Here to help
Coronavirus update

L&Q Employee Reviews

United Kingdom61 reviews
Very professional lifting team
Highly professional and experienced lift team Ap and Crane supervisors. Prepared to help and work together. Vast knowledge on lifting techniques and highest professionalism
Fun working
Team working spirit.
Positive Energy.

Working culture.

Career progression.

leading and development is a great experience.

Encouraging pension scheme and benefits.
Excellent company to work for
Excellent company to work for. Nice to feel valued as an employee. Pay is competitive for the industry and good benefits. Great location for commuting.
Intense at times but worth it
The job itself can be stressful at times, however the stress is worth the good times.
It is a very supportive working environment where hard work and going the extra mile is recognised.
Not Safe place to work
Bins don't move correctly, to much work under presser and when you injure your self, they don't take responsibility and get other staff to cover up for the company
A challenging job, I grew in confidence and learnt a great deal as a result
Left due to moving out of London. Commute time and price was way above pay scale, so I had no choice but to resign.

It was a quick paced and at times extremely stressful job. I gained resilience and the ability to think on my feet during a crisis and to work well under pressure.

These as well as the ability to manage workload, create and maintain filing systems under extreme pressure among other skills are invaluable moving forward with my career.

I felt extremely supported and encouraged by my line manager, however I cannot say the same about some colleagues. It felt at times that their negative and hostile attitude towards me was racially motivated. That is one thing that made my time there a lot harder than it needed to be. It is one thing I will not miss.
Need to be on-site at tenant's property by 8am to start work.

Communication key and need to ensure paperwork completed after each job.

Regular toolbox talks with team / supervisor to discuss issues or for general firm updates.

Van, fuel card, PDA & all clothing provided by the firm.

Need to be team player as often working with another member of the team and always liaising with the planners regarding job specs / issues.

Option to be included in out-of-hours rota.
East Thames Group, Dedicated to Caring
East Thames Group was an absolute please to work for, alloying me to take full responsibility to provide recommendations to upgrading their entire WAN, LAN and Citrix Farm across 81 sites. This reduced logon times from 40 mins to 11 seconds. The staff were amazing, extremely committed and polite and dedicated in providing the brilliant care. I enjoyed the friendly staff and commitment from their governance team.
Work environment is good
There are so many areas to choose from and career paths to develop on to. All depends on the role you part take in. To succeed and to be stable in. Generally a decent friendly company. Just got to pick carefully in the right direction and role you are suitable for.
Pros
Development paths
Cons
Undecided
Not a great place to work!
L&Q has an amazing strategy over the next few years to provide better housing for tenants. A lot of exciting work to do.

However, they have a hand few of senior leadership including HR who are only intrested in there own personal agenda and dont care how they treat people!

They are not signing experienced people's 6 month probation off because they have been a few minutes late after being in back to back meetings or because senior people are unwilling to be realistic with projects!

Such a shame
Power drunk Management
Great place to work although if you are not buddy with your manager sadly you will not progress,hardwork is not recognised and your confidence will be shattered. Constantly putting staffs down

Pro: Training top notch

Con ❌ inexperienced management with no boundaries
excellent
I loved working with East Thames very much.
I learned a lot of new skills and new tasks and would love to work in a similar role again.

What I enjoyed most of all was liaising with customers.
Not the best company if someone doesn't like you
Amazing residence but management don't really manage the staff they just palm off their work on staff and get paid for it! Staff aren't treated fairly and no actual induction for staff and courses are miles away from where you actually work
Pros
Money
Cons
A fun and exciting place to work!
Amazing company with a lot of room for growth. Some of the best colleagues you can ever work with, great supporting managers. The company has now merged with London and Quadrant to form one of the biggest housing associations in the UK.
Pros
Good salary
East-Thames gives you opportunity to learn and get promoted, they allow you to work with different client with different culture.
East-Thames is a very good place to work, the worker are always encouraged to learn, always provide relevant training that goes with the job you are doing issued the certificate where you done and successful
Pros
No free lunch
Cons
Long hours is optional
Not the best place to work
It is a extremely stressful place to work, no training is provided yet so much is expected of you, they stretch you to the limit and cause a lot of mental health issues on staff.

The good things are, amazing colleagues, its 9am-5pm and the offer training opportunities.
Pros
9-5, amazing colleuges
Cons
no traning provided, stretched beyond your limit, 10 jobs roles in one role
Stressful and unsupportive environment
- Completely unsupportive environment - management make things sound very easy, however they don't support you to make sure things are done correctly
- Not given time to read support plans before supporting a client - which their policy states that you have to

- Put on shift before I've completed basic training - throughout the time I worked their I barely did any training as I had to be on shift; this was really disappointing as I know they have loads of amazing training opportunities, but accessing them is difficult

- Unprofessional colleagues

- Understaffed - agency workers had to fill gaps, some of which had never worked there before and would be expected to work alone

- No work-life balance whatsoever

- Lack of basic office essentials

- Basic pay
Cons
Long hours, constantly understaffed, new staff thrown in at the deep end, low wage
Very poor due to Senior Managers
Very corrupt senior managers and directors, they only care about their bonuses and KPI's and what looks good on paper and their website, they make no real difference to people lives whether a staff member or a client, the directors and senior managers, they are rotten and ruined what used to be a very good organisation.
Pros
training
Cons
an obsession with KPI targets.
Not a fun place to work as a plumber
Want you to multitrade as much as possible.With them for a year and left because management lazy and got all the real bonuses off the backs of trades.Useless for problem solving on site.As supervisors found many times sleeping in there vans and have a go at you for not performing when you are.Manager was a crook yet a manager on this outfit no real screwing done here.Ops working on unvented systems without a certificate unbelievable.My advice if you are a trade don’t work here
Pros
Van with stock
Cons
Working cross borough so never know where you end up
Management issues
Management are not willing for others to come up the ladder unless your buddy them ?
They give staff bonuses to us so we complete workplace ratings surveys and encourage us to lie about how good it is to work here ?

They made an increble profit last year in 2018 but called us into a board meeting for all staff and advised us that there would be NO staff bonus this year ??? However the directors and other main management gained a record bonus for themselves??? SHOCKING!

I have been shocked when working here for the last 2 years !

Would strongly advise others to stay away from an organisation of this sought !!
Pros
Met some lovely people
Cons
Overworked - poor pay - poor management - disrespecting people in lower positions
Career Development
The company helps you develop your career and offers many courses to assist you. The environment is very friendly and the management helps you balance your work life, especially if you have a family. I've been with this company less than 6 months and they have alot of team building events for recognition of the team's hard work.
Pros
10% bonus, life insurance
Cons
Location, not the safest place to work