Lambeth College Employee Reviews

Productive and enjoyable; some of my previews students are qualified nurses now. Whilst other have completed Universities studies.
Lecturer HSC (Former Employee) –  Clapham11 July 2019
Working in Lameth college was the perfect job, environment, people and management. I enjoy working there; work was temporarily with an agency. It was good.
In my opinion Lambeth Clollege Southside is on the par with Oxford Cambridge.
Pros
No free lunch but breakfast for the students.
Cons
My hours was full time Gillain & Eugenia were great.
Loved being tghere
Full time student (Former Employee) –  Lambeth, Greater London13 June 2019
I studied for two years in several different departments between two colleges. There was a heave load to learn and I was completely absorbed.

The courses are varied and informative and not wasting anyone's time. Teaching is to a very high standard.
Pros
Gaining knowledge daily
Cons
Being without money
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Vauxhall, Greater London5 June 2019
My role as the office manager was to oversee a team of eight staff to ensure they providing high quality administration, secretarial support and admissions for the centre.
Fun and educational
Student (Former Employee) –  Clapham Common Station28 January 2019
I felt that the college helped me to learn about hospitality and catering in a fun but very educational way.

I have taken myself to the Bermondsey community kitchen to undertake my level 2 qualification in professional cookery.
Pros
Fun learning atmosphere
Productive worker
Gaining work experince (Former Employee) –  South London, Greater London17 January 2019
I did not get paid at Lambeth as it was a school trip for work experience. I learnt how to pitch products to customers to increase the sale rate for the product. For example my assignment was to learn how to pitch a bike and i got the 2nd most amount of pitch out of everyone in my year.
Pros
Work experience
culture problem
Chef Lecturer (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London5 December 2018
due to the location and demographic the students overall have extremely low aspirations and self worth which makes teaching them a difficult if not impossible process
Pros
good hours
Cons
level of students
Great colleagues and work attitude
Data and Compliance Manager (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London12 November 2018
Brilliant place to work with lots of friendly and supportive staff at all levels of the organisation.
Easy to get to with numerous public transport links.
Good workplace
Head of Finance (Former Employee) –  London22 October 2018
It is a flexible workplace that can be easily balanced with family.
The staff or colleagues are nice. However, there has been a restructuring every year, hence staff are taking more work and no increase in pay.
Focus on consistency
Visiting Lecturer (Former Employee) –  London30 August 2018
During my time at Lambeth College, I found that it was quite difficult to find answers to very common queries. Although this was down to the fact that there was a huge staff turnover at the time of me joining which would have been the main reason for this.
Learner focused
English Teacher (Former Employee) –  Greater London29 July 2018
All the courses are accredited, year-long courses. Learners work towards passing Cambridge exams and progress to mainstream courses to further their studies.
Professional and highly inclusive
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  London9 July 2018
Lambeth College is a great place to work, during my time with the organisation I was able to meet new and exciting people, who were always willing to help. Their professionalism has also taught me the importance of been an effective communicator, I was able to develop and utilise my communications skills by liaising and passing on relevant information to various individuals within the organisation from top managers to staff at the operation level. I was also hugly involved with speaking with students and members of the public, this experience has truly widened my customer service skills and has helped me to give nothing but the best service at all times, ensuring that all students clients and customers are getting the best service possible.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
Temporary
Student (Former Employee) –  Lambeth, Greater London4 July 2018
Very enjoyable experience, the staff are very friendly. The college was organised and clean. I still feel a very strong connection with the college and loved every moment being there
Pros
lunch fees
Cons
long commute
Culture of Bullying in Senior Management
Learning Resources Centre Co-ordinator (Current Employee) –  Clapham Common17 May 2018
Lots of very hard working staff let down by Senior Management rated 1 by OFSTED. There is a culture of bullying in Senior Management and HR support them in crushing dissent.

About to merge with LSBU so there should be massive improvements over the next few years.
Pros
Staff
Cons
Senior Management, Hr
Productive and fun
Student (Current Employee) –  Clapham Common20 October 2017
It is an outstanding college it has amazing teacher and I am happy to be there my peers help me to fit in and I feel very safe there. It is a college where you just get on with your wirk and try to achieve your best
Pros
Good lunches
great place to work
Exam Invigilator (Former Employee) –  London14 October 2017
very good place to work, friendly environment. you will have to make sure that the students are in the correct places and have the correct exam. extra time will be needed from you
Enjoyable and productive
Student Liaison (Former Employee) –  London Borough of Lambeth, Greater London2 October 2017
As a pert-time Student Liaison Officer, it was my duty to cover three sites of the college, to assist Students with educational, social and welfare issues.

It was a pleasure to be able to interact with the students, as I had not long left full-time education myself.

It was generally a relaxed environment, but it was always satisfying in helping a student overcome a problem in the classroom...or in the common room.
Pros
Relaxed environment
Cons
Sometimes lacking in organisation and planning
productive and fun place to work
Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Lambeth, Greater London14 August 2017
Timings were suitable as I was studying at the same college. I learned how to manage my time well with my studies and work life. The culture was good as the team I worked with were amazing. The work load included ensuring important letters were sent out to students and their parents.
Pros
free lunches
Nice students, lousey management
Teacher and technician (Former Employee) –  Clapham, Greater London27 June 2017
Poor management, too much pointless auditing, dishonest, good salary and perks, nice students to work with, some really pleasant staff, some very sly and difficult staff, job has meaning but it's an uphill struggle
Pros
Hols
Cons
Cuts
A very busy and interesting place to work.
Learner Developement Coach (Current Employee) –  Clapham Common Station19 March 2017
Lambeth College is a very busy and challenging place to work. I have developed teaching and computer skills.

The culture continues to change from what was once community focused to business orientated (in line with changes in FE).

The impact of what has become a target-driven environment has been consequential for several learners facing barriers to learning. Successful outcomes, however, is the enjoyable side of the coin, especially for those having to overcome such barriers.
Pros
Holidays, pay, friendly place to work
Cons
Staff reductions (due to restructuring), lack of service quality in some areas
This place offers you astounding help.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  London6 March 2017
work experience at Lambeth College was amazing! working there helped me gain skills that i really needed to develop on. in the future i might consider working there again.