Kumon Employee Reviews

Productive and Engaging
Kumon Assistant (Former Employee) –  Frimley22 June 2016
Working at Kumon enabled me to develop my team working and communication skills. My job role was to guide students in their maths and english studies and provide feedback to the head regarding the students progress. I enjoyed working at Kumon due to the calm, friendly, warm atmosphere amongst great co workers. At the start it was tough to cope with the pressure, however overtime I developed my time management, which enabled me to keep up with the workload.
Very Interactive and enjoyable
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  London13 June 2016
No matter how long the day had been, entering this work placement always made me happy. Surrounded by friendly coo-workers always made me feel at home.

As I was normally one of the first to arrive, I start my shift as a receptionist, which consists of parent enquiries and handling payments. Then I move to my assigned job, teaching young individual Maths and English.

Learnt how to communicate with different individuals, such as the manager, colleagues, parents and of course the children. Also, how to work as a team and individually, managing children.
Most of all how to multitask. I was given the opportunity to learn every role at the placement, therefore was ready to jump from one role to another at any time if needed.

The hardest and the most enjoyable part of the job was the teaching. I love Maths and I love teaching it and the feeling you get once the child understands is fulfilling. But, if they are tired they are not willing to pay attention so a different style method of teaching needs to be used in order to help them finish their work, which can get a little difficult.

The work placement can sometimes get tiring but interacting with the children and teaching them new things everyday makes it all worth it, and that is the reason why I loved working at Kumon,
Pros
Excellent pay
good
Teaching Assisstant (Current Employee) –  Sheffield12 June 2016
I have gained some good experience as a first job from the kumon company and i have managed to expand my skills and developed a new confidence in the work place.
Proactive and hardworking
Kumon Helping Assistant (Former Employee) –  Woodford Green6 June 2016
I believe that a positive environment, with you and your colleagues working together to achieve the best results of the day, for example achieving weekly targets, and overcoming all of the struggles and making sure you all work cooperatively.
Kumon
Volunteer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stevenage5 June 2016
Kumon was an enjoyable job to be part of but it was ony two days a week and i wanted more hours.

Im a person that loves working with people and i love helping people out so that they can get the best out of there future.
I felt this was my job when i worked there.
Pros
Learning off others abilitys
Cons
Too short hours
Productive and comfortable workplace
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cardiff23 May 2016
The Kumon centre is open Monday's and Wednesday's, which is very practical as it is local for me as well as having reasonable and manageable hours. A usual day would consist of students bringing in completed work they have done at home and then we would provide new work for them to complete one in the centre as well as more for them to take home and complete again. Having them complete work in the centre is very beneficial for us to see their progress and also allows us the chance to help them when and if they need it.

Through working in such an environment I have learnt to adapt to busy periods and handling with several people at a time whilst offering the best possible help. Our team has a variety of ages which in fact compliments each other as we can work with specific ages that are suitable for ourselves. We all work well as a team, which has further developed my skills with working with others.

The hardest part of this job is time management as it is very easy to get behind on marking and updating homework. However, through my experience of working here for a while, I have been able to manage my time better which means I can complete work on time as well as to a high standard.

The most enjoyable and rewarding part of this job is seeing how the students develop. I have been able to see the gradual progression of certain students and in particular those with learning difficulties. In addition, the growth in confidence the students have from coming to this centre is very rewarding as usually when they start the programme they find it hard to communicate and are
  more... extremely shy. However, they soon warm to the assistants and are then able to freely ask for help, which not only improves the experience for us working their but also for the students who come.  less
Pros
Good working environment
Cons
Average pay
productive and fun working place
Assistant (Current Employee) –  Loughborough3 May 2016
working with the team has increased my sociability and communicating skills. the most enjoyable part is meeting new children at the centre every week and seeing my colleagues.
Fun workplace because of the children
Tuition teacher (Former Employee) –  Malaysia7 April 2016
I have to use the simplest and easier ways to teach the kids and let them easier to understand the classwork and homework. I have learned the way to speaks and guide so that the kids easy to understand. I have to manage most of the kids homework and when they need to submit the works.

The hardest part of this job is that the kids are very naughty, therefore, I have need more passion. The most enjoyable part is because of the kids. They are really cute and so real with the smile.
Inspirational team & busy working enviroment
Events Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Southgate Station4 April 2016
Kumon Educational is a dynamic workplace with friendly and supportive staff. The company offers fantastic benefits and operates a bonus scheme.
Pros
Benefits and bonus
Cons
Commute time
No two days are the same
Area Manager (Current Employee) –  Manchester30 March 2016
Kumon is keen to improve and develop the product it delivers and it is constantly trying to improve its product and the quality of service it provides to Instructors and customers.

I work with a wide variety of people and need to be flexible and adaptable in my approach to diverse situations.

The most enjoyable part of my job is working with the Instructors. It is very satisfying to see them work with me in making changes necessary to improve their business. I enjoy the interaction with people who do not always, initially, see that changes in approach can bring rewards, not only to them, but to their students.
Pros
In the main I manage my own time and diary
Cons
Sometimes the amount of travelling I need to do can be a little challenging
Porductive workplace
Tutor (Former Employee) –  London12 February 2016
This was my hardest work experience up to date. The shifts were 9-5 with no more than an hour break daily. The interaction with co-workers was very minimal as everyone was usually deep into work.
I actually enjoyed the hard work though. There was a huge sense of accomplishment every time I managed to get a new task completed and I truly enjoyed the pressure I experienced trying to meet deadlines on a day-to-day basis.
A good working place with minimal flaws
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Coventry, ENG3 February 2016
Typical day at work usually starts with setting up the class and then going to the marking table to do administrative work. I learned how to set a situation to live up to expected health and safety standards. co-workers are friendly and willing to teach new assistants
Kumon
Part-Time Tutor (Former Employee) –  London20 January 2016
The job consisted of tutoring up to 6 children aged 3-15 in Maths and English.
It reinforced my literacy and numeracy skills, and focused largely on convey new methods to learning.
Fun place to work
Maths/English Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bedford17 January 2016
This is a good place to work as a first job and will learn a lot of skills. The co-workers are hard workers. You learn to work with children and adults so that is a positive and it is not that busy so you can do your job well.
Pros
short hours
Cons
smal business
Lovely work environment
Senior Classroom Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, ENG13 January 2016
The hardest part of the job is intrinsically linked to the most enjoyable aspect of the job for me. Often, the younger student would get frustrated with their given work and it would be difficult to motivate them, or get them to listen when I tried to explain it to them. However, once this stage was passed and I saw them do their work and beam when they got it correct was the most enjoyable part of the day.
a quiet work place
Marking Maths and English work (Current Employee) –  South Norwood, ENG13 January 2016
It is a place for kids to learn and to do their work to help improve their Maths and English skills.
Marking their work shows how much they improve on a weekly basis
Fun place to work
To assist the Kumon teacher (Current Employee) –  Penarth, WLS4 January 2016
A great place to work for your first job good little money earner while still studying in school or A levels. Learnt a lot about how hard you need to work.
Pros
Short hours
Cons
Good pay
Fun and Hard working place
Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hereford, ENG14 October 2015
I've learnt how to be part of a team and have gained communication skills. Not only by working with the other assistants and instructor but with working with the kids and sometimes their parents. Great Management and co-workers.
fun workplace.
Tutor (Former Employee) –  M015 October 2015
I teached students from different age group. The subject that i taught were English, Mathematics and Malay. I find it was something which test your patience as it is related to students with varies character. Its hard when the students are really young or weak in certain subjects,
Pros
free tea
Cons
Fun and rewarding place to work
Classroom assistant (Former Employee) –  Cobham, ENG4 October 2015
Good place to work and rewarding, assisting younger children with their English and Maths. I really enjoyed working here on a part time basis.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kumon. Our community is ready to answer.