Lancashire County Council Employee Reviews

Not enjoyable
Business Support Officer (Former Employee) –  Fleetwood26 February 2019
Good company shame about management and staff. Some of the staff rude and not at all friendly or welcoming. The job its self is fine just a shame management and staff let it down.
Enjoyable work
Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nelson, Lancashire8 February 2019
My personal individual issues I present with this company shouldn't reflect working with them on anothers individual basis. The work itself is enjoyable, I learned a lot about cooking new dishes in a larger quantity. The day would pass very quickly as you are frequently busy. Management I didn't feel were as supportive as they could be on certain issues which did make the job personally very difficult to me. However, my co-workers and general kitchen manager kept me going and supported me every day.
Pros
Fast paced work
Cons
Very time ristrictive
Different circumstances everyday a learning curve
Child care worker for lancashire (Former Employee) –  Burnley, Lancashire7 February 2019
Job satisfaction. Changing peoples views. Everybody matters.The chance to climb the ladder.
Training and course given .
And playing a key part everyday in changing peoples lives of being a good role modal.
Pros
free lunches
Leaving care personal advisor
Personal Advisor (Former Employee) –  Lancashire north20 January 2019
Arrived for my first day to be told I would have a 30-40 case load of young people.

Induction consisted of a laptop with training on the computer.
I worked in the north team in Lancaster it was not organised and were short staffed.

Pay is good and incremented but other than that I would never work here again. Has put me off wanting to be a personal advisor.
Pros
Wage
Cons
Lack of support and extremely high caseload
Lovely Team
Agency Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Fleetwood, UK18 December 2018
The team I worked in was lovely, however there was no senior management support and no backing when this is required. The job again was busy and hard going and as with any Social Work post it has its pro's and cons.
Pros
Great Team
Cons
Unwritten rules on extra working hours being a given
Dependant on where you work
Primary School Teacher (Former Employee) –  Preston, Lancashire3 December 2018
In my time working for County Council, I had an enjoyable time, but I would say that is because of the school that I was teaching at. The only dealings that I had with LCC was when I was paid each month.
I enjoyed my role
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Blackpool, Lancashire27 November 2018
Working with children to support their learning whilst in a classroom setting. Delivering and planning phonics lessons and contributing to children's overall wellbeing and development.
Good place to work and occasional meals and drinks in good company.
Technical and Business Support Officer (Former Employee) –  Preston, Lancashire30 October 2018
For most of the time it was possible to choose the hours that suited me best hence a good work-life balance and flexibility to allow for events outside of work. The work was interesting and nearly everyone I worked with was very nice. There was a professional approach to the work but generally a laid-back atmosphere.
Pros
Interesting work, flexitime, people
Great staff and pupils
HLTA (Former Employee) –  Preston14 October 2018
Although hard work and challenging daily thoroughly enjoyed my years at the 2 schools I worked in. A rewarding and fulfilling job. Also opportunities to progress career and access training.
Pros
Pension benefits, holidays
Cons
Fixed holidays, more hours than paid for but that's the nature of the job
Unsupportive management
kichen assistant (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, Lancashire29 September 2018
Loved working In the school, it’s hard work and have to manage your time well. Colleagues friendly and good team spirit. The job was spoilt and is made Unnecessarily stressful by the underlining bullying culture from management team.
Not very professional , not “do as I do” but, “do as I say” attitude. I’m supprised not a higher staff turn over.
Pros
School holidays, friendly colleagues.
Cons
Lots of lifting, manual handling

Want to know more about Lancashire County Council?

Ask a question
Don't work there if you are a smoker
Multiskilled Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Accrington17 September 2018
Job was ok. I was dealing with many different departments including Libraries and Blue Badge applications to Social Care. The colleagues were good and it seemed to be going well until I applied to go full time. I was misadvised and went into the interview saying all the wrong things. I had no interest in wanting to work in social care full time and was instantly overlooked for saying this at the interview. Eyes were constantly on you especially when trying to sneak out for a ciggy. It's the Council for God sake theres more departments than just social care that I could've fit into and I am a very warm and friendly advisor. Tut tut
Pros
Variety of work
Cons
Too strict
Like people more, hate drivers more
School Crossing Patrol (Current Employee) –  Lancashire12 September 2018
In this job you have to do one morning and one afternoon shift that will last around 40 minutes, its an easy job but comes with some cons, one such con is that it takes your day away from you, yes you can still do things and go out but you're constantly looking at clocks and watches to make sure you're back for your afternoon shift, its not the worst thing in the world but its a little mind draining.

The parents and children that cross are some lovely people and theres a sense of fulfilment and good vibes doing the job.

Drivers of cars range dramatically from good normal drivers to people who seem bent on vehicular manslaughter, I have had to dodge a few vehicles that have either not seen the brightly lit 6 foot person or are blatantly trying to hit me, as well as the people not paying attention despite being in a 2 tonne vehicle that can kill people

Overall despite the horrendous acts caused by drivers and the time issues with the shifts the job is easy and like previously stated the people are quite enjoyable too which makes it a pretty good job if you're just looking for a little bit of money and something to take up your time.
Pros
Paid holidays
Cons
Drivers are morons
Professionall Organisation
Contracts Manager Area East Grounds Services (Former Employee) –  Whalley4 September 2018
I joined the Organisation and Financially the contract was in the Red each year. After Two years I showed a Profit and The workforce increased by 12 extra staff in summer. During My Time with LCES
they helped me attain A Post Graduate Certificate In Management.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Council Cuts Forced Early Retirement.
Difficult and Demanding role.
Young People's Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Burnley, Lancashire20 August 2018
Lesson planning for 1-1 support for all my young people on my caseload, maximum 20 young people.

Reviewing the caseload, working alongside agencies, organising meetings, writing reports and making sure the young people are safe.

I have learned how to look after young people who come from very difficult backgrounds and present challenging behaviours, working through their issues I was able to support their transition into adult life.

The hardest part of the job was not being able to give enough time to work with the young people, the support that was offered was only 12 weeks, I found this difficult because it can sometimes take weeks just for them to trust you, before you begin any work.

The most enjoyable part is seeing the young people move on and become confident to help themselves.
Pros
supporting young people
Cons
difficult cases and no support
can be stressful
RESIDENTIAL MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Lancashire19 August 2018
Lancashire County Council focuses on good quality child care and the managers of the children's homes are very committed to providing excellent quality child care. The support and understanding of Senior managers can be difficult and problematic as the priority is to keep the homes full.
Pros
good working relationships between managers.
Cons
Inppopriate placements made into the children's homes.
Good company to work for
Business Support Officer (Current Employee) –  Chorley11 August 2018
Productive and supportive company to work for. Good management and good salary. Always able to support and help their employees with anything. Good range of training available.
Woking with kids
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Preston, Lancashire1 August 2018
Love my 3 jobs but would like maybe2 more I have got lots of excellent report and good word if u did give a a job a world love the it I have look after kids hair dresser cleaner
Pros
Done it
committed to ED&C
Mentor - Pastoral (Current Employee) –  Lancashire30 June 2018
Supportive working environment. Committed to Equality and Diversity. There are excellent promotional prospects and progression. Flexible working hours.
Pros
Support
Cons
non
Was only there a few days on work experience
Dog Warden/Wolfwood Kennels (Former Employee) –  Lancashire25 June 2018
Drove around in a van
Helped identify dog waste
Employees were nice and friendly
Helped with any questions i had
Helped me learn new skills and key information that was needed
fun workplace
Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Lancashire21 June 2018
Lancashire County Council is a great place to work, staff are very welcoming and there to assist support if needed. very friendly workforce and would highly recommend them