L'Oréal Employee Reviews

Found 125 reviews matching the search See all 2,420 reviews
amazing place to work
Sales Executive Kiehls Waterloo Station (Former Employee) –  Waterloo Station9 February 2018
Best place to work. Good managing .a lot of benefits and discounts for staff.Very good comisions if you will reach the target .And good training for staff
Fantastic company with great incentives
Deputy Manager (Former Employee) –  Swansea24 January 2018
I would really recommend this company to people as not only do they offer you a fantastic work package, they also give you the opportunity to explore and progress within the company.
They offer support and guidance and the staff are well trained and happy to help with any problems.
You get to meet a variety of people on a daily basis and help people find the confidence to explore within themselves.
There are daily targets to be hit so I would say on quiet days within the store it was quite tricky however we found tactics to help us reach our goals by offering free makeovers which usually got people to buy some products.
Pros
Good bonus structure
Cons
Extremely busy for makeovers
Productive & Fun work place
Events Manager (Current Employee) –  Glasgow15 January 2018
I've been with the company for coming up to a year now and I've had such a brilliant time!
The training, people and atmosphere makes coming to work enjoyable and fun!
Cleaner
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Llanstrisant14 January 2018
Clean bins and wash and empty bins, compact rubbish l, and cardboard. Help with customer enquiry. Help with goods inwards and I was also a key holder for opening and closing up the centre and the basement.
Great company
Manager (Former Employee) –  London11 January 2018
i've been working for Kiehls over 5 years and loved it so much. great company and good colleague. Kiehls does look after you, and seeing you as a person not just a number! :)
Global Leader
New Business Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester10 January 2018
You get a fantastic variety of experience in L'Oreal. You can work with lots of different brands which operate in different environments e.g. luxury Department Stores, supermarkets, hair salons. All the brands are really interesting and have their own identity. Customers have a real emotional connection with them which marketing drives. You also gets lots of responsibility and the chance to have a real impact. It's a young company and it feels like anyone can make a contribution to the business, it doesn't just depend on age or superiority. The most important thing though is the people. It's great to work around so many inspiring individuals with drive and ambition.
Benefits
Cons
Work life balance
Horrible place to work
picking packing (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester7 January 2018
I worked in the warehouse in trafford park
Management were horrible
Staff spoke in there own language
You get 3 days training then your left to defend for yourself if experienced members of staff see you struggling they will just watch an laugh and gossip in the own launguage
Not a nice place
Pros
£10 goody bags
Cons
Horrible people
nice work place and some lovely people
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester13 December 2017
I work always on pm shift i really do like people over there atmosphere at work is very nice i learned there few new skills aswel i learn health and safety standards as we using there only electric trucks and that rules are on a first place i dont remember any hard part of my job becouse im not scared work under presure i do like helping others
Pros
canteen with food
Cons
only one short break time
An amazing company culture
Matrix Artistic Trainer (Current Employee) –  London29 November 2017
I have been working as an educator and an artist with Matrix over the last 6 years and have enjoyed every minute of it. Their company culture is fun and vibrant.
Pros
Excellent compensation
Cons
Not as many positions available in Ire suitable for me
L’Oréal are a great brand to work for.
Account manager (Current Employee) –  Walsall23 November 2017
Great brand
Lovely products to sell
Good allocation on product discounts
Feel equal and supported
Great manager
Can move easily around the loreal group to change jobs or maximise caree.
Pros
Allocation
l'oreal
Counter Manager (Former Employee) –  Newport, Newport8 October 2017
really nice company to work for benefits are good, good ethics in the
company.training was very good which is big bonus.
the management are well trained and very approachable, and full of knowledge.
with knowledge comes confidence and the company give you all the knowledge to help you on your way and be succesful.
Pros
benefits are great
Cons
hours can be difficult at christmas and events times
fun
Makeup Artist (Current Employee) –  Reading, Berkshire5 October 2017
really good good place to work. great perks, staff and managers. feels like a big family. we always work very hard to be the best that we can. everyone is welcome
Something i am interested in
Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) –  North west area1 October 2017
I love my job but it is not as secure as I would like as it's a year by year contract. As I am on my own looking for something with better prospects. As a brand I think it is excellent value for money and have some really popular lines. I enjoy working for them.
Interesting & varied work
Warehouse operative (Current Employee) –  Annesley6 September 2017
Involves many numeracy skills, entails some physical work, ability to work as a team player as well as being able to work unsupervised required. Workload targets need to be met.
Pros
Company benfits ocasionaly available
Cons
Agency workers not guaranteed constant work
fun
Beauty/ Fragrance Consultant (Leeds Trinity (Former Employee) –  Huddersfield, West Yorkshire4 September 2017
Fun, creative and passionate. Love working for several of the LOREAL companies, their brands are luxurious and aimed at anyone. Love loreal in general.
capacitaciones con regalo
consultora de belleza (Former Employee) –  Ripley y DBS Costanera20 August 2017
Es una buena empresa, grato ambiente laboral. Mi única crítica es cuando trabaje en DBS no teníamos silla.
Pros
Compañerismo
Cons
No nos podiamos sentar en DBS, seguro médico lo debíamos pagar nosotras.
Fun lots of creative classes
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  London England18 August 2017
Fun ..willing to work hard at your targets lots of goal setting and planning required to keep at your targets especially in quiet periods. Be willing to think outside the box and know your competition and your client well.
Pros
Beauty products
Fun job with its downsides - Urban Decay
Assistant Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Northwest UK14 August 2017
Urban Decay Sales.

The pay is below average for the industry once you reach management level and salaries for the same position can vary hugely.
There is a lot of disorganisation and issues go without resolution regularly if it is easier.
The job overall is fun to do on an entry level however once you progress there is quite a lot of pressure for the pay you get and it is very common to have to still fulfil tasks while out of work, be it whether it's your day off or holidays booked.
The staff discount is a very healthy 60% off via an online shop and twice a year you receive an allocation worth £350 of complimentary products of your choosing. A couple of times a year free products are sent out to you.
You have the opportunity to be creative and express yourself.
HR is small and very slow.
Bank holidays paid triple for full time staff.
Pros
Free products - fun - creative
Cons
Low pay - weekend work most of the year - no time off Nov and Dec
good company
Counter Manager (Former Employee) –  London12 August 2017
good brand, amazing products how ever salary good be better. Training is on point everything is done perfectly. Good future opportunities available, managers always there to help.
Excellent place to work
Project Accountant (Former Employee) –  Pontyclun, Rhondda Cynon Taff2 August 2017
L'Oreal was a great place to work and I would recommend to anyone who wishes to join. The staff and culture are great and communication was excellent.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at L'Oréal. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2