Lancashire County Council Pay & Benefits reviews

Professionall Organisation
Contracts Manager Area East Grounds Services (Former Employee) –  Whalley4 September 2018
I joined the Organisation and Financially the contract was in the Red each year. After Two years I showed a Profit and The workforce increased by 12 extra staff in summer. During My Time with LCES
they helped me attain A Post Graduate Certificate In Management.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Council Cuts Forced Early Retirement.
Good company to work for
Business Support Officer (Current Employee) –  Chorley11 August 2018
Productive and supportive company to work for. Good management and good salary. Always able to support and help their employees with anything. Good range of training available.
Nothing to say
Class Teacher (Current Employee) –  Fylde Coast, Lancashire9 June 2018
I have not worked for many other councils but I have found that to get anything processed it was slow and rather long winded to get anything confirmed.
Cons
Long hours, slow admin
Good place overall
Unit Catering Manager (Current Employee) –  Bacup10 March 2018
Good job security and nice people to work with. Managers are very supportive. The salary is enough for the work that you do, good for people with young children to fit around holidays.
Great place to work, challeging and good career
Executive Assistant to Director (Current Employee) –  Preston, Lancashire18 February 2018
I have been at LCC 18 years, in that time I have enjoyed working for the Cabinet Members and senior officials, they have a great workplace culture and allow people to develop their personnel careers. The most enjoyable part of the job has been working with the Leadership team and how they empower you to do your best.
Pros
Salary / Holidays
Not brilliant - but may have been where I worked
Business Support Officer (Former Employee) –  Preston2 August 2017
In the beginning it was good, but the pay wasn't brilliant, employee benefits weren't brilliant either. My last manager was a qualified primary school teacher which often showed. The head of service was incompetent, and later wasn't successful when interviewing for her job and the grade below!! Too many restructures and relocation. But it may have just been the department I worked in.
Excellent employer lots of benefits, the pay could be better but worth it for some of the perks.
Business Administrator (Former Employee) –  Preston, Lancashire20 June 2017
Although I may have disagreed with management a few times, overall the team spirit was good, flexi time and the occasional overtime was great and if your based in Preston it is very easy to get too.
Enjoyable
Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Bamber Bridge14 November 2016
I enjoy working here, it is flexible and the pay is good! It is easily accessible for public transport and local enough to the city centre............
Good Job
Teaching Assistant Level 2 (Former Employee) –  Preston26 October 2016
Enjoy working as a teaching assistant but the pay is not representative of all the work done by staff especially in specialist schools when compared to main stream
Pros
Low pay
Best-run Council in the country in my opinion.
Clerical Officer Scale (Former Employee) –  Preston1 March 2016
My role was admin based and I spoke to many people within the office as it was open-plan and was encouraged to do so. This - in turn - built up confidence, as some of the staff were higher up the food-chain, so-to-speak but they needed me as much as I needed them (for my work) so we all got on well. My job was computer-based with a lot of numerical inputting, something I was praised over, as not many cheques were incorrect. My co-workers within the smaller admin unit were great to get along with but I believe the unit itself has now disbanded to a certain extent as there have been many changes since I left for Cumbria. That is the only gripe I have with Councils in general as changes are made without much say by the lowly workers at the bottom!
Pros
Despite me not driving it was easy to get there by train
Cons
None I can think of
Overall fantastic place to work
Apprentice Business Support Officer (Former Employee) –  Preston3 January 2016
Overall great place to work, good pension scheme, many benefits such as staff discounts at a number of locations. I thoroughly enjoyed my time as an apprentice and my manager was fantastic. The only downside at the moment is that due to the budget cuts there is no job security or progression opportunities.
Pros
staff benefits, pension, good salary, relaxed environment
Cons
job security
Very Productive
Administration Work (Volunteer) (Former Employee) –  Preston, ENG17 November 2015
As it was only work experience I received no salary and I am not aware of the job security but from my time there I found it very challenging with the variety of tasks which I did and the working environment was nice. The friendly colleagues also made the time go by quickly and always helped me when neccessary
Pros
Fair lunch break, friendly staff
good to work for
mobile cleaner (Current Employee) –  Blackburn, ENG1 August 2015
not enough hours only contract you to so many petrol is payed in ours and not in pence per mile, working on your own, lots of driving some months very little work
Preductive work place
Community Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Preston, ENG19 December 2014
I assist individuals with a variety of duties when needed and in doing so show the individual dignity, privacy and independence. I provide personal and practical care for persons with a range of illnesses, thus assisting individuals with getting up in the morning, dressing, undressing and personal care when needed. I help clients with mobility problems, physical disability and learning difficulties. I also help care and support persons who are dying by administering medication or ordering from pharmacy, helping individuals to access the community where I am in regular contact with public services as and when needed. I work on a daily basis with families too as I feel it’s important that the individual and family have a close relationship, feel valued and have a voice. I have always maintained an exceptional level of competence and been praised by my senior managers and families for this and for my professional approach. Whilst in this role I have on many occasions had to find courage in some exceptionally distressing situations for the families of the clients that I have cared for in supported living, one of these being a client suffering Cirrhosis of the liver, guiding them through difficult times by being able to communicate and explain different stages of the seriousness of the illness in a manner with which they felt comforted by.
Pros
clients having a gd night when on Nights or Days
Cons
unsocible hours
brilliant
Casual cleaner (Current Employee) –  Haslingden, ENG21 November 2014
Management is excellent, "Dez" is a legend, you get free food, excellent hourly rate of £6 for under 18's.
I work for Lancashire County Council in the Public Sector
Finance Assistant (Current Employee) –  Preston, ENG1 February 2014
I assist with the accurate and timely payment of monies for Service Users accessing the Direct Payments Scheme, including maintenance of data within corporate financial systems and the undertaking of general clerical/administration work.

I input data to IT and other recording systems along with the collection and collation of statistics and other Management Information.

I act as primary point of contact for Service Users or their Representatives and liase with Partner Agencies and Advice Centres to provide assistance and support to Service Users accessing the Direct Payments Scheme or similar services available within the remit of the County Treasurers Payments Office.

I liase with Service Users or their Representatives to resolve payment anomalies, also deal with routine queries and liase with colleagues within the Payments Team, operational staff within the County Council to advise of Service Users requests, concerns etc and signpost where appropriate to points of contact in response to their needs.

I assist with the introduction of new payment systems, liasing with Service Users, outside brokers and external organisations to offer advice and assistance when required.
Pros
I have job security with a final salary pension
Cons
Management Structure - too much "red tape"