Lambeth Council

Lambeth Council Employee Reviews

United Kingdom41 reviews
Great
Great place to work and people. Would recommend to anyone

I left because I started my own business.

They also give you opportunities to move up in the council, and offer training.
Evolving Local Authority
Recent change in senior leadership which will hopefully bring more strategic thinking to the table. Good new officers and flexi working is a strong positive.
Fantastic organisation with good flexible working policy
A very good employer and a good place to work with nice flexible working culture. Good leadership. Diverse workforce. Centrally located. Highly recommended.
Good
It was a beneficial apprenticeship and it’s good to gain new experiences in a new industry, I was going around different sites doing new jobs, It was good experience and it was a hands on job had me working to the best of my ability.
relaxed place to work
Lambeth council is a relax place to work but it is a shame that manager who are on 60k + dont really have to do much. They tend to push all their work onto people beneath them while they take days off and take numerous holidays. The council is very slow when relying to customers and very unprofessional in its approach to clients. The company is very unorganised and SLOW! The pay was also ridiculous compared to the work you had to do.
Pros
Work form home on certain days
Cons
Long hours, no support from managers or colleagues.
Fun place to work
Great work colleagues
Good pay

Opportunities for progression if you are self motivated

Not the best at providing training for staff

Hard to get things done as some sections of the council do not engage
Good place to work but awful management
I worked at Lambeth for over a year. I felt I was not appreciated by the management that were full of agendas and could not offer a decent contract. I miss my colleagues though, they were generous and kind.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Negative work environment
Fab place to work
Best job I ever had, fabulous working conditions, great team in my section. Interesting daily tasks, only left because I moved to rugby and didn’t earn enough to commute
Pros
Good job prospects
Fun place
Love working with children they make me love my job every day sone just need love and attention we have a massive diversity of culturas we also have a lot of SEN children we teach every day everyone is different but we are all unique and special each one of us gás something
Cons
Part time job
Very supportive management
On a day to day basis if all schedules were organised, my day would go to plan even with unexpected situations.

I have learnt a whole range of experiences in a short space of time, with great support from my team manager and co-workers.

The hardest part of the job was ending my relationship with the children and families involved.

The best part of the job was starting my position at Lambeth.
Pros
Great team work, supportive management
Cons
Low staff morale and continuous instability
The workplace culture leaves a lot to be desired. The staff morale is low and there is always a restructure going on which constantly leaves staff uncertain about their future. One of the worst places I have ever worked in.
Always had work from the agency and I was normally sent in good schools. Very good listening people and quite empathetic I recommended friends to them
Very Productive
The council is a great place to work. We're allowed to just get on and deliver what is required without being held back or hampered by red tape and micro-management.

All the staff are friendly and reliable and it's generally a productive and happy working enviroment.
Pros
Relaxed working enviroment
Cons
Lack of leadership and unstable
Could be a very exciting LA to work for with all of the regeneration and opportunities in the borough. Unfortunately due to austerity and a massive reduction in funds, there is far too many restructures which never really achieve what they set out to, hence the reason why there is continual re-organisational designs every year.
Pros
New Civic Centre and Town Hall, Very diverse and culturally rich borough
Cons
lack of leadership at the highest level, not a very stable place to work, a lack of accountability throughout the council.
fist time working in Local govemnt
It was a very rich learning environment being behind the sense of local council in the UK, the teams and departments put in allot of effort and went the extra mile to get the job done
Amazing Team
Though I was only shadowing. They have one of the most amazing teams I have ever seen who are fully committed and dedicated to their work. Devoted and Resourceful would better describe the work that goes on there. One of the best experiences of my life!
Pros
You learn soo much
Cons
Not for the faint hearted
No room for progression
No room for progression. No room for progression, No room for progression. Perm staff recruitment freeze is on.
Extreme workloads and nor benefits. Temps get treated unfairly.
Unpredictable and uncertanty
A nive place to work I enjoyed it but want a permanent job with Lambeth but the propects of this are poor/low.

I learned alot , i have gained experience but feel let down by lambeths policys.
Pros
Cons
Excelant location
Good team support
I have really enjoyed my role here and I am looking for temporary work during the summer holiday as we are on a break for six weeks and I need to earn some money
Pros
Near to home
Cons
Not enough hours available
Challenging but rewarding
Classroom based - I work in year 6, teaching groups of children in preparation for SATS in English, Maths and grammar.
A good knowledge of phonics is essential to help develop reading skills.

Playground duty is also part of the job so be prepared to participate in supervision of playground activities.

The job is extremely rewarding - seeing the progression of the children and knowing that you've played a part in their development.
Pros
13 weeks holiday
Lambeth Council
Small team of staff, dealing with fleet of vehicles, logging them in and out, recording any damage to fleet. Booking in hire vehicles.
Good rates of pay and pensions and regular pay increases
Pros
Long walk to shops and
Cons
great pay