Kumon Employee Reviews

Found 212 reviews matching the search See all 1,793 reviews
productive
Classroom Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands26 February 2017
Students must do the work before leaving and their work must be marked. I have learnt that each child has different strengths and it is important to do what they feel comfortable in. The culture in the workplace is very diverse it is important too accept kids of different faiths. The hardest part of the job is to maintain that the kids stay focused. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the kids progress from not knowing to knowing, seeing the impact that kumon has on the kids.
Productive and helpful
Class assistant (Current Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff7 November 2017
Overall I like working here, the work load is not too much and the hours are very convinient. The work is not hard as long as you understand the topic the child is on.
Teamwork Based, A lot of Communication, Friendly Atmosphere
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Dorridge19 December 2016
A typical day at work would entail; setting up the room before the children arrived, welcoming the parents along with their children, managing the children and making sure that everyone was on task, then when all of the children had arrived and finished their work we would pack everything away.

It helped me to develop my team-working, social and communicative skills, it also aided my patience.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working with a lot of different individuals.
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Kingsbury, Greater London5 December 2016
A typical day of work will consist of teaching and maintaining a sufficient communication between both parents and tutee. This job has increased my confidence in talking to different people. In addition to my time management in marking my students work, alongside having to complete my own school work. This experience has taught me to work in a team environment with the other tutors and independently to overcome unexpected challenges through the ability to adapt. My job consisted of challenges in having to maintain constant motivation with the tutees after their long day in school. However, I enjoyed this job because I had the opportunity to adapt to challenging situations which I solve independently.
Great
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Thornton Heath, Greater London7 September 2017
Its a great place to start if you looking to go into the education sector int he future. Time goes really fast, most of the time you do not get enough hours as it only lasts around 3 hours two or three days a week.
Pros
Enjoyable
Cons
Short hours
Not the Best.
Instructor's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Croesyceiliog, UK15 October 2017
Working at kumon was relatively easy and next to no hassle. But, the work was extremely boring and i found my colleagues to be very unsociable and therefore difficult to work with.
Great Team and place to work
Teaching Assistant (Work Experience) (Current Employee) –  Croydon, Greater London5 July 2017
I get to work with young people which is great, the company allows for me to work with a range of leaners and abilities. The management is great and supportive. Hardest part of the job is learning how to identify academic levels.
Pros
Working Hours
Cons
N/a
Very good but sometimes wage doesn't feel enough
Kumon Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands26 August 2017
Good work ethic and atmosphere but very busy sometimes and wage doesn't reflect work.
Sometimes work is passed onto the newer employees and can be stressful
Management is very good and friendly
Efficient and productive workplace
Kumon Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chadwell Heath, Greater London7 August 2017
Kumon assistants may dedicate attention towards students whilst aiding them with worksheets, it is a rewarding job however requires focus and a sense of responsibility towards working with children of primary ages.
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Kenton, UK13 May 2017
working at kumon i have learnt to be patience while working with younger children. it is a very easy going job which requires you to be helpful. my most enjoyable part of the job was helping the children out with their work and seeing them succeed in certain areas they use to struggle with.
Pros
flexible
Cons
a lot of marking to be done

Want to know more about Kumon?

Ask a question
Simple joyful job
Maths and English Tutor (Former Employee) –  Preston13 July 2016
I enjoyed working at Kumon as i was able to find a lot of use out of working there for example, a day would consist of marking work, sitting with students that needed help with their work and talking to the students one on one. Before this job i do not feel as though i had a lot of confidence nor when i started however working in that type of environment put a lot more responsibility on myself meaning i had to adapt quickly. I do believe this job changed me for the better!
Pros
short shifts
fun workplace
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Coventry13 July 2016
Kumon was a productive and fun workplace as it involved great interaction with students. Typically i would have 1-on-1 tuition sessions with students and record/mark their work. I learnt how to deal with the pressures of time management and the workload. I also learnt how to work well as a team by helping each other when needed. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the progress of the students knowing you had helped them.
Pros
Great management
Cons
would like greater pay
Productive and Engaging
Kumon Assistant (Former Employee) –  Frimley22 June 2016
Working at Kumon enabled me to develop my team working and communication skills. My job role was to guide students in their maths and english studies and provide feedback to the head regarding the students progress. I enjoyed working at Kumon due to the calm, friendly, warm atmosphere amongst great co workers. At the start it was tough to cope with the pressure, however overtime I developed my time management, which enabled me to keep up with the workload.
Fun workplace because of the children
Tuition teacher (Former Employee) –  Malaysia7 April 2016
I have to use the simplest and easier ways to teach the kids and let them easier to understand the classwork and homework. I have learned the way to speaks and guide so that the kids easy to understand. I have to manage most of the kids homework and when they need to submit the works.

The hardest part of this job is that the kids are very naughty, therefore, I have need more passion. The most enjoyable part is because of the kids. They are really cute and so real with the smile.
Running and Education Franchise
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Loughton9 February 2013
Good things:
Working with children helping them to grow in confidence and ablity, being master of my own time. Meeting parents and developing good working relationships with them.

Bad things:
Sometimes the franchisor seems to have his own ideas of what suits best and it is not always applicable for individual centres such as my own. Regular rule changes and removing key motivational targets for students does not help retention figures
Busy productive
Assistant instructor (Current Employee) –  queensbury6 November 2013
extremely busy, sorting out children's work folders giving class work. Listening to their reading, checking their work both maths and English.

Management is good, family run so it is run smoothly.

hardest part is constantly keeping an eye on all children to make sure they are safe and health and safety regulations are always being followed.

Most enable part is teaching the children and knowing you have made a valuable difference.
Pros
working with children
Cons
short hours
Efficient and productive
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Feltham, ENG13 September 2014
A typical day at work would be helping students with Maths and English and helping them to reach their goals; trying to learn independently .

During my time at Kumon I learnt to interact with children and how to communicated with them. I also learn to be confident and to be presentable.

I enjoy working with my co-workers as they all are friendly and we all help each other when work gets busy.

The hardest part is to look after younger kids as they always like to misbehave nonetheless it is enjoyable to work with the children.
Pros
Working with students
Cons
Working straight after school
Productive and busy workplace
Assistant (Current Employee) –  Stevenage8 April 2014
a typical day at my work will differ from day to day. On a monday i will sit on a table with around 5/6 children between the ages of 4-10 helping them with their English and Maths work. This is under timed conditions ensuring each child is happy, safe and comfortable.
On Tuesdays I sit with another assistant and mark work given in from children and then grade it in folders. Once it has been graded I organise it into folders, put it in alphabetical order and file it.
On Saturdays I also mark and grade work whilst managing 'number-boards' which I am also in charge of. This has taught me how to manage between responsibilities.
Pros
Improved social skills
Cons
distance and low pay
Tuition classes
Administrator and teacher (Current Employee) –  wathamstow6 September 2013
It is classes based on engllish and maths subjects.
At Kumon, our aim is for each and every child to become an independent, advanced learner, with a positive attitude to study.

This classes having so many branches available and the timing of classis arranged the way accordingly childrenes school..

i am having apportunity that i worked with so many and diffrent cultural children.

i am doing management there like set their work and prepare work for childern for next week, check their worksheets and give them feed back and if necessary give feedback to the parents.
Pros
no bond to work there and freely atmoshere
Cons
short hours
Enjoyable and rewarding workplace
Marking Assistant/Teacher (Current Employee) –  London9 February 2013
Working at Kumon allows me to develop on my methods of teaching. I aim to make my methods of teaching specific to each age group and specific to each student of that age group. I enjoy watching children improve and achieve good results, as not only does it show improvement on their side but improvement on the teachers side too. The hardest part of the job is probably trying to figure out what type of teaching technique works best for each student as some would require a lot of help, whilst some require little and just need that push to keep them motivated. My co-workers vary from a similar age to an older age. I enjoy working with them and learning from the more experienced too.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kumon. Our community is ready to answer.