Kumon Employee Reviews

Found 197 reviews matching the search See all 1,677 reviews
productive
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Harrow & Wealdston Station25 October 2017
I enjoyed working with KUMON and leanr valuable skills that i can use at other places. working with intelligent students and students with disabilities helped me to understand that i need to use different techniques to help each student.
Cons
low salary
Not the Best.
Instructor's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Croesyceiliog, UK15 October 2017
Working at kumon was relatively easy and next to no hassle. But, the work was extremely boring and i found my colleagues to be very unsociable and therefore difficult to work with.
Boring
Class Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brigg9 October 2017
Feel like the culture depends on the leadership, if you have a good manger then kimono is great, otherwise its awful. Good for kids who want a bit of money, nothing serious though.
Fun workplace
Assistant recorder/helper (Former Employee) –  Old Harlow23 September 2017
You walk in sign in on a book and you set up tables and things so the children who come in can get their things and sit down and do the work that is set. During the 2 hours people who work there walk around and help whoever is in need, and after when everyone has left we pack everything up. what i learned from this is that helping children out on maths or english helps you remember things. The hardest part of the job was when it was busy and there was a lot of work to do, but the most enjoyable part of the job was to help out kids who needs the help.
Pros
good atmosphere
Cons
Summer holiday
Terrible managers
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  London22 September 2017
The job itself was not bad, but the manager that I had made it hard for me and the other workers to enjoy working there, she was quite passive aggressive, to be quite honest Im not sure how they let someone such as herself near kids, the woman had previously made a child go home crying and has shouted at many parents on many different occasions also the teaching style was not helping, the students did not seem to be learning at all. I quit working their because I didn't not want to be apart of an organisation such as that and the low pay was just the push I needed.
what i learnt
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Liverpool20 September 2017
I enjoyed the job role of working with children and being able to not only teach but inspire these young minds.Working with children also allowed me to learn the importance of creating a positive work environment and work effectively and efficiently with other colleagues.
hard working environment.
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Abbey Wood20 September 2017
A typical day at kumon would consist of the students bringing in their work from the previous week to be marked and initiating the work set for the following week. when students get stuck, it is the tutors job to not provide the answer but push the student to think about what the answer may be.
Pros
It runs from 4-6
Okay
TEMP (Former Employee) –  Kingston upon Thames18 September 2017
The workplace is lovely, and the job is enjoyable. The management is helpful and understanding, with very friendly people, despite firing a colleague for being too ill.
A good job to get by, but not a friendly environment to work in.
Classroom Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wokingham17 September 2017
Working as a teaching assistant at Kumon was a good experience to have, I enjoyed working with the children and aiding them learn about maths. However, the team I worked with did not communicate with each other, and the environment was very stiff.
A Learning Experience
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford, Essex10 September 2017
Boss was poor with employee morale and management. Heavily reliant on the boss have a strong understanding of the Math problems involved. Some principles e.g. Not allowing children to use working I found to be detrimental to their learning
Great
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Thornton Heath, Greater London7 September 2017
Its a great place to start if you looking to go into the education sector int he future. Time goes really fast, most of the time you do not get enough hours as it only lasts around 3 hours two or three days a week.
Pros
Enjoyable
Cons
Short hours
Great environment, although busy sometimes
Kumon Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hayes7 September 2017
As a Kumon instructor for almost 2 years I have been able to witness the importance the centre has on the communities children. It offers many chances for the children to succeed during their primary education and if they need help the instructors are always there to help. During school days the centre is very busy and when understaffed it is difficult to attend to all the children.
Pros
Not too straining
Cons
Pay and short hours
Flexible and good experience
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Willesden Green4 September 2017
A great place to work when starting in the tutoring industry. As most centres are open twice a week it is easy to fit working here into a busy schedule. I am very lucky to have a great boss who is very supportive, furthermore I enjoy working with the children and seeing them progress.
Rewarding
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Slough, Berkshire4 September 2017
Loved working with the kids, working with people who make your job enjoyable and stress free is great. Seeing the children benefit from your help is so rewarding and a boost, made me love my job even more.
Pros
Witnessing the children achieving their best
Cons
Pay was not enough for the hard work out in
nice place to work
Tutor/Mentor (Former Employee) –  London4 September 2017
slow days, time doesn't really move fast but still able to get some productive work completed. using your own initiative and knowing when to help a child with their work is key.
Good first job
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Harrogate, North Yorkshire3 September 2017
taught me basic things for my first job. taught me communication and teaching skills. Did on average 2 hrs after school on either Monday or Wednesday or both days.
Pros
straight after school, constant
Cons
small hrs and pay
Fun workplace
Assistant (Current Employee) –  Birmingham29 August 2017
I did work experience at Kumon Tuition centre for 2 weeks
I marked the worksheets and booklets of the younger children
I also helped certain individuals with their work
Very good but sometimes wage doesn't feel enough
Kumon Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands26 August 2017
Good work ethic and atmosphere but very busy sometimes and wage doesn't reflect work.
Sometimes work is passed onto the newer employees and can be stressful
Management is very good and friendly
Productive and fun
Receptionist/Administrator (Current Employee) –  Canada Water, Greater London25 August 2017
Excellent management and work enthic. I have been working with with Kumon for over a year now. i applied for the job as a class assistant and work as a receptionist
Great Experience and good communication and confidence boost
Assistant (Current Employee) –  Charlton, Greater London9 August 2017
I have enjoyed working at Kumon study centre and truly believe it has enhanced and equipped me to take on more opportunities that I may face.
Kumon has allowed me to become an efficient and patient worker whilst developing my communication skills.
Pros
Pick Up on key skills needed for a working environment
Cons
Limited level of work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kumon. Our community is ready to answer.