Lambeth College

Lambeth College Employee Reviews

I worked there as a visiting lecturer in the Performing Arts Department. Good work place, lovely head of department.Sad when the person I was covering returned.
I'm only a student, I don't have a salary, but I can say that they have a good environment there because of how they are welcoming to such diversity and how well the staff handle each other.
Pros
Friendly
Lambeth College is a productive and fun workplace, working in education means that you work in a fast paced environment. The management are strong and make sure that you feel comfortable.
Very relaxing place to work or do a volunteering job with friendly people and Management team to help me in the job.They let me choose what days to come in to work.
Pros
Friendly Staff
Cons
No Free Lunch
Working in Lameth college was the perfect job, environment, people and management. I enjoy working there; work was temporarily with an agency. It was good. In my opinion Lambeth Clollege Southside is on the par with Oxford Cambridge.
Pros
No free lunch but breakfast for the students.
Cons
My hours was full time Gillain & Eugenia were great.
I studied for two years in several different departments between two colleges. There was a heave load to learn and I was completely absorbed. The courses are varied and informative and not wasting anyone's time. Teaching is to a very high standard.
Pros
Gaining knowledge daily
Cons
Being without money
My role as the office manager was to oversee a team of eight staff to ensure they providing high quality administration, secretarial support and admissions for the centre.
I felt that the college helped me to learn about hospitality and catering in a fun but very educational way. I have taken myself to the Bermondsey community kitchen to undertake my level 2 qualification in professional cookery.
Pros
Fun learning atmosphere
Cons
I did not get paid at Lambeth as it was a school trip for work experience. I learnt how to pitch products to customers to increase the sale rate for the product. For example my assignment was to learn how to pitch a bike and i got the 2nd most amount of pitch out of everyone in my year.
Pros
Work experience
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Lambeth College?
due to the location and demographic the students overall have extremely low aspirations and self worth which makes teaching them a difficult if not impossible process
Pros
good hours
Cons
level of students
Brilliant place to work with lots of friendly and supportive staff at all levels of the organisation. Easy to get to with numerous public transport links.
It is a flexible workplace that can be easily balanced with family. The staff or colleagues are nice. However, there has been a restructuring every year, hence staff are taking more work and no increase in pay.
During my time at Lambeth College, I found that it was quite difficult to find answers to very common queries. Although this was down to the fact that there was a huge staff turnover at the time of me joining which would have been the main reason for this.
All the courses are accredited, year-long courses. Learners work towards passing Cambridge exams and progress to mainstream courses to further their studies.
Lambeth College is a great place to work, during my time with the organisation I was able to meet new and exciting people, who were always willing to help. Their professionalism has also taught me the importance of been an effective communicator, I was able to develop and utilise my communications skills by liaising and passing on relevant information to various individuals within the organisation from top managers to staff at the operation level. I was also hugly involved with speaking with students and members of the public, this experience has truly widened my customer service skills and has helped me to give nothing but the best service at all times, ensuring that all students clients and customers are getting the best service possible.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
Temporary
Very enjoyable experience, the staff are very friendly. The college was organised and clean. I still feel a very strong connection with the college and loved every moment being there
Pros
lunch fees
Cons
long commute
Lots of very hard working staff let down by Senior Management rated 1 by OFSTED. There is a culture of bullying in Senior Management and HR support them in crushing dissent. About to merge with LSBU so there should be massive improvements over the next few years.
Pros
Staff
Cons
Senior Management, Hr
It is an outstanding college it has amazing teacher and I am happy to be there my peers help me to fit in and I feel very safe there. It is a college where you just get on with your wirk and try to achieve your best
Pros
Good lunches
very good place to work, friendly environment. you will have to make sure that the students are in the correct places and have the correct exam. extra time will be needed from you
As a pert-time Student Liaison Officer, it was my duty to cover three sites of the college, to assist Students with educational, social and welfare issues. It was a pleasure to be able to interact with the students, as I had not long left full-time education myself. It was generally a relaxed environment, but it was always satisfying in helping a student overcome a problem in the classroom...or in the common room.
Pros
Relaxed environment
Cons
Sometimes lacking in organisation and planning
Timings were suitable as I was studying at the same college. I learned how to manage my time well with my studies and work life. The culture was good as the team I worked with were amazing. The work load included ensuring important letters were sent out to students and their parents.
Pros
free lunches
  1. Employee reviews