L'Occitane

L'Occitane Employee Reviews

Love the brand and the ethos but senior management really seem to lack accountability and have no understanding of running a store day to day. Too much lone trading and managers are expected to sacrifice their home life to ensure the store runs smoothly. General feeling that head office really don’t care as long as you take the money.
The products are so easy to sell because every single item is so beautiful. Management are on the ball with everything but in a great way ... I loved working for this company.
Store Manager is a bully and HR do nothing about it, when sent screenshots I got a phone call apologising but still supporting the manager. Would not recommend this company to my worst enemy.
Pros
Good discount, Assistant Manager and team where angels, they
Cons
Store manager is a bully!
I only worked there as a Christmas temp despite being a small business comparatively to other brands it is a good company they paid me good back in 2015 so i was happy. The management wasn't the best however the did create a good atmosphere most of time! their products were good the discount was amazing! they were a nice place to work for overall! The main con was they only gave you a break after 6 hours which is illegal i guess as you are meant to give break after 4 hours! overall it was a good experience i just got bored as it was really slow haha! when we had our training session before starting the job the company gave us a nice breakfast lunch! that felt so good honestly! no one else really did that!
Good Company to work,nice management and very friendly staff.I got more knowledge in skincare and beauty products.Great support from Management and team.
Management unstructured and don’t look after peoples careers. Change the business model and team structure constantly. Very quick to get rid of new staff and not clear on instruction
A working day was starting at 7.00. First task was to make the boxes and put the protection for the product inside the box. The product was following. After that beeing done, i closed the boxes and make them ready for next step.
Always change within promotions and deals, have something to do at all times, environment is relaxed, the pace is fast but sometimes quite if there is not enough traffic, overall its a good experience to work there.
The team was very approachable and went through everything in great detail about how to do my roles. I quickly gained many useful skills for my future working in a real environment.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at L'Occitane?
I learned a lot of things here. I got sales experience and I got more knowledge in skincare and beauty products. I love my team. I enjoy working there. Good Benefit.
Pros
You can try new products every month. I save a lot of money on my skincare.
Cons
The manager of the grand central store in Birmingham is a bully. I was made to feel uncomfortable every time I was at work. She would greet other employees with a hug and ignore me completely. Her contribution to the business was minimal. She stood behind a computer all day,yet took credit for anything that went well. I was given no formal training, just a folder to work through, yet she expected me to train new staff. When thefts occurred in the store, She made me feel that she believed i’d allowed it to happen or taken it myself. Never in all my years in retail have I ever felt under suspicion, so this was incredibly distressing. Due to my vast experience and success as a manager in beauty, I was expected to increase the store’s share in facial skin care business, yet the only training I received on these products was what I had read. In my previous jobs in cosmetics I was given plenty of training so felt knowledgeable and confident in the products I was selling. I felt like I was unable to achieve the targets I was given due to a lack of training. My work/life balance was appalling as I did the majority of the late night store closings and Sunday’s, with her having a lot of weekends off. it was clear from my first day that she didn’t like me. I attempted to be friendly and supportive, but this was rebuffed. I was constantly told how wonderful the previous assistant manager was and was even told that “the area manager chose you for this role, not me” For the few months that I was there my mental health suffered due to the behaviour of this woman. I was off sick for a month, - more...
Pros
Salary
Cons
Management, Hours, lack of training
Great company to work for, excellent management and clear sales targets. However, not great career progression for young adults looking to grow. The company has admirable objectives and history which if you adhere with, you will love the organisation. Gave me a depth of knowledge about customer service.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Not much room for career development
It is amazing to work for a company that is so inclusive and collaborates with its teams. Everyone is made to feel like their ideas matter and they can contribute to the overall culture of the company. I feel super happy at work and am always developing to the next step in my career. People have been with the company for years and there are some people that have even left and come back because hey miss the people and the atmosphere so much!
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Slow on the IT side
Good company to get experience for in a luxury retail industry. Benefits are great, culture of workers depends on each store but overall job satisfaction is high I would say. Management is fairly flexible with how to approach shifts and they are very open to talk to regarding any issues you might have. Really easy to know your targets and the managers are very nice to explain the objectives for individuals persons and the shops themselves.
great, in fact, amazing products to be working with. company has policy on sales strategies that can be a little restrictive, but they are very passionate and that makes for a wonderful company environment
christmas temp and all i can say is the pay is amazing and to be quite honest although the management and staff is a bit disappointing, for example both managers and assisting managers always clash and teach you differing methods
Pros
great allocations
Cons
pressure to sell is intense
- No recognition from higher up - Always point out the negatives and not the positives - Rota never done fairly, always on lates and weekend shifts - Made to feel vulnerable and like i was always doing something wrong - High staff turnover - One of the worst working environments i have ever worked in - Management poor - no support from anyone - no progression Positives Free products every month
Pros
free products
Cons
low pay, poor management, bullying
- Management changes really effect your work with swapping and changing whats right and whats wrong - Heavily KPI focused - Minimum staffing in store apart from the 2 full time managers expect to loan trade - Workplace culture is amazing really invest in there teams with L+D
Pros
meetings, training and culture of the brand
Cons
management
I love the products but the salary is not good. Nice working environment and conditions, everything is clean. Would be better if the salary was higher and better benefits.
the place is very nice. you will very welcomed. it was a privlidge working there. the staff are amazing. one of the best companies i ever worked with to be honest.
Training provided. Sometimes the store can be very quiet so it can be boring. I enjoy working with the company. Great support from my colleagues and manager. Quick progression- I was promoted from Sale Associate to Senior Sale Associate within about 2-3 months.
Pros
Staff Discount