Lakeland Management reviews

Educational place to work
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen, Aberdeen City28 February 2018
Serving customers, stock replenishment, general housekeeping.
Learnt a lot of product knowledge, how to do banking, how to do stock counts etc.
No comment on management.
Pros
discount
awesome place to work
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Stratford, Greater London2 February 2018
I love working for Lakeland because every day is different. A typical day at work is usually fairly quiet customer wise however there is always something to do and it means we can spend more time with the customers that are in the store. It also means that the shop is tidy most of the time. Between 12pm and 3pm is the customer window and so that means all of our attention is focused on the customer which means no tidying.
I am learned so much while I have been at Lakeland. I learned how to interact with customers a lot better than before this job. I have also been given more responsibilities than any other jobs such as banking and keys to certain parts of the store.
The management in the store I would say is firm but fair. My manager and an open door policy so if you have any queries we are able to go to her about them. If you aren't doing what you're supposed to be doing the manager will quickly let you know.
The hardest part of the job for me is not getting angry at the angry or mean customers that come in from time to time. Our policy at work is to always be happy and if you have a customer who has a complaint or is unhappy in someway it does make it hard to be able to keep interacting with the customer in this manor. Because of the location of the store as well we do sometimes get bomb scares and thefts. That being said it is the best job I have ever had because I get along with all of my colleagues, it's a pretty easy going job and most of the customers who come into the store are pretty friendly and quite happy to chat with you.
Pros
acknowledgement from higher up
Cons
Too far away
Ok if you like working weekends and after hours when you shouldn't be at work
Higher grade (Former Employee) –  Nottingham28 December 2017
I loved this place untill they started changing the way of working and cut our hours we never stopped all day even worked in our own time when we should have been going home I hated Lakeland in the end well not Lakeland but the place that I worked at I worked at my place of work from the day it opened but we where expected to work for nothing we got no support from management not even a thank you
Pros
A lot of training but only when it suits
Cons
Long days and expected to put stock out after time when we didn't get paid
Nice Working Environment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bridgemere6 June 2017
The overall working environment was good, however there were bad management staff that would pass on their problems to other members of the team. The other people in the team had to organise the team more and they would choose how the shop layout was. It was always hard to find where things were because most items were moved on the weekdays and only working there on weekends meant that when i came to work things were always in different places.
Pros
Nice people
strict and stressful
Sales Advisor (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Nottingham26 May 2017
this was my first job after leaving school and I found it to be quite a miserable place to work. Dominated by a female work force, so it can feel very hostile at times if you're a new member of staff. More often than not you feel like you're being surveyed for the entire shift even if there is very little to do.
High standards
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Trafford Centre, Greater Manchester18 May 2017
The customers were mostly friendly, management expect you to be busy and to give excellent service at all times. You need to have good product knowledge.
Great People to work with
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh9 February 2017
Loved the job and the people that worked there was a nice environment to work in felt very comfortable and management were not in your face all the time. Only reason i left was because i was moving.
Pros
Good breaks
Cons
Difficult product knowledge
Friendly staff and fun to work for
Picker (Former Employee) –  Kendal27 April 2016
Very friendly staff willing to stop and help out if you look lost or confused.
A typical day as a picker would be signing in, then picking up an order list getting a trolley then going up and down the isles picking the order off the shelves.
The management did not judge you, they were there to help you get things done as fast as possible.
My co-workers were friendly and would stop and help you if you had any problems.
The hardest part of the job would be all the walking, you walk about 10-12 miles a day up and down the isles.
Most enjoyable part of the job would be getting more than your quoter of orders/picks
Pros
good Discounts
Cons
sore feet
Fun workplace and great pay
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  LONDON4 January 2016
Typical day is serving customers, tills and stocking up shelves. The pay is great and it is a fun place to work. Staff are always willing to help out and you also receive 20% staff discount.
Pros
Pay and 20% discount
Cons
Management sometimes showed favouritism!
great place to work!
General Assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  ENG17 March 2015
I loved working for Lakeland, there was great management and a great team! Because there are so many products on sale, everyday was different and nothing got repetitive. The team felt like one big family, which was shared throughout the company as there were regular benefits through competitions and actually meeting the owners.

You get trained in all aspects of the shop including, replenishment, banking, leadership, till/phone operating and Delivery's which gives you so much work experience.
Productive and a good workplace to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glasgow Buchanan gallery16 January 2015
staff get on well together. we get to know our customers and help in anyway they need.
I have learned about new products.
Management are very good with you.
Staff are very pleasant
Helping the customers are very enjoyable especiallywhen you have went that extra mile for them.
Pros
2 x 30minutes breaks
snobby people
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  York, ENG10 November 2014
no home life.. rude management didnt enjoy my time there at all
Challenging, great customers and products.
Part time role (Sales Assistant) (Current Employee) –  London3 March 2014
1)Helping customer needs and assisting with stock levels and general areas of banking. Greeting customers and introducing products that they may want to buy.
2)Till duties, banking, liaising with the general public.
3)Management help out when needed, training staff and advising of any general changes.
4)Co workers are reliable and helpful. We all yield to our strengths which tend to reassure the customer that we go the extra mile when they ask for a specific item that they either cant find or need extra advice.
5)Hardest part of the job has got to be dealing irate customers when they return certain goods with no receipt or knowledge that they have bought the item at Lakeland.
6)Getting praised by the customer for doing a job well done.
Pros
Discounts of 20%, job satisfaction with customers.
Cons
Shop lifters.
Customer Focused Organisation
Sales Assistant (higher grade pending) (Current Employee) –  Norwich4 December 2012
As I write this review, we are entering the countdown to Christmas. A typical day with Lakeland during the Festive period is not quite the same as any other time of year. The number of customers entering the store is greatly increased, and so the working day is considerably busier. However, the focus is still on the deliverance of an excellent customer service. Time management is key in this as you are stretched at the busiest times of day. Working as a team is the only way you can achieve a level of service required as a Lakeland employee. I have learnt to delegate and oblige instruction and support co-workers if needed.
When the trade quietens at the end of a day, replenishing stock, carrying out administrative duties and preparing for the next day and all undertaken.
Pros
team spirit
Cons
working weekends