Lancashire Care NHS Foundation Trust

Lancashire Care NHS Foundation Trust Employee Reviews

United Kingdom35 reviews
Not a bad trust to work for, however the organisation of the temporary staffing team is poor and the overall staffing and organisation of wards particularly at the harbour in blackpool leaves much to be desired. Note to the NHS, pay more and you'll have more staff, working on a psychiatric ward command's more than 9 quid an hour regardless your role.
I didn’t find any encouragement to further your career. I felt as though my work went unoticed and ignored. I felt under a lot of pressure and with very little in return. I felt undervalued.
A typical day at work would be to collect tapes from the consultant and decide which letter should be done first. Then it needs to be written by audiotapes and then put onto their record.
Great place to work, excellent training, excellent support.
They don't like to be challenged though, a bit set in Policy. Everything needs boxing off.
Pros
Staff eat with patients
Cons
Shift patterns
Every place I have worked at the staff have been very supportive and grateful for my contribution. People's well being not profits are at it's centre.
Pros
People centred caring compassionate professional
Cons
Constantly changing and adapting
I worked for this company for over 2 years. The other healthcare staff, nurses, OT, support workers, on average were fantastic. They had to cope with huge levels of understaffing and not having proper training, but they do their absolute best. What makes this a very unpleasant place to work is the management. I can only speak for the managers on the male acute wards but they are unprofessional to the point that if they are having bad day the ward staff will pay for it. Policy and procedures are not followed at all and they will make sure you know that if you complain about this you will be let go. Staff are bullied, badly. Some places in Lancashire Care are nice places to work. The Harbour is not one of those places. If you can’t avoid this place at least avoid the male acute wards.
All managers are either nurses or social workers , occupational therapists or administrators who know nothing about management or business. The NHS should bring in professional business people.
I worked at the HQ & the finance management was awful. No progression unless you are in with the right people in the cliques. No parking anymore on-site for the office-based staff & only for agile staff who are always out anyway. Office-based staff now have to park off-site & walk.This new arrangement really angered staff.

Benefits such as a good work/life balance & being able to take additional unpaid annual leave look good on recruitment advertising but you need a people-friendly manager to allow those & sadly that is not the case for many. Workloads always increase as staff who leave are not replaced & neither are staff on long-term sick. Many of the managers are bullies & unapproachable & don’t care about staff welfare.

Despite not getting support when needed due to lack of funding, they still pay for compulsory team building days which many of us don’t want to attend because of the negative culture & bad management practices.
Terrible as employers not supportive & don't follow correct protocol.
Managers are not fit for purpose also too many of them getting paid too much.

The job was stressful & too much on case loads, too many tasks to complete in each day, unachievable targets.
Limited manager support above ward level; extremely poor work life balance. The reed machine want more details, so hopefully things may have changed there since I left. Like a lot of NHS Trusts LCFT is governed by how the government of the day views health care and if it invests in the system of care delivery.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Lancashire Care NHS Foundation Trust?
Bullies for managers, senior management team do not care about the little guy. If you spot any problems and report them you are either targeted or it’s swept under the carpet. If you want a promotion, it’s not what you know it’s who you know. Most jobs that are internal or external are ear marked for someone doing the job on the bank, which means you will get you hopes up for a pointless exercise. To be fair and legal they have to advertise a job to everyone, even though you will
Never stand a chance.

All decent senior staff will leave to find better job culture and less stress. Desperate trusts step very junior staff up with no people or management skills. Stay away.
Pros
See above
Cons
See above
You get to work with some really nice kids there family’s .But there to many don’t !!! Than dos .and office work when your not a office worker.the training you get is good.If you like been on your own it’s the place to be .management are ok and helpfully
Pros
Night pay
Cons
Office work when your not a office worker and shift cancel
Great staff to work with but very poor management. Management give no support, will not back you up when an incident occurs. Low morale throughout, short staffed, overworked, underpaid.Often as a lone Staff Nurse on nights no staff to cover to take a break. Can be a dangerous place to work staff often left in vulnerable circumstances.
Pros
The experienced HCA's were the best.
Cons
Poor Management & short staffed.
Working atmosphere is good, people I work with are lovely. It’s not possible to have a work / life balance in regards to A/L how much u can take at one time.
Pros
Good working atmosphere
Cons
Absolute hassle to get A/L when I want
If you want to be paid a pittance for having the workload of 12 people (and having it added to every day) and want your spirit to be broken, this is the company to work for.
Pros
You get paid
Cons
You dont get paid enough to deal with what you are put through
Very pleasant place to work in a supportive environment. Good level teamwork amongst the whole team. Difficult when caring for disturbed service users, but rewarding.
Cons
Long Hours
To work with adults who have mental health issues and forensic offenses.
on a daily basis, I learn each and every day from other health professionals experiences and the patients.

I strive to make the patients time in the hospital as comfortable as possible.

Sometimes management is overrun and has to do clinical shifts rather than their own work due to staff shortages.

Workplace environments are a nice environment to work in and full of staff morale on a daily basis.
Cons
I have enjoyed my work here but feel know is the time to move on a start a new challenge.
due to changes in home life more work life balance is needed.

currently wards all moving to Chorley not willing to travel that far with small child at home.
Good employer and supportive of staff. regular supervision, regular PDR, flexible family shifts available , HR easily accessible, relvant training provided for post.
Picked up important skills and developed myself during the time I was there.
There was some flexibility to move to different areas within the Trust.

Training adequate.
Worked for this trust on two separate occasions. Good overall experience; however service management was often a lot to be desired and often lacking. Great team to work for overall.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lancashire Care NHS Foundation Trust. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9