Kumon Employee Reviews

Found 211 reviews matching the search See all 1,755 reviews
hard working environment.
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Abbey Wood20 September 2017
A typical day at kumon would consist of the students bringing in their work from the previous week to be marked and initiating the work set for the following week. when students get stuck, it is the tutors job to not provide the answer but push the student to think about what the answer may be.
Pros
It runs from 4-6
Okay
TEMP (Former Employee) –  Kingston upon Thames18 September 2017
The workplace is lovely, and the job is enjoyable. The management is helpful and understanding, with very friendly people, despite firing a colleague for being too ill.
A good job to get by, but not a friendly environment to work in.
Classroom Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wokingham17 September 2017
Working as a teaching assistant at Kumon was a good experience to have, I enjoyed working with the children and aiding them learn about maths. However, the team I worked with did not communicate with each other, and the environment was very stiff.
A Learning Experience
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford, Essex10 September 2017
Boss was poor with employee morale and management. Heavily reliant on the boss have a strong understanding of the Math problems involved. Some principles e.g. Not allowing children to use working I found to be detrimental to their learning
Great
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Thornton Heath, Greater London7 September 2017
Its a great place to start if you looking to go into the education sector int he future. Time goes really fast, most of the time you do not get enough hours as it only lasts around 3 hours two or three days a week.
Pros
Enjoyable
Cons
Short hours
Great environment, although busy sometimes
Kumon Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hayes7 September 2017
As a Kumon instructor for almost 2 years I have been able to witness the importance the centre has on the communities children. It offers many chances for the children to succeed during their primary education and if they need help the instructors are always there to help. During school days the centre is very busy and when understaffed it is difficult to attend to all the children.
Pros
Not too straining
Cons
Pay and short hours
Flexible and good experience
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Willesden Green4 September 2017
A great place to work when starting in the tutoring industry. As most centres are open twice a week it is easy to fit working here into a busy schedule. I am very lucky to have a great boss who is very supportive, furthermore I enjoy working with the children and seeing them progress.
Rewarding
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Slough, Berkshire4 September 2017
Loved working with the kids, working with people who make your job enjoyable and stress free is great. Seeing the children benefit from your help is so rewarding and a boost, made me love my job even more.
Pros
Witnessing the children achieving their best
Cons
Pay was not enough for the hard work out in
nice place to work
Tutor/Mentor (Former Employee) –  London4 September 2017
slow days, time doesn't really move fast but still able to get some productive work completed. using your own initiative and knowing when to help a child with their work is key.
Good first job
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Harrogate, North Yorkshire3 September 2017
taught me basic things for my first job. taught me communication and teaching skills. Did on average 2 hrs after school on either Monday or Wednesday or both days.
Pros
straight after school, constant
Cons
small hrs and pay
Fun workplace
Assistant (Current Employee) –  Birmingham29 August 2017
I did work experience at Kumon Tuition centre for 2 weeks
I marked the worksheets and booklets of the younger children
I also helped certain individuals with their work
Very good but sometimes wage doesn't feel enough
Kumon Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands26 August 2017
Good work ethic and atmosphere but very busy sometimes and wage doesn't reflect work.
Sometimes work is passed onto the newer employees and can be stressful
Management is very good and friendly
Productive and fun
Receptionist/Administrator (Current Employee) –  Canada Water, Greater London25 August 2017
Excellent management and work enthic. I have been working with with Kumon for over a year now. i applied for the job as a class assistant and work as a receptionist
Great Experience and good communication and confidence boost
Assistant (Current Employee) –  Charlton, Greater London9 August 2017
I have enjoyed working at Kumon study centre and truly believe it has enhanced and equipped me to take on more opportunities that I may face.
Kumon has allowed me to become an efficient and patient worker whilst developing my communication skills.
Pros
Pick Up on key skills needed for a working environment
Cons
Limited level of work
Intellectual,
English and Math Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kidderminster8 August 2017
Great fun being able to work with children and knowing that what your doing is going to help them learn and understand more. Helps you learn and develop our own learning and understanding.
Efficient and productive workplace
Kumon Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chadwell Heath, Greater London7 August 2017
Kumon assistants may dedicate attention towards students whilst aiding them with worksheets, it is a rewarding job however requires focus and a sense of responsibility towards working with children of primary ages.
Decent
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Mitcham, Greater London3 August 2017
This was my first job and it involved helping children out with maths and english. Was not demanding and often was very laid back. Hardest part of the job was
Easy but boring
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sudbury29 July 2017
If you love working with children this is a good place to start, however the pay isn't very much and you only can work a few days a week for a few hours.
Pros
Working with children
Cons
Low wage
Little guidance from senior mamgement lack of decision making
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Southgate17 July 2017
Well established company but very slow in coming forward, I took this job to enhance my admin skills and learn about Power point Excell etc. The most difficult aspect of this job was the lack of decision making. The most enjoable was working in a quality team with individuals of different ages and backgrounds. It was also satisfying knowing that the Children taking the course were the first priority.
Pros
Good team and working enviorment convenient hours for single Parent 8am - 4pm
Cons
Slow progession
Productive and a Fun Environment
Part Time Classroom Assistant (Former Employee) –  Upminster16 July 2017
I really enjoyed the working culture as there were more people who were around my age. I was pleased with the socials we would hold to get to know one another and the social interaction we had with the children.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kumon. Our community is ready to answer.