Ladbrokes Coral Group Employee Reviews

Found 1,615 reviews matching the search See all 1,722 reviews
The Manager at the Maidstone branch is a very nasty person
Family Member (Former Employee) –  Maidstone, Kent15 December 2018
He will be harassing every member of staff behind their back. So many staff left there because of him. He swears all day, imposes his own rules and policy. He is good in making staff feel under valued and unwanted. Wouldn’t advise anyone.
Pros
Cons
Only the Manager will do the early. Others end up doing all the weekend and night
Terrible
Csm (Former Employee) –  South wales15 December 2018
Terrible management. Don't give a hoot about their staff. Wage is terrible. Work on your own a lot. Stay away. Apply for maccies instead or the rock and roll
Pros
Cons
Awful houes
Enjoyable up to a point.
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Pontypridd10 December 2018
Hard employers to review because while it was an enjoyable place to work with lots of pros it also comes with its fair share of cons, you'll work with lots of awesome people while in the shop who usually are very helpful and reliable to work with but there were a few (especially up in management) who were snakes, also lots of talking behind peoples back which I always found disrespectful, most customers were great, especially in the shops in small towns (with the occasional tip) and loads of chances to work in different locations if you're willing to do so providing you stuck to your area as management didn't seem to like you travelling to different areas. However, seems to be quite a lot of favouritism within the company as certain staff seem to be given a lot morning shifts and weekends off which then leaves the others to pick up the less favourable shifts, also, considering the strict security procedures that every staff member needs to follow, you be astonished what some staff (especially shop managers) are getting away with. In conclusion, decent place to work, mostly good people to work with, customers were usually great even if there was the odd bad egg, not a lot of chances to advance within the company even if management would claim otherwise.
Pros
Great people to work with, chances to work in different locations, occasional tips from customers, an easy job once you get the hang of it, get to watch sport in work, flexible hours.
Cons
Lots of evening and weekend work so not the most sociable of jobs, little chance of moving beyond CSM, not great pay considering all the responsibilities in the role, poor management within company
Mentaly demending Job
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  East London, Greater London7 December 2018
Job in antysocial houres mainly weekend. Can be very stressfull. Good thing about the job is that is in mostly airconditioned areas. Posibility to meat many people (good or bad)
Pros
No rain and its worm
Cons
can be stressfull
Not what it used to be
Manager (Current Employee) –  Rotherham, South Yorkshire7 December 2018
With the industry changing so much. The high street shops are failing.
If you are in with higher management then you can prosper. You can get as far as manager by just hard work and no further.
Snakes
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Dundee5 December 2018
Avoid this company at all costs the place is full of SNAKES. Too many brown noses thay gets them no where never met a bigger bunch of losers in my life than the staff and management in this place. They think they are something there clearly not and never will be to be honest I thought half of them where living on a planet as far from reality as possible. At the start I felt sorry on the staff getting a hard time from customers but after about a week I realised they deserved everything that came there way the customer service was an absolute joke but aslong as there is money going in the TIL ladbrokes could not care less about how people get treated got to be the greediest bunch of low life’s in business
Pros
Zero pros in this place
Cons
Staff with bad hygiene and not to be trusted
Taugh me alot
Customer Service Assistant/Manager (Former Employee) –  Northolt, UK5 December 2018
Friendly colleagues. The job will give you the opportunity to progress from a CSA to a CSM which does make you feel more valued as the new title will give you more control and respectability.
Pros
Will learn alot on the job. Decent pay and overtime
Cons
Working unsociable hours as a CSM
Good relationship
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London4 December 2018
You work with a small number of people so to be able to enjoy your job a good foundation with colleagues would be most beneficial. Also some sports knowledge would be helpful as you are working in the gambling industry
Looking to the future, disgruntled staff
Manageress (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London27 November 2018
Shops are sure to close next year. Contact me for the answer. Snapchat. lmiester8.long days. Management not helpful.training poor.customers rude.geat if you love sports
Pros
Sports . Free
good company
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  london27 November 2018
Good to work for. hours can be flexible with some late shifts. pay can be good, with bonuses. Due to government changes the job security is not great with up to 1000 shops that could be closing. Managers do have more freedom to run the shop with KPI to hit including sales.
Pros
good pay
Cons
Job security
Not for the faint hearted
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Cheshunt, Hertfordshire26 November 2018
Not your average customer service job. takes a lot of patience. Learned how to be fast paced at things. Quite funny at times, work can be enjoyable if your colleagues are nice.
Worst place to work ever
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London25 November 2018
Long hours, no life, management don’t care about you, unrealistic targets.. heavy kpi’s Set. Pressured into working long hours, pressured into covering shifts even if its ur only day off. Managers are very very selfish, put them self on rota then call u and pressure you to cover their shift and say they have to take a so called meeting in the area and then go home early.. you life.. ur plans really does not matter to them as long as the shop is open and closed. U end up doing a million favours for them which are never repaid back if you ask for one.. pressured into training new trainees, pressured into cancelling your holidays if they are booked just so management can take there’s, you say NO once they keep on pressuring you to do something you can’t, then you end up feeling sorry for them as they use emotional blackmail to get what they want from you.. very good at lying and manipulating you into doing as they ask.. threaten you with record of discussions, meetings and disciplinary if you dnt perform targets or refuse to cover a shift elsewhere.. absolutely DA WORST EXPERIENCE I have EVER endured in my LIFE..

EVEN once you hand in your RESIGNATION they will still be sure to squeeze every inch of BLOOD out of you

CANT BLAME DA COMPANY, it all falls down to the management which I’m sure the people higher up in the chain are unaware of .. perfect job for people with no social life, no family, no kids, no partner which is next to near impossible as people do have families to take care of. This job has MENTALLY, PHYSICALLY and Emotionally effected ME..
I would NEVER work
  more... here EVER AGAIN..

I have had many jobs over the years but this has been the first job in my entire career that I have had to write a review about
Pros
Tips
Cons
Long hours no life
Good atmosphere
Mpm (Current Employee) –  Swindon, Wiltshire20 November 2018
Half decent atmosphere but meet some nice people but also some of the worst people known to man. Enjoy working there to a certain degree but small teams make it impossible to have a quiet day off so you never truly get to relax
Pros
Pays monthly
Cons
Customers can be awful and long boring days alone most of the time
Staff Morale
Manager (Current Employee) –  Northern Ireland19 November 2018
Staff morale within Ladbrokes is at an all time low. There is no incentive for hard work and dedication. There is not even a thank you for those who don't take time off sick or work overtime or come in on their days off. The marketplace managers are getting paid almost twice as much as the cashiers and and £5 more than customer services managers, yet the cashiers and customer services managers are the ones on the front line each day in store doing all the hard work.
Pros
Cons
no training
Busy and fast paced.
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, Devon19 November 2018
My Job role was to open and close the store, Take bets and insure all compliance was adhered to.
I enjoyed working with the public and the general light hearted nature of the customers due to the industry.

The hardest part of the role was the 14hour shifts, especially over the weekends and public holidays.
Productive and Fun workplace
Customer Escalations Executive (Current Employee) –  Barking, Greater London15 November 2018
We have a small team and it is fun everyday. Enjoy working with the people and love the work I do. Since being in this role I have improved on my written and communication skills whilst also how to write a more professional email/letter.
Workplace
CSM (Current Employee) –  Bournemouth, Dorset14 November 2018
Taking Bet's, Greeting Customers, Informing About Promotions, Set Aims For The Day, Get To Know Customers Better, Hardest Part Of Job Is Finding New Customers Who Are Interested In Products We Offer.
Pros
Good Colleagues To Work With
Cons
Long Hours
Excellent at shop level
Marketplace Manager (Current Employee) –  Bedford12 November 2018
I have a passion for this job but I have never felt secure in my job role. Too much is put on management while the middle management don't tell the staff what is going on. Communication is poor. I do believe that the company is a good place to work but my job role has turned me off.
Fun place to work
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Sudbury Town Station12 November 2018
It was a great experience to work in Ladbrokes,
I typical day in Ladbrokes starts with me opening the shop at 8.50 AM, I would prepare the material, pc's and newspapers, deal with customers bet, queries.

The management was great because we use to have a rotational system with the staff which in return made the shop open everyday of the year even when people were unavailable to work. The job does improve your character , especially your assertiveness because sometime you deal with difficult customers
Pros
Great experience
Manager sucked. Craig.
Customer service manager (Former Employee) –  Torquay, Devon12 November 2018
Manager rude and obnoxious. Also they condone racism in form of Area manager having flags relating to a racist fighting football group in his office.
Pros
Cons
The manager craig and management above not bothering to intervene.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ladbrokes Coral Group. Our community is ready to answer.