Kumon Employee Reviews

Inspirational team & busy working enviroment
Events Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Southgate Station4 April 2016
Kumon Educational is a dynamic workplace with friendly and supportive staff. The company offers fantastic benefits and operates a bonus scheme.
Pros
Benefits and bonus
Cons
Commute time
No two days are the same
Area Manager (Current Employee) –  Manchester30 March 2016
Kumon is keen to improve and develop the product it delivers and it is constantly trying to improve its product and the quality of service it provides to Instructors and customers.

I work with a wide variety of people and need to be flexible and adaptable in my approach to diverse situations.

The most enjoyable part of my job is working with the Instructors. It is very satisfying to see them work with me in making changes necessary to improve their business. I enjoy the interaction with people who do not always, initially, see that changes in approach can bring rewards, not only to them, but to their students.
Pros
In the main I manage my own time and diary
Cons
Sometimes the amount of travelling I need to do can be a little challenging
Porductive workplace
Tutor (Former Employee) –  London12 February 2016
This was my hardest work experience up to date. The shifts were 9-5 with no more than an hour break daily. The interaction with co-workers was very minimal as everyone was usually deep into work.
I actually enjoyed the hard work though. There was a huge sense of accomplishment every time I managed to get a new task completed and I truly enjoyed the pressure I experienced trying to meet deadlines on a day-to-day basis.
A good working place with minimal flaws
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Coventry, ENG3 February 2016
Typical day at work usually starts with setting up the class and then going to the marking table to do administrative work. I learned how to set a situation to live up to expected health and safety standards. co-workers are friendly and willing to teach new assistants
Kumon
Part-Time Tutor (Former Employee) –  London20 January 2016
The job consisted of tutoring up to 6 children aged 3-15 in Maths and English.
It reinforced my literacy and numeracy skills, and focused largely on convey new methods to learning.
Fun place to work
Maths/English Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bedford17 January 2016
This is a good place to work as a first job and will learn a lot of skills. The co-workers are hard workers. You learn to work with children and adults so that is a positive and it is not that busy so you can do your job well.
Pros
short hours
Cons
smal business
Lovely work environment
Senior Classroom Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, ENG13 January 2016
The hardest part of the job is intrinsically linked to the most enjoyable aspect of the job for me. Often, the younger student would get frustrated with their given work and it would be difficult to motivate them, or get them to listen when I tried to explain it to them. However, once this stage was passed and I saw them do their work and beam when they got it correct was the most enjoyable part of the day.
a quiet work place
Marking Maths and English work (Current Employee) –  South Norwood, ENG13 January 2016
It is a place for kids to learn and to do their work to help improve their Maths and English skills.
Marking their work shows how much they improve on a weekly basis
Fun place to work
To assist the Kumon teacher (Current Employee) –  Penarth, WLS4 January 2016
A great place to work for your first job good little money earner while still studying in school or A levels. Learnt a lot about how hard you need to work.
Pros
Short hours
Cons
Good pay
Fun and Hard working place
Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hereford, ENG14 October 2015
I've learnt how to be part of a team and have gained communication skills. Not only by working with the other assistants and instructor but with working with the kids and sometimes their parents. Great Management and co-workers.
fun workplace.
Tutor (Former Employee) –  M015 October 2015
I teached students from different age group. The subject that i taught were English, Mathematics and Malay. I find it was something which test your patience as it is related to students with varies character. Its hard when the students are really young or weak in certain subjects,
Pros
free tea
Cons
Fun and rewarding place to work
Classroom assistant (Former Employee) –  Cobham, ENG4 October 2015
Good place to work and rewarding, assisting younger children with their English and Maths. I really enjoyed working here on a part time basis.
good place
Maths Assistant (Former Employee) –  Redditch, ENG24 September 2015
I thoroughly enjoyed working here. it gave me the opportunity to work in a similar environment to my career goal of becoming a teacher
Productive and fun place to work
Tutor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ENG21 September 2015
Employees are fun to work with, they make the atmosphere very jolly. Putting a smile on customer's faces makes my day! exciting workplace
Easy and comfortable workplace
Maths and English Assistant (Former Employee) –  United Reformed Church8 September 2015
A typical day at work would be engaging and busy but not too much pressure, all assistants were helpful and sociable and the management and organisation was very good.
Fun workplace and productive
Class assistant (Former Employee) –  London25 August 2015
Teaching children of all ages is fun and rewarding.
Organisation skills are greatly improved as well as admin and communication.
Great Weekend Job
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Great Barr, ENG19 August 2015
The pay is good and the job is very rewarding. Very simple job that requires you to tutor kids and mark there work. Good if your looking for a bit of extra money
Good experience
TEACHING ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  London19 August 2015
I enjoyed working as a teaching assistant during the time I stayed at Kumon. The work environment was a great experience to learn and develop skills and the people there fun to be around.

I was teaching Maths and English to children in Kumon tuition centre. Having a number of responsibilities including planning lessons, marking and learning from colleagues, increased my pressure but allowed me to adapt quicker. Teaching from a broad range of students from key stage 1 to 4, I became accustom to the demands of different students based on their age and any special needs they had.
During the last two years spent teaching at Kumon, I was fortunate enough to see students’ academically progress, which filled me with genuine happiness.
Intresting
Teaching asisstant (Current Employee) –  Bracknell, ENG11 August 2015
- i learnt something new everyday
- it helped my maths because i was teaching it
- on some day it was challenging on some days
Pros
shorts hours
Cons
Less pay
Fun and face pace environement
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  London, ENG16 July 2015
The children make the place lively and it is very rewarding to see how intelligent the children are. In addition the most enjoyable part of the job is being able to sit with the children and help them understand where they have gone wrong. My co-workers are really friendly.
Pros
Friendly co workers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kumon. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2