L'Occitane

L'Occitane Management reviews

Love the brand and the ethos but senior management really seem to lack accountability and have no understanding of running a store day to day. Too much lone trading and managers are expected to sacrifice their home life to ensure the store runs smoothly. General feeling that head office really don’t care as long as you take the money.
The products are so easy to sell because every single item is so beautiful. Management are on the ball with everything but in a great way ... I loved working for this company.
Store Manager is a bully and HR do nothing about it, when sent screenshots I got a phone call apologising but still supporting the manager. Would not recommend this company to my worst enemy.
Pros
Good discount, Assistant Manager and team where angels, they
Cons
Store manager is a bully!
I only worked there as a Christmas temp despite being a small business comparatively to other brands it is a good company they paid me good back in 2015 so i was happy. The management wasn't the best however the did create a good atmosphere most of time! their products were good the discount was amazing! they were a nice place to work for overall! The main con was they only gave you a break after 6 hours which is illegal i guess as you are meant to give break after 4 hours! overall it was a good experience i just got bored as it was really slow haha! when we had our training session before starting the job the company gave us a nice breakfast lunch! that felt so good honestly! no one else really did that!
Good Company to work,nice management and very friendly staff.I got more knowledge in skincare and beauty products.Great support from Management and team.
Management unstructured and don’t look after peoples careers. Change the business model and team structure constantly. Very quick to get rid of new staff and not clear on instruction
The manager of the grand central store in Birmingham is a bully. I was made to feel uncomfortable every time I was at work. She would greet other employees with a hug and ignore me completely. Her contribution to the business was minimal. She stood behind a computer all day,yet took credit for anything that went well. I was given no formal training, just a folder to work through, yet she expected me to train new staff. When thefts occurred in the store, She made me feel that she believed i’d allowed it to happen or taken it myself. Never in all my years in retail have I ever felt under suspicion, so this was incredibly distressing. Due to my vast experience and success as a manager in beauty, I was expected to increase the store’s share in facial skin care business, yet the only training I received on these products was what I had read. In my previous jobs in cosmetics I was given plenty of training so felt knowledgeable and confident in the products I was selling. I felt like I was unable to achieve the targets I was given due to a lack of training. My work/life balance was appalling as I did the majority of the late night store closings and Sunday’s, with her having a lot of weekends off. it was clear from my first day that she didn’t like me. I attempted to be friendly and supportive, but this was rebuffed. I was constantly told how wonderful the previous assistant manager was and was even told that “the area manager chose you for this role, not me” For the few months that I was there my mental health suffered due to the behaviour of this woman. I was off sick for a month, - more...
Pros
Salary
Cons
Management, Hours, lack of training
Great company to work for, excellent management and clear sales targets. However, not great career progression for young adults looking to grow. The company has admirable objectives and history which if you adhere with, you will love the organisation. Gave me a depth of knowledge about customer service.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Not much room for career development
Good company to get experience for in a luxury retail industry. Benefits are great, culture of workers depends on each store but overall job satisfaction is high I would say. Management is fairly flexible with how to approach shifts and they are very open to talk to regarding any issues you might have. Really easy to know your targets and the managers are very nice to explain the objectives for individuals persons and the shops themselves.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at L'Occitane?
christmas temp and all i can say is the pay is amazing and to be quite honest although the management and staff is a bit disappointing, for example both managers and assisting managers always clash and teach you differing methods
Pros
great allocations
Cons
pressure to sell is intense
- No recognition from higher up - Always point out the negatives and not the positives - Rota never done fairly, always on lates and weekend shifts - Made to feel vulnerable and like i was always doing something wrong - High staff turnover - One of the worst working environments i have ever worked in - Management poor - no support from anyone - no progression Positives Free products every month
Pros
free products
Cons
low pay, poor management, bullying
- Management changes really effect your work with swapping and changing whats right and whats wrong - Heavily KPI focused - Minimum staffing in store apart from the 2 full time managers expect to loan trade - Workplace culture is amazing really invest in there teams with L+D
Pros
meetings, training and culture of the brand
Cons
management
lovely place to work, pride themselves on customer service, top 100 company to work for, good salary and added benefits, only negative would be long hours, and some upper management having favourites. very detailed with merchandising, offers, training on new products etc
Enjoyed my time there but management is awful. Pay is very good and found some good friends there but I was very glad to be leaving after a year and a half.
A good place and productive. Wonderful products. Great team and very good management. Its a great start and keep working there. Great offers for the employe.
Is a great place to work learning a lot and the company offers a lot to the workers. Overall if you're thinking about applying do it!! Management is super cool and care about your progress.
Pros
Pay, skills, allocation, team members
Cons
The company its self, good... products lovely but the management APPALLING! The job is as easy as any other retail role consisting of day to day cleaning duties stock counts and till work, the company aim to be customer service orientated but you'll find you have a few jobs handed to you at once as 'priority' meaning you can't focus on the customers. Dealing with the management is what makes this place so negative. Sales assistants were amazing friendly and fun to work with but as soon as the management walked into store moods shifted and became very negative. There is little to no positive reinforcement or appreciation. There was never quite enough you could do that would satisfy the management. Issues would be over-looked and not sorted in an appropriate manner. The hardest part of the job? Coping with all the passive aggressive belittling from management. The most enjoyable? Lovely products and a visually pleasing store.
Pros
Great products
Cons
Poor Management
Head Office is friendly, everyone is helpful, many parties and perks (staff sale)! Good hours. Management are approachable. CSA Team are lovely to work with.
Pros
Staff Sale & monthly product allocation
Cons
one saturday every few weeks
I have worked for many stores including house of fraser, arcadia and coast and I HATED retail, said i would never go back, but then i found l'occitane. The best job i have had. Great pay, management and work environment. I would recommend to anyone. I started with no skin care experience so i was worried, but the training and support is amazing. You also get free stuff! and the products are to die for, which also helps you when helping customers because you cant fault the prodcuts!!!
Pros
free products. 40% discount
Cons
I thoroughly enjoyed my time working at the store, until the new manger came. There has being a negative cast spread across the whole store, due to the bullying tactics by the new store manager.
Pros
Lovely allocation and some nice team members.
Cons
No praise and bullying from store manager.
Simply put, my manager treated everyone like ****. I found with this company it's filled with managers who act like they're above you and really prestigious, as if you're inferior and unclassy. My team were lovely but my manager was terribly biased. Left through phoning HR after my store manager manipulated my appraisal review and made me cry with personal insults. She still works there unfortunately, even after explaining the situation to area managers. Only pros are the free products that are allocated to you every month or so.
Pros
Free products are generous with staff
Cons
Awful management