La Cucina

La Cucina Employee Reviews

I learnt how to make fish and chips in a fast-paced environment. Especially how to use the big equipments in the kitchen. I love food and was willing to serve customers with great food.
Pros
Free staff lunches
Coworkers are very helpful and kind, customers very engaging and socially positive. Great food and organization overall of their services, and easy grasp of the ropes of the restaurant.
All the people loved me an helped the other people do their work to an loved to work and work overtime an have a happy place to work for do all the jobs they tell me to do an very clean an neat very good of a job love to learn new things
Worst restaurant / Employer i had on my entire career. It is very stressfull working environment. your mind and body are totally burnout. So, BEWARE!
Pros
Cons
No benifits
Not worth the effort. At all. The place is dirty and the owners take all the good money tables and give you the leftovers. I tried to clean the place up a bit, I accidentally broke a plate in the process because it was STUCK to the cabinet and they took the price of the dish out of my check...
I was the owner and manager of an upscale Italian bistro in which I thoroughly enjoyed but it sometimes became stressful regarding compensation but that was OK because it was my dream come true and I learned a lot
Pros
I set my own hours often 50 or more hours per week enjoyed everything I did for the customers
Cons
Long hours and needed a partner it was very overwhelming and quite stressful
I worked the nights it was a fast paced job. The management was ok in my opinion it definitley needs to improve a little bit other then that it was an ok job. The hardest part of the job was when it got busy it became over whelming for me at times but I guess its a job where you know what your signing up for.
The manager is very rude calls you names and puts you down. Yells at you even when it’s her fault. Cussed out numerous employees and tells other people’s business to other co-workers
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Disrespectful management
The food is remarkable. Manager is very disrespectful and calls you names and makes you cry in front of everyone. She treats her employees like slaves.
Pros
Amazing food
Cons
Poor management
- Schlechte Bezahlung
- unorganisiertes Management.

- Schlechtes Arbeitsklima
Typically busy, easygoing environment. Friendly co-workers, frequently absent managers. Little to no communication with management.
Pros
Discounted meals
Cons
Poor compensation
By far the worst job I've ever had. This is a family owned business that I would not recommend anyone work for. They're Italian, extreme hotheads, and they talk trash about people in Italian so no one understands them. They expect you to dedicate you life to the job and you don't get breaks. You make a lot as a server but all of the best tables go to the family. So you don't have a chance to show your full potential.
Pros
none besides pay and discounts on food
Cons
no breaks, no benefits, hostule work environment
La Cucina is a family owned restaurant. All the workers are very close to one another creating a fun place to be apart of. La Cucina is a newer restaurant and being able to be apart of the business from the first day has been very enjoyable. I have seen customers return as well as the business expand.
No meu ultimo emprego eu trabalhava com vendas, em uma loja de artigos para presente e adornos, e muito prazeroso quando um cliente entra na loja desesperado atras de um presente ou sei la de algum adorno ou móvel por exemplo e pede sua opinião e você da sua opinião e ele acha sua ideia super massa fica super agradecido
passa sua ideia para outros amigos e os amigos te procuram e muito bacana.

Outra coisa que acho muito legal você atende o cliente e o cliente volta e te procura e muito prazeroso também, isso quer dizer que ele gostou do seu atendimento.
Cons
Nao fornece refeição
Not impressive. Management consistently argues in front of guests. Constant drama and overall discomfort for the staff. very High turn-over rate. Unreliable shifts, you will be pressured into working outside your availability or they will cut your hours. Mass amounts of favoritism and bias. Not enough guests to really need so many servers- bare minimum pay.
Excelente ambiente de trabalho, comida acima da média, muito bom para se fazer jantares de grupo.
open resturant
stock supplies

clean work areas

rotate beer and wine bottles

set up work stations

service customers

work with staff to deliver great service
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
light foot traffic
Good place to work, great crew, friendly waitstaff overall prep, butchering, set up for service, checking in daily orders, deal with occassional shortages, and issues that may arise, The dinner rush can back u up as the kitchen is small with only a two man line and another garde mange cook. Make daily specials, have pre service meeting with front of house
Pros
great staff, nice atmosphere, reasonable prices, overall good food, decent bar selection
Cons
somewhat small for 100 seats, mostly short term rush so gets crowded all at once
The place closed and I had to move on. There in point to a review since its not open anymore.
Aprendi muitas coisas na empresa como montar vitrines e organizar setores , pessoas agradaveis de trabalhar , otima gerencia ,
Pros
Horario Flexivel
Cons
sem piso salarial
Great gourmet Italian cuisine and professional service
Cooking lessons

Full service from grocery shopping to cooking, to serving and cleaning
Ask a question about working or interviewing at La Cucina. Our community is ready to answer.
2.6