Lancashire County Council Employee Reviews

Great staff and pupils
HLTA (Former Employee) –  Preston14 October 2018
Although hard work and challenging daily thoroughly enjoyed my years at the 2 schools I worked in. A rewarding and fulfilling job. Also opportunities to progress career and access training.
Pros
Pension benefits, holidays
Cons
Fixed holidays, more hours than paid for but that's the nature of the job
Unsupportive management
kichen assistant (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, Lancashire29 September 2018
Loved working In the school, it’s hard work and have to manage your time well. Colleagues friendly and good team spirit. The job was spoilt and is made Unnecessarily stressful by the underlining bullying culture from management team.
Not very professional , not “do as I do” but, “do as I say” attitude. I’m supprised not a higher staff turn over.
Pros
School holidays, friendly colleagues.
Cons
Lots of lifting, manual handling
Don't work there if you are a smoker
Multiskilled Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Accrington17 September 2018
Job was ok. I was dealing with many different departments including Libraries and Blue Badge applications to Social Care. The colleagues were good and it seemed to be going well until I applied to go full time. I was misadvised and went into the interview saying all the wrong things. I had no interest in wanting to work in social care full time and was instantly overlooked for saying this at the interview. Eyes were constantly on you especially when trying to sneak out for a ciggy. It's the Council for God sake theres more departments than just social care that I could've fit into and I am a very warm and friendly advisor. Tut tut
Pros
Variety of work
Cons
Too strict
Like people more, hate drivers more
School Crossing Patrol (Current Employee) –  Lancashire12 September 2018
In this job you have to do one morning and one afternoon shift that will last around 40 minutes, its an easy job but comes with some cons, one such con is that it takes your day away from you, yes you can still do things and go out but you're constantly looking at clocks and watches to make sure you're back for your afternoon shift, its not the worst thing in the world but its a little mind draining.

The parents and children that cross are some lovely people and theres a sense of fulfilment and good vibes doing the job.

Drivers of cars range dramatically from good normal drivers to people who seem bent on vehicular manslaughter, I have had to dodge a few vehicles that have either not seen the brightly lit 6 foot person or are blatantly trying to hit me, as well as the people not paying attention despite being in a 2 tonne vehicle that can kill people

Overall despite the horrendous acts caused by drivers and the time issues with the shifts the job is easy and like previously stated the people are quite enjoyable too which makes it a pretty good job if you're just looking for a little bit of money and something to take up your time.
Pros
Paid holidays
Cons
Drivers are morons
Difficult and Demanding role.
Young People's Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Burnley, Lancashire20 August 2018
Lesson planning for 1-1 support for all my young people on my caseload, maximum 20 young people.

Reviewing the caseload, working alongside agencies, organising meetings, writing reports and making sure the young people are safe.

I have learned how to look after young people who come from very difficult backgrounds and present challenging behaviours, working through their issues I was able to support their transition into adult life.

The hardest part of the job was not being able to give enough time to work with the young people, the support that was offered was only 12 weeks, I found this difficult because it can sometimes take weeks just for them to trust you, before you begin any work.

The most enjoyable part is seeing the young people move on and become confident to help themselves.
Pros
supporting young people
Cons
difficult cases and no support
can be stressful
RESIDENTIAL MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Lancashire19 August 2018
Lancashire County Council focuses on good quality child care and the managers of the children's homes are very committed to providing excellent quality child care. The support and understanding of Senior managers can be difficult and problematic as the priority is to keep the homes full.
Pros
good working relationships between managers.
Cons
Inppopriate placements made into the children's homes.
Good company to work for
Business Support Officer (Current Employee) –  Chorley11 August 2018
Productive and supportive company to work for. Good management and good salary. Always able to support and help their employees with anything. Good range of training available.
Woking with kids
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Preston, Lancashire1 August 2018
Love my 3 jobs but would like maybe2 more I have got lots of excellent report and good word if u did give a a job a world love the it I have look after kids hair dresser cleaner
Pros
Done it
committed to ED&C
Mentor - Pastoral (Current Employee) –  Lancashire30 June 2018
Supportive working environment. Committed to Equality and Diversity. There are excellent promotional prospects and progression. Flexible working hours.
Pros
Support
Cons
non
Was only there a few days on work experience
Dog Warden/Wolfwood Kennels (Former Employee) –  Lancashire25 June 2018
Drove around in a van
Helped identify dog waste
Employees were nice and friendly
Helped with any questions i had
Helped me learn new skills and key information that was needed
fun workplace
Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Lancashire21 June 2018
Lancashire County Council is a great place to work, staff are very welcoming and there to assist support if needed. very friendly workforce and would highly recommend them
Supportive environment
Student Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Preston16 June 2018
I had a positive experience as a student within this organisation, I was always well supported. I had a wealth of learning opportunities and was always working in a comfortable environment.
Office Administrator
NVQ L2 Apprenticeship (Business Administration) (Former Employee) –  Preston, Lancashire15 June 2018
I was working with a certificate team where they produce birth, death and marriage certificates. It was a good place to work and gain some experience in dealing with customers who come to order certificates for themselves or family history. It was a year apprenticeship for an NVQ Level 2 in Administration
working
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Accrington, Lancashire13 June 2018
good for experience
working hard
telephone communication skills
different computer systems
different training techniques and skills learnt
learnt alot.
Dolphinlee House: Good salary, awful management
Care assistant (Former Employee) –  Lancaster13 June 2018
This place is wonderful if you're a person who is willing to put up with b*tchy staff with childish conflicts occurring daily. If you can put your head down and just focus on your clients then this is an amazing place to work, I have gotten to know each and every resident here, and everyone who comes through the rehab units. It's just such a shame so many of the staff are so childish- especially the management!! Disorganised and rude.
Pros
Good wage, amazing clients
Cons
Horrendous management
Nothing to say
Class Teacher (Current Employee) –  Fylde Coast, Lancashire9 June 2018
I have not worked for many other councils but I have found that to get anything processed it was slow and rather long winded to get anything confirmed.
Cons
Long hours, slow admin
Executive Assistant
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Preston, Lancashire2 May 2018
I enjoy providing administrative support to the Assistant Heads of service which included diary management and data requirements. I enjoyed the work of a Personal Assistant by carrying out specialist responsibilities using systems and technologies.
Ex Service Learning Mentor
Ex Service Learning Mentor (Former Employee) –  Preston, Lancashire1 May 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed my time working with Lancashire County Council. the training that was provided was done so to a really high standard. My manager was always really supportive and understanding. I would happily take up another position working with Lancashire County Council.
Pros
Training Provided, travel expenses and supportive
Welfare Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rossendale12 April 2018
Really enjoyed my time at school started out as welfare expanded into special needs children of which there were 3 really good until they left and had to have male carers
Pros
% mins away
Cons
a varied and exciting work place
Grants Support Officer (Former Employee) –  Preston, Lancashire5 April 2018
Good to work for, flexible and understanding. Challenging and exciting, supportive and helpful. Excellent training opportunities. Flexible working times is a real benefit to fitting in appointments which enables you to get your working hours done more effectively.
Pros
flexi-time