Kumon Employee Reviews

Really good job for someone that is starting
Assistant (Current Employee) –  Grays, Essex7 July 2017
worked at kimono from when I was 12 at first volunteering and now 17 and I bought my first phone with the money I earn. Very good boss, it has good hours and good pay
Very fun and producitve workplace
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cowbridge, Vale of Glamorgan6 July 2017
Working at Kumon is friendly and enjoyable as the coworkers and children are all so vibrant. My employer us wonderful and treats me well as helping me where I need it most!
Pros
Free tea/coffee, fair pay and nice work environment
Cons
Not enougb work hours personally. Would've liked to work longer and more days in the week.
Great Team and place to work
Teaching Assistant (Work Experience) (Current Employee) –  Croydon, Greater London5 July 2017
I get to work with young people which is great, the company allows for me to work with a range of leaners and abilities. The management is great and supportive. Hardest part of the job is learning how to identify academic levels.
Pros
Working Hours
Cons
N/a
Fast paced, highly enjoyable and rewarding job.
Class Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Midlands4 July 2017
Working at Kumon was a pleasure. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know each student and their abilities to help them further their potential and education. Kumon gave me the opportunity to maintain a professional relationship with the parents of the students which is lacked in other organisations, in my opinion. Kumon have developed a sound routine that we all follow to maintain class discipline and organisation. The staff are all extremely supportive.
Pros
Staff
Cons
Limited Hours
Very flexible and enjoyable job on the side.
Tutor Assistant (Current Employee) –  Waltham Cross, Essex3 July 2017
Kumon isn't a job which will pay for that brand new car you want, but it's a great way to help those that need it and enjoy yourself whilst doing so. It keeps you alert and in touch with different genres of people and the following generations. The work isn't demanding yet still requires dilligence and commitment and the pay is just a compliment to a very satisfying and intrinsically rewarding job.
Productive and fun workplace
Classroom Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bearsden, East Dunbartonshire3 July 2017
Working at Kumon is a challenge but working with young people is very rewarding for me. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to help the children.
Pros
Very friendly people
Cons
Awkward working hours
Really good
Support Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clements Road, London IG1 1EA3 July 2017
A typical day at work would be collecting the students from the door and seating them on their specific table sorted out by age. The children then would get on with their work and call if they need any help and call when they've finished. WI then check their answers and make them correct their mistakes and then add it to their review book. From time to time assessments are given to see a student's progress. Feedback is then given to parents showing them what marks they got in their work and how they are doing. Hardest part of the job was marking everyone's work as it had to be done quickly since two people are allocated to a minimum of 10 kids so time must be given to all 12 kids. Most enjoyable part is actually spending time with the kids and getting to know them.
Pros
Quality time with the kids
Cons
Sometimes you get more than 10 kids
It was a very friendly workplace.
Helper (Former Employee) –  Heston26 June 2017
It would get very busy around 4:30pm ish till 6:00pm. I learnt how to mark and teach children skills of both Maths and English. The managment was very well organised there were workers and students from all diffrent cultures and background. The hardest part of the job was when the kids did not listen and the most enjoyable part was working with kids and seeing diffrent people all the time.
Ideal for students in search of part-time work experience
Study Programme Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kennington24 June 2017
Employees are required to mark and record student work throughout the working day. Occasionally, they will be required to interact with students to help improve the standard of their reading, writing or mathematical abilities.
Additional duties include the 'maintenance' (cleaning) of the work space.
Pros
Accommodating staff, Short hours
Cons
Can be repetitive
Fun workplace
Volunteer Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Reading23 June 2017
Kumon was a fun place to work, and teaching kids to do maths questions was particularly enjoyable. I liked working there, and it's a shame I had to quit, due to exams.
Pros
Working with kids
Cons
Nothing I can think of
Really good environment
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Blackburn, Lancashire19 June 2017
I helped mark the kids work , I learned teaching skills , how to work in a team, and lots of information the hardest part of the job was counting all the booklets at different levels that they had but I did it well as i am hardworking
Tutoring assistant
Assistant Tuition Leader (Former Employee) –  London, Bristol13 June 2017
• Tutoring students aged 4-11 individually and in groups.
• Creating a lesson plans with new and enticing material and organising the lesson timetables for all the students.
• Assisting students in areas of weakness, while providing the appropriate academic guidance.
• Recording all information and data gained from lesson to provide feedback to the tuition leader and parents.
Valuable experience
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Margarets and North Twickenham5 June 2017
The position provided experience in a public-facing position and helped me to grow in confidence regularly dealing with members of the public and receiving feedback.
Enjoyable and stimulating work
Tutor/Assessor (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands5 June 2017
• Helping and supporting students up to the age of 13 with Maths and English skills
• Providing constructive feedback to students and parents in a positive and friendly manner
• Explaining skills and methods of both Maths and English to students
• Ensuring compliance with rules and standards of behaviour expected
Head Supervisor (Current Employee) –  London, Thamesmead4 June 2017
A great place to consider a first job, not too much pressure but still representative of an everyday work experience. Management is good, they regularly check with you and support you to ensure that you are working to the best of your abilities.
it is a productive and funwork workplace
Tutor Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hounslow, Greater London1 June 2017
I have recently started working at Kumon. I enjoy it as since a child I have always have had an interest as working as a teacher or doing some sort of teaching that involved working with children. Overall i enjoy the job working with children and helping them out when they need help. However it can be difficult dealing with children who do not pay attention and do not listen and take ages to complete their work. it sometimes stresses me out about them not finishing on time before the session is over. But it is an enjoyable and friendly environment to work in.
Pros
fun workplace, enjoy working with children, receive the minimum wage
Cons
naughty children who do not listen.
Nice boss/bad pay and benefits
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Crawley, West Sussex1 June 2017
My overall experience has been positive, the manager in nice to work with and very helpful, as were my colleagues. Bad pay though and often casual work rather than contract.
Tutor (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London30 May 2017
Fantastic place to work great employers hours werent too flexible and pay wasnt that great but working hours were very short so job could easily be juggled with another one.
Pros
Short hours
Cons
Repetitive, no breaks
Tutor Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brixton, Greater London23 May 2017
Working at Kumon involves marking, one to one teaching and support. Its a really fun environment to be in due to the diverse range of abilities and people.
Good
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dudley23 May 2017
4 hours a week
The pay inst amazing but its better than doing a paper round as its more fulfilling for the same weekly allowance
Staff are friendly
Its alright for a teenagers for a first job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kumon. Our community is ready to answer.