Kumon Employee Reviews

Enjoyable and stimulating work
Tutor/Assessor (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands5 June 2017
• Helping and supporting students up to the age of 13 with Maths and English skills
• Providing constructive feedback to students and parents in a positive and friendly manner
• Explaining skills and methods of both Maths and English to students
• Ensuring compliance with rules and standards of behaviour expected
Productive and fun workplace
Head Supervisor (Current Employee) –  London, Thamesmead4 June 2017
A great place to consider a first job, not too much pressure but still representative of an everyday work experience. Management is good, they regularly check with you and support you to ensure that you are working to the best of your abilities.
it is a productive and funwork workplace
Tutor Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hounslow, Greater London1 June 2017
I have recently started working at Kumon. I enjoy it as since a child I have always have had an interest as working as a teacher or doing some sort of teaching that involved working with children. Overall i enjoy the job working with children and helping them out when they need help. However it can be difficult dealing with children who do not pay attention and do not listen and take ages to complete their work. it sometimes stresses me out about them not finishing on time before the session is over. But it is an enjoyable and friendly environment to work in.
Pros
fun workplace, enjoy working with children, receive the minimum wage
Cons
naughty children who do not listen.
Nice boss/bad pay and benefits
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Crawley, West Sussex1 June 2017
My overall experience has been positive, the manager in nice to work with and very helpful, as were my colleagues. Bad pay though and often casual work rather than contract.
Tutor (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London30 May 2017
Fantastic place to work great employers hours werent too flexible and pay wasnt that great but working hours were very short so job could easily be juggled with another one.
Pros
Short hours
Cons
Repetitive, no breaks
Productive and fun workplace
Tutor Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brixton, Greater London23 May 2017
Working at Kumon involves marking, one to one teaching and support. Its a really fun environment to be in due to the diverse range of abilities and people.
Good
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dudley23 May 2017
4 hours a week
The pay inst amazing but its better than doing a paper round as its more fulfilling for the same weekly allowance
Staff are friendly
Its alright for a teenagers for a first job.
Productive, Knowledgeable
Classroom Assistant (Current Employee) –  Stevenage22 May 2017
Very enjoyable interacting with students and learning new things along the way. Lots of self satisfaction when customers (students) progress. Friendly atmosphere, lovely boss, perfect job for any young person!
Love the job
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Harrow, Greater London16 May 2017
The kids are a pleasure to work for. The job is wonderful and management is great! A job i enjoy and love alot.The culture is fantastic since all the staff get along well. Sometimes it can get hectic but overall the pay is worth the culture and atmosphere of the job.
Productive Environment
Learning Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hexham16 May 2017
Learned many valuable skills form working this role which will help me in later life. Made enjoyable through working with friends and getting to know the children and families you were helping.
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Kenton, UK13 May 2017
working at kumon i have learnt to be patience while working with younger children. it is a very easy going job which requires you to be helpful. my most enjoyable part of the job was helping the children out with their work and seeing them succeed in certain areas they use to struggle with.
Pros
flexible
Cons
a lot of marking to be done
Rewarding
Receptionist/Administrator (Current Employee) –  London7 May 2017
It is rewarding working with kids at Kumon, although at times it can be a little stressful as kids will be kids and sometimes won't cooperate and parents can be tricky too.
Not recommended
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Romsey6 May 2017
For this job, personally I would recommend for those who are still in school. This job was tiring as there was not much to do in the hours that I worked. For what I did: marking books, updating logs, conversing with parents and giving/helping on questions, I felt as though I was not receiving enough in terms of pay rate. The hours are long and there is not enough work to complete the hours.
Pros
Experience of communication
Cons
Long hours, low pay
Fun
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Abergavenny, Blaenau Gwent24 April 2017
Good working environment, at a fast working pace. I would mark children's maths and english work, and I learnt how to do this at a fast pace. It was pressuring at the beginning but it got easier as I became more experienced.
Cons
Not many hours
Interesting
Classroom Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester13 April 2017
No day at kumon is ever the same. You must do as told and cannot make your own rules as you are dealing with children. It is important to maintain confidentiality.
Pros
It is a simple job
Cons
low pay
Voluntary Worker (Former Employee) –  Cumbernauld13 April 2017
Volunteering for Kumon was generally a good experience, I built friendships with both the children and the staff as well as feeling as though I was being productive with my life
Pros
Building friendships with different people
Great job
Teaching Assistant/ Senior Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hounslow, Greater London11 April 2017
Working for Kumon is quite easy-going, not a lot of stress is involved, simply helping and tutoring children and teens in the areas which they are struggling. Great job for people with a lot of patience and are good at maths and english.
Fun workplace
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Northwood Hills5 April 2017
Typical day at work: marking children's workbooks and organising folders at the end of the day
What I learned: organisation, communication skills, being resourseful
Easy place to earn money
Marker and Recorder (Former Employee) –  St. Neots, UK30 March 2017
Worked here while I was doing my A-level. It's a great, fun place to work while you are studying to earn extra cash. Get a benefit from knowing you share helping children succeed.
Good working environment
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Preston, Lancashire29 March 2017
It has a good working environment but the salary isn't worth he work we do. I have developed good teaching skills from this job and looking forward to starting my own tutoring classes
Pros
Good environment
Cons
Salary

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kumon. Our community is ready to answer.