Ladbrokes Coral Group Employee Reviews

Helped improve my mathematical skills
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London11 July 2018
Helped with my mathematical skills and it can be a challenging job but it is worth it from the experiences you get. The tips are also very good at times!
Terrible Company
Deputy Manager (Current Employee) –  Kingston upon Hull6 July 2018
Area Manager's are bullies and do not have a clue. The staff are not well treated and business is failing due to poor management. Manager's are promoted based on their ability to nod their heads rather than leadership skills
Customer Service Manager
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Uddingston, South Lanarkshire6 July 2018
Terrible company to work for I am glad to be out of it .

No compassion for there staff .

Would never recommend this job to anyone .

Management have no consideration .
Work life balance. Progression and Development high on company agenda
Manager (Current Employee) –  North Lanarkshire3 July 2018
A fast paced environment with endless rewards. A community based culture for regular/older customers. Sometimes we are the only point of contact for lonely customers who enjoy coming in for some friendly company and a cup of tea and a biscuit. A betting shop is a meeting place where responsible customers like to meet up and entertain themselves. Yes ok we do have to deal with a few unruly situations but these are very few and far between. If you are ambitious and have a desire to progress then the company will support you every step of the way. As in any job you have to show your commitment and desire to progress, if you do then the tools and support are there for you to use. i feel anyone can be a great success if they have the will and determination to appreciate the opportunities in front of them. I started as an assistant and have had 5 promotions in 10 years. Without the dedication from myself and our support network this wouldnt have been possible. I owe every success iv achieved to the company and i am greatfull for the opportunities given to me and the opportunities given to my peers. I love my job and i would recommend a career at LadbrokesCoral to anyone.
Pros
Job satisfaction, Development and support to progress
Cons
Tea stains
Good Management
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Uxbridge, Greater London3 July 2018
It was good experience working their.
I have learn lots of thing like how to communicate with the people face to face.
Dealing about their queries.
Many time we have lots of problems at work places like people banging the machines and especially with the college students with their ids.
I enjoyed their lots as i deal with different types of people.
Pros
customer services
Cons
Part time
Staff are badly Treated
RETAIL MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester30 June 2018
Zero care for staff, only car about proffits. Customers are extreamly difficult in many shops and there is not support for the staff.

Dead end job with no prospects.
To much uncertainty
Manager (Current Employee) –  Uk29 June 2018
Great industry and enjoyable job, but too mich uncertainty. Progression limited, as external candidates take preference. Good flexibility, but very unsociable hours.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Unsocialble hours
Not fun
Assistant/Deputy manager (Current Employee) –  Chertsey, Surrey27 June 2018
This job used to be fun. It used to be about the customer and making sure they had a good time in shop. Now it is all about selling and making targets.
best place to be bored
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Walsall, West Midlands26 June 2018
if you like sports its fun getting paid to watch them all day. the job itself is boring as there isn't much to do. the staff are usually friendly, but managers only care if you can get online sign ups. the problem is people who want to sign up already have!
Pros
decent wage for the work you do
Cons
bored all day
fun work place
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Brighton26 June 2018
i really enjoyed my time working at ladbrokes. The staff were really nice and easy to get along with, i had a very similar experience with the customers, most were very friendly, when you work in the same shop a few times you get to know the regulars and get on with them.

Want to know more about Ladbrokes Coral Group?

Ask a question
Worst run company i know
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Leeds25 June 2018
A typical day working at Ladbrokes consists of receiving a stupid amount of emails all asking why you don't meet the unrealistic targets shops are set. Each shop needs to harass every customer to sign up for an online account, until they either begrudgingly do so or they refuse to come back into the shop.
Great prospects and culture
Duty Support Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Barking, Greater London17 June 2018
There is an emphasis on internal progression, whereby if you apply yourself you will be given the guidance and tools to do so. Whilst the hours can be at unsociable times, the atmosphere and culture in the office provides an amicable compromise.
Would put half a star each if possible shocking firm
Licensed Retail Betting Shop Manager (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London15 June 2018
NOBODY LISTENS NOW SO WHY BOTHER WRITING MORE HOME TRUTHS. THINK KFC BUT WORSE!!
I feel that this is the most constructive piece of writting since working for these people in the hope that someone reads it and walks away from the role. That person will owe me more than a drink.
Pros
Cons
long hrs, aggresive customers, poor hours, poor pay, no hr dept, staff from kfc the company breeds grasses, back biting, no training dept could go on but get the picture absolutely terrible do not work for these people
funvworkplace
csm (Current Employee) –  Wrexham, Wrexham15 June 2018
I love my job good place to work my colleagues are good people to work with getting to know different customer and what they like in different sports in idustry
Pros
rewards and recognition
Cons
N/a
Boring and Poor Staffing
Customer service advisor (Former Employee) –  Norbury14 June 2018
They was always Short on Staff and nobody available to open shops and Poor atmosphere among each other, When you off days you get constantly called to come in and cover somebody else.
productive and rewarding to work for
customer service manager (Current Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire7 June 2018
Ladbrokes are a great company to work for especially if your looking to work your way up and develop your skills. Your job role is mainly built on customer servicce and you definitely interact with all different kinds of people.
Pros
Always lots of overtime if u want to work above your contracted hours.
Challenging environment.
CUSTOMER SERVICE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire3 June 2018
I feel since working at this company I have been given the chance to better myself and my career. The job has offered me new opportunities and enabled me to gain new skills which are beneficial to many jobs, not just Ladbrokes.
Pros
Fun working enviroment
Cons
Shifts are not always organised well. (Late and early shifts one after another etc)
Poor management
Retail Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London1 June 2018
The experience with coral varies from shop to shop. You are expected to do long hours, lone person work, take all sorts of abuse from customers for not a lot of pay and no support from colleagues higher up than you, even your own store manager.
Pros
Customer tips
Cons
Long hours, No breaks
fun
managers assistant (Former Employee) –  Sheffield1 June 2018
coral is a fun and productive place to work with a decent set of staff to work with the hardest part of the job was managing to settle bets whilst taking bets
Productive work place
Customer sales (Former Employee) –  Manchester30 May 2018
I love working in coral, meeting new people daily. The manager wasn't very good to me. He went out of hes way to get me fired. Wasn't happy about this at all.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Got moved to diffrent areas which was a pain sometimes

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ladbrokes Coral Group. Our community is ready to answer.