L'Oréal

L'Oréal Pay & Benefits reviews: Account Manager

Found 9 reviews matching the search See all 3,500 reviews
Great company
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Bromley Town18 July 2018
Care a lot about their staff
progression is good due to a large amount of brands under one umbrella.
Lots of benefits with working for the company
Competitive salary
Pros
commission, progession
Global Leader
New Business Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester10 January 2018
You get a fantastic variety of experience in L'Oreal. You can work with lots of different brands which operate in different environments e.g. luxury Department Stores, supermarkets, hair salons. All the brands are really interesting and have their own identity. Customers have a real emotional connection with them which marketing drives. You also gets lots of responsibility and the chance to have a real impact. It's a young company and it feels like anyone can make a contribution to the business, it doesn't just depend on age or superiority. The most important thing though is the people. It's great to work around so many inspiring individuals with drive and ambition.
Benefits
Cons
Work life balance
Fun job with its downsides - Urban Decay
Assistant Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Northwest UK14 August 2017
Urban Decay Sales.

The pay is below average for the industry once you reach management level and salaries for the same position can vary hugely.
There is a lot of disorganisation and issues go without resolution regularly if it is easier.
The job overall is fun to do on an entry level however once you progress there is quite a lot of pressure for the pay you get and it is very common to have to still fulfil tasks while out of work, be it whether it's your day off or holidays booked.
The staff discount is a very healthy 60% off via an online shop and twice a year you receive an allocation worth £350 of complimentary products of your choosing. A couple of times a year free products are sent out to you.
You have the opportunity to be creative and express yourself.
HR is small and very slow.
Bank holidays paid triple for full time staff.
Pros
Free products - fun - creative
Cons
Low pay - weekend work most of the year - no time off Nov and Dec
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Hounslow, Greater London27 January 2017
Luxury brand I loved so much but my salary was very poor so Im hoping for a much better one now as I love my job and will give it 100% 😄
Great working environment
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  London10 January 2017
I love working for Yves Saint Laurent. There training is really good! The pay is ok. Incentive and commission is excellent
Pros
Free make allocation, training, incentives
amazing range of products, loved the people I worked with
Account Manager, Maternity Cover (Current Employee) –  Nottingham, ENG24 January 2016
great place to work with many benefits including commission and allocation. I was only maternity cover and decided it wasn't the right job for me in the end so did not re apply. but would recommend this job to anyone who has a passion for make up and great customer service.
fun place
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Thurrock, ENG7 October 2015
making sure store standards are met
new products are displayed correctly and within company guidelines
selling benefits and add on sales to clients
stopping clients to trial products
hitting kpi
stock ordering
Pros
staff discount
Inspirational
Account Beauty Manager (Current Employee) –  Canterbury, ENG15 October 2014
Working for Yves Saint Laurent Beauty has taught me so much about running and managing a business in an effective and sufficient way.

Throughout my duration of employment to Yves Saint Laurent I have been taught that running a counter is in effect running your own business. As I am a one person account I have to be strongly self motivated and self disciplined in order to achieve weekly and monthly targets.

There are numerous daily working tasks that need to be completed which are as follows:

A daily calculation of profitable income, calculating percentage to targets as well as calculating percentages to last years figures.

Forwarding on relevant admin files via email or fax.

Weekly conference calls with management team and regional employees.

Providing an excellence in customer service as well as exceptional product knowledge.

I have a passion for business and only wish to excel and progress however I feel I have out grown the retailing industry and wish to pursue a career where I am able to develop new skills and progress to higher work fields.

Yves Saint Laurent is a remarkably diverse and inspirational company and look for those qualities in a job.
Pros
Free Makeup Allocation, Supportive Management Team, 1% commission can be earnt on top of monthly salary.
Cons
Unsociable working hours i.e weekends, In need of more dynamic goals in which to aim for.