Ladbrokes Coral Group Employee Reviews

Worst place to work ever.
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Chessington, Surrey15 October 2018
They pressure you into hours you don't want to work.
They pressure you into taking overtime and if you refuse they say you are not working hard enough or make you feel guilty for not taking it.
They change rota hours sometimes the night before your shift is supposed to be or where you had a day off, and then tell you off when you cant make those hours.
You are left alone in the busiest periods by the store manager so you can do all the hard work.
Fake appreciation of hard work.
Always looking to pass the blame.
I request opening shifts and they stick me on closing everyday because the other staff refuse to do it. Which means all cash differences will basically be put on your name.
Also, you have a 1 hour break but you dont get to choose the time you take it. I had to take my break within the first 3 hours of my shift to suit the other staff.
Pros
Good fish and chip shop across the road.
Cons
Everything else.
Good
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Liverpool10 October 2018
overall good environment to work in the job is fairly straight forward and didn't take long to pick up, downside to the job is sometimes having to work until half 9 other than that i enjoy the job
it can be quite a fun place to work, especially depending on the regular customers.
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  stratford broadway8 October 2018
I enjoyed working their for the most part. some customers were very hard to put up with but the company were quite understanding, the staff were friendly.
Pros
well paid
Cons
alot of angry customers to deal with
Labrokes
Cashier/Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kidderminster, Worcestershire3 October 2018
Originally a cashier I mainly took bets and then processed them through a software we used, as well as simple tasks such as refilling stock ordering more stock for the shop. I enjoyed helping customers with what they wanted and needed.
Pros
Job Safety
Cons
Long and inconvenient
Pay peanuts, lock in cage, get monkeys
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Oxford, Oxfordshire30 September 2018
Not a great place to work, pay barely above minimum wage, training short and ineffective, quite a few managers are poor and should never been given managerial positions without more training and support..
However if you want to work in this industry than Ladbrokes is probably the best place to apply as the others I have worked in are even worse than Ladbrojes.
Pros
Flexible shifts
Cons
long hours, often boring
Colleagues are great but that’s about it
Customer service manager (Current Employee) –  Dundee City26 September 2018
Really boring job, always having to cover shifts even in different shops without being asked to go to other shops just get put in for it. When off sick which had been twice in 4 years it’s a massive problem for them even tho always covering when other people are off. Constantly having to do every weekend when there are other memebers of staff that get most weekends off and have no young kids like I do. Pay isn’t good for the job we have to do.
Pros
Customers and staff are great
Cons
Long hours, getting put in for other shops, pay not great. Every weekend working.
Awwfull
Cleaner Operative (Former Employee) –  St Helens, Merseyside26 September 2018
Worked as a cleaner. Was good and took pride in my work then they merged with coral cut hours from a hour to half hour wages was always wrong management was never happy they put you under pressure wanted more work done but not willing to pay any extra never got any praise and left with nothing
Terrible Company
Cashier/Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands19 September 2018
Terrible to work for, no work life balance, management not interested in staff. Staff expected to be like robots, no job progression any more, its more of a 'if your face fits' company. If you are a YES MAN you will probably go far.
Pros
Non
Cons
no work life balance, management
Fun Workplace
Website Content Executive (Former Employee) –  Stratford, Greater London17 September 2018
Great people to work with.

Open plan office helps networking with other departments.

Cons are no training given to excel in job or in my case of redundancy, I left with no further skills used in my role
Pros
inclusive
Cons
Shift work
Dont wish to comment
Shop Manager (Former Employee) –  Somerset14 September 2018
Take bets, capture and payout. Sign up loyalty. Learned alot about sports.
Alot of management will help you to progress.
Culture like a family in each shop.
Hardest part is shift work, hours of work and loyalty.
Customers are the best bit of the job.
Cons
Shift work
relaxed but exciting
C.S.Manager (Former Employee) –  Chippenham14 September 2018
A very nice place to work, you get to meet loads of awesome people, every day is different and there is always a new challenge. If you like sports of any kind its a great job.
Good job if you enjoy in office work related
Shop Manager (Current Employee) –  Belle Vale12 September 2018
A typical day at work would be serving customers keeping your customers happy selling the offers. Also doing staffing and helping other shops when staff are off
Pros
Meet loads of new faces everyday
Cons
Long hours sometimes I was working upto 6 13 hours a week of really short
Awful
Manager's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Swaffham, Norfolk11 September 2018
Staff and managers alike are evil, demanding and will take advantage of you without any praise. If you do the slightest thing wrong they are soon to punish you, call you a thief and try to sack you. The worst job ever!!!!
Pros
Cons
too many to list
Good Pay
Customer service manager (Former Employee) –  Tewkesbury, Gloucestershire10 September 2018
Very good money and they do a lot to look after there employees. you are given the best training possible to make sure you re ready for the job. great place to work.
Not a job for the faint hearted
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  London9 September 2018
This job requires you to be thick skinned. You will get constant abuse from customers and managers, both just as bad as the other. The job is also extremely tedious. Same thing everyday. I would not say the skills you gained here will be useful, but the attitude. If you can survive in a betting shop, any other retail position will seem easy.
Pros
Can work in a shop close to home
Cons
Not a bright future
Very productive place to work
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Cardiff7 September 2018
This was a very good experience as it was a productive place to work. I was able to learn lots on the job also on the training given before the job post started.
Boring job
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands6 September 2018
Good if you cannot find a decent job yet and need some money. The pay is alright for a cashier role.
Does not take long having to work in this company to understand why a lot a bookie workers do not enjoy working here.
It was an eye opening experience and I would never go back to a bookie as a customer nor a worker ever again.
Pros
nothing
Cons
management
Productive and unique environment
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Crawley, West Sussex5 September 2018
A typical day at work usually i would arrive for my start time which is usually in the afternoon and the shop is fairly quiet i would say hello to my collegues as well as any of the customers that are regulars.

I learnt many things whilst there various tasks such as taking bets and translating them as well as counting and checking the money in the machines and my till.
Pros
Good rate of pay, every day is different, 1 hour breaks.
great team unrealistic expectations
club operations manager (Current Employee) –  midlands2 September 2018
great team ethic, management try to help but service is compromised as team always short and doing multiple tasks trying to give the best service they can. management are normally working departments instead of looking at how to improve business due to rota situations
Pros
fantastic team and customers
Cons
late hours. changing days.
Work
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Stratford, Greater London31 August 2018
When at work it is very busy and can be very hectic with minimal help

Very hard to get a pay review

Colleagues are great to work with

Moat enjoyable
Pros
Colleagues
Cons
Under paid

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ladbrokes Coral Group. Our community is ready to answer.