Kumon Employee Reviews

Great Experience and good communication and confidence boost
Assistant (Current Employee) –  Charlton, Greater London9 August 2017
I have enjoyed working at Kumon study centre and truly believe it has enhanced and equipped me to take on more opportunities that I may face.
Kumon has allowed me to become an efficient and patient worker whilst developing my communication skills.
Pros
Pick Up on key skills needed for a working environment
Cons
Limited level of work
Intellectual,
English and Math Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kidderminster8 August 2017
Great fun being able to work with children and knowing that what your doing is going to help them learn and understand more. Helps you learn and develop our own learning and understanding.
Efficient and productive workplace
Kumon Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chadwell Heath, Greater London7 August 2017
Kumon assistants may dedicate attention towards students whilst aiding them with worksheets, it is a rewarding job however requires focus and a sense of responsibility towards working with children of primary ages.
Decent
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Mitcham, Greater London3 August 2017
This was my first job and it involved helping children out with maths and english. Was not demanding and often was very laid back. Hardest part of the job was
Easy but boring
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sudbury29 July 2017
If you love working with children this is a good place to start, however the pay isn't very much and you only can work a few days a week for a few hours.
Pros
Working with children
Cons
Low wage
Little guidance from senior mamgement lack of decision making
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Southgate17 July 2017
Well established company but very slow in coming forward, I took this job to enhance my admin skills and learn about Power point Excell etc. The most difficult aspect of this job was the lack of decision making. The most enjoable was working in a quality team with individuals of different ages and backgrounds. It was also satisfying knowing that the Children taking the course were the first priority.
Pros
Good team and working enviorment convenient hours for single Parent 8am - 4pm
Cons
Slow progession
Productive and a Fun Environment
Part Time Classroom Assistant (Former Employee) –  Upminster16 July 2017
I really enjoyed the working culture as there were more people who were around my age. I was pleased with the socials we would hold to get to know one another and the social interaction we had with the children.
Productive and fun workplace
Kumon Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tooting Broadway Station16 July 2017
The balance of time management and as well as communication skills would be enhanced due to being involved with children and aiding them towards their education. The hardest part of the job is keeping everything on time such as the markings and enterings of the work that was done by the students. However, having rapport towards the students makes the job enjoyable.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Nice place to work
Class Room Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire16 July 2017
As a class room assistant working at Milton Keynes Kumon Centre , I had to help mark the children's booklet and helped in the reception. I would help the students find their packs when they came to the centre and if any parents had any problems, I would try to help them out in anyway I could. Kumon was a nice place to work. Working from 3 in the afternoon till 6 in the evening was a good experience, especially have a family.
Very fun place to work
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Walkden, Greater Manchester10 July 2017
Very enjoyable working here because it was easy hours and never went slow. good if you enjoy working with young children and is a very enjoyable role.
Enjoyable workplace
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Stanmore, Greater London10 July 2017
It wasn't a boring job as there were many children there who brought laughter to the centre and it was different everyday. I learnt how to communicate with younger children and how one might see things on their level. At times, management was a bit shaky when the centre was busy and I think they struggled with handling certain children or went the wrong way about it, but the majority of the time it was okay. The staff were nice to work with and it made the workplace a nice place to work even though the salary wasn't good. It was a nice stopgap between school and university.
Good
Head assistant (Current Employee) –  Heston8 July 2017
Great to work at as it opens new opportunity. Also, if your student it would fit perfectly around your schedule as it is open 2 days a week on weekdays this allows you have free time on the weekend. Moreover, you have the chance to work with a wide range of children this varies your experience. You also, engage the parents sometimes.
Pros
Job opportunity open to wide range of people, chance to work with children.
Cons
Pay may be low and only open for 2 days
Fulfilling and positive workplace
teaching assistant (Current Employee) –  Wirral, Merseyside7 July 2017
Working at the Bebington Kumon Centre is a fulfilling and rewarding job. As a teaching assistant, I provide help for students of various ages between 4 and 18 years olds studying a mixture of both Maths and English from the most basic level to A-level standard.
The atmosphere in the workplace is always calm and postive and is a lovely place to work in. The manager of the centre is a very capable instructor and is always fair and looks out for both staff and students.
It has allowed me to learn how best to prioritise my responsibilities and manage my time as efficiently as possible.
Being able to help the students gives me a feeling of both achievement and pride is it is great to see each student stretch their abilities and progress through the programme.
It can be difficult during particularly busy classes when there a large numbers of students, lots of class work to mark and correct, lots of homework to be marked and files to be sorted. However, with a strong team of assistants we always work hard to complete as much as possible.
Pros
Flexible days to work
Really good job for someone that is starting
Assistant (Current Employee) –  Grays, Essex7 July 2017
worked at kimono from when I was 12 at first volunteering and now 17 and I bought my first phone with the money I earn. Very good boss, it has good hours and good pay
Very fun and producitve workplace
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cowbridge, Vale of Glamorgan6 July 2017
Working at Kumon is friendly and enjoyable as the coworkers and children are all so vibrant. My employer us wonderful and treats me well as helping me where I need it most!
Pros
Free tea/coffee, fair pay and nice work environment
Cons
Not enougb work hours personally. Would've liked to work longer and more days in the week.
Great Team and place to work
Teaching Assistant (Work Experience) (Current Employee) –  Croydon, Greater London5 July 2017
I get to work with young people which is great, the company allows for me to work with a range of leaners and abilities. The management is great and supportive. Hardest part of the job is learning how to identify academic levels.
Pros
Working Hours
Cons
N/a
Fast paced, highly enjoyable and rewarding job.
Class Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Midlands4 July 2017
Working at Kumon was a pleasure. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know each student and their abilities to help them further their potential and education. Kumon gave me the opportunity to maintain a professional relationship with the parents of the students which is lacked in other organisations, in my opinion. Kumon have developed a sound routine that we all follow to maintain class discipline and organisation. The staff are all extremely supportive.
Pros
Staff
Cons
Limited Hours
Very flexible and enjoyable job on the side.
Tutor Assistant (Current Employee) –  Waltham Cross, Essex3 July 2017
Kumon isn't a job which will pay for that brand new car you want, but it's a great way to help those that need it and enjoy yourself whilst doing so. It keeps you alert and in touch with different genres of people and the following generations. The work isn't demanding yet still requires dilligence and commitment and the pay is just a compliment to a very satisfying and intrinsically rewarding job.
Productive and fun workplace
Classroom Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bearsden, East Dunbartonshire3 July 2017
Working at Kumon is a challenge but working with young people is very rewarding for me. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to help the children.
Pros
Very friendly people
Cons
Awkward working hours
Really good
Support Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clements Road, London IG1 1EA3 July 2017
A typical day at work would be collecting the students from the door and seating them on their specific table sorted out by age. The children then would get on with their work and call if they need any help and call when they've finished. WI then check their answers and make them correct their mistakes and then add it to their review book. From time to time assessments are given to see a student's progress. Feedback is then given to parents showing them what marks they got in their work and how they are doing. Hardest part of the job was marking everyone's work as it had to be done quickly since two people are allocated to a minimum of 10 kids so time must be given to all 12 kids. Most enjoyable part is actually spending time with the kids and getting to know them.
Pros
Quality time with the kids
Cons
Sometimes you get more than 10 kids

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kumon. Our community is ready to answer.