Kurt Geiger

Kurt Geiger Employee Reviews

United Kingdom208 reviews
The pay is not very good for the amount of work you are expected to do. Training of staff is often not a priority as it gets rather busy. Expect to be completely disrespected by customers... Its not all bad. Most stores have very reasonable hours and will often reward members of staff with free products.
I worked here for 9 months and had more managers than hot dinners. And no good ones at that. No one has a clue or any respect for sales staff, regional manager is nothing short of evil. When you start working here you understand why no one is happy or stay for long. Watched a heavily pregnant member of staff work 10 hour shifts with no break and be expected to carry multiple heavy boxes. Company are cheap and do not care about staff morale whatsoever. HR are absolutely useless as well. Don't be drawn in by the luxury name, if you care about your mental health, you will skip this one.
Pros
absolutely nothing
Cons
management, low staff morale, useless HR dept
I have worked at Kurt geiger twice once on a concession in a department store and once in a full standing store. The first time I was left with no management for 3 months whilst doing a levels with no offer of extra pay to do all the managers work whilst missing school as they were very demanding on me working despite being on a 12 hour contract. The second time I worked for them I was treated as a child even though I had previously done the managers job. They treated all part timers like slaves and management gossiped between one another whilst the part timers did all the work. They make you feel guilty for being ill and to the point where the area manager has had a go at me for being ill saying it is unfair. Management are awful all the way up and don't consider that you are actual human beings not working robots. They mispaid me for months which took a while to sort out. The concession was bearable but only because of the department store staff and friends I made otherwise it would be a very boring and horrible job.
Pros
Discount, if you Get it
Cons
bad management
This is the worst company I've ever worked for. Senior management overworked, stressed so don't have time to reply to emails, calls or messages and also HQ are the same If you need them. Expected to work 12 hour shifts without a break daily. Working within a tight staffing budget so if you have staff sickness you cant replace as you don't have anyone to step in to help. So a lot of the time your left on your own to do absoulty everything. .. staff turnover is high as they do not treat anyone with respect.
Oh and training is poor as well.

Don't be fooled into it by the benefits and the Brand name. This is not a company you want to work for.
horrible company to work for unless you are plastic meaning unless you tan your skin, pile on the makeup,have a locker full of cosmetics,carry hairdryer and straighteners with you because your expected to freshen up and re do hair and makeup on your lunch break and that's if your lucky enough to get one
management were friendly and staff got along. a typical day at work the store wasn't very busy but the salary was good. the interview process was relaxed and very informative
During my first two weeks, I was told to just watch people on the tills - no actual training. This wasn’t too much of an issue until I got pulled for not making enough sales, however I can’t make sales when I wasn’t till trained which I mentioned. Was told on my third shift that maybe I should’ve considered working elsewhere. the manager was overall awful and no surprise that every month there is a portion going at that store.
Manager of Debenhams kurt Geiger in Birmingham is a horrible nasty woman.
Clearly has no life herself so she would make everyone else’s difficult by talking to them like there her minions
Management don’t bother, no work progression no thanks for any overtime or extras you do for the company. Overall I wouldn’t recommend. Never any urgency for situations arising that could possibly be a possible problem until it’s too late, management do not listen to feedback given. Not even a phone call after handing your notice inform your manager is appalling not even a thank you.
KG is a great place to work. Hours are long & there's a lot to consider when managing, but overall a productive & motivating company. Higher management are great in recognizing talent and push for progression.
Pros
Discounts, Management communication, guides promotion
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Kurt Geiger?
very friendly
quite busy which is good for business and sales

friendly staff and managers

smart dressed

manager was always on board

meeting friendly new customers

meteting deadlines

pricing chnage over

latest trends displayed on shop floor
A day to day work required of me was to clean the shop floor, check stocks and price tags and organise the items on the shop floor. I learned how to work the till and converse with customers in a friendly and strong way. The manager at my workplace was kind and informative, as well as the team. However, the management beside my shop manager lacked in providing the shop with better quality till machines that kept breaking and communication were poor.
There are so many employee benefits along with support from management if needed.

There’s always the opportunity to progress within your job role, multiple training courses to constantly extend your knowledge
It is so stressful, they never give you days off which you desire. If you are on an 8 hour contract, then they force you to do an extra 20 hours on top of that. The bigger managers are horrible and make you feel worthless when you spend so much time trying to sell and make sure the shop looks good. Everyone leaves the job quickly!!!
I learnt a lot whilst working there and got many benefits- there is always something to do so you're never bored. You get many benefits and get to work with lovely people.
Pros
Very good discount and work benefits
Cons
busyness during christmas/holidays
I thoroughly enjoyed working at Kurt Geiger, the only reason I left was because another opportunity presented itself.

They are very hands on when it comes to training everyone and very customer service oriented which is important
Pros
Amazing discount
Cons
Fast paced work environment that allows for the build of both personal and professional skills.

Management gives thorough training and is always willing to help.
The management at this role was disgusting. The way she spoke to people was completely unacceptable. I worked for the Debenhams concession and it was the worst role I’ve ever had. She would make nasty remarks and constantly pull you up in front of other people. You are expected to work like a slave for minimum wage and deal with her vile attitude on top of that. Joke
Loved colleagues but Management was really poor. no support from upper management of your not getting the proper support from you left manager. Not allowed to speak to colleagues on shop floor at all or even anyone else that you work with as they feel you are “pushing customers away”
Good staff perks, receive 50% staff discount and 20% off of sale items. Receive a free pair of shoes as uniform 2/3 times a year ( they need to stay at work). Negatives - often lone working, you often need to juggle customers, floor moves and promos on your own even during peak times which can feel impossible. Not a lot of opportunity for internal promotion but that was just my store
After 17 years working this is the worst company I've had the pleasure of working with. Bad management all round and when you are treated unfairly HR does nothing about it. There is a systematic failure towards employees which goes straight to the top.

KG brands itself as a very profitable company and from what I've learnt its all down to the unfair treatment of staff here and abroad where most the shoes are made.

While with the company I worked in 4 stores and in 3 out of 4 all employees were facing difficutlies and felt they had nowhere to turn(some of these employees I've recently found out have now left the company).

UNIFORM- The company is so proud of their free shoes policy. The way I view it you make the staff model the shoes for months (can't wear outside of store) then they take it home. Employees are forced to wear all black which the company does not provide (which is illegal under employments laws).

To say I was so excited to work for the company I could not wait to hand my notice in, that day all the stress melted away.

I can only describe the company now as a LUXURY BRAND WITH SLAVE OWNER ETHICS.