L'Occitane Employee Reviews

Excellent workplace
Senior Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  High Street Kensington Station1 June 2019
I learned a lot of things here. I got sales experience and I got more knowledge in skincare and beauty products. I love my team. I enjoy working there. Good Benefit.
Pros
You can try new products every month. I save a lot of money on my skincare.
Awful manager
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Birmingham New Street Station, West Midlands22 May 2019
The manager of the grand central store in Birmingham is a bully. I was made to feel uncomfortable every time I was at work. She would greet other employees with a hug and ignore me completely. Her contribution to the business was minimal. She stood behind a computer all day,yet took credit for anything that went well. I was given no formal training, just a folder to work through, yet she expected me to train new staff. When thefts occurred in the store, She made me feel that she believed i’d allowed it to happen or taken it myself. Never in all my years in retail have I ever felt under suspicion, so this was incredibly distressing.
Due to my vast experience and success as a manager in beauty, I was expected to increase the store’s share in facial skin care business, yet the only training I received on these products was what I had read. In my previous jobs in cosmetics I was given plenty of training so felt knowledgeable and confident in the products I was selling. I felt like I was unable to achieve the targets I was given due to a lack of training.
My work/life balance was appalling as I did the majority of the late night store closings and Sunday’s, with her having a lot of weekends off.
it was clear from my first day that she didn’t like me. I attempted to be friendly and supportive, but this was rebuffed. I was constantly told how wonderful the previous assistant manager was and was even told that “the area manager chose you for this role, not me” For the few months that I was there my mental health suffered due to the behaviour of this woman. I was off sick for a month,
  more... having panic attacks and nightmares because of how I was made to feel. I put in a formal complaint, but I’m certain she is still continuing her reign of terror.
Such a beautiful store and lovely products, but please think carefully before you consider working for them, as I would not want anyone else to be treated the way that I was. The area manager is very nice and did his best to support me, but the store manager made it very clear that he was on her side and that I should be raising issues with her and not escalating them to him. Awful, horrible way to work.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Management, Hours, lack of training
Amazing company culture and work environment
Recruitment Assistant (Current Employee) –  London28 March 2019
It is amazing to work for a company that is so inclusive and collaborates with its teams. Everyone is made to feel like their ideas matter and they can contribute to the overall culture of the company.

I feel super happy at work and am always developing to the next step in my career. People have been with the company for years and there are some people that have even left and come back because hey miss the people and the atmosphere so much!
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Slow on the IT side
Great place to work for
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  West Midlands10 February 2019
Good company to get experience for in a luxury retail industry. Benefits are great, culture of workers depends on each store but overall job satisfaction is high I would say. Management is fairly flexible with how to approach shifts and they are very open to talk to regarding any issues you might have. Really easy to know your targets and the managers are very nice to explain the objectives for individuals persons and the shops themselves.
hard sales retail
Senior Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Guildford29 January 2019
great, in fact, amazing products to be working with. company has policy on sales strategies that can be a little restrictive, but they are very passionate and that makes for a wonderful company environment
fun workplace GREAT pay
Christmas Temp (Current Employee) –  Hampstead, UK8 December 2018
christmas temp and all i can say is the pay is amazing and to be quite honest although the management and staff is a bit disappointing, for example both managers and assisting managers always clash and teach you differing methods
Pros
great allocations
Cons
pressure to sell is intense
Fun workplace
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  UK8 October 2018
- Management changes really effect your work with swapping and changing whats right and whats wrong
- Heavily KPI focused
- Minimum staffing in store apart from the 2 full time managers expect to loan trade
- Workplace culture is amazing really invest in there teams with L+D
Pros
meetings, training and culture of the brand
Cons
management
Great products poor salary
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Hampstead3 October 2018
I love the products but the salary is not good. Nice working environment and conditions, everything is clean. Would be better if the salary was higher and better benefits.
fun
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London12 September 2018
the place is very nice. you will very welcomed. it was a privlidge working there. the staff are amazing. one of the best companies i ever worked with to be honest.
Great Boutique
Senior Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bracknell11 September 2018
Training provided. Sometimes the store can be very quiet so it can be boring. I enjoy working with the company. Great support from my colleagues and manager. Quick progression- I was promoted from Sale Associate to Senior Sale Associate within about 2-3 months.
Pros
Staff Discount
Cons
amazing company - have loved working here from the moment I got the job!!
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Winchester14 July 2018
this company is so warming and welcoming to all staff and customers. A well informed company with what the public desires - and their workforce too! Incredible perks and benefits in house and globally from this company. I NEVER WANT TO LEAVE
Pros
Cons
too much fun!
Great culture
Internship (Former Employee) –  London21 June 2018
Responsibilities were in accounting and in retail. For accounting, I would be bookkeeping and assess data. For retail, I would have to learn about all the products.
Nice company
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Covent Garden2 June 2018
Little hours on contract you need two jobs to be able to pay bills but nice company to work for. Easy job. Nice rewards.
Produsts are amazing. Trainings very helpful.
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Small hours contracts
great place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Windsor12 May 2018
lovely place to work, pride themselves on customer service, top 100 company to work for, good salary and added benefits, only negative would be long hours, and some upper management having favourites. very detailed with merchandising, offers, training on new products etc
far better than most
Christmas Temp (Former Employee) –  Cheltenham12 March 2018
Surplus and clear information on company and product experience, with both staff and customer perspective.
Advancement and movement within company seemed slow and unlikely.
Okay
Senior Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Reading12 February 2018
Enjoyed my time there but management is awful. Pay is very good and found some good friends there but I was very glad to be leaving after a year and a half.
Warehouse Operative (Temp) (Former Employee) –  London9 February 2018
A good place and productive. Wonderful products. Great team and very good management. Its a great start and keep working there. Great offers for the employe.
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands31 January 2018
Is a great place to work learning a lot and the company offers a lot to the workers. Overall if you're thinking about applying do it!! Management is super cool and care about your progress.
Pros
Pay, skills, allocation, team members
Not worth the upset
Senior Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sheffield14 January 2018
The company its self, good... products lovely but the management APPALLING!
The job is as easy as any other retail role consisting of day to day cleaning duties stock counts and till work, the company aim to be customer service orientated but you'll find you have a few jobs handed to you at once as 'priority' meaning you can't focus on the customers.
Dealing with the management is what makes this place so negative. Sales assistants were amazing friendly and fun to work with but as soon as the management walked into store moods shifted and became very negative. There is little to no positive reinforcement or appreciation. There was never quite enough you could do that would satisfy the management. Issues would be over-looked and not sorted in an appropriate manner.
The hardest part of the job? Coping with all the passive aggressive belittling from management.
The most enjoyable? Lovely products and a visually pleasing store.
Pros
Great products
Cons
Poor Management
Great Company
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Heasd Office10 January 2018
Head Office is friendly, everyone is helpful, many parties and perks (staff sale)!

Good hours.

Management are approachable.
CSA Team are lovely to work with.
Pros
Staff Sale & monthly product allocation
Cons
one saturday every few weeks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at L'Occitane. Our community is ready to answer.

L'Occitane Reviews by Location