Ladbrokes Employee Reviews

Interesting place to work
Shop manger (Former Employee) –  North London14 April 2018
These are long hours and you need to be able to take abuse from the customers. Need to be able to stand your own ground. A good knowledge of sport is required to do this job well. An understanding of betting would be an advantage although they provide training whilst you work.
Pros
Tips from customers
Typical minimum wage job
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Newcastle14 April 2018
Don't expect too much in this job. Everyday is the same routine of serving customers in which the majority are scroungers. Not much to learn in terms of skills because it's a simple minded job. Probably a good job if you are young and seeking a first job for work experience.
Pros
wage always paid on time and correct
Cons
not a job that boost your confidence type of job
Daunting
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Ayrshire11 April 2018
Worked constant weekends and also had to work on my dad's 60th birthday. Missed a lot of nights out with friends and lost touch with them over the four months I worked there. The management would constantly change my shift rota without notifying me beforehand, I would ask why but I never got an honest answer from them. Management and work colleagues would moan at you if you made the tiniest mistake.
Pros
Holidays and days off
Cons
Working long and unsociable hours
very good
CUSTOMER SERIVCE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Rotherham, South Yorkshire5 April 2018
they are very good to work for and they come with good benifits the working hours are great and flexible it and i worked with a good bunch of co-workers ..
Not enough appreciation
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  London2 April 2018
I have seen so many managers treating staffs like they are just a number. It breaks my heart to see all the injustice that people working in the front line of Ladbrokes have to put up it. From abusive customers to vile managers who have no respect for staff. The company has been taken over again but doubt much will change, still a bookie at the end of the day.
Pros
watching football on TV if time allows
Cons
customers
Ok
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Lancashire31 March 2018
Working in betting is one of the hardest jobs, one false move and you could loose Ur job, break the law and end up being personally fined. Punters from pub to bookies, yuk.
Customers trying to con you one moment and be friendly the next.
Single manning for management was getter bad when I left.
Training is never given, ever.
Late finish early start, no life work balance
Pros
Sick pay, breaks
Cons
Long days, single manning, unsafe
good company and manager and very approachabel
Deputy (Former Employee) –  Ashton-Under-Lyne24 March 2018
I was sorry to have had to leave the company due to the merger and having to go to be in the transition shop but really miss the job and the people and would like to come back, I miss the banter and the atmosphere on the big meetings like the gold cup and the Grand National approaching soon
Pros
very approachable
not the best
csm (Current Employee) –  Scotland20 March 2018
you are only a number and a person on a seat no staff care at all okay in term of short term ie student but for others with a family no use at all avoid
Bad job
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Wolverhampton19 March 2018
Not a job you would want your children to be working at. I did not enjoy a single day working there. Dealing with customers who are problem gamblers is not worth the time. Management is mediocre at best. You can do all the overtime in the world to help out during staff shortages but make one mistake and they talk down on you.
Pros
pays the bills
Cons
it's just a job
Awful
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow14 March 2018
Hr is awful, you become just a number to the company,
Your personal life is ruined and the pay is awful aswell,
Ladbrokes promise you the world and gives you govan.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, managment are monsters, you are just a number and ladbrokes makes you know and remember that
Good workplace
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire14 March 2018
Working there for a few months now and I'm beginning to see what working for Ladbrokes is truly like.
Long hours to cover holidays, working from 0705 to 2205 which is good for the money, but you're required to have split shifts where you go out of the business then have to come back.

Working in your own for long periods, which I do not mind as the punters are usually friendly in my area.
Pros
Free coffee and tea.
Cons
Long hours, working alone
Fast pace but good challenge
Customer service manager (Former Employee) –  Barnet12 March 2018
Working for Ladbrokes was a very good experience as I had learnt a lot within the 2 years. Can be a dangerous environment but it challenges you as an employee to get things under control as soon as possible.
Pros
Very fun environment
Cons
Relocations
fun and lively workplace
Betting Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mill Hill9 March 2018
Ladbrokes was my best and favourite job to date, I met a lot of great people staff and customers. I used to take bets whilst interacting and getting to know customers. I learnt a lot about sport and different types of sport. The hardest part of the job was taking and keeping up with bets on your own when the shop was very very busy. I enjoyed everything else it was a great working environment with great people.
Learnt a lot
Trainee Manager (Former Employee) –  Rhondda2 March 2018
I learnt alot working for Ladbrokes and gained a good insight into dealing with customers and money, I was also given the chance to see how many different people reacted in stressful situations teaching me how to deal with problems quickly and diffuse situations.
No career development
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Slough1 March 2018
The job itself is okay. Though it is lacking in staff development. Realistically you can become a shop manager after 6 months, but you can stay as a shop manager for 25 years. If you live to pay bills then I guess this is a job for you. If they offered me another role or more training, I would have stayed longer.
Pros
Stable job
Cons
Lack career progression
Great place to work before the merger
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh26 February 2018
Ladbrokes was an amazing place to work but of course this was before they merged with coral and everythong went downhill. Now the company is more of a slave drive more than anything that break the employment rules as its almost impossible to get a break due to the aingle scheduling.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, no breaks, no staff to cover, too quick to discipline and sack staff
Used to be a job to be proud of
Shop Manager (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London25 February 2018
Ladbrokes was one of the best bookies. Front line staff and line managers were more hands on with each other and having a laugh together. Nowadays the job is not what is used to be. We are practically working for corals. The new management is just a shambles. Very disappointed how this job turnt out to be. Wish I left years ago instead of leaving it too late.
Pros
big company
Cons
not enjoyable
monotonous but fun
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Coventry23 February 2018
Since the merger between Ladbrokes and Coral the company seem to be changing everyday. not all the changes are good. the management also have conflicting opinions.
Stressful
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester17 February 2018
Was fun at first but as soon as you become a customer service manager the job is not worth the pay. Most of the time I had to work by myself and usually there is no more than 2 people working together for a few hours. It becomes very boring after a while. The working schedule is always different and the marketplace manager's pets always get the better days and hours. I am not saying that is how the whole of ladbrokes operate, but i am confident the majority of ladbrokes workers would understand if you ask them.
Pros
quick job
Cons
boring job
Build up career quickly
customer service manager (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands16 February 2018
Typical day at work will be busy and fast paced. Within 5 months I was a customer service manager who opened and closed the shop.
Full time contract within the company however quite a lot of night shifts.
Customers within the shops make the job more enjoyable.
Pros
contracted hours
Cons
long day/late shifts

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ladbrokes. Our community is ready to answer.