Kurt Geiger Employee Reviews

Great experience
HR Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London17 April 2019
I had a great experience in this busy and fast pasted environment. I particularly enjoyed the interesting tasks I was set to do and loved the enthusiasm staff always showed towards their work.
Horrible management
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear25 March 2019
I worked in the free standing store for 11 months, I met some wonderful colleagues. However the management of the team was horrendous. They do not care about your life outside of work and bully you into not being able to say anything against them.

the shoe discount was really good and I really enjoyed my first 6 months working there.

The regional manager is so lovely, and the head of Retail Ross Warden is one of the nicest people I have met. But in the specific store I worked in there was clear favouritism and a promotion that was given to a staff member that wasn't advertised to everyone else.

You were not allowed to talk to other colleagues even if it was quiet and you were getting on with your work, yet the management would sit up in the stock room all day on their phones and even showing us which dresses they had ordered from ASOS.

On multiple occasions I witnessed them looking up applicants on instagram and facebook and would entertain themselves laughing at them.

I believed that I was leaving on good terms, after handing in my notice the manager ignored me for my full months notice! No exaggeration I did not see her for one month and she never got back to me on an issue that I had confided in her about. She was two faced and ignored you if it didn't benefit her. I received no leaving card or anything which really upset me.

3/5 of the girls who worked there at the same time as me have now decided to leave which I hope will make the management realise that something has to change with how they run their store.
Pros
50% shoe discount
Cons
no breaks under 6 hour shifts, nasty environment
good job
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh13 March 2019
good place to work with, culture of the business is good, good discount rates, however no bonus schemes for people working lower postions and only pay minimum wage and need to make the rest up in commision
Worst Treatment of Employees
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  West Midlands8 February 2019
My experience at Kurt Geiger could be described as horrendous. I wasn't allowed my approved holiday, was forced to work hours that I wasn't shifted for, was bullied by HR and the store management and was underpaid on my first and last pay check. For a company that I worked for a month for, I was absolutely appalled and devastated by the way that I was treated.
On my first shift I was warned by the other KG staff about the store managers communication and lack of manners, she was rude and had no idea what she was doing, any questions that I had, had to be taken up with HR.
I was told that I would be issued with a disciplinary if I was not to attend shifts that I had proof of pre booked and approved vacation of.
Overall, I would not advise anyone to work for KG after my experience. As someone that has worked in retail for a number of years, I have never felt the pressure to leave a job role within a number of weeks.
Pros
None.
Cons
Not paid for 15 minute closes, not approve holidays, no pay increase even when it is stated that will give one, lack of communication, bad manager skills.
Poor management
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Canterbury, Kent1 February 2019
I worked at Canterbury Kurt Geiger for 3 months and were the worst 3 months I have lived. The management was absolutely poor!! Manager would constantly verbally abuse her staff, would change the rota 12 hours before the shift, constantly belittle her staff, would invade personal things and so much more. The only benefit is the pay and discounts you get. Would never work for a place like this again
Pros
Salary
Awful place to work
Full Time Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London20 January 2019
A typical day at work includes serving customers while cleaning the shop floor, meeting high standards and targets, dealing with deliveries of up to 16 boxes a day and cvs orders alone to then recieve no appreciation from management. I found kurt Geiger to have an extremely playground like atmosphere (down to management team). Overall not a good place to work
Pros
Discount (after 3 months)
Cons
Everything else
Productive and fun
Dual Site Concession Manager (Former Employee) –  Leeds And Bradford18 January 2019
Loved working here the only downside to this job was the area manager I had.

Great products, lots to do, fun training activities, some good incentives but not enough or are impossible to win unless you have low targets.
Pros
Good discount, good environment
Cons
Strict management, hard to get promotion
Lovely management and nice work environment
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Sheffield4 January 2019
Lovely place to work and management are great! Staff super friendly and helpful too. Also opportunity to progress, only left due to ill health issues.
Pros
Great management
Excellent Company
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  England17 December 2018
KG have excellent benefits including salary; uniform shoes and discount. I work for a concession amongst a friendly and small team; often lone working for morning and evening shifts (mainly weekdays); overall positive work culture
Pros
Seasonal uniform shoes
Cons
Test shops
I absolutely loved it
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Birmingham / Airport11 November 2018
The branch that I worked in was amazing from the management team to sales associates everyone was just lovely, my area manager was fantastic. I will honestly miss everyone.
I’m so grateful that I got a chance to be part of team and represent KG. Thank you so much to my amazing manager and my lovely area manager for the opportunity. #TEAMKG
Pros
Discount, Staff
absolutley shocking
Sales Consultant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Bath, Somerset4 November 2018
as a younger sales consultant i was very patronised by the management. The manager was never here and was always taking constant holidays leaving the sales consultants to take control. The debenhams staff are very intimidating and the manager used to threaten to lose your job. The management was terrible from all aspects we had 4 members of staff to cover 7 days worth of shifts. when you join your supposed to be fully trained and 2 months after i join i hadn't had training in anything so me and the sales consultants often made mistakes. sometimes we couldn't take lunch breaks or manager would forget to give us them. i didn't get my staff shoes until 3 months of working there when they are part of your uniform so your supposed to get them straight away
Pros
making friends with colleagues
Cons
every aspect of the brand and management
Disorganised management and company
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London3 November 2018
Poor communication from management and HR. It takes HR forever to put new starters on the system and once people leave also they don't pay them correctly. Area managers can't handle anything. Salaries are a joke here. From sales assistants to Branch managers everyone's salary is a joke. They set unrealistic targets so beating them is almost impossible so you can kiss your bonus goodbye. They squeeze their staff and the number of staff leaving the company is very high. I found no positives working for this company. Even getting HR to activate your employee discount is a task as HR/ Head office at KG work at snail pace. They do baseless trainings every month where the staff is expected to learn about each and every part of a shoe and how it is made and staff are also expected to come in on their days off to attend the training for 1 hour(They do pay you for it but its like a day off wasted travelling to work to attend training when you could have done something more worthwhile with your day and time). Their mystery shopper expectations are very robotic. You have a fixed set of questions which you need to ask every shopper(expectant mystery shopper). They have very high expectations from staff but pay them peanuts. No support is provided in this company. It's all talks and no action. Do yourself a favour and avoid working for this company. To be honest this company does not even deserve 1 star.
Pros
Cons
Everything about working for Kurt geiger
productive and fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands2 November 2018
- Met with daily targets and briefed on the goals of the week.
- Updated on new products to look out for/ promotions and offers.
- You have to be confident to approach people and enjoy sales.
change of management
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Guildford, Surrey29 October 2018
Loved the job initially, management changed and changed everything about how I was working. This made me want to leave as I was happy before.
This was only a Sunday job
Bad management, bad communication
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  West London, UK24 October 2018
Management not very honest or clear. Was told when I started pay rate would be £8.50 then found out 2 weeks later £8.00 hourly. Really rude supervisers, a 3 year kid has more manners. HR drag their feet with contracts - I got mine just 2 months after I started. When I come in morning for my shift standards were appauling and it was the supervisors working the night before. Was told I needed to do a couple weeks notice by manager when I resigned but contract said 1 week. I was asked if I could do the rest of the week but due to wrong information given by manager I just did my weeks notice then left. Constantly doing standards even though I did not see anyone else doing it even at end of day.

I would just like to say I love the brand but it is what is just behind it that is not terribly good
Pros
Apparently free shoes and 50% discount
Cons
Very rude supervisors and bad communication from managers
It was good and bad
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Swansea & Cardiff7 October 2018
I worked in a Debenhams concession for a year and a half and it was a great place to work. Got a long well with all the staff and I couldn’t have asked for a better manager. It would get annoying when Debenhams customers would come up to you asking for something, thinking that you work for Debenhams. Some customers would complain about the prices of the shoes a lot however, I think if you worked in a Free Standing store I don’t think you’d have that problem.

I transferred to a Topshop concession because I was moving away for uni and my experience there was completely different. Horrible staff, bad management, and even though I had worked for the company for over a year, I still didn’t get any training. It was a horrible experience that caused me a lot of stress and I would dread going into work. This made me hand in my notice after working there for 2 weeks. It was a shame to leave the company on such a low note.

Kurt Geiger’s training programme is a lengthy process: you have to complete a Brand Ambassador 1 exam in your probation period of 3 months, and then a Brand Ambassador 2 exam which should be completed within 9 months! At the end of the BA2 exam, you were promised a pay raise up to £8 an hour.. which I NEVER recieved throughout my time working there!!

If you are thinking of working for Kurt Geiger, I would recommend working for a Free Standing Store or a Debenhams concession.
Pros
50% discount
Cons
Excessive amount of training & exams, poor management
ok
Sales assistant/Assistant Manager- Helping (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol30 September 2018
great place to work if you are a student or under 30. constantly changing management and not great relationships between assistants and management and especially area management.
Pros
discount
Cons
not being appreciated or given help to fulfil potential
nice
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Cardiff City, Cardiff25 September 2018
enjoyed working there and get to have allowance for shoes and 50% off for purchases including sale so is brilliant if you like shoes and the brand, super
Fun place to work
Customer service, advice, data capture, upselling (Current Employee) –  Bromley24 September 2018
I have really enjoyed working here as I like the people I work with and there are also a lot of benefits working for this company. I like being able to comply to a customers needs.
Pros
free shoes
Cons
bad salary
Poor organisation
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Nottingham22 September 2018
I wouldn’t work here , nor recommend it.
Bad organisation with an unrealistic view of who they are. The shoes are sometimes poor quality but yet do expensive
Pros
Free shoes
Cons
Bad management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kurt Geiger. Our community is ready to answer.