning
Building maintenance cleaner (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, ENG15 January 2014
cleaning to a high standard in all area,s offices,clinical rooms,doctors room and nurse also offices and men and ladies toilets

learned and trained to use a buffer machine

worked in a 2 man team working together to enable all the jobs where done and completed on a daily or monthly cleaning rota