Ladbrokes Employee Reviews

Mediocre management
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London20 January 2018
Too many demands for a barely above national minimum wage type of job. Area managers do not know what they are talking about. One of the worst jobs i have taken. Could not have been happier to have found a better job. I feel sorry for those who still stuck there. Dealing with customers is an absolute nightmare. Will never work in a bookie ever again.
Pros
nothing
Cons
management
Easy Work
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Blackburn19 January 2018
Not really challenging but the job is fun once you get used to it. Training lasts a couple of weeks then you are set, management the friendliest and most down to earth I've ever had.
Great job, almost
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Kent16 January 2018
Applied for ladbrokes after finishing uni whilst looking for a proper job. I have no complaints, the pay is decent for a retail job and pays the bills. It is rather exaggerating to claim that this job gives you growth opportunities or being an enjoyable job. But definitely a good stop pit job.
Pros
pays the bills
Cons
dealing with the public as a retail role
ladcrooks
Till Operative (Current Employee) –  Carrickfergus16 January 2018
would be a brilliant place to work if the bosses thought about there employees. worse than minimum wage and no benefits not even a bonus at Christmas. multi million pound company and there that tight they sqeek. bunch of c*nts all round to be fair.
Pros
non
Cons
everything
Great Employer
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Belfast15 January 2018
Loved my time there. Great people, positive atmosphere. Plenty of opportunities to grow and improve.

Only left as an opportunity to travel arose. Proud of my time there and what I achieved.
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Darlington, Durham12 January 2018
I loved working at ladbrokes it was quiet at times but sometimes was fun, it's great for anyone who wants to climb the ladder as there is so many options available. Management has now all changed he'd so I'm not upto date with that but the shop managers were very efficient and knowledgeable.
Pros
fun place of work and brilliant if ur into sports, racing etc
Cons
Changed cashier hours to evening shifts
Decent job, bad management
Customer service manager (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands11 January 2018
Very good job when compare to other retail roles you can take as a student. The merger with corals unfortunately made a already badly run business into an even more chaotic managed business. I dont hate the job. I just hate the customers that frequent in betting shops, absolute scums. Not enjoyable when having to work by yourself for most of the day dealing with dramatic public joes that get emotional over money they cannot afford to lose, yet aggressively blame their losses on you. Repeats everyday like groundhog day.
Could be better
Customer service manager (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London10 January 2018
Was promised a lot of things but reality working in a bookie is just not the best of jobs. I worked in clothes retail before, and supermarkets, but a retail position in a bookie is something else. You do not get respected. The majority of area managers have an attitude and have an undertone of belittlement when talking to you, very unpleasant. And majority of customers are the unemployed who have nothing better to do but to socialise in bookies betting their lives away. A rather mundane job with repetitive tasks and not very productive for personal development. Opportunity for promotion is non existent.
Pros
easy role to land if need emergency job
Cons
not a lot of skills to gain working here
Great job
Deputy Manager I (Former Employee) –  Corby10 January 2018
Great, fun job.
Very sociable.
I enjoyed the daily banter and rapport from our customers

Fairly unsociable hours and potential for aggressive characters
Pros
Meet new people
Enjoyable job
Customer Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Garrison10 January 2018
I started in Ladbrokes after being medically discharged from the armed services. I personally found this to be an enjoyable but sometimes busy job, after a while I was made a Customer Services Manager which meant more pay but also more responsibilities. as with any position it was a challenging job, for example when people do not feel like they have been paid out the right amount. If people were looking for employment it should not be overlooked.
Pros
Great team, overall enjoyable job.
Cons
Very long shifts
intersting and active place to work
CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSITANT (Former Employee) –  Head Office Rayners Lane.9 January 2018
Enjoyed my time working at Ladbrokes.
Learnt new computer skills while in Ladrokes.
It was a lively busy atmosphere with friendly staff and also a fun place to work.
Pros
Friendly and helpful Managers
terrible company
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Hove, East Sussex9 January 2018
horrible company to work for, treat you like a dog. get abuse from customers that lose their money because it's your fault apparently, upper management don't care either,
Fun, chaotic business
CSM (Former Employee) –  West Bromwich, West Midlands8 January 2018
Ladbrokes was such an amazing place to work, very friendly, very educational, supportive and helpful. You gain great managerial responsibilities and feel part of the team immediately. However, some times ladbrokes fail to acknowledge the amount of hours you actually do work and fall short of staff regularly, which means you have to put in extra hours/days and sometimes dont get a day of
Pros
You gain a great sense of managerial responsibilities
Cons
Sometimes, you are hard done by, working alone/long hours
nice enviroment
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  London8 January 2018
it was pretty laid back but could be busy during happy hour. i learnt alot about time management staying professional and how to communicate better with a range of customers.i enjoyed getting to know my customers and building relationships with them
slow place to work very laid back and not the most challenging of jobs.
Customer service advisor/manager (Current Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne5 January 2018
alright place to work money is ok but the over time is basically non existent which is an issue. very laid back job and not as challenging as I would prefer. staff and customers are a very good group of people also.
Pros
staff are brilliant
Cons
very repetitve job
I enjoyed my time with the company. Loved working alongside colleagues and customers. Each day was different.
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Gloucester, Gloucestershire4 January 2018
I worked for Ladbrokes for just under 26 years and I think I would have stayed there until I retired.
Unfortunately after they merged with Coral it proved impossible for me to stay there due to the change of my contract.
I absolutely loved working with my colleagues and enjoyed the diversity of the customers who we came across each day.
I would highly recommend working for a Bookmaker if you are willing to work outside the normal 9 till 5 hours, enjoy sports and enjoy interacting with members of the public.
Pros
Chance to progress with company.
Cons
Single manning, long hours.
Fun job great staff terrible area managers
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Birmingham30 December 2017
Staff are brilliant to work with made some amazing friends. No progression after becoming csm. No respect for any overtime or extra work done. If your face fits you can progress. Worked here 5 years got armed robbed twice and never supported from mpm or area manager. If you want a job it's great but if you want a career look elsewhere
Pros
Great colleagues overtime available
Cons
Bad management bad attitude towards staff. Double standards
productive
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Leytonstone, Greater London29 December 2017
*typical day at work most of the time is busy.
*I always end up learning new skills about bets either from a manager or a customers.
* my management level was good because most of time i will be alone and run the shop alone will the manager doing something else or run up and down to the different shops.
* the hardest part was dealing with late bets.
Changing working environment
Market Place Manager (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London29 December 2017
Since merger with Corals the company has become very tight and got rid of some benefits. You tend to be working on your own for long periods now as they have made harsh cut backs on the hours allowed per day for trading. This has significantly impacted customer services but management do not seem to be bothered by it. The environment can get nasty as people do tend to get carried away and lose lots of money they can not afford to lose. Moving up in the company is hard due to the constant changing of management and structure and it is sometimes just being in the right place at the right time and who you know that prevails
Pros
Can be Flexible
Cons
Evening and weekend working, single manning
Productive within the Team and Build on In-House Talent
Sports Trader (Former Employee) –  London28 December 2017
Hands on Office, Productive in producing solution's, promotes within the company. Relaxed atmosphere which has been a downfall in some areas of the business. Enjoyable place to work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ladbrokes. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7