L'Oréal Employee Reviews

Found 125 reviews matching the search See all 2,445 reviews
Notbad workplace for temps
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Nottingham6 October 2016
Day at work starts with briefs which is quite good.
Learned a lot as it gives you the potential to rise.
Management doesn't care about workers.
Its a good clean place for temps though.
Fantastic fun environment
BEAUTY ADVISER (Former Employee) –  Selfridges Trafford and boots Macclesfield27 September 2016
Loved working every minute for lancome. Great training and products. Lovely customers. Nice uniform and good rate of commission.
Pros
Staff allocation
Cons
Late nights
productive
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Trafford19 September 2016
It wasn't my dream job but was good paid with the possibility to make overtime. I had a good relations with the co-workers and felt really comfortable at work. Management was very helpful and lovely. The job started at 6 and was finished at 1:30 pm. I am not a person who likes to complain but it was definitely one disadvantage of this workplace, in a winter time was really cold in the warehouse and often I caught the cold. But the best part of this job was a chance to buy expensive make-up products at half price.
Pros
Cheap make-up products
Cons
was freezing in a winter time
Corporate workplace
Global Consulting Project, Consultant (Former Employee) –  London19 August 2016
Interesting people with a great camaraderie among employees. Team work is the norm, although people have a lot of independence while conducting their tasks.
Fun and interactive workplace
Lancôme Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Heathrow6 June 2016
A typical day at work is mainly dealing directly with the customers travelling through Heathrow. Some customers already know what they want, some would like recommendations or some would like a demonstration or consultation.

In this job I've learn sales skills and managing a beauty counter as well as working as a team. Depending on who the co workers are, it can range from being either very enjoyable or not.

The hardest part of the job is facing customer criticisms which is directed to the company however we must deal with this. Some things which is only at managements control we have no influence over.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the shift work and some coworkers are really nice to work with.
A lot of fun!
Free Lance Makeup (Former Employee) –  Trafford Centre1 June 2016
Just a fun place to work in general. Always busy and never boring, and requires you to interact with people a lot. There's also a lot of opportunity to delevop skills. If you enjoy that this is a great place to work.
good company to work for
forklit opperator (Former Employee) –  pontyclean3 May 2016
very good team enjoyed working with them.good shifts, great team leader and boss easiest job loadinng lorrys hardest job finding location for the finished goods due to size of warehouse
Fast paced, enjoyable workplace
L'Oréal as HR Coordinator/Generalist (Current Employee) –  London26 April 2016
This role is around project management. It was very interesting working with senior people in Civil Service and working towards the betterment of public.
Productive and friendly workplace
Warehouse assistant (Former Employee) –  Bury26 March 2016
At the beginning I had a traning, I have learnt how to operate a shopper (trolley), undrestand all codes and generally realise given orders. I was given vest, knife and gloves required to effective work. I have started at 6 am and finished at 2 pm. At 10 am we had a half hour break for lunch. My managers and co-workers were very friendly and helpful. Any problems with payslips or contact with the job agency.
The hardest part for me was learning all needed codes in quite short time, however it took me about the week.
I have enjoyed positve atmosphere in warehouse and had big satisfaction from job, done well and with no mistakes.

Big rescpect for the company which really cares for co-workers. They are given a gifts and packages with cosmetics Dicounts for cosmetics for co-workers available. Event and parties often are organised. It is very positive and nice.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere; positive co-workers ; high level of the security;
Cons
My shift started at 6 A.M.; uncomfortable safety shoes
fun workplace
Beauty Consultant - Urban Decay (Former Employee) –  London Ilford8 March 2016
Whilst working for Urban Decay i learnt a lot of customer service experience and skills of how to deal with customer complaints. i was running a counter alone, so making sure all the customers that approached my counter we're pleased with the service they received was very important.
Great company to work for
Commercial Contractor - temp (Current Employee) –  Hammersmith11 February 2016
Great atmosphere, the team is friendly and make you welcome straight away.
A bit slow setting you up to start with but once you good to go it's a lot of fun.
Pros
free product
Cons
salary
Great environment
Data Tester and Assistant (temporary) (Former Employee) –  London8 February 2016
Loreal is a good company to work for, oppertunites to move to different departments and roles and flexible working hours.
amazing range of products, loved the people I worked with
Account Manager, Maternity Cover (Current Employee) –  Nottingham, ENG24 January 2016
great place to work with many benefits including commission and allocation. I was only maternity cover and decided it wasn't the right job for me in the end so did not re apply. but would recommend this job to anyone who has a passion for make up and great customer service.
N/a
Business Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, ENG6 January 2016
I am currently working under the L'Oreal umbrella of Kiehls. They are a very quirky and trendy brand but are expanding too fast and loosing the basics.
great work environment
desktop support engineer (Former Employee) –  London2 November 2015
busy fast paced fun and friendly environment
fantastic users.
thoroughly enjoyed supporting the in house user base of approximately 1200 users.

also supported field based staff.
building and imaging laptops/ desktops
also configuring ipads and iphones for new starters.
Pros
loreal products!!
Cons
contract ended
fun place
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Thurrock, ENG7 October 2015
making sure store standards are met
new products are displayed correctly and within company guidelines
selling benefits and add on sales to clients
stopping clients to trial products
hitting kpi
stock ordering
Pros
staff discount
Great Years To Work
Warehouse & Logistics Supervisor/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  London Southgate4 October 2015
Good Company to work for and had fun while it lasted, you could grow in this company and make a name for yourself if you travel to Manchester, They are very demanding but that is expected from big Company.
Loved the company and if they opened here in London again i would work for them.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Fun workplace
Beauty consultant (Current Employee) –  Belfast, NIR22 September 2015
Love this company, they are more than amazing to work for so many lovely managers and so creative. Learnt a lot working at YSL and have loved being apart of their fabulous team.
production operative
Production Operative (Former Employee) –  llantristant24 June 2015
I worked a shift pattern of mornings, afternoons and nights,
The job was very detailed and the management were very supportive and the hardest shift was the night shift
Loved this job
Counter Manager (Former Employee) –  Norwich, ENG15 April 2015
A wonderful company to work for where we were treated like royalty. Loved the product and the uniform. It was wonderful to go away and stay in lovely hotels with excellent food (all expenses paid) whilst training.
Lovely bunch of girls to work with always a fun yet businesslike atmosphere. Lots of friendly competition and yet supportive of each other. Made lots of friends.
Pros
Challenge of working to target.
Cons
the long hours and standing makes your legs ache!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at L'Oréal. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2