L'Oréal
Coronavirus update
Information from L'Oréal:

L'Oréal Employee Reviews

United Kingdom137 reviews
IV worked with loreal altogether for over ten years. They are a dynamic company with many sectors and opportunities if you can travel.
As a manager I do struggle with my minimum wage. I have a child and a mortgage and I do find I work hard and see little to play with on payday. This is a job for you if you love interacting with people, enjoy a sales environment and are driven.
Pros
Commission, great discounts, good support
Cons
Wages, a lot of initiative based work, I feel they ask a lot for what they pay.
I worked for this company by proman agency for 1 week and It had been a bad experience.
I didn't get properly training but just a colleague explained to me what to do but if I didn't understand something then get rude.

Was also very annoying haering colleagues speaking in their language while working I felt it very rude.
Pros
Cons
Waste of time
Loreal are an amazing company that always put the care of the staff first. they have lots of job opportunities and are always happy to help train and progress withing the company.
Working for the brand was great lovey people and training was also professional and always up to date
However what you get paid is not enough especially for a counter manager you get paid pennies.

Considering the fact you have to give your whole life away to retails Christmas holidays bank holidays weekends etc it’s not worth the hassle !
I had an excellent working relationship with my Area /Regional managers, I found them very supportive. I always felt that if I required any further information/support they are always there for me , helping me in a positive way.
If your are hardworking, conscientious and have good work ethic its a great company to work for . I worked for Loreal 17 and a half years and made many friends and had a good social interaction.There are benefits with a pensions scheme and there was profit share when I worked for them i'm sure that may still be in place now, there is also plenty of incentive and opportunity for people wanting to get on with ambition.
Pros
working hard
Cons
many benefits and incentives
L'Oreal are an excellent company to work for, offering an exciting, fast-paced environment working with inspiring leaders and offering real career progression.
The bullying that took place at NYX Cosmetics was unbelievable.
I have a lot of experience in Makeup retail, and found much of the area management level was secretly trying to cover up their mistakes by blaming it on staff members below them.

They corner you by not providing you with ANY stock, any HYGEINE or any kind of equipment you need to do your job, then complain about sales and customer reports.

The area manager the person to fix all of these issues for you. But because they are ignoring these issues and management above them figured it out, they then began a game of trying to cover their lazy management skills by deleting emails and HR meetings but were never truly held responsible for what they had done.

They also did not correctly report sickness reports. I later found out my 'break down from stress' which was keenly communicated and backed up with psychological assessments from working was reported as the Flu.

This was not just with me.

This happened with multiple managers across the company.

This place is a disgrace, and the entire company needs a shake up.

avoid. Avoid. Avoid.
Management talk down to you like you're stupid. Polish cliques and constant foreign speak to make English feel unwelcome. No permanent contracts (some working up to 10 years on temp contracts then let go suddenly).
Loved working for Urban decay there were good perks and the company help you thrive as a person and achieve what you want you could easily progress through the company if you worked hard
Given sales targets to achieve which were realistic and management take in consideration the decline in retail. My first area manager was awful, she'd never visit or reply to messages or calls, however the management I had after were all brilliant. L'Oréal take into consideration mental health and the well-being of their staff. Generous allocation twice a year and use of the

L'Oreal staff shop.
My passions for marketing and cosmetics joined to form an enjoyable yet challenging time working with the visual merchandising team at L'Oréal Paris UK.
Agency only will get you working there, but can be only made permeant but as a production operator. There is a lot of hard workers that after numours years working there are still not permanent.
I had the best experience throughout my time in Marketing team, however you are expected to 'live and breathe the job'. That said the opportunities and culture is really good, so this is easy to do!
Good company and if u work hard u will receive all sorts of rewards plus a great salary. The management are great and fully supportive of all Team members and this is what makes the Company so successful along with its great brands and marketing dept.If you need help, just ask .
Pros
Good place to work and u feel valued
Cons
None that i can think of
Great place to enhance your skills through extensive training on offer. Allows one the ability to utilise the skills they may already have in order to bring input into the business.
I had a great manager, but bare in mind its long hours, minimal training.
The obligation of having daily targets makes it harder.

Some workplaces force you to wear heels and make up.
Fast paced with on the job learning, expect long hours but also rewarding.
Good work life balance depending on your direct manager and their work expectations
Bad culture, bad management, no work life balance. But great people and good place to learn. Exposed to big brands with lots of budget to activate plans.
Excellent area managers, great products and launches amazing.

Hours ok for retail and paperwork very informative of results.

A lot of exciting changes to company and staff shop excellent.
working with Loreal has been a great experience. they really invest their time in training and supporting their employees to do better at what they do on frequent basis. i have learnt so much working with loreal and would recommend anyone to do so. great company to work with.
Pros
free training for your personal development
Cons
i cant think of any!