L'Occitane Employee Reviews in London

Amazing company culture and work environment
Recruitment Assistant (Current Employee) –  London28 March 2019
It is amazing to work for a company that is so inclusive and collaborates with its teams. Everyone is made to feel like their ideas matter and they can contribute to the overall culture of the company.

I feel super happy at work and am always developing to the next step in my career. People have been with the company for years and there are some people that have even left and come back because hey miss the people and the atmosphere so much!
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Slow on the IT side
fun
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London12 September 2018
the place is very nice. you will very welcomed. it was a privlidge working there. the staff are amazing. one of the best companies i ever worked with to be honest.
Great culture
Internship (Former Employee) –  London21 June 2018
Responsibilities were in accounting and in retail. For accounting, I would be bookkeeping and assess data. For retail, I would have to learn about all the products.
Warehouse Operative (Temp) (Former Employee) –  London9 February 2018
A good place and productive. Wonderful products. Great team and very good management. Its a great start and keep working there. Great offers for the employe.
Fun place to work in
Wholesale & B2B Allocator (Former Employee) –  London24 October 2017
I worked in the Head Office, received great support from team members and the manager. I had an opportunity to grow and develop professionally under the guidance of my manager.
Pros
generous discount on products
Cons
Workload - Pay ratio inadequate
Fun and challenging workplace.
Senior Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  London17 May 2017
A typical day at work is managing the shop floor, motivating staffs, meeting the expectations of customer service, and exceeding sales targets.
I have learnt how to supervise at L'occitane and a few knowledge about the cosmetic industry.
The workplace culture in L'occitane is very friendly and approachable.
The hardest part of the job would be increasing sales target through conversion data.
The most enjoyable part of the job is that I learn a lot from my role and it is fun to do my job.
Good work place
Packer (Former Employee) –  London2 March 2017
good work schedule. two short breaks and a longer lunch break. I learned to pack products to scan products, pack online orders, work in a team.
Pros
Free coffee
Great work environment
Winter holiday staff (Former Employee) –  London5 August 2016
Great experience, team and working environment. It is a fast paced store, specially on holidays. The management team was fantastic as well as my co-workers. It was a friendly environment, with a lot of positive support.
Pros
Learning about the products and discounts
Cons
Not many working hours
L'Occitane was at the time a small outlett
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, ENG8 October 2015
this was one of my favourite jobs it was in a shopping city as a small outlet so you got to meet loads of different people from all cultures. As I really like any form of cosmetics and how best to serve the customers this was a grate way to learn peoples needs.
A must was to know your stock and deliver the product to the best of your ability.
Pros
I did recive a good disscount on there products
Cons
You were on your feet all day but I soon got used to that as it was very busy place.
Fun and positive environment to work in
Christmas Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London15 November 2014
A typical day at L'Occitane starts with greeting customers and being given a position on the shop floor. Targets for products were given to us. I learned a lot about the company and the products of the company. The manager was lovely, welcoming and encouraging.
Great cpmapny to work for
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  London, ENG30 October 2014
Typical working day at L'Occitane usually involves a lot of skills. You have to follow company philosophy, know all the products well and aim for the best possible customer service which is widely known within industry.

Working for the company is not simple retail job from 10-6. As L'Occitane is a leader in natural cosmetics production based on on the best quality ingredients, mainly from France, they constantly bring up new products to the market. New additions must be introduced with passion and knowledge to every customer stepping in one of the high street boutiques. I had great pleasure to perform facial consultations, hand massage and professional advice for customers. Also I attended lots of trainings, including product training, training for success, involving HR management and managers meetings.
Personally I was responsible for implementing marketing campaigns and developing local promotions within Surrey area.

Unfortunately the hardest part of the job is dealing with irresponsible staff members who are not following company orders and not engaging with customers, not following KPI. The company seem to be focused very much on individual sales results, rather on the team work and quality of customer service. Although it was not my problem to achieve the best possible ATV, some of my staff members were struggling to raise their results to the expected level.
Pros
Great products, generous allocation system, good trainings
Cons
Too focused on individual sales results