Lancashire County Council Employee Reviews

Was only there a few days on work experience
Dog Warden/Wolfwood Kennels (Former Employee) –  Lancashire25 June 2018
Drove around in a van
Helped identify dog waste
Employees were nice and friendly
Helped with any questions i had
Helped me learn new skills and key information that was needed
fun workplace
Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Lancashire21 June 2018
Lancashire County Council is a great place to work, staff are very welcoming and there to assist support if needed. very friendly workforce and would highly recommend them
Supportive environment
Student Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Preston16 June 2018
I had a positive experience as a student within this organisation, I was always well supported. I had a wealth of learning opportunities and was always working in a comfortable environment.
Office Administrator
NVQ L2 Apprenticeship (Business Administration) (Former Employee) –  Preston, Lancashire15 June 2018
I was working with a certificate team where they produce birth, death and marriage certificates. It was a good place to work and gain some experience in dealing with customers who come to order certificates for themselves or family history. It was a year apprenticeship for an NVQ Level 2 in Administration
working
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Accrington, Lancashire13 June 2018
good for experience
working hard
telephone communication skills
different computer systems
different training techniques and skills learnt
learnt alot.
Dolphinlee House: Good salary, awful management
Care assistant (Former Employee) –  Lancaster13 June 2018
This place is wonderful if you're a person who is willing to put up with b*tchy staff with childish conflicts occurring daily. If you can put your head down and just focus on your clients then this is an amazing place to work, I have gotten to know each and every resident here, and everyone who comes through the rehab units. It's just such a shame so many of the staff are so childish- especially the management!! Disorganised and rude.
Pros
Good wage, amazing clients
Cons
Horrendous management
Nothing to say
Class Teacher (Current Employee) –  Fylde Coast, Lancashire9 June 2018
I have not worked for many other councils but I have found that to get anything processed it was slow and rather long winded to get anything confirmed.
Cons
Long hours, slow admin
Executive Assistant
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Preston, Lancashire2 May 2018
I enjoy providing administrative support to the Assistant Heads of service which included diary management and data requirements. I enjoyed the work of a Personal Assistant by carrying out specialist responsibilities using systems and technologies.
Ex Service Learning Mentor
Ex Service Learning Mentor (Former Employee) –  Preston, Lancashire1 May 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed my time working with Lancashire County Council. the training that was provided was done so to a really high standard. My manager was always really supportive and understanding. I would happily take up another position working with Lancashire County Council.
Pros
Training Provided, travel expenses and supportive
Welfare Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rossendale12 April 2018
Really enjoyed my time at school started out as welfare expanded into special needs children of which there were 3 really good until they left and had to have male carers
Pros
% mins away
Cons
a varied and exciting work place
Grants Support Officer (Former Employee) –  Preston, Lancashire5 April 2018
Good to work for, flexible and understanding. Challenging and exciting, supportive and helpful. Excellent training opportunities. Flexible working times is a real benefit to fitting in appointments which enables you to get your working hours done more effectively.
Pros
flexi-time
fun to work for brilliant company
Office Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Leyland27 March 2018
day to day work was good i worked on my own as well as part of a team i learn how to use cleaning products and learned how to worked fast paced really enjoyed working for this company i would defiantly go back i cleaned many bulidings and all with this company friendly people
Cons
over time offered
Productive and fun place to work
Primary School Assistant (Former Employee) –  Helmshore21 March 2018
Working in sectors which are run by Lancashire county coucil is brilliant, so organised. I loved going on my work placements knowing i had enjoyable work to get on with. Management was fabulous, very helpful and always there if you need help with anything.
enjoyable
Community Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lancashire20 March 2018
i thoroughly enjoyed my time working for the council. i would have loved to continue had i not relocated to another country. it was both challenging yet rewarding at the same time
Good place overall
Unit Catering Manager (Current Employee) –  Bacup10 March 2018
Good job security and nice people to work with. Managers are very supportive. The salary is enough for the work that you do, good for people with young children to fit around holidays.
Great place to work, challeging and good career
Executive Assistant to Director (Current Employee) –  Preston, Lancashire18 February 2018
I have been at LCC 18 years, in that time I have enjoyed working for the Cabinet Members and senior officials, they have a great workplace culture and allow people to develop their personnel careers. The most enjoyable part of the job has been working with the Leadership team and how they empower you to do your best.
Pros
Salary / Holidays
Cons
Really nice to work for fun productive and the staff and management are very helpful and a joy to work alongside.
Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee) –  Burnley8 February 2018
I started work at 11am - 1.30pm a typical day would be helping wash up after food preperation and then getting the hatch ready to serve the school children there lunches.The workplace was easy going and the staff and management very kind and helpfull you were never just thrown into a job you wasn't sure about it was always explained and shown to you completely before hand. The hardest part of the job was cleaning up the kitchen and hall after lunch as you had to complete all duties in fourty minites. The most enjoyable part of the job was having a laugh with the rest of the staff and making the children have a happy care free lunch.
Pros
Good rate of pay and pension scheme.
Enjoyable work experience
Human Resources/Recruitment Assistant (Former Employee) –  Preston, Lancashire27 January 2018
I enjoyed having contact with members of the public, providing advice in relation to general HR matters as well as information and updates relating to job applications and the recruitment process. I enjoyed working to tight timescales alongside other team members in order to get the job done.
Active and Rewarding
Catering Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rossendale22 January 2018
Great opportunity to become part of a close working team.
Keeps you fit and no two days are the same.
Opportunities to move around within your department.
Cover Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ashton-on-Ribble, Lancashire22 January 2018
Worked as a Cover Supervisor, arriving each day to see what lessons needed to be covering. This brought its own pressures but equally its own rewards.I thoroughly enjoyed my tenure in this capacity.
Pros
Great hours and lengthy holidays to boot.
Cons
Recently, looking to cut back due to loss of funds, creating a little dismay.