Kumon Employee Reviews

Good
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dudley23 May 2017
4 hours a week
The pay inst amazing but its better than doing a paper round as its more fulfilling for the same weekly allowance
Staff are friendly
Its alright for a teenagers for a first job.
Productive, Knowledgeable
Classroom Assistant (Current Employee) –  Stevenage22 May 2017
Very enjoyable interacting with students and learning new things along the way. Lots of self satisfaction when customers (students) progress. Friendly atmosphere, lovely boss, perfect job for any young person!
Love the job
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Harrow, Greater London16 May 2017
The kids are a pleasure to work for. The job is wonderful and management is great! A job i enjoy and love alot.The culture is fantastic since all the staff get along well. Sometimes it can get hectic but overall the pay is worth the culture and atmosphere of the job.
Productive Environment
Learning Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hexham16 May 2017
Learned many valuable skills form working this role which will help me in later life. Made enjoyable through working with friends and getting to know the children and families you were helping.
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Kenton, UK13 May 2017
working at kumon i have learnt to be patience while working with younger children. it is a very easy going job which requires you to be helpful. my most enjoyable part of the job was helping the children out with their work and seeing them succeed in certain areas they use to struggle with.
Pros
flexible
Cons
a lot of marking to be done
Rewarding
Receptionist/Administrator (Current Employee) –  London7 May 2017
It is rewarding working with kids at Kumon, although at times it can be a little stressful as kids will be kids and sometimes won't cooperate and parents can be tricky too.
Interesting
Classroom Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester13 April 2017
No day at kumon is ever the same. You must do as told and cannot make your own rules as you are dealing with children. It is important to maintain confidentiality.
Pros
It is a simple job
Cons
low pay
Voluntary Worker (Former Employee) –  Cumbernauld13 April 2017
Volunteering for Kumon was generally a good experience, I built friendships with both the children and the staff as well as feeling as though I was being productive with my life
Pros
Building friendships with different people
Great job
Teaching Assistant/ Senior Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hounslow, Greater London11 April 2017
Working for Kumon is quite easy-going, not a lot of stress is involved, simply helping and tutoring children and teens in the areas which they are struggling. Great job for people with a lot of patience and are good at maths and english.
Fun workplace
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Northwood Hills5 April 2017
Typical day at work: marking children's workbooks and organising folders at the end of the day
What I learned: organisation, communication skills, being resourseful
Easy place to earn money
Marker and Recorder (Former Employee) –  St. Neots, UK30 March 2017
Worked here while I was doing my A-level. It's a great, fun place to work while you are studying to earn extra cash. Get a benefit from knowing you share helping children succeed.
Good working environment
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Preston, Lancashire29 March 2017
It has a good working environment but the salary isn't worth he work we do. I have developed good teaching skills from this job and looking forward to starting my own tutoring classes
Pros
Good environment
Cons
Salary
great experience
Part Time Instructor (Former Employee) –  London, UK7 March 2017
Being able to work hours around school was great , it was very flexible and also good for learning skills .

good location and easy to get home from
Pros
hours
Cons
pay
productive
Classroom Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands26 February 2017
Students must do the work before leaving and their work must be marked. I have learnt that each child has different strengths and it is important to do what they feel comfortable in. The culture in the workplace is very diverse it is important too accept kids of different faiths. The hardest part of the job is to maintain that the kids stay focused. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the kids progress from not knowing to knowing, seeing the impact that kumon has on the kids.
not enjoyable workplace
Tutor (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London17 February 2017
a typical day at work for me would be to work with 9-10 children meaning that I would work with 3 children at a time and sometimes 4. I would help the children complete maths and English work in timed conditions. I learnt many skills such as communication skills and independent work. The place where I had worked the workplace culture was not great there was a lack of communication and if something went wrong everyone would point fingers at everyone and it was a bit unorganized. the hardest part of the job was to stand for 2 hours, as we were not allowed to sit down, and also getting the children to be in full concentration and complete all the tasks set. the most enjoyable part of the job was to work with different children and get to talk and connect with them.
Pros
short hours (2 hours twice a week)
Cons
no breaks, stand up for 2 hours, not allowed to take hoildays, bad payment
friendly working environment
tutor (Former Employee) –  Cardiff13 January 2017
this job was rewarding as it involved assisting children reach their full potential and assessing their progress over time. from my time here, i honed my communication and social skills as i interacted with the children swell as their parents. All my co-workers were easy to work with and dedicated to helping the children achieve their best.
Teamwork Based, A lot of Communication, Friendly Atmosphere
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Dorridge19 December 2016
A typical day at work would entail; setting up the room before the children arrived, welcoming the parents along with their children, managing the children and making sure that everyone was on task, then when all of the children had arrived and finished their work we would pack everything away.

It helped me to develop my team-working, social and communicative skills, it also aided my patience.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working with a lot of different individuals.
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Kingsbury, Greater London5 December 2016
A typical day of work will consist of teaching and maintaining a sufficient communication between both parents and tutee. This job has increased my confidence in talking to different people. In addition to my time management in marking my students work, alongside having to complete my own school work. This experience has taught me to work in a team environment with the other tutors and independently to overcome unexpected challenges through the ability to adapt. My job consisted of challenges in having to maintain constant motivation with the tutees after their long day in school. However, I enjoyed this job because I had the opportunity to adapt to challenging situations which I solve independently.
Fun and great place to work
Kumon maths and English tutor (Former Employee) –  Herne Hill21 November 2016
I loved every minute at kumon as the staff are like one big family. We all supported and helped eachother throughout our shifts and were all treated fairly.
Pros
Holidays, hours, references
Cons
Pay as hours are short
productive but not very challenging
Maths and English Tutor (Former Employee) –  Hitchin4 November 2016
i didn't work here for very long as it was very tedious and the pay wasn't very good, however everyone worked well as a team and got on with each other.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kumon. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2