Ladbrokes Coral Group Employee Reviews

It is a fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bristol16 August 2018
Such a fun place to work once you get used to the people. Absolutely loved my customers you would have the good and bad days. The management was amazing and the staff are just so helpful and understanding if you have any problems you know you can talk to them
Pros
Meeting new people. Getting on with customers
Cons
Aggressive customers
It has its pros and cons
Assistant Customer Service Manager - From (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London14 August 2018
if you like sport this is the pace for you but when it comes to the company overall they don't seems to treat you fairly in my experience but it is perfect for people who are studying that are really flexible.
Pros
perfect for studying
Cons
graveyard shift
Horrible job. Horrible customers. Horrible management.
Management Assistant (Former Employee) –  Great Harwood, Lancashire14 August 2018
They’ll work you until you’ve lost all relationships with the outside world. They’ll break every legal working rule in the book and the second you complain they’ll just take you out of favour and they’ll shortlist you to lose your job until they get the next braindead moron in to do their work.
Pros
Get to watch football.
Cons
Everything. Enjoy your life and don’t apply for them.
A poor company overall
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London12 August 2018
Most people that work in bookies are working in the retail estates. There is no future in retail and the customers that bookies serve are just loiterers. The idea that bookies provide a safe place for people to bet and a social community is just ridiculous. I worked in a bookie for a few years and it was an absolute waste of time. Had I have known what I know now, my advice to young people is to move on after 1 year. No valuable transferable skills is gained here. I have talked to people that are in this job for 25 years and more and they just do what I do after 1 year. Your job is simply taking bets, pay out money and pressure customers to sign up for those silly online accounts as the government is eradicating the FOBT (the machines that suck £100 every 3 seconds), just a low skill job.
Pros
good starter job for CV
Cons
low skill job
Informal and fun place to work.
Customer Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Soham1 August 2018
Colleagues and Customers make it a great working environment, the pay is probably the best in the industry, but there is a lot of pressure to do more hours, to 'persuade' the customers into playing certain games, signing up for accounts, etc. If you have a good shop manager, he/she will try to accommodate your work requirements. If it wasn't for the pressure from head office and 'the management' I wouldn't be looking for work elsewhere.
Pros
Atmosphere is upbeat, air conditioning great in hot weather!
Cons
Constant pressure from the powers that be.
Enjoyable
Deputy Manager (Former Employee) –  Hedge End31 July 2018
I enjoyed my time at Coral because I love sports and meeting new people everyday and making friends, it was very enjoyable and wasnt to hard, it was fun
Not for the faint of heart
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Urmston, Greater Manchester30 July 2018
Pays well. Ethically dodgy. Must be prepared to face abuse from customers, including death threats. Long shifts. Encourages deep friendship among staff to counteract customers.
Management is poor
CSM (Former Employee) –  London29 July 2018
An easy job. You sit down and take bets for the majority of your shift. Keep the shop tidy and handle visual marketing.

Managers are more focused on themselves reaching targets and impressing the area manager than actual customer service.

Colleagues clearly steal money and blame the new trainees.
Productive and fun workplace
CUSTOMER SERVICE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London23 July 2018
I really enjoy working for LadbrokesCoral because I am able to communicate with customers face to face, and build friendly reports. My topical day at work is taking bets from tills and machines, ensuring the shop is safe and tidy and the atmosphere is fun.
stressful and tiring
SHOP MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands21 July 2018
consists of counting large sums of money, dealing with customers regularly. I've learnt a lot about myself and about gambling any money handling. Its great if you have a passion for sports and horse racing
Pros
dont have a set lunch time and can watch sports all day
Cons
long hours, abusive customers, bonuses are a rarity
Exciting work place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  London20 July 2018
Working here was challenging and pushed me above my limits. I learned how to deal with difficult customers and calm down arguments within the store.
Management was also easy to get along with and very friendly individuals.
Pros
Free lunches sometimes. Laid back environment.
Cons
Shifts can sometimes be spontaneous.
Fun Place to work
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Liverpool Street Station19 July 2018
enjoyed every second of working at ladbrokes, the people, the environment was friendly, pay was terrible for the atmosphere makes up for it. good mana
Helped improve my mathematical skills
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London11 July 2018
Helped with my mathematical skills and it can be a challenging job but it is worth it from the experiences you get. The tips are also very good at times!
Terrible Company
Deputy Manager (Current Employee) –  Kingston upon Hull6 July 2018
Area Manager's are bullies and do not have a clue. The staff are not well treated and business is failing due to poor management. Manager's are promoted based on their ability to nod their heads rather than leadership skills
Customer Service Manager
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Uddingston, South Lanarkshire6 July 2018
Terrible company to work for I am glad to be out of it .

No compassion for there staff .

Would never recommend this job to anyone .

Management have no consideration .
Good Management
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Uxbridge, Greater London3 July 2018
It was good experience working their.
I have learn lots of thing like how to communicate with the people face to face.
Dealing about their queries.
Many time we have lots of problems at work places like people banging the machines and especially with the college students with their ids.
I enjoyed their lots as i deal with different types of people.
Pros
customer services
Cons
Part time
Sell sell sell
Market Place Manager (Current Employee) –  Sunderland, Tyne and Wear3 July 2018
Heavily KPI targetted and pressure to upsell stuff to every customer, massively moving towards being online based and the retail side of the business is severely diminishing and heavily targetted to pushing customers to the online side of the business.

With government legislation changing, the retail side is going to face massive amounts of closures in the next few years
Pros
Shop atmosphere with staff and customers, shift flexibility
Cons
Shops getting quieter and quieter, massive pressure to achieve targets that push shops closer to closures
Staff are badly Treated
RETAIL MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester30 June 2018
Zero care for staff, only car about proffits. Customers are extreamly difficult in many shops and there is not support for the staff.

Dead end job with no prospects.
To much uncertainty
Manager (Current Employee) –  Uk29 June 2018
Great industry and enjoyable job, but too mich uncertainty. Progression limited, as external candidates take preference. Good flexibility, but very unsociable hours.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Unsocialble hours
Not fun
Assistant/Deputy manager (Current Employee) –  Chertsey, Surrey27 June 2018
This job used to be fun. It used to be about the customer and making sure they had a good time in shop. Now it is all about selling and making targets.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ladbrokes Coral Group. Our community is ready to answer.