Lacoste Employee Reviews

Not bad
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gunwharf21 November 2019
It's not a bad place to work it's just a shame the management couldn't work around my college hours forcing me to leave the company after a short time with them
Productive and fun workplace
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chester, Cheshire3 October 2019
Brilliant products sell themselves, brilliant work environment. Christmas is tough but what job in retail is easy at Christmas. Great uniform allowances and employee discounts too!
Premium Expected
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Bath23 September 2019
A strong sense of history is important to the company, to have a large brand awareness and full background knowledge of the products. Training is very intense - i had to travel from Bath to London for a days training in which you are expected to have completed online training and to have retained literally all of the information. Understandable pride for the brand but can be a bit much.
I worked as a brand ambassador in House of Fraser, so i had my own section to man. A typical day was arriving, checking everything is in stock, positioned to perfection and very clean. I had training on how to talk to customers, how to help them with products, basically trying to sell them products. I also had to help out with House of Fraser, manning their fitting rooms and closing tills.
If new stock had arrived I would unpack the products and check their quantity matched to order details, price them up (which was confusing until you understand the product codes etc) and organise where they would go in the stock room.
My area manager was amazing, i didn't have a manager when i first started and the area manager made a huge effort to make sure i was doing OK, understood the online training and encouraged me with sales.
Once I had a manager, he was understanding with any problems I had and was encouraging, a nice guy but maybe needed ICT training and a better understanding of professionalism.
Challenging
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Greater London9 September 2019
Lavorare per Lacoste significa lavorare in un ambiente dinamico ed in continua evoluzione, ci sono sfide personali da raggiungere ogni giorno, c'è un team che vuole sempre rafforzarsi attraverso il raggiungimento di obiettivi personali.
La parte più ispirante del mio lavoro è stato far parte del Management Team e contribuire alla creazione di qualcosa che funzionava davvero.
Come tutte le sfide è richiesto duro lavoro, come tutte le sfide siamo noi che decidiamo per il nostro futuro.
Pros
Friendly environment, Good Salary, Opportunity to grow
Avoid
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London5 May 2019
What is there to say about this once very decent to work for... it’s not what you do that gets rewarded is about getting along with the correct people, if you friends with the right person is ok, if not, go find a job in another place.
Pros
Clothes allowance
Cons
Head office support horrible except from finance team and Robert
friendly work enviroment
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London21 February 2019
Hardworking and friendly team
great bond between stores
positive vibe
supportive managers
training tools available to employees
generous employee benefits
first job
Colour & Materials Designer (Former Employee) –  London4 January 2019
It was a great first job, lots of creativity and new things to learn. Working with materials and colours on a daily basis with print and graphic design for branding etc.

Management wasn't the best as it lacked drive and direction which is what the brand needed.

The job culture was fun and it had a lot of young people and like minded creatives which was enjoyable.
Pros
good opportunities, creative
Cons
management, pay
good area manager
MANAGER (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London12 November 2018
greeting customers and how staff, working with management, stock ordering, merchandising, upselling, training staff members to a high standard, brand knowledge
Pros
uniform
Cons
little support
As below
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Birmingham21 October 2018
Working for lascost was an opportunity to reconnect to retail as I had a few years out. I started as a sale assistant and working my way up to assistant manager.
Pros
Good discount and holiday pay
Cons
NOne
Fun work
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London5 January 2018
Great place to work, great benefits. Easy to go further in the company. Friendly work place environment. Great for a first job fun people to work with.
Supervisor/Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenhithe, Kent18 September 2017
Loved working her very fast paced when busy. If all targets are met good commission payed. Would defiantly recommend working her. Long hours over Christmas.
Pros
Commission schem
Cons
Late night Christmas time
Productive whilst on break from university, fun team
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  White City, Greater London15 August 2017
Motivating team with typical sales duties. Worked unsociable hours with no commission of benefits, however the job fulfilled its purpose to earn whilst on break from university.
Pros
Free uniform
Cons
Long unsociable hours
Productive and a good work environment
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wolverhampton19 July 2017
This job offers a lot to my progression , the training and service they provide me is to the best standard and any job I go into next I will have the skills and lnowledge in retail to deal with anything. I have had management skills and have delay with management responsibilities with Lacoste.
Pros
Good training, high standard, good company
Cons
Not enough wage
Nice environment but quiet
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Trafford Centre, Greater Manchester8 May 2017
A typical day at work would include assisting customers whilst maintaining the appearance of the store. This is a nice company to work for with opportunities to meet other employees from different tiers of the business, therefore connecting you making the brand easily approachable. However the store is generally quiet and there is not normally additional jobs to do whilst on a shift, making working there somewhat boring at times. Management are easily approachable as teams are small meaning more care and attention is given in comparison to other retail brands.
Pros
monthly bonus schemes
Cons
boring
Lacoste was a good place to learn
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Livingston, West Lothian8 May 2017
I would work 8 or more hours a week. I worked all weekends and some week days which was good as I was able to make more money. I gained work experience from them such as being able to sell clothing to customers. As I was only a Christmas temp I learned lots from a short space of time. I enjoyed interacting with customers the most. The hardest part of the job was doing full day shifts which was tiring. The management was organised and the managers were very helpful.
Pros
Discount on clothes
Absolutely awful!
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ashford, Kent8 December 2016
One the worst places I have ever worked at. Each shift I was forced to stand in silence for 5 hours straight and was constantly being watched on CCTV by the manager. There was constant bullying from the manager who treated the staff with minimal respect and constantly belittled them. It became unbearable and the job was torturous. I'm glad I left.
Pros
Good hours, discount
Cons
Manager, staff arguments
Great place to Work
Area Visual Merchandiser South UK (Current Employee) –  London, England29 November 2016
Great place to work, amazing benefits, great people with a real family feel to the business.
Great portfolio of brands to be associated with at Pentland Brands.
Pros
Socials
Cons
Productive and fun work place!
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Street9 July 2016
Working at Lacoste helped me enhance and learn new skills which are beneficial in life. Not only will these skills help me to apply for other jobs, but they will also help me on a daily basis such as being able to communicate and relate to a wide range of people.
These skills include: Communication, problem solving, time management, customer service, team worker, patience, reliability, responsible etc.
Fun and caring workplace
Sales Consultant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Manchester, ENG31 January 2016
it was good job as it taught me many useful skills when it comes to dealing with customers. working while studying was also a challenge and the work place made sure i was not over worked and looked after which extremely satisfying.
Pros
Great discount, family like atmosphere between staffs
Cons
only part time hours, no advancement in the field
Interesting and fun
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Regent Street, London12 November 2015
A typical day at work starts with the traditional briefing from the management team. During the briefing the staff is informed the current status of the store in times of profit and targets. Also the staff get to know their personal target and what changes have been done in the store. After the briefing the employees are having a clear idea about the status of the store and where do we need to improve . During the day my job is to provide the best experience to the customers in our store helping them with choosing the outfits and items and then taking the payment. Everyday is a new adventure that will always help you in the future.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lacoste. Our community is ready to answer.

Lacoste Reviews by Location