Lancashire Care NHS Foundation Trust Employee Reviews

They work you til you break
Medical Secretary (Current Employee) –  Burnley, Lancashire31 January 2019
If you want to be paid a pittance for having the workload of 12 people (and having it added to every day) and want your spirit to be broken, this is the company to work for.
Pros
You get paid
Cons
You dont get paid enough to deal with what you are put through
productive workplace and environment
Bank Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Preston, Lancashire17 October 2018
To work with adults who have mental health issues and forensic offenses.
on a daily basis, I learn each and every day from other health professionals experiences and the patients.
I strive to make the patients time in the hospital as comfortable as possible.
Sometimes management is overrun and has to do clinical shifts rather than their own work due to staff shortages.
Workplace environments are a nice environment to work in and full of staff morale on a daily basis.
enjoyable place to work
mental health nurse (Current Employee) –  Burnley, Lancashire29 August 2018
I have enjoyed my work here but feel know is the time to move on a start a new challenge.
due to changes in home life more work life balance is needed.
currently wards all moving to Chorley not willing to travel that far with small child at home.
Lancashire
Psychological Wellbeing Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Preston, Lancashire17 August 2018
Good employer and supportive of staff. regular supervision, regular PDR, flexible family shifts available , HR easily accessible, relvant training provided for post.
Good Overall Employer
Receptionist/Administrator (Former Employee) –  Ormskirk, Lancashire14 May 2018
Worked for this trust on two separate occasions. Good overall experience; however service management was often a lot to be desired and often lacking. Great team to work for overall.
Busy and Challenging Environment
Heatlh Care Support Worker - Band 3 (Current Employee) –  Keats Ward, The Harbour Hospital, Blackpool30 March 2017
My day can consist of working with inpatients daily, carrying out any physical observations and taking blood sugars. some ward based activities, escorting patients on allocated leave in hospital grounds.
Escorting patients to outpatient appointments at local general hospital. Assisting patients with personal care, keeping their room tidy and laundry washed.
Talking to patients and assessing mood and frame of mind, Carrying out any specific levels of observations required on individual patients.
I am also a qualified phlebotomist so am able to take patients bloods using the S-Monevette System and filling appropriate paperwork and making sure blood sample are transported via courier to Path Lab
Structured and proffesional
Senior Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  North West24 January 2017
Great potential for Locums
Friendly helpful staff
Professional attitude
Always approachable
Career development
Potential for long hours & under staffed, difficulty in recruitment & retention
Enjoyable
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Preston3 October 2016
Love my job within this trust, been employed since 2007
Very supportive manager and team.
Enjoy patient contact
Lots of training opportunities and development
Pros
Outdoor work, patient contact
Cons
Mileage allowance
stressful environment
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Blackpool29 April 2016
Fast paced and enjoyable varied day with lots of support from fellow teammates who were,conscientious,caring and knowledgable Good training and inductions to the trust also offered..

Sadly there was a high staff shortage and fast turn around on the wards, poor management and not enough good systems in place by management to address and manage this issue and other problems associated by this.
Pros
wages
Cons
extremely stressful environment
Productive workplace with great people
SharePoint Server 2010\13 Lead Developer (Former Employee) –  Various sites around Lancashire7 March 2016
Nice place to work with an agile working environment but they struggled to get funding for numerous projects that i was involved in due to the current financial constraints being imposed on the trust. Also contractor rates where heavily slashed due to the trusts hard-line stance due to Monitor guidelines.
Pros
Agile working
Cons
Contractor rate was heavily slashed mid contract
Exciting, dynamic work place
Admin Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Blackpool, ENG27 January 2015
My role has been varied and I have had the opportunity and freedom to develop and stretch myself. I have learnt what it is to be a part of a team who take ownership for their responsibilities. I have also learnt the importance of being supportive to my team and what it means to strive to be the best at what you do.
The hardest part of my role was learning that I can't complete everything at once; prioritising my workload can be difficult, but it is a necessity in a busy work environment.
The most enjoyable part of my role is the challenges that the job brings and achieving the best possible outcome in finding solutions for these challenges.
Pros
An amazing team to work with
Cons
Frequently difficult challenges
Health Care Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Preston, ENG9 June 2014
My typical day at work consists of maintaining a safe and secure environment for all,
Pros
Get to meet all sorts of people and a great place to gain knowledge and receive training