Laing O'Rourke

Laing O'Rourke Employee Reviews

United Kingdom162 reviews
A good company that cares about it's employees and has good career enhancement programmes. Have High standards of Health and Safety and try to protect the environment. Forward thinking company.
good health and safety ,paid the going rate ,no problems .worked for them a few times ,on various sites in Britain,No problems as long as one follows the regs and gives good quality work.
I really enjoyed my time working here.
The people were all very nice.

Great location and well paid for the area.

Technically challenging and global opportunities as well.
I have work for lang o roke for 2 9 years and you won't get a better company as I walk along most the job on a daily basis I do see a lot going on but a lot of men are sitting down nothing
Pros
Fabulous company
Cons
You will never be short of money
WATCH OUT - Laing O'Rouke don't care about anything but their profits. We were expected on site during COVID 19. Our lives and those of our family's are put AT RISK so that senior management can get rich. DISGUSTING treatment of employees. Long hours, not paid enough, expected to work overtime, intimidating culture on site, no communication between senior management and site workers. money hungry billion pound corporation don't care about its people .
I'm working at the Warwickshire site, and nobody is able to follow social distancing. Have complained to my boss that I don't feel safe coming to work, but management don't care!
Working on property that we didnt own made me uncomfortable and the focus on productivity/ getting the job done regardless of anything else was horrid
The project runs at a very fast pace. Poorly managed, very difficult, no support, things fall through the cracks, we are clearing land and removing biodiversity. Not worth destroying the planet for this job.
We are still being asked to work during the Covid-19 world pandemic - this is dangerous and not essential work. Our families are put in danger, i know people are struggling to find work now but if you can avoid working here.
I've found that working here is incredibly stressful and exploiting. I've been made to go in to work still, even though i'm obviously not an essential worker. A few people in my site team have family members with coronavirus and they are still being made to go in, because our site manager won't pay them half of their salary if they don't. I don't understand why i still have to go to work, the railway can wait.
Typically at work I am stressed out and unhappy. There is constant pressure to do incredibly long hours. The set up just does not feel safe or responsible. I wish I could leave but I don't have many other options right now. Would not recommend!
Laing o rourke haven't given me the chance to self isolate from work. I am seriously worried about puting my family at risk. Is programme really more important than peoples lives?
Why are you allowing workers to continue to work in unsafe conditions during Covid-19? Completely unacceptable, placing people at risk by not suspending non-essential work.
This is a serious company and I would like to work with them in the future. I worked with them for two years and I enjoyed the time with them and also the benefits they provide!
They invariably start at 7.30am and finish at 6pm . Everything is done through the aurora system so you stay until the death and sometimes there may be 20/30 persons in the queue before ya . Then the travel home and you may be home for 7pm if you're lucky . If you want no regrets on your death bed give these a wide berth . They watch you like hawks while your working . DISGUSTING .
Good job , good company. Worked at Laing o rourke for a good few years it was a good company to work for and the lads were treated very fairly! I would recommend working for this company.
Good company but management don’t care about you at all! They will offer you steady work and decent pay but things like your already approved holidays being “forgotten” about or paperwork lost happens a lot.
Pros
Steady work
Cons
They don’t care about you
Blame culture present......expected undergraduates to undertake tasks normally undertaken by more experienced personnel.
High turnover of staff so recruitment was always required.
Pros
Few
Cons
Long Hours
The project like so many rail projects runs at a very fast pace with the need to hit strict deadlines being a must. Due to a great deal of last minute changes this make hitting the deadlines very difficult, but the work loads is well managed by the project CAD manager.
Pros
Friendly and approachable CAD manager
Cons
Location of the Site Office
Working directly with LOR should be better paid...Someone somewhere is enjoying the sweat of those security guards who have to stay all day out for nearly the minimum wage
Their log in system is nightmare and useless, YES THERE S DISCRIMINATION AND NOT FAIR TREATMENT,

MOST SECURITY COMPANY CONTRACTORS COULD NOT FINISH THEIR CONTRACT WITH L O R,
Haven't got much to say but overall it was good. Loads of overtime which was really good for me at the time. But the work politics there was too much. Didn't like it at all. This was some time back. Maybe they have improved