Lambeth Council Employee Reviews

Very supportive management
Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Brixton12 September 2018
On a day to day basis if all schedules were organised, my day would go to plan even with unexpected situations.

I have learnt a whole range of experiences in a short space of time, with great support from my team manager and co-workers.

The hardest part of the job was ending my relationship with the children and families involved.

The best part of the job was starting my position at Lambeth.
Pros
Great team work, supportive management
Very Productive
Technical IT Project Manager (Current Employee) –  London19 April 2018
The council is a great place to work. We're allowed to just get on and deliver what is required without being held back or hampered by red tape and micro-management.

All the staff are friendly and reliable and it's generally a productive and happy working enviroment.
Pros
Relaxed working enviroment
Cons
Lack of leadership and unstable
Lead Link Worker (Current Employee) –  London13 March 2018
Could be a very exciting LA to work for with all of the regeneration and opportunities in the borough. Unfortunately due to austerity and a massive reduction in funds, there is far too many restructures which never really achieve what they set out to, hence the reason why there is continual re-organisational designs every year.
Pros
New Civic Centre and Town Hall, Very diverse and culturally rich borough
Cons
lack of leadership at the highest level, not a very stable place to work, a lack of accountability throughout the council.
fist time working in Local govemnt
Customer Services Assistant (Contract) (Former Employee) –  London7 January 2018
It was a very rich learning environment being behind the sense of local council in the UK, the teams and departments put in allot of effort and went the extra mile to get the job done
No room for progression
Business Support Manager with a HR Function (Former Employee) –  Lambeth, Greater London22 August 2017
No room for progression. No room for progression, No room for progression. Perm staff recruitment freeze is on.
Extreme workloads and nor benefits. Temps get treated unfairly.
Unpredictable and uncertanty
Housing Admin, Customer Service Officer (Former Employee) –  lambeth Housing12 July 2017
A nive place to work I enjoyed it but want a permanent job with Lambeth but the propects of this are poor/low.

I learned alot , i have gained experience but feel let down by lambeths policys.
Pros
Cons
Excelant location
Good team support
Midday Meals Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Streatham, Greater London11 July 2017
I have really enjoyed my role here and I am looking for temporary work during the summer holiday as we are on a break for six weeks and I need to earn some money
Pros
Near to home
Cons
Not enough hours available
Challenging but rewarding
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brixton, Greater London10 June 2017
Classroom based - I work in year 6, teaching groups of children in preparation for SATS in English, Maths and grammar.
A good knowledge of phonics is essential to help develop reading skills.
Playground duty is also part of the job so be prepared to participate in supervision of playground activities.
The job is extremely rewarding - seeing the progression of the children and knowing that you've played a part in their development.
Pros
13 weeks holiday
Lambeth Council
Fleet Administrator (Former Employee) –  Brixton, Greater London1 June 2017
Small team of staff, dealing with fleet of vehicles, logging them in and out, recording any damage to fleet. Booking in hire vehicles.
Good rates of pay and pensions and regular pay increases
Pros
Long walk to shops and
Cons
great pay
worst job in my life
Apprentice surveyor (Former Employee) –  London, UK1 June 2017
Signed up for an apprenticeship with the council. For 1 whole year I didn't receive any training towards my course. They made me sit at my desk while they tried to figure out what they wanted to teach us, this went on for 8 months. the college had to get in touch with our managers to get them to teach us something. everyone had no time for any of the apprentices.

would never work here again
Fun place to work
Grounds Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Lambeth, Greater London1 May 2017
Friendly staff, good working environment. Would recommend to anyone who enjoys working outside in all weathers. Flexible hours weekend work available.
Support Worker
Residential Support Worker (Former Employee) –  London1 March 2017
I enjoyed working for Lambeth and found this job really easy going. I eventually left employment after I was made redundant. I worked with residents who had enduring mental health problems.
loved working here
Project Assistant (Former Employee) –  London23 January 2017
Great place to work- poor management during my time- i have heard this has now improved with change of management.

Relaxed environment, although fast paced at times and various challenges- but colleagues are more than willing to help
Customer Service Assistant
Customer Service / Receptionist (Former Employee) –  London Borough of Lambeth, Greater London9 January 2017
I had helpful colleagues and a supportive manager, busy everyday and I learnt how to be a skilled customer service assistant.

The most difficult part of the job would be when your unable to assist the customer / resident who either has a disability or there is an language barrier.

The best pat of the job is coming together as a team and getting good feedback on our roles.
Workplace
Social worker (Former Employee) –  London18 December 2016
I enjoy working as a volunteer, my colleagues are supportive just as i am to them.I cover for them when they are absent or out of the office. They do like wise for me.
Pros
Seeing happy clients who you have helped smile
Cons
writing court reports which need to be accurate and are time consuming
An interesting place
Neighbourhood Surveyor (Former Employee) –  Kennington, Greater London28 November 2016
Typical day will include:

• Conducted pre & post inspections of void and occupied properties
• Specified and raised necessary work orders in accordance with the Schedule of Rates (SORs)
• Liaised with leaseholders / landlords seeking alteration approval works
• Maintained, scheduled and analysed Planned & Cyclical works

Hardest part of the day: Reviewing inflating variations from partnering contractor.

Enjoyable part of the day: Resolving technical issues.
amazing place to work
Admin Assistant (Current Employee) –  London18 November 2016
very good work ethic and friendly team. management is also great.

you get to take part in different activties. amazing co-workers who are very friendly and work as a team.
Pros
great team
Cons
limited resource
Paralegal (Current Employee) –  London16 November 2016
Great team. Left to do work, without any pressure. Targets are always met.

A good vibe across other staff in council. Flexible working arrangement is a bonus.
Fun place to work.
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  London10 November 2016
Answering calls and providing a service to resident and the general public.

I learnt computer skills and I have experience in the different systems they use to raise a service request.

The get to meet people from all works of life and meet their needs.

The job was very interesting chatting to the resident and the general public and providing a good customer service to them.
absolutely wonderful
Experienced Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  London28 October 2016
I worked in a small team dealing with blue badges for vulnerable customers, team was a dream to work with, colleagues fantastic, did not want to leave.
Pros
loved it, enjoyed the work and the people, miss them a lot
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lambeth Council. Our community is ready to answer.

Lambeth Council Reviews by Location