Kumon Employee Reviews

Good first part time job
assistant (Current Employee) –  Harold Wood, Greater London2 February 2018
Liaising with parents and dealing with children of various abilities. Gave me good inter-personal skills and understanding of a work place. However communications between manager and co- workers in this instance needed much improvement.
Busy environment
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Bromley2 February 2018
Kumon is a very busy work environment full of both students and other teaching assistants. The hardest part of the job is dealing with are the students as you never know what to expect out of them. I really enjoyed working with the students. I learnt to be confident in myself and learnt different ways to deal with probems.
Terrible
Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London19 January 2018
The owners of the branch I worked at were very unprofessional. They talked behind the backs of some employees to other employees and would shout aggressively often.
Friendly and welcome place
Teaching assistant (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, Cambridgeshire17 January 2018
On a typical day at work I would be checking completed worksheets from children and doing errands for my boss. I've learned how to be patient with other people and children and learnt and how to work as a team.
Pros
fun environment and very friendly.
Cons
office work type.
nice
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bromley16 January 2018
the people i worked with in bromley were very nice and friendly, they were easy to work with and gave instruction very clearly. big fan of them and the whole company. the pay was very low however
Energetic and fun workplace due to the children.
Assisstant (Former Employee) –  Winchester, Hampshire21 December 2017
I was only 15 so didn't get much responsibility, however being allowed to help children with work was a fun aspect of the job. Unfortunately only 4 hours a week due to only 2 kumon sessions.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Few hours
help the children but no enough money to have it as a full time job.
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Shrewsbury13 December 2017
help the children with maths and English. very low pay. need a second job. if money not an issue rewarding helping the kids progress and learn more maths and english.
Fun and welcoming
TUTORING ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Tilgate6 December 2017
Ideal for students. Excellent management. Friendly staff and well behaved students.

Would have preferred working with an older age range but learnt a lot with the younger children.
Do not apply here if you need the money. As you can go weeks with out any
Early learning assistant (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire30 November 2017
Horrible atmosphere, poor management, expects a lot for minimum wage. Didn’t see any staff been trained with this excellent training that they brag about in their adverts. Wasn’t payed when the centre was closed due the centre managers own holidays even though you are contacted to amount of hours per week so you can go 3 weeks with out any pay. Also never got payed on time staff not trained in working with children as half the staff are still at school.
Pros
Cons
Atmosphere, No training
Primary school tutoring. Volunteering
Educational Support Assistant (Former Employee) –  London14 November 2017
I was made to mark the students' papers most of the time but when I wasn't. I was placed on the desks where I privately tutored the different students. I was able to gain the experience of working with the primary school children.
Pros
The children
nice working environment
Assistant (Current Employee) –  Birmingham11 November 2017
I currently work at a Kumon centre where I have the responsibility of sorting out children's work and marking it. It is a lovely working environment and would recommend it to any young people who are looking for a part time job. I found this job very convenient during my A levels as it never clashed with exam season and management was always lenient if had to take a day off for an exam.
Good part time Job
Receptionist/Administrator (Former Employee) –  Scunthorpe9 November 2017
Good to work with children and friendly families. Recording a lot of figures and facts so must be good with detail. Wages not great. Very short hours as 3 hours Mondays and 3 hours Thursdays.
Productive and helpful
Class assistant (Current Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff7 November 2017
Overall I like working here, the work load is not too much and the hours are very convinient. The work is not hard as long as you understand the topic the child is on.
Perfect first job
Assistant Tutor (Current Employee) –  Horsham, West Sussex1 November 2017
Works around getting an education, not too time consuming. Very hectic but enjoyable, and very chilled management style. Would recommend for students not full time employment.
Pros
Fits in around school
Cons
Not very good pay
productive
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Harrow & Wealdston Station25 October 2017
I enjoyed working with KUMON and leanr valuable skills that i can use at other places. working with intelligent students and students with disabilities helped me to understand that i need to use different techniques to help each student.
Cons
low salary
Not the Best.
Instructor's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Croesyceiliog, UK15 October 2017
Working at kumon was relatively easy and next to no hassle. But, the work was extremely boring and i found my colleagues to be very unsociable and therefore difficult to work with.
Boring
Class Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brigg9 October 2017
Feel like the culture depends on the leadership, if you have a good manger then kimono is great, otherwise its awful. Good for kids who want a bit of money, nothing serious though.
Fun workplace
Assistant recorder/helper (Former Employee) –  Old Harlow23 September 2017
You walk in sign in on a book and you set up tables and things so the children who come in can get their things and sit down and do the work that is set. During the 2 hours people who work there walk around and help whoever is in need, and after when everyone has left we pack everything up. what i learned from this is that helping children out on maths or english helps you remember things. The hardest part of the job was when it was busy and there was a lot of work to do, but the most enjoyable part of the job was to help out kids who needs the help.
Pros
good atmosphere
Cons
Summer holiday
Terrible managers
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  London22 September 2017
The job itself was not bad, but the manager that I had made it hard for me and the other workers to enjoy working there, she was quite passive aggressive, to be quite honest Im not sure how they let someone such as herself near kids, the woman had previously made a child go home crying and has shouted at many parents on many different occasions also the teaching style was not helping, the students did not seem to be learning at all. I quit working their because I didn't not want to be apart of an organisation such as that and the low pay was just the push I needed.
what i learnt
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Liverpool20 September 2017
I enjoyed the job role of working with children and being able to not only teach but inspire these young minds.Working with children also allowed me to learn the importance of creating a positive work environment and work effectively and efficiently with other colleagues.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kumon. Our community is ready to answer.